(Topic ID: 338568)

Foo Fighters DMCS Overlord Mod - Beware! He lives!

By HighVoltage

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LordZaedor-Scout3 (resized).jpg
LordZaedor-Scout4 (resized).jpg
LordZador (resized).png
LordZador (resized).png
FF-DMCS-Mount (resized).jpg
Run2-Parts (resized).jpg
Run2-Kit (resized).jpg
FallColors (resized).jpg
FF-parts (resized).jpg
HR-RidgeHike2b (resized).jpg
HR-Telescope (resized).jpg
HR-M57-Nebula (resized).jpg
SavePost-Options (resized).png
UFO-mount (resized).jpg
FF-rail-gauge2 (resized).JPG
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 months ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I read the first post, it still wasn't clear.

If there's anything else I can clarify, let me know.

1 week later
#52 6 months ago

Thank you for DMing me. Yes I want all 3.(post save, saucer and board) Thanks again.

#53 6 months ago

QQ: the updates being done on the machine can / will affect the functionality of the post mod?

#54 6 months ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

QQ: the updates being done on the machine can / will affect the functionality of the post mod?

You mean the game software updates? No, it won't affect the mods, they'll keep working.

1 week later
#55 6 months ago

Last call if you want to get in on the current run of DMCS Save Post & UFO. Also, if you expressed interest but you didn't get instructions to secure your spot, PM me.

And for those that enjoyed the outdoors pics, here's a fall colors hike at Snoqualmie Pass from last weekend. That's probably it for the nice weather unfortunately.

FallColors (resized).jpgFallColors (resized).jpg

#56 6 months ago

Sign me up for all three please! Looks awesome.

1 week later
#57 6 months ago

I've got all the parts now and assembly for the second run has started. I will start to ship kits next week, and am sending out the tracking details as I do.

Run2-Parts (resized).jpgRun2-Parts (resized).jpg

Run2-Kit (resized).jpgRun2-Kit (resized).jpg

5 months later
#58 14 days ago

Hello there HighVoltage. I'm a new FF Pro owner and would like to be added to your list of the DMCS board and the save post kit if you could please. I sent also sent a DM with more info.

Thanks in advance!

#59 14 days ago

I do have a couple left from the last run, so if anyone wants one, PM me: will give you the same price as those that got in on that run.

But after those are gone, it will cost more, as I'll be making one-offs as a special order, unless I get 10 preorders again.

Someone also recently asked me if it works on the latest 1.02 code: yes, it does.

#60 13 days ago

Hey HighVoltage! I'm just getting a new Foo Pro and I'm beyond excited to see this mod exists! How complicated is it to install the DMCS board? Do you need any specific tool or knowledge? I have never done complex mods on my pins before. Are there any videos or instructions? Just want to make sure it's something I can do before buying. Thanks for your time, appreciate it!

#61 13 days ago
Quoted from CoolAFArcade:

Hey HighVoltage! I'm just getting a new Foo Pro and I'm beyond excited to see this mod exists! How complicated is it to install the DMCS board? Do you need any specific tool or knowledge? I have never done complex mods on my pins before. Are there any videos or instructions? Just want to make sure it's something I can do before buying. Thanks for your time, appreciate it!

Hey CoolAFArcade, congrats on your acquisition! Although the mod itself may seem complicated, the actuall installation is not. If you weren't aware, there's already a hole for the save post in the pro playfield, so no need to make one.

The steps you don't want to be cavalier with though, are drilling holes to mount the save post and DMCS board. There's a great spot for it in the center of the playfield, and it mounts like the other under playfield circuit boards. Just use a drill stop and be careful. It's all documented in the instructions along with pictures. I actually have some stick-on pedestals now too if you want to use those, although I haven't tested how well they hold up over time.

There's just a few wire connectors to plug into the DMCS board, and again it's all described along with relevant pictures, so doesn't really require any special skills and only basic tools.

FF-DMCS-Mount (resized).jpgFF-DMCS-Mount (resized).jpg

#62 12 days ago

Attention! All Points Bulletin to the Foo Fighters!

An outer rim communications station has intercepted an alarming transmission. The intelligence office has been analyzing it and it seems to foreshadow the arrival of a "Lord Zaedor." We suspect he is taking over leadership of the alien invasion. Interrogation officers are questioning captured aliens about him and have been able to identify a recurring response. The translation seems to be a warning, "Beware! He Lives!"

Below is a decoded image from the video transmission. Be on the lookout! His arrival appears imminent to your very battle field, should you choose to brave the warning and challenge him! We expect more information from intelligence soon.

LordZador (resized).pngLordZador (resized).png

I thought the Overlord is one of the coolest characters in recent pinball releases. I wanted to come up with something that would amplify his personality and charisma. I hope you will find that the DMCS Overlord does that!

#63 12 days ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

An outer rim communications station has intercepted an alarming transmission. The intelligence office has been analyzing it and it seems to foreshadow the arrival of a "Lord Zaedor." We suspect he is taking over leadership of the alien invasion. Interrogation officers are questioning captured aliens about him and have been able to identify a recurring response. The translation seems to be a warning, "Beware! He Lives!"
Below is a decoded image from the video transmission. Be on the lookout! His arrival appears imminent to your very battle field, should you choose to brave the warning and challenge him! We expect more information from intelligence soon.
[quoted image]
I thought the Overlord is one of the coolest characters in recent pinball releases. I wanted to come up with something that would amplify his personality and charisma. I hope you will find that the DMCS Overlord does that!

Awesome!!!

#64 12 days ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

A bit worried about the exposed brain head thing. The overlord has an alien face, with a skull mask.
In your version is the mask stopping at the glasses?

#65 12 days ago

HighVoltage i am interested in a set for a proare they available? Is there a video of the save post on a pro functioning.

#66 12 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

HighVoltage i am interested in a set for a proare they available? Is there a video of the save post on a pro functioning.

Seconded.

#67 11 days ago

Yes, there's some video of the save post at the top of this thread. Scroll down past the DMCS Overlord announcement.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-dmcs-save-post-and-spinning-ufo-mods

Will PM you guys payment instructions.

#68 11 days ago

We have received our first reports of Lord Zaedor sightings on the battlefield! An advanced scout patrol has taken the below pictures. It appears he was piloting an early model mech bot. As of yet, no Foo Fighters have engaged him. The warning, "Beware! He Lives!" is being considered carefully! But we will soon require volunteers, and we hope you will have the courage.

Stay Tuned! We hope to have some video surveillance soon to ascertain his abilities!

LordZaedor-Scout3 (resized).jpgLordZaedor-Scout3 (resized).jpg
LordZaedor-Scout4 (resized).jpgLordZaedor-Scout4 (resized).jpg

#69 11 days ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Yes, there's some video of the save post at the top of this thread. Scroll down past the DMCS Overlord announcement.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-dmcs-save-post-and-spinning-ufo-mods
Will PM you guys payment instructions.

Thanks for the reply! I guess I am wondering if anyone out there has more extensive footage of the post mod in actual gameplay? The mod looks fantastic but a little footage of all the different settings would be fantastic.

Not trying to sound like an ass in anyway (because I am in awe of the work put into this!) … but in the linked video at the too of this thread, the post pops up one time when fed to the outlane by hand.

Im just after a bit more info in order to make an educated decision on the potential purchase.

Basically looking for some user feedback.

Thanks

#70 11 days ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks for the reply! I guess I am wondering if anyone out there has more extensive footage of the post mod in actual gameplay? The mod looks fantastic but a little footage of all the different settings would be fantastic.
Not trying to sound like an ass in anyway (because I am in awe of the work put into this!) … but in the linked video at the too of this thread, the post pops up one time when fed to the outlane by hand.
Im just after a bit more info in order to make an educated decision on the potential purchase.
Basically looking for some user feedback.
Thanks

I went back to look, I actually forgot I did that. It also shows the clunky plain LED strip on the rail, rather than the time guage with diffuser I added later. I did intend to go back and do some other videos, but then I got busy fulfilling orders. I think most people understand it is the same physically / mechanically as the premium, so you can expect the same as a premium.

There are some other videos in the thread. This one I demonstrated the Super-Kick mode.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-dmcs-save-post-and-spinning-ufo-mods#post-7756802

Here's some video of the "save diverter" I evolved out of it. Just like the premium, you're not going to get 100% successes with an acute hit to a plastic post. But some want that, and the diverter version gives you a much more consistent save.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-dmcs-save-post-and-spinning-ufo-mods#post-7758420

Maybe when I do some play videos for Lord Zaedor, I'll get some saves during play too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-dmcs-save-post-and-spinning-ufo-mods/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.