(Topic ID: 57336)

Gottleib Stargate cabinet art - does anyone else need it?

By Muppet_Man

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Bump.gif
#1 10 years ago

I have Stargate and the cabinet really needs doing. I bought the game thinking it would be a quick fad, and then I'd move it on. But the reality is, I love it. It's far better than expected, and I really can't see it ever leaving.

The point being, finding a Stargate in the UK took eighteen months, and finding another with a better cabinet is quite frankly not going to happen.

I searched everywhere, and it seems no one ever produced after market cabinet decal replacements (or indeed any other kind of replacement things for Gottlieb Stargate it seems) and there just never has been any, and after contacting the licensed spares people, it would seem there never will be any.

After getting a nasty letter over the missing back box art for Scared Stiff I was having made, I now am well aware of how you can be leapt on for trying to make something which someone holds the licence for, even if they never have any intention of doing it themselves. They would rather people can't have one, than someone else make it and they don't get any money.

So, I have started to contact Gottlieb about making them and having them work out how much per item they will charge for a licence fee to produce.

So, ideally, before I go to all of this trouble, it would be nice to know if anyone else would like a set.

At this stage, it goes without saying, I don't know how much they would cost, so no point asking me that. But, if you have a passing interest, if you would like to let me know, I can evaluate if it's even worth the effort.

Thanks all.

#2 10 years ago

Good read... I hope you can make this fly, it would be great for a lot of guys..

Good luck

#3 10 years ago

Maybe I'm in a bit of a minority here!

#4 10 years ago

Sorry. My Stargate is perfect.

#5 10 years ago

Small bump just to be sure.

Bump.gifBump.gif

#6 10 years ago

I'm interested in a set. Just depends on quality, durability and the final cost.

4 months later
#7 10 years ago

I wish I could get the artwork for the stargate on the playfield, someone peeled the factory mylar up, and it took the bottom gate artwork with it. I would love to get a scan of it so I could make a vinyl overlay for it. My cab is almost perfect, or I would get in on this. I wish someone would make a whole playfield for Stargate, they would sell a ton of them.

#8 10 years ago

I would love to redo the front of my SG cab. The sides aren't bad, but I'm open to any options to make my SG that much sweeter, it's a great pin.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I wish I could get the artwork for the stargate on the playfield, someone peeled the factory mylar up, and it took the bottom gate artwork with it. I would love to get a scan of it so I could make a vinyl overlay for it. My cab is almost perfect, or I would get in on this. I wish someone would make a whole playfield for Stargate, they would sell a ton of them.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=2746

viperrwk

#11 10 years ago

That's my playfield. if you do remake the cabinet art please let me know. If I still have the game I would be interested. Does anyone known where to get the back box warning screen or a decal of it?

#12 10 years ago

Im in!

#13 10 years ago

Thanks guys.

2 weeks later
#14 10 years ago

That's a very nice scan. Do you have a really high resolution version of that?

Looks like I'm going to do a full monty rebuild on my Stargate at the end of March, so that could be really helpful. At the same time I'm going to try to get some cabinet art. Having the art cleaned and printed doest seem to be a problem, but I've no idea how I'm going to scan in the cabinet in the first place and no other scans seem to exist.

#15 10 years ago

I'm a huge fan of Stargate SG-1 and have been considering making New Cabinet Art for my Stargate using the SG-1 theme, the only thing holding me back is my cabinet art is perfect & I would hate to destroy perfect cabinet art.....
Love my game & have had it for 12 years now, it will never leave my collection....

#16 10 years ago

We've had our SG for 4 years, love it & the only Gottlieb in our collection of 26 Pins.

More than willing to help with anyone's request short of removing the PF & the PF Parts.

Pin - K

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

1 week later
#17 10 years ago

I would be in.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

More than willing to help with anyone's request short of removing the PF & the PF Parts.

Yeah, because after 4 years, you know that thing is a total BI--H to shop out! Who on earth thought attaching optos to wireforms with plastic pop-nuts or whatever the heck those things are called, was a good idea... I'd like to kill the moron that came up with those..

#19 10 years ago

Pinball Resource has parts etc for gottlieb. Can they be of any help/assistance in cab decals, pf decals etc?

1 week later
#20 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Pinball Resource has parts etc for gottlieb. Can they be of any help/assistance in cab decals, pf decals etc?

I did contact them, but they told me that they were not available and there were no plans to every produce any parts that were not left in stock (pretty much nothing game specific apart from some left overs).

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I'm a huge fan of Stargate SG-1 and have been considering making New Cabinet Art for my Stargate using the SG-1 theme, the only thing holding me back is my cabinet art is perfect & I would hate to destroy perfect cabinet art.....
Love my game & have had it for 12 years now, it will never leave my collection....

Is it safe to say that "undomesticated equines could not remove it" from your house?

Big SG1 fan here, too. Thought about doing the same thing if I ever find a beat SG. I'd love to see what a pin would look like with the Atlantis style artwork and architecture on it.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

I would love to redo the front of my SG cab. The sides aren't bad, but I'm open to any options to make my SG that much sweeter, it's a great pin.

Know of any good air brush artists to reproduce it for you?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Know of any good air brush artists to reproduce it for you?

I honestly hadn't considered that option, but I would gladly take someone up on the project for a reasonable proce. It's really just smeared GOTTLIEB lettering:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#24 10 years ago

You should really take those lock bar brackets off, sand blast and paint them a black that matches and put them back in. They don't look very good now.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You should really take those lock bar brackets off, sand blast and paint them a black that matches and put them back in. They don't look very good now.

A worthy suggestion. Funny thing with stuff like this though, 99% of the people who come through don't notice such details, so it's not necessarily the best bang for the buck. But if I ever do a front end face-lift on her, I'll address the lock bar brackets. My hope is to find a cherry Stargate someday, since the only way I'm getting rid of this Stargate is if I find another one in awesome shape (even then I might just move this one to the shore condo ). Such a tank of a machine, and so reliable. Responds well to the addition if a subwoofer too ;D

1 year later
#26 8 years ago

Anything ever done with the cabinet art or higher resolution playfield scan/new playfields? SG is my favorite game, and I won't sell mine soon. Love to redo it.

1 month later
#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

Maybe I'm in a bit of a minority here!

2 months later
#28 8 years ago

Winters coming and It's a question of starting this or Flash Gordon. They both need restoring, but I barely have room to do one, let alone two, so I'm going to have to choose.

1 month later
#29 8 years ago

Any luck with the decals? I am contemplating buying a pretty beat up one.

1 month later
#30 8 years ago
Quoted from nunnchucker:

Any luck with the decals? I am contemplating buying a pretty beat up one.

I too am vaguely interested in restoring a Stargate that I purchased recently. Did you end up buying yours and are you considering the same? Very interested in chatting about this and understanding best approach to doing a full restore, as it'll be my first attempt. PM me if you don't mind and we can discuss, Cheers

8 years later
#31 32 days ago

Any news about an available high-res scan of the playfield?
I see the bare wood in 3 parts, those 3 will suffice (not the entire playfield) ...

Thank you!

#32 32 days ago
Quoted from fornacigiorgi:

Any news about an available high-res scan of the playfield?
I see the bare wood in 3 parts, those 3 will suffice (not the entire playfield) ...
Thank you!

New playfields now available from Mirco. They look pretty nice.

#33 31 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

New playfields now available from Mirco. They look pretty nice.

Thank you PinballReno, it will be a dream...
I am in Italy and can't afford a 1.000+$ playfield + insurance + worldwide shipment + bureocracy & taxes when sending money to USA from my company + import taxes when the playfield gets to the Italian Customs office

#34 31 days ago

I am in Italy and can't afford a 1.000+$ playfield + insurance + worldwide shipment + bureocracy & taxes when sending money to USA from my company + import taxes when the playfield gets to the Italian Customs office

Mirco is not in the USA. They are within the EU in Germany.

#35 31 days ago

Yep, avoid al those costs and either drive over to get one, or order if from Germany.

Very close to you.

#36 28 days ago
Quoted from daley:

Mirco is not in the USA. They are within the EU in Germany.

WOW thank you!

#37 28 days ago

I'm working on radcals for stargate right now as well as plastic sets. I will list the playfield in my shop next week.

Regards,
Mirco

#38 28 days ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

I'm working on radcals for stargate right now as well as plastic sets. I will list the playfield in my shop next week.
Regards,
Mirco

Ill take a plastic set ASAP !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-stargate-cabinet-art-does-anyone-else-need-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.