IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3663.jpeg
IMG_2890.jpeg
IMG_2892.jpeg
IMG_2887.jpeg
IMG_2879.jpeg
20240420_085948 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 360 of 364.
#17951 37 days ago

EspoPinball
Swoods5688

He was/is on the standard color list.

#17952 37 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

@espopinball
Swoods5688
He was/is on the standard color list.

Thanks I just contacted him for purchase

#17953 37 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So I have reached out to Stern about this and haven't heard anything yet, wondering if anyone would know or could help on this, but this is a recurring problem on my Elvira.
Couple months back playing I noticed a bunch of lights on the playfield were flickering instead of being solid or blinking correctly, they would be flickering and sometimes flickering multiple colors, then suddenly said lights would go off. This is a section of the playfield around the house that does this. Lifting the playfield and giggling and reseating connectors looking for loose ones, not finding anything, but put the game back on and the lights are working. So then perhaps a few months later, same thing, again playing with connections, fixes it, but during play few weeks later... yep flickering and lights out. I circled the affected area where the playfield lights are doing this, imagine there is some reason for this, potentially a bad or loose connection but wouldn't know what exactly controls these select lights.
There is power and lights working in these areas, even when the lights go out during a haunt and nothing is lit, during certain light shows, the lights will light up briefly and immediatly go back to none working. For example when you shoot the house to start a haunt, the whole playfield cascades and lights up, the funky non working lights all light up like normal during this, but as soon as mode starts, they are either flickering randomly, or simply not lighting up.
Sometimes just playing the game for a while, the lights begin to work like normal as if they fix themselves. No idea whats going on but it's getting more and more frequent.
[quoted image]

Ours started doing this as well. For now, adjusting the wiring underneath the playfield (bending loop to differing position) has resolved the issue, my 1st thought was a weak spot or break in the wiring since manipulating it seemed to fix the contact, but looks like this may be a deeper issue based on responses to your post.

#17954 36 days ago

Hi all
Does anyone else have playfield damage on their Elvira ?
This was purchased May last year and has around 650 lifetime plays.

IMG_6179 (resized).jpegIMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
#17955 36 days ago
Quoted from ozuba:

Ours started doing this as well. For now, adjusting the wiring underneath the playfield (bending loop to differing position) has resolved the issue, my 1st thought was a weak spot or break in the wiring since manipulating it seemed to fix the contact, but looks like this may be a deeper issue based on responses to your post.

Stern had me reseat the serial cable connecting node 9A and 9B nodes. They were seated fine but undid them and put em back on and it's been fixed since, but wondering if it will last. Playing with cables before also temp fixed it. If it happens again I'll need to go deeper

#17956 36 days ago
Quoted from Happypin:

Hi all
[quoted image]

That sucks! Sorry.

#17957 36 days ago
Quoted from Happypin:

Hi all
[quoted image]

Haven't seen any on mine. Maybe try and find the piece if pf art missing, clear and mylar to protect/re attach it. Contact your distro.

Have you changed your pinballs lately? If not, check to see if they are marked or have any rough edges on them.

#17958 36 days ago

Anyone else with BRK have issues dialing in the backdoor skill shot.

I am not sure how the proper operation should be... but the coin drop I have in local machines over the years, I'd miss that skill maybe 1/5 times. I can barely hit it now (1/10 maybe).

Is it, by design, meant to slowly drop without any sort of guide? So unless you plunge with the right speed to have the ball nearly stop at the apex of that orbit, it will not make it in.

#17959 36 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Anyone else with BRK have issues dialing in the backdoor skill shot.
I am not sure how the proper operation should be... but the coin drop I have in local machines over the years, I'd miss that skill maybe 1/5 times. I can barely hit it now (1/10 maybe).
Is it, by design, meant to slowly drop without any sort of guide? So unless you plunge with the right speed to have the ball nearly stop at the apex of that orbit, it will not make it in.

I've owned a prem, le, and now brk. Brk is by far the hardest of the 3 to hit that shot. Today I'll start lifting left rear leg 1/4 turn at a time to try and find the proper angle.

#17960 36 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've owned a prem, le, and now brk. Brk is by far the hardest of the 3 to hit that shot. Today I'll start lifting left rear leg 1/4 turn at a time to try and find the proper angle.

I've been trusting the calibration of my dual axis digital bubble level - I would figure 6.5 degree pitch and 0 degree roll was the right setup, maybe it is off, maybe it should be -.25 degree.

I'll do the same. Glad I'm not the only one - when I hit it, the reward center in my brain lights up but it feels more like a luck shot than a skill shot at the moment.

#17961 36 days ago
Quoted from Happypin:

Hi all
[quoted image]

I had that happen on an old premium of mine. Hit stern up and they gave me a new playfield. I would recommend you try the same that shouldn’t happen

#17962 35 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Haven't seen any on mine. Maybe try and find the piece if pf art missing, clear and mylar to protect/re attach it. Contact your distro.
Have you changed your pinballs lately? If not, check to see if they are marked or have any rough edges on them.

Wax regular, the balls was replaced when new, and a little while ago. This has happened from the eject scoop on the right.
Stern has been notified, plus I’ve made contact with my distributor, hopefully this gets sorted.

#17963 35 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I've been trusting the calibration of my dual axis digital bubble level - I would figure 6.5 degree pitch and 0 degree roll was the right setup, maybe it is off, maybe it should be -.25 degree.
I'll do the same. Glad I'm not the only one - when I hit it, the reward center in my brain lights up but it feels more like a luck shot than a skill shot at the moment.

It's amazing how a few tenths of a degree can really affect how the game plays. I usually go 6.7 or 6.8 for my games.

Rob

#17964 32 days ago

I have a stock Elvira and I feel the lighting is a bit dark. I was thinking of swapping out all the GI leds to Comet 2smd warm whites. The stock stern leds seem to dim to me. Has anyone else swapped in brighter GI bulbs and have some advice to share? I’d also like to see a good way to add a spot light onto the face of the deadhead crypt. It’s very dark in that area. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

#17965 32 days ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

I have a stock Elvira and I feel the lighting is a bit dark. I was thinking of swapping out all the GI leds to Comet 2smd warm whites. The stock stern leds seem to dim to me. Has anyone else swapped in brighter GI bulbs and have some advice to share? I’d also like to see a good way to add a spot light onto the face of the deadhead crypt. It’s very dark in that area. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

Great question; been debating the warm whites myself given the red and orange colors.

#17966 32 days ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Quoted from Harvester:

Great question; been debating the warm whites myself given the red and orange colors.

Feel free to disagree with me, but get some Pinstadium Neo Atoms, and be done with it. They look amazing and sync with the GI perfectly. They go dark and dim when they're supposed to and illuminate the playfield well. Just set the color on white, brightness on 100% and you're good to go. Screw all the color settings, just put em on white/clear. It's worth it. Let the hate posts begin.....

#17967 32 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Feel free to disagree with me, but get some Pinstadium Neo Atoms, and be done with it. They look amazing and sync with the GI perfectly. They go dark and dim when they're supposed to and illuminate the playfield well. Just set the color on white, brightness on 100% and you're good to go. Screw all the color settings, just put em on white/clear. It's worth it. Let the hate posts begin.....

No hate, I have an old original pair of pinstadiums given to me I put on and really can't imagine elvira without them.

#17968 32 days ago

. It's worth it. Let the hate posts begin....

No hate here! I have a set of Neo Atoms waiting to be installed on my BRK Looking forward to it!

#17969 32 days ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

I posted what I did on my post #14795. I have a dark arcade and the spotlights make the playfield glow without spending much money.

#17970 31 days ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

The game often dims down the gi so not sure a different bulb will help.

We offer a low profile and inexpensive spotlight that you can use to light the crypt or other areas of the playfield.

https://lermods.com/products/low-profile-spotlights

#17971 31 days ago

The only thing here is a fear I will like Pinstadiums and want them for all my games. With a drug like that, the first set out to be free!

#17972 31 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The game often dims down the gi so not sure a different bulb will help.
We offer a low profile and inexpensive spotlight that you can use to light the crypt or other areas of the playfield.
https://lermods.com/products/low-profile-spotlights

I'll try some of these. Thank you!

#17973 31 days ago

What about warm white vs the original stern leds? Anyone swap these and have some before and after pics? I think the originals are cool white or sun light? Either way, I feel like a warm white might give a creepier vibe when playing.

#17974 31 days ago

Feel free to disagree with me, but get some Pinstadium Neo Atoms, and be done with it.

I am very much a believer in the Pinstadiums. I like to see the playfield as clearly as possible, both for game play and simply to see the artwork. I know there are people that are strongly opposed to them, but folks should simply do what suits them best. For me, I doubt I would have a machine without them.

#17975 31 days ago

I have an older set and even then only set them to around 20% brightness. Just enough to see the artwork more clearly but doesn't cut out the spooky factor of the game.

#17976 31 days ago

I agree, I also have them on my Elvira using only the white. The added bonus is they remove the need for invisiglass entirely.

#17977 31 days ago
Quoted from BurntBiscuit:

No hate here! I have a set of Neo Atoms waiting to be installed on my BRK Looking forward to it!

BRK is lit perfectly in stock form. I want it to look spooky with shadows, not like it’s in a Best Buy.

#17978 31 days ago

BRK issue, house is not registering start shots, randomly. Any suggestions?

#17979 31 days ago

Argh, just had Creepo going with Attic MB lit, and drained on ball 3. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had that stack going and blew it…I haven’t seen Attic MB yet or beat Creepo! Next time…

#17980 31 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Argh, just had Creepo going with Attic MB lit, and drained on ball 3. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had that stack going and blew it…I haven’t seen Attic MB yet or beat Creepo! Next time…

That’s the spirit! Love it

#17981 30 days ago

Just installed a titan rubber ring kit and moved the outlane posts down a notch. What a difference in gameplay. The ball doesn't go SDTM from the poppers and I actually have a chance to save one headed to the outlane. The translucent set looks great.

#17982 30 days ago

I love the lighting in my EHOH BRK. I can't imagine blowing it all out with bright lighting, I think it would ruin the overtones.

#17983 30 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BRK is lit perfectly in stock form. I want it to look spooky with shadows, not like it’s in a Best Buy.

I understand the sentiment. I am basically a "stock" person with the exceptions of sound and lighting. My 70 year old eyes need assistance! The adjustabilty of the Pinstatiums will allow me to tweak the lighting just enough, but maintain the overall mood of the game.

#17984 29 days ago

Finally!!! In the club! After years! Tried on JP, Rush, STh-EHoH cane through!!!

IMG_3572 (resized).jpegIMG_3572 (resized).jpegIMG_3575 (resized).jpegIMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
#17985 29 days ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Finally!!! In the club! After years! Tried on JP, Rush, STh-EHoH cane through!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

congrats ! I just joined the club yesterday with a Elvira BRK. Reading up on the rules, as I bought it without ever playing the game.

#17986 29 days ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

congrats ! I just joined the club yesterday with a Elvira BRK. Reading up on the rules, as I bought it without ever playing the game.

Prettiest game I've ever owned/ most worked on new game I've ever owned. Dead diverter motor now

#17987 27 days ago

I have pinstadium lights on all my games and they’re fantastic. If people would just set them to bring the colors out brighter up just a little they’re great. I’m fixing to buy me a brand new Elvira this month if the good lord is willing it’s a dream pin for me.

#17988 27 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I have pinstadium lights on all my games and they’re fantastic. If people would just set them to bring the colors out brighter up just a little they’re great. I’m fixing to buy me a brand new Elvira this month if the good lord is willing it’s a dream pin for me.

I’m anxiously waiting on my build, production started today for April run.

#17989 27 days ago

So... Four years ago, I installed the CLIP plastic protector set. At the time, I thought I liked them. It didn't take very long to decide I didn't. I FINALLY removed them. I also installed Titan translucent rings. Here's the before and after. Both pictures taken with all GI on and no overhead lighting.

Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpgPlayfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg

Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpgPlayfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg

#17990 27 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

So... Four years ago, I installed the CLIP plastic protector set. At the time, I thought I liked them. It didn't take very long to decide I didn't. I FINALLY removed them. I also installed Titan translucent rings. Here's the before and after. Both pictures taken with all GI on and no overhead lighting.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Much nicer looking. I use translucent rings on everything now, more light for sure. Thx for the tips on my games issue , new diverter motor incoming.

#17991 27 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Much nicer looking. I use translucent rings on everything now, more light for sure. Thx for the tips on my games issue , new diverter motor incoming.

Yeah. Those red plastics were horrible. You're quite welcome. I'm glad we were able to narrow down the issue!

#17992 26 days ago

Just opened up the outlanes on mine and tightened up the tilt to prep for Allentown. Its like a totally different game now. 10/10 would recommend trying if you want to try something different.

#17993 26 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Much, much better.

#17994 26 days ago

Translucent Titans for the win! It's all I use for rings now. They look great, allow for more light, and are easy to clean. The stock black Stern rubbers are garbage.

#17995 26 days ago

I did GITD Titans and really enjoy the look, as it matches well with the PF (and yes, PinStadiums, but only white light):

IMG_1854 (resized).jpegIMG_1854 (resized).jpegIMG_1855 (resized).jpegIMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
#17996 26 days ago

Translucent Titans for the win! It's all I use for rings now. They look great, allow for more light, and are easy to clean. The stock black Stern rubbers are garbage.

If you like translucent, I recommend Perfect Play. I’ve got both, and PP are crystal clear while Titans are kinda milky.

#17997 25 days ago

My Gargoyle snapped off again... darn.

That right crypt 'goil hits the glass so darn hard. Really hoped the epoxy would have fixed it forever.

#17998 25 days ago

The New Blood Red Kiss EHOH is my current favorite! I was very happy when I was able to get in on this beauty of a game after being obsessed with the original. Just wanted to advise new pinball enthusiast like myself who have the pleasure of acquiring such a machine and who have been fortunate enough to be part of this group not to forget to rate the game. I can’t express how much I love this game and this forum which has been more than helpful and exciting to officially be a part of!! Hope to post high scores soon and always up for hints or tricks! GameOn!!!

#17999 25 days ago
Quoted from PinFascination:

The New Blood Red Kiss EHOH is my current favorite! I was very happy when I was able to get in on this beauty of a game after being obsessed with the original. Just wanted to advise new pinball enthusiast like myself who have the pleasure of acquiring such a machine and who have been fortunate enough to be part of this group not to forget to rate the game. I can’t express how much I love this game and this forum which has been more than helpful and exciting to officially be a part of!! Hope to post high scores soon and always up for hints or tricks! GameOn!!!

Hopefully we get Elvira 4 before she croaks off..... or a SSr from CGC.

#18000 25 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

My Gargoyle snapped off again... darn.
That right crypt 'goil hits the glass so darn hard. Really hoped the epoxy would have fixed it forever.

I know per Dennis Nordman they are supposed to hit the glass

I personally don’t like that so I added tape around the gargoyles rod to restrict they travel

Works great

Going on 2 plus years

Every 50 or so games 1 stays up but then falls after a couple moments

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 360 of 364.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/360 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.