image.jpg
IMG_1404 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1418 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,807 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 297.
#14701 17 days ago

Prepping a Shadow cabinet.
This is another mod game.
I am starting to figure out how to get ahead of some of these things during the cabinet prep.
Provisions for lighted flipper buttons.
These light up much better from the outside directly behind the button but it takes way more effort.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Drilled and t nutted for the shaker.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14702 17 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

I remember a lot of cars that the paint would simply flake off the primer.

Yes that and trying to paint plastic bumpers was terrible back then.
We would paint them as laid out by the manufacturers about two weeks later they would be back and you could just blow the paint right off with compressed air and try again.

#14703 17 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Chris do you like IPA's? Remind me when you come see your parents to give you some killer IPA 4 packs. If not, a great Stout you may like..

Thanks I really appreciate the offer. I am a stouts or Belgian quads guy. Maybe a splash of tequila here or there.
I actually have a phrase for IPAs it goes like this.
It’s Probably Awful
Too hoppy for me

#14704 16 days ago

In yesterdays video the Pee-Pad rant about using used pads was killing me hahahaha

#14705 16 days ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Yes that and trying to paint plastic bumpers was terrible back then.
We would paint them as laid out by the manufacturers about two weeks later they would be back and you could just blow the paint right off with compressed air and try again.

So, a Mirco special, but for cars? (You really need to repost your AfM Mirco video)

Prepping a Shadow cabinet.

Looking forward to this. I've had a Shadow 3x and have a CPR playfield right now waiting for the right machine to fix up and put it in. Such a choice game.

#14706 13 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

In yesterdays video the Pee-Pad rant about using used pads was killing me hahahaha

I feel like all advice must include an official HEP disclaimer. It’s a bit different from others but it’s from the heart.

#14707 13 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, a Mirco special, but for cars? (You really need to repost your AfM Mirco video)

Looking forward to this. I've had a Shadow 3x and have a CPR playfield right now waiting for the right machine to fix up and put it in. Such a choice game.

Yes exactly like that.
I will have to look through my video archive. It think it’s in something else.

I do love Shadow. It’s a good game even in my eyes.

#14708 13 days ago

Building and buffing.

IMG_0722 (resized).jpegIMG_0722 (resized).jpegIMG_0725 (resized).jpegIMG_0725 (resized).jpegIMG_0737 (resized).jpegIMG_0737 (resized).jpegIMG_0738 (resized).jpegIMG_0738 (resized).jpegIMG_0739 (resized).jpegIMG_0739 (resized).jpegIMG_0740 (resized).jpegIMG_0740 (resized).jpegIMG_0741 (resized).jpegIMG_0741 (resized).jpegIMG_0742 (resized).jpegIMG_0742 (resized).jpegIMG_0743 (resized).jpegIMG_0743 (resized).jpegIMG_0745 (resized).jpegIMG_0745 (resized).jpegIMG_0746 (resized).jpegIMG_0746 (resized).jpegIMG_0747 (resized).jpegIMG_0747 (resized).jpegIMG_0748 (resized).jpegIMG_0748 (resized).jpegIMG_0749 (resized).jpegIMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
#14709 13 days ago

I do love Shadow. It’s a good game even in my eyes.

#14710 13 days ago

Building and buffing.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look striking! One question I had is what are the screws in place for? Am not familiar with TZ, so might be obvious, but I’m missing it. Or is this to keep those minis from moving during spraying?

#14711 13 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

These look striking! One question I had is what are the screws in place for? Am not familiar with TZ, so might be obvious, but I’m missing it. Or is this to keep those minis from moving during spraying?

Probably there to keep the mini playfield in place while buffing.

#14712 12 days ago

Why does that Memorex playfield look like they missed printing the gray layer? Is it just that light?

#14713 11 days ago

Just running at miniature TZ playfields assembly line.

IMG_0784 (resized).jpegIMG_0784 (resized).jpegIMG_0785 (resized).jpegIMG_0785 (resized).jpegIMG_0827 (resized).jpegIMG_0827 (resized).jpegIMG_0828 (resized).jpegIMG_0828 (resized).jpegIMG_0829 (resized).jpegIMG_0829 (resized).jpegIMG_0830 (resized).jpegIMG_0830 (resized).jpegIMG_0831 (resized).jpegIMG_0831 (resized).jpegIMG_0832 (resized).jpegIMG_0832 (resized).jpegIMG_0833 (resized).jpegIMG_0833 (resized).jpegIMG_0834 (resized).jpegIMG_0834 (resized).jpegIMG_0836 (resized).jpegIMG_0836 (resized).jpegIMG_0837 (resized).jpegIMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
#14714 11 days ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Why does that Memorex playfield look like they missed printing the gray layer? Is it just that light?

It just looks different all the way around. Some of it might be because Memorex copied the TAG version the rest could be because the robot needs glasses.

#14715 11 days ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Probably there to keep the mini playfield in place while buffing.

Yep these will quickly fly across the room faster than a hockey puck if not anchored down while buffing.

#14716 11 days ago

Are u finding with the TZ PF are most or all holes are lining up good I know some of other PFs don’t line up very well ,looking very good

#14717 11 days ago

Just running at miniature TZ playfields assembly line.

(CGC taking notes...)

#14718 11 days ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Are u finding with the TZ PF are most or all holes are lining up good I know some of other PFs don’t line up very well ,looking very good

The Memorex holes suck.
Putting the original together is a breeze though.

#14719 11 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(CGC taking notes...)

If they make it I doubt it will look anything like these underneath.
I had a local friend I did an original CC for and when I was over there he also had a remake.
Remake wasn’t sensing the ball in the mine area.
He ask me to take a look.
I did and was of no help.What ever senses the ball needs to be replaced and it’s not the universal stuff I am used to.

#14720 11 days ago

The Memorex holes suck.

Memorex is the playfield on the right?

#14721 11 days ago

The Memorex holes suck.

Yes they never line up when I did my MM many years ago there way only a few didn’t line up but I see now way way worst WTF hey but the Original bang on looking great though nice job

#14722 11 days ago
Quoted from sfspanky:

Memorex is the playfield on the right?

Memorex is the one with no bar code. Original has it.

#14723 11 days ago

Memorex is the one with no bar code. Original has it.

I was looking everywhere but there. Duh…

#14724 10 days ago

Kiss lamp panels primed along with the Shadow cabinet. Used white primer there because of the panels.
TZ playfields are being wired.
I am always finishing something,getting ready for the next thing and planting the seeds for what’s after that. It’s what it takes to maintain the momentum here.

IMG_0873 (resized).jpegIMG_0873 (resized).jpegIMG_0878 (resized).jpegIMG_0878 (resized).jpegIMG_0879 (resized).jpegIMG_0879 (resized).jpegIMG_0885 (resized).jpegIMG_0885 (resized).jpegIMG_0886 (resized).jpegIMG_0886 (resized).jpegIMG_0887 (resized).jpegIMG_0887 (resized).jpegIMG_0906 (resized).jpegIMG_0906 (resized).jpegIMG_0907 (resized).jpegIMG_0907 (resized).jpeg

#14725 10 days ago

Shadow cabinet painted.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14726 9 days ago

Have you been following the German guys getting up and running to do playfields and repro parts? They have their first playfield, with Getaway next, and some cool retro bumper caps in unusual colors as well as safecracker backbox decals printed on a metallic base that look pretty great. Some of this stuff might be useful in your projects, especially if the quality's there...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buthamburg-new-facility-merry-christmas-and-a-happy-new-year#post-8135655

#14727 9 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you been following the German guys getting up and running to do playfields and repro parts? They have their first playfield, with Getaway next, and some cool retro bumper caps in unusual colors as well as safecracker backbox decals printed on a metallic base that look pretty great. Some of this stuff might be useful in your projects, especially if the quality's there...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buthamburg-new-facility-merry-christmas-and-a-happy-new-year#post-8135655

Thanks for the link. No I haven’t but definitely will be.

#14728 9 days ago

Started setting the stage for my Kiss builds one original with an owner one HEP custom speculation with no home.
Bally Kiss Pinball Machine Builds Intro

#14729 9 days ago

So interested in seeing the custom build journey! I was also a Kiss fan. I had the first Kiss 8 track playing in my car with amplified speakers. I first saw them in Miami in 1976. Then again in 1978 in Houston Texas. I was working offshore in the Santa Barbra Channel California for an oil exploration company. We flew back to home base from LAX to Houston. My big/tall red neck supervisor made some bad remarks as we entered the plane, about "God Damn Freaking Hippies" sitting in first class. They were all leathered up with high heal boots (no make-up). He also called them "Queers" as we walked back to the economy section. When we got off the plane and went to baggage claim, these same long-haired hippies, were picking up guitar cases that said "KISS". I knew instantly who they were. I went from the airport to the concert venue and bought a ticket. Great Show by the way. Gene spitting fake blood as he stuck his long tongue out at the crowd.

There is a Kiss pinball at my local arcade (Crab Towne, Pasadena, MD). It is in great original shape. They also have a newer Kiss machine as well.

#14730 9 days ago

I never get tired of seeing those beautifully painted cabinets.

#14731 9 days ago

Started setting the stage for my Kiss builds one original with an owner one HEP custom speculation with no home.
Bally Kiss Pinball Machine Builds Intro

Specs are what keeps me coming back!

Thanks Chris.

#14732 8 days ago

Made some progress on my custom kiss project

IMG_1026 (resized).jpegIMG_1026 (resized).jpegIMG_1034 (resized).jpegIMG_1034 (resized).jpegIMG_1055 (resized).jpegIMG_1055 (resized).jpegIMG_1048 (resized).jpegIMG_1048 (resized).jpeg
#14733 8 days ago

Made some progress on my custom kiss project
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This dude printed his OG KISS playfield over again and re-cleared. Said it was a personal project, but wow, imagine if you could just sand and reprint beat playfields at will...

#14734 8 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This dude printed his OG KISS playfield over again and re-cleared. Said it was a personal project, but wow, imagine if you could just sand and reprint beat playfields at will...

That would be cool. You could make color changes easily etc.
Not my expertise though I still cut everything out with razor blades

#14735 8 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The problem with direct printing is that you lose some vibrancy of certain colors, in particular greens and oranges. It's just the way process colors are made versus that of the screen printed, very specific, only used in one place, spot color.

#14736 6 days ago

Good lord that masking tape floss idea for the lower cab is so simple and genius at the same time I laughed at my TV when I saw you do it.
Brilliant

#14737 5 days ago

I had a busy weekend.
It was Marshall’s 24th birthday.
He wanted gifts he will never unbox and a cowboy hat plus a Minecraft cake got the granddaughter a hat too. He’s 24 and she is 4. Seems like both were born just yesterday.

IMG_1093 (resized).jpegIMG_1093 (resized).jpegIMG_1102 (resized).jpegIMG_1102 (resized).jpegIMG_1098 (resized).jpegIMG_1098 (resized).jpegIMG_1101 (resized).jpegIMG_1101 (resized).jpeg
#14738 5 days ago

Too much to describe on these Kiss builds but its in the videos.

IMG_1129 (resized).jpegIMG_1129 (resized).jpegIMG_1141 (resized).jpegIMG_1141 (resized).jpegIMG_1140 (resized).jpegIMG_1140 (resized).jpegIMG_1149 (resized).jpegIMG_1149 (resized).jpegIMG_1150 (resized).jpegIMG_1150 (resized).jpegIMG_1172 (resized).jpegIMG_1172 (resized).jpegIMG_1169 (resized).jpegIMG_1169 (resized).jpegIMG_1170 (resized).jpegIMG_1170 (resized).jpegIMG_1173 (resized).jpegIMG_1173 (resized).jpegIMG_1175 (resized).jpegIMG_1175 (resized).jpegIMG_1179 (resized).jpegIMG_1179 (resized).jpegIMG_1159 (resized).jpegIMG_1159 (resized).jpegIMG_1171 (resized).jpegIMG_1171 (resized).jpegIMG_1183 (resized).jpegIMG_1183 (resized).jpeg

#14739 5 days ago

Too much to describe on these Kiss builds but it in the videos.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Simply amazing.

#14740 5 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Good lord that masking tape floss idea for the lower cab is so simple and genius at the same time I laughed at my TV when I saw you do it.
Brilliant

If you could have seen some of the things I have had to figure out how to tape up over the years.
The worst was a v-12 engine in a brand new back then 1998 Mercedes CL600 that a recent football draft pick at that time wanted to color change.
It was a job I will never forget.

#14741 5 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Simply amazing.

Thanks!
We are just getting started there the best is yet to come.
That custom ones keeping me up at night brainstorming.

#14742 5 days ago

Thanks!
We are just getting started there the best is yet to come.
That custom ones keeping me up at night brainstorming.

This might be on your top 5?

#14743 5 days ago

Happy Birthday Marshall !
LTG : )

#14744 5 days ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

This might be on your top 5?

Yeah I am shooting for #1 every time I do something like this.

#14745 5 days ago

This is what makes you top dog

Glad your son had a happy birthday!

#14746 5 days ago

I wish I could see the Kiss cabinet in person. That pearl gold effect is killer.

#14747 5 days ago

I can already envision the hot rod style airbrush flames on the cabinet……

#14748 4 days ago

Shooting for #2 would be wrong.

#14749 4 days ago
Who does 2 work for Austin Powers (resized).JPGWho does 2 work for Austin Powers (resized).JPG
#14750 4 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

[quoted image]

Obviously Mirco.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1,419.00
$ 29.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 180.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 29.95
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,807 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/295 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.