You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinside.e1fd3d5299f382e32015d01a00522865e630c0de (resized).jpg
LeagueBRcadeFlyer (resized).jpg
bk_1 (resized).jpg
#1 12 months ago

I have been asked to open a thread to discuss upcoming event dates, tournament styles, and gauge attendance.

Please feel free to ask questions and somebody should be able to assist.

bk_1 (resized).jpgbk_1 (resized).jpg
#2 12 months ago

thank you Jody for setting this up!

I would like to know when people plan on having tournaments so there is no double booking with us, or holidays, or events outside of the state. we had the initial women's tourney in Baton Rouge, and it was a blast! I have no pictures yet though, haha. I would like to know when future tournaments are planned, and if/when people would like to host a women's tourney specifically. that would be Pav, Nicholette, and Vaughn specifically. I am down with being TD, whatever format you want if you have a preference, whatever is needed to run women's specifically.

so July 1 is on the calendar. what else are people planning on?

~wendy

1 week later
#3 11 months ago

okay this is where EasternBloc and TigerLaw put in when you want to have a women's tournament at your place... Bueller... Bueller...

how do I get this to happen? I don't know how to add people to this group text! argh!

#4 11 months ago

I also though of a shirt design, what if we had that crawfish but with flippers as his claws? Flip At Me Bro?

also, I want to have a league in Baton Rouge sundays july 9 to august 27 2pm. gotta figure out how to submit that to IFPA. hoping to have 8 to 10 women play. we'll see.

*whistling in the dark*

#5 11 months ago
Quoted from vendalah:

I also though of a shirt design, what if we had that crawfish but with flippers as his claws? Flip At Me Bro?
also, I want to have a league in Baton Rouge sundays july 9 to august 27 2pm. gotta figure out how to submit that to IFPA. hoping to have 8 to 10 women play. we'll see.
*whistling in the dark*

IFPA is pretty funny how the weekly league is submitted. You could do it as a cumulative event with 1 big points payout or smaller weekly submissions.

I like the idea of the crawfish with flippers Wendy!

1 week later
#6 11 months ago

trying to get this to happen

LeagueBRcadeFlyer (resized).jpgLeagueBRcadeFlyer (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7 11 months ago

Wendy, I will definitely try to make an event. Maybe some of us can carpool from LC.

#8 11 months ago

it's a league, so unless you want to commute at least six times don't worry we'll try for an open tourney in the future.

1 month later
#9 9 months ago

So I have put up my AIQ Pro if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/161738

#10 9 months ago

I know we have an event at Brian's place on August 19th. Any other events in the planning stage?

#11 9 months ago

How’s the weekend of Sept 9 looking for everyone?

That’s Grambling at LSU weekend. Any tournaments already set?

I would really enjoy having a party / gathering. The collection has changed up quite a bit since my last gathering.

I wasn’t thinking tournament, but I would be happy to cook etc. If someone would like to organize a tournament, I would welcome it.

Would anyone be interested in something like that?

Added 9 months ago:

Sept 9 is has a conflict. I’ll find another date.

#12 9 months ago

Sept 9th is set for the return of Lake Monster Madness! I hope you’ll be able to join us @Nevus.

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/lake-monster-madness-2-2023

pinside.e1fd3d5299f382e32015d01a00522865e630c0de (resized).jpgpinside.e1fd3d5299f382e32015d01a00522865e630c0de (resized).jpg
#13 9 months ago

Eureka! Thanks reminding me Rob. I would love to make your event. I will find a different date for Shreveport.

#14 9 months ago

Pav said they could host a women's tourney november 4, but nothing is final. Flowood has a women's and open october 21 that I will try to get women to. I want at least Pav's and one more women's in LA and then a women's state at the open state location. we'll see.

also, when do we get to the point where we have two tourneys on the same day? either two cities far apart, or close. having had 27 people at Jody's I would expect two could be held in LC same day to divide all the people.

#15 9 months ago

also, do any league people know what happens with people who only make like half of a league? will I still submit them to IFPA?

#16 9 months ago
Quoted from vendalah:

Pav said they could host a women's tourney november 4, but nothing is final. Flowood has a women's and open october 21 that I will try to get women to. I want at least Pav's and one more women's in LA and then a women's state at the open state location. we'll see.
also, when do we get to the point where we have two tourneys on the same day? either two cities far apart, or close. having had 27 people at Jody's I would expect two could be held in LC same day to divide all the people.

Interesting idea Wendy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-event-planning-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.