You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3841 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
#1 31 days ago

Hi!
I’ve got this on my playfield (ToM) and I would love any advice on how to restore it. I’m quite noob but I’m good with painting.
Any advice/product to use is much appreciated!

IMG_3841 (resized).jpegIMG_3841 (resized).jpegIMG_3842 (resized).jpegIMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
#2 31 days ago

Here's the most comprehensive playfield repair/restore thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration

#3 31 days ago

Thanks! what should I look exactly for? (I’m italian and I’m not sure how to “translate “ the problem )

#4 31 days ago

You'd have to touch up the purple paint loss by hand and recreate the dithering (black dots) but for the inserts themselves, this is the most effective way.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/decals-insert/theatre-of-magic-insert-decal-set/

#5 31 days ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

You'd have to touch up the purple paint loss by hand and recreate the dithering (black dots) but for the inserts themselves, this is the most effective way.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/decals-insert/theatre-of-magic-insert-decal-set/

Thanks! How can I “level” the wood and fill that hole? And how should I coat after to match the playfield?

#6 31 days ago
Quoted from gurzo:

Thanks! How can I “level” the wood and fill that hole? And how should I coat after to match the playfield?

i used a product called plastic wood you can buy in a tube at home depot or lowes. i filled a divot in with it, let it set a few days and then carefully sanded it level.....works great.

#7 31 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i used a product called plastic wood you can buy in a tube at home depot or lowes. i filled a divot in with it, let it set a few days and then carefully sanded it level.....works great.

Great! So you don’t apply anything after? Like coating or similar?

#8 31 days ago

You will definitely have to apply a coating afterward. There are numerous recommendations for types of clear coats in the "playfield restoration thread" previously linked. There are also recommendations to put a piece of mylar over it after doing the touchup work. Only you can decide how much effort you are willing to put in for the level of quality you want out.

#9 31 days ago

You can't. Buy new PF!

#10 31 days ago

Requires a lot of expertise to repair this -- not a simple job.

#11 31 days ago

Yes this is a big job for someone that doesn’t really know a lot about restoring playfields might want too look into a new playfield if u really like the game and it’s a keeper

#12 28 days ago
Quoted from gurzo:

Great! So you don’t apply anything after? Like coating or similar?

if you are going to paint it prob need something to keep paint from wearing off, but the wood filler itself requires nothing, dries harder than the wood they claim. did mine 5 yrs ago, didn't bother painting area, just lived with it. no chipping at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-restore-this-on-my-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.