(Topic ID: 342185)

For sale: Alien SV -Apron & BG Mods+beacons Price Raise!

By ezeltmann

8 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by ezeltmann
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240318_174936.jpg
20240318_174936 (resized).jpg
20220402_145050 (resized).jpg
20210222_093153_04 (resized).jpg
dino structure plans2 (resized).png
20191109_091036 (resized).jpg
IMG_8990 (resized).JPG
20230824_145414.jpg
20230824_145352.jpg
20230824_144619.jpg
20230824_144312.jpg
20230824_143945.jpg
20230824_143843.jpg
20230824_143818.jpg
20230824_143627.jpg
20230824_143602.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Alien SV -Apron & BG Mods+beacons Price Raise!

Added: 2023-08-24 19:25:09 UTC • Re-listed: 5 times (April 6th, 2024) • Ended: April 14th, 2024
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 7,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

Alien Standard edition.

New Controller fixed the boot up issues.

Tech fixed all other issues.

100% working!

Pickup & CA$H only

Set of replacement cables from PB - included (priceless! LOL)

Alien Apron Mod : 1k value

Custom recessed alien backglass (plastic actually) included. ($250 value)

Pinnovators custom headphone kit (200$ value) is included.

Made for use with my Woojer body shaker - add $200 if you want the WOOJER vest.

Pinnovators Headphone kit includes:

Exterior volume controls (game and headphone) and external subwoofer cable. plug for headphone. all on coin door.

Box of extra parts and screws - goodie bag items. Extra controller and cables included from PB (old controller had the boot up issues, but can still run a game)

Custom recessed alien backglass (plastic actually) included. ($250 value)

Be the first kid on your block with a room-shaking totally immersive body-shaking Alien experience.

Item photos

20230824_140651.jpg
20230824_140709.jpg
20230824_140739.jpg
20230824_142103.jpg
20230824_142156.jpg
20230824_142320.jpg
20230824_142601.jpg
20230824_143326.jpg
20230824_143331.jpg
20230824_143350.jpg
20230824_143421.jpg
20230824_143433.jpg
20230824_143602.jpg
20230824_143627.jpg
20230824_143818.jpg
20230824_143843.jpg
20230824_143945.jpg
20230824_144312.jpg
20230824_144619.jpg
20230824_145352.jpg
20230824_145414.jpg
20240318_174936.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ezeltmann's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

ezeltmann has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ezeltmann's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

East Stroudsburg, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

#2 8 months ago

sat morning bump

#3 8 months ago

angel bump
11:11

1 month later
#4 6 months ago

not even the price police want to patrol this for sale ad.

However if you want an apron mod ; this one is not being taken off to sell.

Make a ridiculous offer at least . what happened to pinside? lol

#5 6 months ago

Seems priced appropriately with the cost of the apron and beacons. Great game

#6 6 months ago

I've got to ask about the dinosaur...

#7 6 months ago
Quoted from notbodied:

I've got to ask about the dinosaur...

Somewhere there's a thread for this.

Ended up being a wall mount , but wanted a standalone frame too

20191109_091036 (resized).jpg20191109_091036 (resized).jpgIMG_8990 (resized).JPGIMG_8990 (resized).JPGdino structure plans2 (resized).pngdino structure plans2 (resized).png
#8 6 months ago

Oh... my... Well that ruined toppers for me!!

#9 6 months ago

dinosaur bump

#10 6 months ago

New code update bump!

#11 6 months ago

On the hunt for an Alien. Looks great. If anyone looking for a loaded SM with every upgrade could do a 3 way trade.

GLWS

2 months later
#12 3 months ago

it's back on the market and 1k off

#13 3 months ago

I bought the RV. But this is a great deal. GLWS!

#14 3 months ago

weekend bump

#15 3 months ago

UPDATE:

Reseated the flipper related cables and have not had any issue since.

Been playing the game for 3 days during the football games with only minor issues with targets and a drop target that wont stay up. Got to mode-related mini wizards and newt.

The biggest issue now id the 3+ boots to get it working properly.

Get it at this price before i email pb and fix everything!

REMINDER : this is a first run SV , so it could be software / firmware issues or something needing an upgrade to work with the latest updates . Running 3.2 right now.

edz

#16 3 months ago

The upgrade to firmware .71 changed the boot up behavior a bit and vastly improved the alien tongue "smoothness" in the initial test. That used to be a grinding noise.

I did notice the unsuccessful boots now feature switches on the right side not registering , along with the drop targets. Targets by the right SHIP 180 ramp and the ramp switch itself do not work in this situation. Turn it off and on again one or 2 times gets the game fully working.

PB is suggesting some USB cable checking and a fuse swap and ultimately a possible complete re-install of software to 4.0.

#17 3 months ago

Still working through some issues , which is why the price is reasonable IMO .

Still a fully working game with some target adjusting necessary if you can put up with the boot up abnormalities.

Hasn't been suggested that this is anything but a cable / fuse / or software issue in any communications with PB or on the pinside thread.

Likely that if i solve this on my own , the price will go up. Apron mod With beacons (1k) and recessed alien backglass mod (+250) AND prototype headphone kit ($200) with external sound controls , make it a good price.

Open to criticism if it is not.

I hate working on games

#18 3 months ago

UPDATE:

Game is now fully working (minus switch adjustments and tweaks) consistently with only one reset. Drop targets and other switches not registering with initial boot up.

PB has not gotten back to me as expediently on the next step.

Feel free to chime in here , so someone can get in on what i consider to be a deal and i can pay off some bills.

Thanks.

edz

3 weeks later
#19 66 days ago

Somebody buy this thing. plays fine after it boots up properly.

PB says its cable or fuse connection related.

Needs some normal switch adjustments and tweaking.

Headphone Kit and desirable Apron mod included.

How low can i go? . This is it

#20 65 days ago

Wow great price on a game that's absolutely loaded.
Bump!! If I didn't already have an alien, I'd buy this in a heartbeat.
Good Luck with the sale.

#21 65 days ago

Bump for the friday afternoon buyers.

#22 64 days ago

Crazy Eddie - his prices are INSANE

#23 63 days ago

Buyers get to see this gameroom BUMP!

20210222_093153_04 (resized).jpg20210222_093153_04 (resized).jpg
#24 61 days ago

Headphone Kit Bump - makes the game worth more!

Here , hear!

20220402_145050 (resized).jpg20220402_145050 (resized).jpg
#25 61 days ago

Good lord this is a screamin' deal on what is the best theme integration in all of pinball, by far!

GLWTS

Later,
EV

#27 60 days ago

OMG why is this still here tempting me!

I really do want this game but it would end up staying covered most of the time as the wife would not like the creepiness. Also I am out of room but damn this is a nice deal.

#28 60 days ago

Man, I guess I’m keeping mine. That’s way too big of a drop. I don’t understand the market for this game I guess. Wow

#29 60 days ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Good lord this is a screamin' deal on what is the best theme integration in all of pinball, by far!
GLWTS
Later,
EV

Crazy someone come to their senses and buy this crazy freakin deal!! If someone is on the fence jump off right now!!

#30 59 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man, I guess I’m keeping mine. That’s way too big of a drop. I don’t understand the market for this game I guess. Wow

Theme alone makes this a forever keeper for me, but add the fact that it's fun to play, and I'm not concerned at all what they sell for.

#31 59 days ago

I'm interested for sure, but this info warns me away and activates my "pinball better judgement":

"Somebody buy this thing. plays fine after it boots up properly.

Needs some normal switch adjustments and tweaking."

#32 59 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm interested for sure, but this info warns me away and activates my "pinball better judgement":

I think what he means is the main lcd screen will just be black upon boot up. This was a really common thing on the early SV models. A simple update of code and firmware took care of this issue for the most part. You’d basically shut the game off and turn it back on and the lcd screen would boot up.

#33 59 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Nothing against the OP or the game, but yeah, definitely sounds like it still needs some troubleshooting and tweaking to make the game play reliably. Props to the seller for being up front about the issues. I do agree that it's a great price on a fun game.

#34 59 days ago

The statements below, while kudos for being honest, makes me wonder. Does Pinball Brothers have great support or not? I'm thinking not and that these are not normal adjustments and tweaking needed. Sounds like deep troubleshooting without much support.

"Needs some normal switch adjustments and tweaking."

"Handy pinball people will be able to fix this game up with great Pinball Brothers support."

"PB has not gotten back to me as expediently on the next step."

"Game is now fully working (minus switch adjustments and tweaks) consistently with only one reset. Drop targets and other switches not registering with initial boot up."

#35 59 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The statements below, while kudos for being honest, makes me wonder. Does Pinball Brothers have great support or not? I'm thinking not and that these are not normal adjustments and tweaking needed. Sounds like deep troubleshooting without much support.
"Handy pinball people will be able to fix this game up with great Pinball Brothers support."
"Game is now fully working (minus switch adjustments and tweaks) consistently with only one reset. Drop targets and other switches not registering with initial boot up."

Yea, I feel like if they had great support all this would be fixed. No one wants a game that has ongoing issues.

#36 59 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Their support really is responsive. I've had a HUGE amount of tweaks I needed to do on my game (I didn't buy NIB and it was built earlier on in the PB run), and nothing electrical; just ball path, spinners, etc. Support was immediately responsive, sent me parts, etc. I broke a couple things when trying to dial in the game, and they sent me replacements straight away. Support is on par with early AP (which was incredible) and early CGC (Lloyd).

I put the time in, my game now plays amazing

#37 59 days ago

PBB really screwed over their customers when they released the Ripley Edition. It's hard enough to sell a standard Alien but now you have to compete with a NIB Alien standard that has more than what was originally released AND cheaper.

#38 59 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

PBB really screwed over their customers when they released the Ripley Edition. It's hard enough to sell a standard Alien but now you have to compete with a NIB Alien standard that has more than what was originally released AND cheaper.

Not sure how improvement is screwing over anyone. Pinball machines don't have absolute scarcity contrary to what this forum believes. These companies need to survive somehow. Good luck to OP with sale. Seems like a solid price.

#39 58 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Not really sure how pinball brothers screwed over their previous customers. The SV was 7777 msrp at launch and was long out of production before they released the Ripley edition. I’m pretty sure if stern lowered their prices from 9499 to 8899 most people would be ecstatic rather than feeling screwed over if they bought a game at the 9500 mark. As an LV owner I could care less about the Ripley ed as if I had the choice I’d still choose my current game. I think PB bros did the best they could with offering the updated code to sv and LV owners and they allowed current SV owners buy the topper, shaker that was only available for LV owners. I can’t blame a company for trying to stay in business and personally wish that all companies started lowering there prices on their games.

#40 58 days ago

Support is great but the technical design of the software/firmware and mechs not so much. Latest updates basically resolve boot issue and the mechs can be dialed in with enough effort. Not clear though if there are fundamental differences with early games preventing full fixes like on later builds?

#41 58 days ago

Thanks to all for the discussion.

Definitely understand the reluctant comments here . I am not a tweaker or fixer. Whatever it is with this particular game ; it didnt like going from 2.8 to more current code.

Older game that works after boot up anomalies. Worth 6.5 K or more with the 1k apron mod and a $200 headphone kit. Making switch adjustments on Alien targets and playing with some of the software adjustments is all that is needed beyond whatever stops the game from working the first time it is turned on.

Played it multiple times ; AKA all night after rebooting ; to check that something would not "stop working" in the middle of a game. That is not happening.

Price reflects condition IMO .

You can check the Alien thread to see if anyone was left hanging with no resolution. I hate working on games, but have fixed many things in the early stages with flipper replacements etc.

PB says they are going to send me a new Controller box and cables and i will hire someone to perform that replacement. That is great news at this stage of ownership.

If i get it fully working, then price will be adjusted. Perhaps this is what needs to be done since i am the original owner.

If that doesn't work , i will look into dialing back the software to 2.8 when none of these problems existed.

Full disclosure may be hurting this sale , but the history has been documented here on pinside as to how to approach all issues listed; for those who like to repair and solve issues.

<< "Seems a really ODD king of issue and all the guys gave me the same reply, USB cables or Fuses fake contacts.

I can send you cables and the Controller cb where the you see the fuses and we can start with it ok? "

Thanks !! >>

Andrea DM
PB Support

#46 46 days ago

For anybody following this saga -

PB still supporting this game and sending me new controller box and cables to fix this!

Update after 3/19 or whenever i get a tech over here.

1 week later
#47 39 days ago

I have received a new tested (by PB) controller along with a complete replacement connector kit.

Offering the package before i hire someone to replace everything.

For those that were worried that the controller was bad , this should alleviate that concern.

- Ed Z

#48 38 days ago

20240318_174936 (resized).jpg20240318_174936 (resized).jpg
#49 37 days ago

New controller and cable bump .. buy before i put more money into it!

#50 35 days ago

anybody with an offer?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-standard-with-b-g-amp-apron-mod-beacons- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.