(Topic ID: 125919)

Score Reel Clocks by Ayscrim Studios - Space Girl Eclipse Edition!

By PhilGreg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 918 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by PhilGreg
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Gottlieb theme should I do next? Reply in thread for me to add others.”

• Slick Chick 1 vote
    17%
  • Astro 1 vote
    17%
  • Universe 0 votes
  • Abra Ca Dabra 2 votes
    33%
  • Centigrade 37 0 votes
  • Flying Carpet 2 votes
    33%

(6 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240411_163837~2 (resized).jpg
20240413_162316 (resized).jpg
20240412_190438~2 (resized).jpg
20240412_145147~2 (resized).jpg
20240413_212238~4 (resized).jpg
20240413_183900~2 (resized).jpg
20240413_121324~2 (resized).jpg
SGE1 (resized).png
20240409_065835 (resized).png
SGE1 (resized).png
SGE4 (resized).png
SGE5 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 11-49-16 Ayscrim Studios (@ayscrimstudios) • Instagram photos and videos (resized).png
20240407_170705~2 (resized).jpg
pintastic (resized).png
20240320_193056 (resized).jpg
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.
#851 50 days ago

Philippe, any chance of just selling the Atlantis translite separately? I'd love to put one in my original run clock.

#852 50 days ago
Quoted from jrh7:

Philippe, any chance of just selling the Atlantis translite separately? I'd love to put one in my original run clock.

Yes sir, will put em up later today.
So, as you have "guessed" ()... here it is!

20240308_161825-EDIT (resized).jpg20240308_161825-EDIT (resized).jpg
20240308_161912 (resized).jpg20240308_161912 (resized).jpg
20240308_161837 (resized).jpg20240308_161837 (resized).jpg
20240308_161945-EDIT (resized).jpg20240308_161945-EDIT (resized).jpg
105f1 (resized).jpg105f1 (resized).jpg

The 1975 classic, with artwork by the legend and my personal favorite, Gordon Morison. I've had many people ask about buying my initial prototype but if it was ever going to happen it would be legit and officially licensed, and now it is!

For sale now on my website at www.AyscrimStudios.com.

#854 48 days ago

I'm trying to purchase a translite - or 2 - through your store and, after choosing countery (US) and state (FL) it still wants me to choose a destination. Help!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#855 47 days ago
Quoted from homegameroom:I'm trying to purchase a translite - or 2 - through your store and, after choosing countery (US) and state (FL) it still wants me to choose a destination. Help!
[quoted image]

Thanks for bringing it up - will check it out tomorrow.

#856 47 days ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Yes sir, will put em up later today.
So, as you have "guessed" ()... here it is!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The 1975 classic, with artwork by the legend and my personal favorite, Gordon Morison. I've had many people ask about buying my initial prototype but if it was ever going to happen it would be legit and officially licensed, and now it is!
For sale now on my website at www.AyscrimStudios.com.

That Atlantis is so awesome I had to buy one.
And I will now have 3 of your clocks!

#857 47 days ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Thanks for bringing it up - will check it out tomorrow.

Works for me - maybe try another browser or clear your cache?

If not just paypal it to me directly.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That Atlantis is so awesome I had to buy one.
And I will now have 3 of your clocks!

Wow, I'm honored! I remembered your name and thought this was your second, but not your third - where do you have them all? Same spot or different places?

1 week later
#858 36 days ago

Got the Atlantis translite put in my clock - awesome! Just need to paint the case now. Thanks @philgreg!

20240323_082227 (resized).jpg20240323_082227 (resized).jpg
#859 36 days ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Got the Atlantis translite put in my clock - awesome! Just need to paint the case now. Thanks @philgreg!
[quoted image]

Nice! Looks like it would look better a 1/4" down though - don't worry about cutting out a slice at the bottom if need be.
Also, in newer iterations, I'm using a translite channel which makes it easier to adjust them just right.

Cheers!

#860 36 days ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Nice! Looks like it would look better a 1/4" down though - don't worry about cutting out a slice at the bottom if need be.

Yes I agree, we will make that adjustment

#861 34 days ago

One of my clocks is in a forensics lab!

I get asked “what kind of person buys a pinball clock?” and I guess the answer to that is some very interesting characters. I figured it could be fun to talk to some of them and see what their story is.

Meet Jonathan Kui ( jonnyqtrek ) , who works as a forensics biologist and runs a carnivorous plant nursery (http://www.midtowncarnivores.com/). He also produced the documentary film “CAPTIVATED - THE ALLURE OF CARNIVOROUS PLANTS”.
An interesting fellow for sure, hear him out!

On Facebook here: https://fb.watch/r1xNFCwiNz/
Or Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C48ixCcRmvc/

#862 31 days ago

Hello all,
I have already decided on the next theme - I will be announcing it at Pintastic. What I can say right now is that it's not a Gottlieb licensed one.

But I figured it might be a good idea to get a feel for what people would like to see for the one after that. So, tell me what I should add and I'll create a poll.
Edit: I closed the poll as I couldn't keep editing it - just upvote what you like!

*What Gottlieb EM should be the theme for my next licensed clock?*

#863 31 days ago

Astro, Universe or Slick Chick!

#865 31 days ago

Astro:
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

Universe:

Slick Chick:

Abra Ca Dabra:

#866 31 days ago
image-15 (resized).jpgimage-15 (resized).jpg
#867 31 days ago

Flying Carpet

#868 31 days ago

Flying Carpet! Never thought of that one.

#869 31 days ago

Phil if you decide to do a gottlieb flying carpet I have a really good hires image i produced that you could have. This NOT the hi res version just to give an indication of what it could look like.

IMG_0276 (resized).jpegIMG_0276 (resized).jpeg
#870 31 days ago

Phil, as one of the first run buyers it's great to see you still making these as well as expanding to obtain the Gottlieb license. Congrats!

#871 30 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Phil, as one of the first run buyers it's great to see you still making these as well as expanding to obtain the Gottlieb license. Congrats!

Thank you sir, very appreciated! It is early supporters like yourself that kept me going (for better or for worse! )

#872 30 days ago

This would be cool if the reels were obtainable!
Perhaps in 'wedge' portrait style rather than landscape.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2ac (resized).jpg2ac (resized).jpg3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
#873 30 days ago

4 time zones?IMG_0578 (resized).jpegIMG_0578 (resized).jpeg

#874 30 days ago

Oops - I thought I could just keep editing the poll but apparently not - well - I guess people can just upvote the ones they agree with.
Hit the Deck - never thought of that one either. My reels are custom and in any case it's a sticker that goes over the original ones so I don't see why it couldn't be done.
Surf Champ, I'm wondering how well it would work with my wedgehead inspired shape, but as you can see with my very first clock, definitely one that I like.

#875 30 days ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

This would be cool if the reels were obtainable!
Perhaps in 'wedge' portrait style rather than landscape. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this yours? I remember seeing one for sale reasonably priced in my early days - I didn't understand its rarity and significance and didn't bother.

#876 30 days ago

I think Abra Ca Dabra would be a good seller.

#878 30 days ago

My vote has been cast....Great Job on these !

GGGGG Mouse C37 Backglass (resized).jpgGGGGG Mouse C37 Backglass (resized).jpg
#879 30 days ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Is this yours? I remember seeing one for sale reasonably priced in my early days - I didn't understand its rarity and significance and didn't bother.

Yes!

I purchased this Hit The Deck a few years ago in Vancouver. It is in pristine condition. My understanding is, originally it was an HUO from Montreal, owned by an industry manager at Laniel Automatic. The 'Canada #11' stamp on the inside and the Laniel Automatic stencil on the outside bottom of the cabinet tells an interesting cross Canada storey!

4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG
#880 29 days ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Yes!
I purchased this Hit The Deck a few years ago in Vancouver. It is in pristine condition. My understanding is, originally it was an HUO from Montreal, owned by an industry manager at Laniel Automatic. The 'Canada #11' stamp on the inside and the Laniel Automatic stencil on the outside bottom of the cabinet tells an interesting cross Canada storey!
[quoted image]

Wow this is incredible. Seeing that it comes from Montreal makes me afraid that it's the same one I'd passed on.
Good for you, quite the catch!

#881 29 days ago

Hey PhilGreg quick question: how audible is the score reels changing time? Thinking about buying one but it would love in a recording studio where that might not be a good fit.

#882 29 days ago

Photo bomb for fun.

20240319_175947 (resized).jpg20240319_175947 (resized).jpg20240319_175951 (resized).jpg20240319_175951 (resized).jpg20240319_175953 (resized).jpg20240319_175953 (resized).jpg20240319_175956 (resized).jpg20240319_175956 (resized).jpg20240320_192222 (resized).jpg20240320_192222 (resized).jpg20240320_193056 (resized).jpg20240320_193056 (resized).jpg20240320_193316 (resized).jpg20240320_193316 (resized).jpg
#883 29 days ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Hey PhilGreg quick question: how audible is the score reels changing time? Thinking about buying one but it would love in a recording studio where that might not be a good fit.

If you go listen to the interview with jonnyqtrek , I have captured the sound at the end since he mentions it. This will give you an idea. I would say if you're in a very quiet room you definitely hear it, but I don't know what is too loud for your situation.

On Facebook here: https://fb.watch/r1xNFCwiNz/
Or Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C48ixCcRmvc/

That being said, what's the worst that could happen? You find out you need to unplug it once a while or you have to put it some other place?

I would say having one in a studio would be pretty cool. Did anything we would know get recorded in there?

#884 29 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Photo bomb for fun.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thanks for sharing! That's a nice countertop!

#885 25 days ago

Pintastic is next week!
I'll be unveiling the new Ayscrim Studios design, a collaboration with the man of the hour in the pinball world, Brad Albright! Our previous collaboration, Space Girl, unveiled at Expo, sold out within the day. Our next will be for sale for the duration of Pintastic so set your timer!
He was the talk of Texas Pinball Festival with his mindblowing artwork for the Motorhead custom pin, and will knock your socks off with this new design!
I'll also be bringing with me the Kings & Queens and Atlantis Gottlieb licensed clocks and some cool shirts and hats - come see me at my booth!

pintastic (resized).pngpintastic (resized).png

#886 25 days ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Pintastic is next week!
I'll be unveiling the new Ayscrim Studios design, a collaboration with the man of the hour in the pinball world, Brad Albright! Our previous collaboration, Space Girl, unveiled at Expo, sold out within the day. Our next will be for sale for the duration of Pintastic so set your timer!
He was the talk of Texas Pinball Festival with his mindblowing artwork for the Motorhead custom pin, and will knock your socks off with this new design!
I'll also be bringing with me the Kings & Queens and Atlantis Gottlieb licensed clocks and some cool shirts and hats - come see me at my booth!
[quoted image]

Nice, I love that Space Girl one! Will this new design be available on your online store as well, or only on the show floor?

#887 25 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

Nice, I love that Space Girl one! Will this new design be available on your online store as well, or only on the show floor?

Hi, it will,be available online as well.
Cheers!

#888 23 days ago

Hey Phil,sera tu au salon du pinball à Québec en Mai?

#889 22 days ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Hey Phil,sera tu au salon du pinball à Québec en Mai?

Oui monsieur!

#891 18 days ago

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 11-49-16 Ayscrim Studios (@ayscrimstudios) • Instagram photos and videos (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-04-10 at 11-49-16 Ayscrim Studios (@ayscrimstudios) • Instagram photos and videos (resized).png

Space Girl Eclipse - 15 units on sale tomorrow at 7PM EST. Will post official pictures tomorrow morning.
If you missed out on the original beauty by Brad Albright, here's your chance to catch this variant!

#892 17 days ago

Here it is folks, the eclipse screwed up the whole universe and now Space Girl is in black and white!
I'll have 15 units up for sale on my website at 7PM EST tonight (04/11).

Presenting Space Girl Eclipse Edition:

20240409_065835 (resized).png20240409_065835 (resized).pngSGE1 (resized).pngSGE1 (resized).pngSGE4 (resized).pngSGE4 (resized).pngSGE5 (resized).pngSGE5 (resized).png

#893 17 days ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Here it is folks, the eclipse screwed up the whole universe and now Space Girl is in black and white!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are these pre-made how long before shipping?

#894 17 days ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Are these pre-made how long before shipping?

First 2 are pre-made the others should ship within the next 4 weeks.

#895 17 days ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW, these are striking. This was a great idea!

#896 17 days ago

I recently purchased the KING & QUEENS clock. It is sitting on my desk - very cool. I highly recommend this!

#897 17 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

WOW, these are striking. This was a great idea!

Thank you! I pitched the idea of a white variant to Brad and he felt it didn't work so I proposed a black one... then saw his Motorhead and figured why not go BW all the way! Came out great!

#898 17 days ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I recently purchased the KING & QUEENS clock. It is sitting on my desk - very cool. I highly recommend this!

Thanks for the kind words! Can't wait for my next trip to Jacksonville, South Beach skatepark and the pinball palace are on my list whenever I go!

#899 17 days ago

Sent PM via FB

#900 17 days ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Thanks for the kind words! Can't wait for my next trip to Jacksonville, South Beach skatepark and the pinball palace are on my list whenever I go!

Phil - definitely reach out - would love to share my collection and play a little.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 918 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-reel-clock-project/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.