IMG_0167 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0167 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0306 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0305 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0303 (resized).jpeg
Fish Finder Example (resized).jpg
Fish Finder Fish Tales (resized).jpg
66642_1 (resized).jpg
There are 5,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 113.
#5601 20 days ago
Quoted from MagnumChris:

I have a couple different sound packages on it other than country techno stuff I found on Spotify. These include the original files, an updated version of the original sound, a package featuring Metallica and other fast metal music, and even one with TNA's techno tunes. It's great to be able to switch things up and customize the audio experience. If you're interested in customization and willing to invest time in learning how the Pinsound card works, I highly recommend it. The stock sound also works just fine for those who prefer not to customize. Additionally, if anyone has or plans to get a shaker, I can share the upgraded original sound package that includes settings for the shaker motor with anyone interested.

Any chance you have a video ? Sounds awesome

#5602 20 days ago
Quoted from MagnumChris:

PtownPin

I have one installed on mine. There is a good release of the sounds in a higher quality. I have mine with different songs that play(went with a country techno lol). Also, I installed the shaker motor and went through all the audio triggers and created a fun shaker program for it. It feels weird now when I jump on one that doesn't have a shaker lol.
Here's a video of the gameplay: https://photos.app.goo.gl/uGJEd4FyuB4MjsiL7

Love the "enthusiasm" at the end.

#5603 20 days ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Love the "enthusiasm" at the end.

Good ol Fish Tales

Quoted from PtownPin:

Any chance you have a video ? Sounds awesome

I can make you one, not a problem.

#5604 20 days ago
Quoted from MagnumChris:

Good ol Fish Tales

I can make you one, not a problem.

Awesome thank you....I've used the Pin Sound board on several Williams games and in my opinion its a game changer. Did you upgrade the speakers as well?

#5605 19 days ago

Yes, and I have it hooked to a 10inch powered sub, so with the fun music with a lot of bass, it's a lot of fun.

#5606 19 days ago

Anyone sitting on a used playfield they aren’t doing anything with? I am looking for one to restore for my game. I would restore the one I have, but all the small stringer fish are completely missing and I haven’t found sources scans/artwork for those.

I know new playfields are out there, but I tend to gravitate towards restoring originals.

#5607 19 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Anyone sitting on a used playfield they aren’t doing anything with? I am looking for one to restore for my game. I would restore the one I have, but all the small stringer fish are completely missing and I haven’t found sources scans/artwork for those.
I know new playfields are out there, but I tend to gravitate towards restoring originals.

I don't have a playfield, but this site has an overlay that would fix the stringer fish:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/fish-tales/7436/overlays-for-fish-tales

#5608 19 days ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I don't have a playfield, but this site has an overlay that would fix the stringer fish:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/fish-tales/7436/overlays-for-fish-tales

Didn’t know those existed… I can make that work…. Thanks!

#5609 18 days ago

pinball.center doesn't ship to the USA directly.

plus this:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/fish-tales/10919/cast-again-overlay-for-fish-tales?c=2826

What is the consensus on overlaying the whole bottom third?

#5610 18 days ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

pinball.center doesn't ship to the USA directly.
plus this:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/fish-tales/10919/cast-again-overlay-for-fish-tales?c=2826
What is the consensus on overlaying the whole bottom third?

Prep and application is everything, I shopped out a funhouse that had one of these (no idea where it came from) but it was bubbling in many places and the only option was to surgically cut some of it away leaving a sticky residue that was a nightmare to take off. It’s a cosmetic band aid but I get replacing an entire playfield is expensive and not within everyone’s ability.

#5611 12 days ago

Hoping to ask the Club for some help with troubleshooting a new issue. Today, I noticed the left sling has begun to reset the game. Lifting the playfield, the linkage had broken so I ordered the replacement part and applied a short term fix with a zip tie. In the solenoid test, every other coil fires successfully. However, when the left sling goes off, the game continues to reset. Any tips on what I should check out next?

#5612 12 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I have always hated the tiny cheap ball launch button on the shooter reel and tried to find the prototype one for years without any luck. I finally got a Stern "Tournament Start" button and retrofitted it. Not as easy of a mod as I expected, and I had to cut away some of the inside of the reel to get it to fit, but it looks so much better now!
Also upgraded to more modern LEDs from the Cointaker kit I originally installed in 2010. Warmer whites for the GI and brighter ones for some of the inserts. I also got tired of random resets a while ago and bought an aftermarket power supply board which solved that problem. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for your advise on this mod mate.

I had to machine a couple of small sections out on the inside to make room for the switch.

I ended up using a slightly different button and printed the CAST! Font on some vinyl.

Really pleased with how it came out.

E338C2ED-5AB7-4530-BA4F-C2F5ABF9FFF0 (resized).jpegE338C2ED-5AB7-4530-BA4F-C2F5ABF9FFF0 (resized).jpegIMG_0750 (resized).jpegIMG_0750 (resized).jpegIMG_0755 (resized).jpegIMG_0755 (resized).jpeg
#5613 12 days ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

I had to machine a couple of small sections out on the inside to make room for the switch.
I ended up using a slightly different button and printed the CAST! Font on some vinyl.
Really pleased with how it came out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Three fish tales in that pic! What ya up to there buddy? Super clean looking machines!

#5614 12 days ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

Really pleased with how it came out.

Aren't those metal leg protectors supposed to have countersunk screws on them??
All the ones i've used have.

#5615 12 days ago

All the ones we sell do (have counter sunk) but I've seen them that way as well which just sets the leg a bit further away even still.

Quoted from Mancave:

#5616 11 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah that’s right, they are all counter sunk. However I’ve had issues in the past with some legs still digging into the cabinet slightly even with the leg protectors installed.

I noticed HEP add the washers in one of his videos and explaining that it pushes the legs away completely. Since doing that I’ve never had an issue.

#5617 11 days ago

Has anyone tried this HUGE playfield overlay/decal/sticker? It cobers the ENTIRE lower part of the playfield, right up go the apron. Then all the way up past the small stringer of fish! Its 3/4 of the entire playfield only for $129. Im just curious as to what people's experience with it is. Or if ayone has even tried it??

66642_1 (resized).jpg66642_1 (resized).jpg
#5618 11 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Three fish tales in that pic! What ya up to there buddy? Super clean looking machines!

Thanks mate. They are all restorations for people. If I’ve got 2 of the same game, I generally do them together as I find it easier to do.

Cabinets are basically done, just working on the playfields swaps now.

IMG_0683 (resized).jpegIMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
#5619 11 days ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

Thanks mate. They are all restorations for people. If I’ve got 2 of the same game, I generally do them together as I find it easier to do.
Cabinets are basically done, just working on the playfields swaps now.[quoted image]

They look awesome, well done!!!

#5620 11 days ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

Cabinets are basically done, just working on the playfields swaps now.[quoted image]

Wish you were on this side of the pond. I’ve been wanting to get mine restored and I don’t have the time or the skill to do cabinets. My FT is a beater, but I’d like to get it looking nice some day since it was my first.

#5621 11 days ago

I've been making TV video mods for about 10 years now, but I never felt like a TV was appropriate for FT. However, I started a couple of game specific video mods for a few other games, and I thought a fish finder with video playing of radar and sonor would be pretty cool for FT (and even Jaws). This is in the design stages at this point, but it shouldn't take too long for this to be ready. The Fish Finder will roughly be the same size as my TV's (about 2 1/2" wide x 2" high).

In the reference pics below, I will have silver knobs where it says "Hummingbird" instead of along the bottom, and it will have the appearance of a mounting bracket underneath and coming up to adjustment knobs on each side. The bracket and side knobs will just be for looks. It will actually have a mounting lot on the back like my TV's.

You can DM me if interested, so I can plan accordingly. No payment needed until they are ready. They'll be the same price as my TVs ($159).

Fish Finder Example (resized).jpgFish Finder Example (resized).jpgFish Finder Fish Tales (resized).jpgFish Finder Fish Tales (resized).jpg
#5622 10 days ago

Dear All! I am looking for the modded G-5 game ROM but can't find a valid download link (I swear I looked it everywhere without success...) anywhere.

Can somebody help me with a link or the file itself?

Thanks in advance!

#5623 10 days ago
Quoted from geriguy:

Dear All! I am looking for the modded G-5 game ROM but can't find a valid download link (I swear I looked it everywhere without success...) anywhere.
Can somebody help me with a link or the file itself?
Thanks in advance!

What was changed on that code version?

#5624 10 days ago
Quoted from harig:

What was changed on that code version?

- Anti ghosting patch - helps solving the ghosting issues when all of the inserts have led in them.

- eXtra ballE glitch was fixed.

#5625 10 days ago

IPDB has the version L5
You can easily patch it yourself with some tools to be found online or easier if you visit https://xianek.eu/wpcrom/ - he has some comfortable tool for patching on his page

#5626 10 days ago
Quoted from harig:

IPDB has the version L5
You can easily patch it yourself with some tools to be found only or easier if you visit https://xianek.eu/wpcrom/ - he has some comfortable tool for patching on his page

Yes, thanks. It's the planB (to patch the L-5) if I can't find the G-5.

#5627 8 days ago
Quoted from geriguy:

Yes, thanks. It's the planB (to patch the L-5) if I can't find the G-5.

I've never actually found G-5 anywhere, from what I believe G-5 and D-6 are identical. I used D-6 and the colordmd chroma.rom file is compatible with it. It used to be available on ipdb but they've since taken it down (my guess is it's because it isn't official). It is no longer listed , but the link still works..

https://www.ipdb.org/files/861/ft_d6.zip

#5628 8 days ago
Quoted from Roamin:

I've never actually found G-5 anywhere, from what I believe G-5 and D-6 are identical. I used D-6 and the colordmd chroma.rom file is compatible with it. It used to be available on ipdb but they've since taken it down (my guess is it's because it isn't official). It is no longer listed , but the link still works..
https://www.ipdb.org/files/861/ft_d6.zip

Thanks a lot! With speaking a lot of different people regarding this G-5 rom version, I made the same conclusion. D-6 and G-5 should be the same.

It seems that somebody repaired the Xtra BallE glitch a long time ago and made a D-5 rom from L-5. (I don't understand the name - why D, but anyway, it was D-5). After that, around 2009 the anti-ghosting patch was created so somebody ported the D-5 and made the D-6. Around the same time someone else also made the work from D-5 but named the ROM to G-5. The anti-ghosting patcher can name the files to anything. So it is basically just a character (or two characters).

#5629 8 days ago

Hi Everyone, I was looking to share a project I’ve been working on recently.

I have remade the fish assembly from the topper of Fish Tales, moulded from an original and hand cast and painted by myself here in Australia. (Cost is $325 AUD).

As far as I know these are the first reproductions available and are essential for any owners missing or with broken fish. They all ship with new eye inserts and tail strike plates.

I have a few more ready if anyone is interested. You can PM me directly or order on www.steeltigerpinball.com.au (please message if there are issues regarding shipping to your country)

IMG_0167 (resized).jpegIMG_0167 (resized).jpegIMG_0303 (resized).jpegIMG_0303 (resized).jpegIMG_0305 (resized).jpegIMG_0305 (resized).jpegIMG_0306 (resized).jpegIMG_0306 (resized).jpeg
#5630 8 days ago
Quoted from STLTGRPinball:

hand cast and painted by myself

Cast from what?? Are these flexible like the originals or a solid cast out of something like 2 part resin?

#5631 8 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Cast from what?? Are these flexible like the originals or a solid cast out of something like 2 part resin?

Cast in a silicon rubber so they are still flexible like the originals. Able to flap the exact same.

#5632 7 days ago

Cast in a silicon rubber so they are still flexible like the originals. Able to flap the exact same.

Nice work.....

#5633 7 days ago
Quoted from MagnumChris:

I have a couple different sound packages on it other than country techno stuff I found on Spotify. These include the original files, an updated version of the original sound, a package featuring Metallica and other fast metal music, and even one with TNA's techno tunes. It's great to be able to switch things up and customize the audio experience. If you're interested in customization and willing to invest time in learning how the Pinsound card works, I highly recommend it. The stock sound also works just fine for those who prefer not to customize. Additionally, if anyone has or plans to get a shaker, I can share the upgraded original sound package that includes settings for the shaker motor with anyone interested.

That clip made my day MagnumChris , thanks for sharing!

#5634 7 days ago

That’s awesome. Well done. I’m guessing quite a few people are missing their topper or have a stand-in. Nice option.

#5635 6 days ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

The last fish topper looks different..

#5636 5 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

The last fish topper looks different..

No it’s not. I think it’s the angle of the photo.

The only difference between them are they all have different finish to way the paint paint was applied, plus the 4 mounting holes on the wooden back boards are not same, which being made from rubber changes the shape of them slightly when mounted.

IMG_0167 (resized).jpegIMG_0167 (resized).jpegIMG_0278 (resized).jpegIMG_0278 (resized).jpegIMG_0343 (resized).jpegIMG_0343 (resized).jpegIMG_0346 (resized).jpegIMG_0346 (resized).jpeg

#5637 2 days ago

I still have some tweaking to do on a few things, but this Fish Finder video mod should be ready and in my Pinside Shop and Mezelmods in June. I don't have a Jaws, so I don't have pics/video of it installed in that, but it would work for that game, as well. $159 for Jaws, $173 for Fish Tales (because of the power tap).

Send me a DM if interested, so I can plan accordingly.

Fish Finder 1 (resized).jpgFish Finder 1 (resized).jpgFish Finder Long View (resized).jpgFish Finder Long View (resized).jpgFish Finder Medium View (resized).jpgFish Finder Medium View (resized).jpgFish Finder Radar (resized).jpgFish Finder Radar (resized).jpg
#5638 2 days ago

Does anybody have one of these covers for the reel wireform switch? It's the one with the lure decal. Please pm me if you have one you can part with thanks! Screenshot_20240512_122519_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240512_122519_Chrome (resized).jpg

#5639 2 days ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I still have some tweaking to do on a few things, but this Fish Finder video mod should be ready and in my Pinside Shop and Mezelmods in June. I don't have a Jaws, so I don't have pics/video of it installed in that, but it would work for that game, as well. $159 for Jaws, $173 for Fish Tales (because of the power tap).
Send me a DM if interested, so I can plan accordingly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done. Hopefully u can square it up when mounted

#5640 43 hours ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well done. Hopefully u can square it up when mounted

It's on a "floating" bracket that can be bent at any angle. I guess I didn't think squaring it up was important

#5641 43 hours ago

As far as I know these are the first reproductions

These look really nice. However, planetary did have a run some time ago. I had picked up a fish for $60 or so if I recall and made an instructional on building your own topper, but they then went out of stock. I’d suspect people will be glad to have an option

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 325.00
Cabinet Parts
Steel Tiger Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 169.00
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-casters-club/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.