• Latest reply 16 hours ago by daly124
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What Reproduction parts would you be interested in for Your Elektra Machine?”

• A Complete Plastics Set for your Elektra By CPR 59 votes
    30%
  • A complete New Playfields SET Including Upper, Main PF, and Bottom Bonus Playfields by CPR. 60 votes
    30%
  • Reproduction Production Backglass By CPR 29 votes
    15%
  • Reproduction of The Original Prototype BackGlass That was Censored. 52 votes
    26%

(Multiple choice - 200 votes by 123 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Elektra (resized).jpg
20240401_212311 (resized).jpg
20240329_114038 (resized).jpg
20240329_113344 (resized).jpg
20240318_211852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231222_154929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_170117 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230909_154557 (resized).jpg
Elektra lower (resized).JPG
Elektra upper (resized).JPG
Electra Main (resized).JPG
Elektra score cards 2 (resized).jpg
Elektra score cards 1 (resized).jpg
DSCF8621 (resized).JPG
DSCF7359 (resized).JPG
received_3097864623853848 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,060 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.
#1 10 years ago

Another classic Bally that didnt get much love back in the day becouse of its lack of drop targets and pop bumpers but still a cool and original game.
But finally people are starting to warm up to it, it is a cool game pretty fast and earie and original just like how i like them. and Bally's first tri-level playfield.
One thing i dislike about the newer games made what happened to the originality? I understand the marketing aspect but just think how many other cool newer pins could exist if not having to have a movie or band theme to make a machine?

#2 10 years ago

Heres my Elektra had about 5 years now give or take.
Plastics are unobtainable, i did get some here and there constantly searching over the whole time Ive owned it.
The face and hands in the bottom bonus PF is the first playfield art restoration I did on a pinball machine. i wish i would have done the white areas between the hands as well at the time but i will do it down the road when i restore the complete machine.
I have cracked upper PF plastics but better than the spray painted plexiglass that were there when i bought the machine lol
This was also the machine i built and tested my rollover led illumination mod boards for originaly.elek1.jpgelek1.jpgelek2.jpgelek2.jpgelek3.jpgelek3.jpgelek4.jpgelek4.jpgelek5.jpgelek5.jpgelek6.jpgelek6.jpgelek7.jpgelek7.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Great timing! My wife and I just bought Elektra off Pinside and it's shipping today!

We've never played it but love the look and 3 levels so are excited for its arrival.

#4 10 years ago

"You have been exposed to Elektra's radiation, will you return?"

#5 10 years ago

Speak of the devil - I mean seller! burningman is waiting for the shipper to pick up my precious Elektra right now.

#6 10 years ago

gtown...after seeing pics of hellfires, you may want to LED it. Hellfire, that looks great!

#7 10 years ago

agreed, that is some gorgeous lighting, nice mix of colors, Hellfire.

#8 10 years ago

Great looking game Hellfire. I will have one in my collection...someday!!!

#9 10 years ago

I have attempted to compile a list of rules for Elektra. However, by the time I get to the 20th rule, I forget all the others and my head starts to hurt... It does have the most overly complicated rule-set up to that point in pinball history I have ever encountered.

I am now attempting to do this since there is an official love-fest thread...

I know things are missing but here is a start:

LOCKING BALLS
Making green 1-2-3 targets lites left rollover button lites. These lights ate the direction they flow every 5 seconds.

Ball rolling over lit buttons in direction of travelling lites, or by dropping 2X-3X-5X "in-line" drop targets behind the captive ball, unlocks the top 4-5-6 target arrows.

Making 4-5-6 targets lites the top saucer arrow to allow for locking a ball and also lites the top right rollover button intermittently to score special.

You can light the green arrow LOWER LOCK by completing ANY set of standup targets (including the easy to hit center red targets) 5 (need to confirm this?) times.

Making 5 blue target lights:
Lites left outlane for 10 Elektra units and bottom saucer green arrow for LOCK ball.
Note: You can "lane change" the needed blue targets with the left flipper at any time.

Capturing balls in both the upper and lower LOCKS starts mulit-ball play.

OTHER STUFF
Making the 3 red targets:
1st time opens right ball return gate.
2nd time lites ball return arrow to collect bonus.
3rd time lites 2 blue target lites.
4th time lites 2 additional blue target lites.
5th time lites outlane specials, left outlane for 10 Elektra units and bottom saucer arrow for LOCK ball.

Completing 3 middle level targets? don't understand what this rule explains?
Lighting spinners? not sure here
Captive ball drop target multipliers? not sure here

HOW TO OBTAIN ELEKTRA UNITS
There a many ways. Here are some:

Completeing any bank of standup targets awards 2? Elektra units.

Making 5 blue targets:
Lites left outlane for 10 Elektra units and bottom saucer arrow for lock ball.
Note: The blue target bank becomes more and more difficult to complete. The targets needed to complete the bank change with each completed set.
Note: You can "lane change" the needed blue targets with the left flipper at any time.

Making either 1-2-3 or 4-5-6 targets in sequence or making 1 to 6 targets in any order flashes 2X target for 10? seconds.
Target must be hit when flashing to collect the double bonus.

Locking both balls awards an extra ball. (rule setting)
Maximum – 1 extra ball per ball in play (rule setting)

Striking the red target at the end of the captive ball hallway awards ? Elektra units.

EXTENDED END OF BALL PLAY (LOWER PLAYFIELD)
Mini playfield becomes active after ball-in-play enters out-hole and a minimum of (rule setting;default=6) Elektra units are achieved.

LOWER PLAYFIELD RULES
Each ball you play in Elektra can potentially be extended to the lower playfield.

Each extended ball in the lower playfield "starts fresh" and no progress "carries over" from previous extended ball play.

Your main objective is to actually NOT just hit everything or JUST keep the ball alive.
The Elektra units translate to the number of seconds you have unlimited balls while playing the lower playfield. Once all Elektra units have expired, it is sudden death and either the next ball begins or, the game ends if it's the last ball in play.
What you want to focus on is to hit the 6 orange side targets but not necessarily complete them. The reason is because striking them once lights them but they all go out after you lite them all. Striking a LIT orange target on the lower playfield awards the most points (5,000). Just lighting a target scores much fewer points (need amount here).

Lighting 5 orange targets lites the left orbit arrow.
Completing all 6 side orange targets one time flashes the center green target for 2X and hitting that green target lites it solid and collects it.
Lighting 12 orange target lites the right orbit arrow.

The lower playfield does have a bonus which increases with each target bank completion and that is displayed in the center. I believe it has a max but I don't know the amount.

Tilt penalty – Ball in play.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

agreed, that is some gorgeous lighting, nice mix of colors, Hellfire.

Thanks Gtown the larger inserts i used the SMD supers but they are a bit harsh I will have to frost the inserts to give them a nice softer glow yet. i typicly frost all the clear inserts on my restorations and even people that typicly dont like leds like the softer glow it looks more like glowing ice but not opaque. i didnt airbrush under these yet becouse of laziness this machine has one mess of alot of stuff going on under the playfield lol. the most cluttered under playfiel out of all the older SS ballys ive worked on even worse than vector.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I have attempted to compile a list of rules for Elektra.

Thanks for this, that's a lot of rules for 1981.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I have attempted to compile a list of rules for Elektra. However, by the time I get to the 20th rule, I forget all the others and my head starts to hurt... It does have the most overly complicated rule-set up to that point in pinball history I have ever encountered.

Yeah youre right it is a hard game its almost impossible to acomplish all the rulesets in one game let alone get the multiball lol.

#13 10 years ago

Stu from CPR sells a nice set of score cards for Elektra machines as well.
elek cards.jpgelek cards.jpg

2 weeks later
#14 10 years ago

Finally, I've been exposed to Elektra's radiation!

My wife and I have admired Elektra for awhile but had never played it until we got our own setup recently. Awesome pin, love the 3 playfields, plexiglass, art, multi-ball and of course scrounging for Elektra units. Very cool.
elektra bbox.jpgelektra bbox.jpg

#15 10 years ago

I got one that is being shopped right now. Several boards are bad but Playfield is a 9. Hoping I can bring this back to life. Thanks for the rule set. I'm gonna need it

#16 10 years ago

Just looking at some pics on here of elektra pinball machines and I just noticed something (well 2 things) what is missing on my upper playfeild. Give u a Clue there is two of them.

I have had this machine for a year now slowly fixing it up.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#17 10 years ago

I really liked this game when I had it, very interesting rules, sounds and lighting.

#18 10 years ago

Actualy 3 things missing the middle top plastics section, the wire on the ball shooter ramp, and the mid right ball gate.
Also possibly one drop target in the chamber ball is either down or missing cant tell in pic along with part of the shooter lane plastic.

I would highly suggest getting rid of the acorn nuts and replace with rubber caps before you break anymore plastics.

#19 10 years ago

I have had the vector artwork done on the bottom playfield now for the past 3 years, however, the project was shut down due to the 3 Playfields issue (it's like making 2 Different Playfield Titles)....however, if we were to get enough interest in this project I may have some amunition to re-visit the idea of repro'ing this PF Set, keeping in mind that it woiuld be more expensive as it would be a 3 Playfield Set ( we lost our asses on the Black Knight Double PF Set & we are Not about to do that again )........
Stu

#20 10 years ago

Stu,
well dont know about 3 playfield set how would the the 2 smaller PF set be with cost in comparison?
I would want a full 3 piece PF set but seems like mostly people only need the upper and bonus playfields for the most part.
But this machine is a catch 22 The plexi was a good item but poor to test the interest on this machine.
Not to be a broken record but this machine is highly based on plastics. I understand the situation on this machine and parts. Same problem i have with doing a high end restoration on mine. it dont pay to pimp the rest of the machine out with busted up unabtainable plastics.
The plexiglass is a very nice addition but once again if the upper and bonus playfield are trashed or worn whos gonna change the plexiglass? I bought one but wont install it until i can get the other parts even if i can find good used plastics.

The main pf thanks to the plexiglass are usualy pretty nice and might not need reproductions even if i might prefer all 3 personaly the general public might not. but i can make the original main match the other 2 if that is all that was made.
Perhaps a upper PF & bonus combo with insert decals for the main might be more cost effective. and use less wood than a full single PF. granted there would be alot of machine time. sell is a restoration kit with the plastics set and plexi as a restoration platinum kit? try to keep items grouped together.
Or a plexiglass, upper, and bunus pf combo with insert decals for the main? the wood consumption would around roughly half a full pf in plywood usage might be able to get 2 sets per playfield plywood section?

I have hunch most people would pull the plexi see a real nice playfield under and not want to buy the main pf or take on the extra cost of a 3 PF set. but doing it is a partial set might drop the cost and make it less risky.
Oh well just providing some input anyway.

#21 10 years ago

Maybe make the 2 smaller playfields like this granted my pic is prolly not to scale and didnt use measurements but heres an idea of what i meant anyway.
keep the parts together all through screening with breakouts then would only have to screen on piece, perhaps even ship the set this way due to odd shapes or finish cutting after clearcoat. sorry for the crap draft only spent about 5-10 min on it lol.img001.jpgimg001.jpg

Perhaps depending on measurements maybe 2 sets could be made off one piece or playfield plywood with more efficient use of the space then you could machine 2 sets per standard playfield and print the same way without special set up and handling cutting down on labor etc to keep your cost down space permitting.

#22 10 years ago

I knew this topic would come up quick!....The only way to do this set is as a 3 PF Set. If we did it as a 2 PF Set (Upper & Basement) ALOT of people would buy them right away > a good thing? > Not in the least!....Most customers would return them Immediately as they would never Color Match their "existing" FADED Main PF. And we all know that "blue ink" fades badly & Everyone's PF would Color Fade Differently....We would be stuck with all the sets Forever & never sell any, AND we would be at a Financial Loss forever on this project. Again, the only way this PF set would ever happen is a 3 Piece Set....Hoping everyone understands "why".....

#23 10 years ago

Ok well that explains it i suppose. well i suppose for the record i would buy 1-2 sets then but only if plastics were available with them as well. it would be hard justify to rebuild 3 playfields and not have new plastics to go with them.

But then again if i had the plastics i could restore the PF mine are pretty decent it would matter on the timing if plastics came out a year or more before the playfields i would have mine restored already most likely.

But then again dont CPR provide a rescreening process as a service as well? Ive heard others refer to it havny comfirmed with CPR if its reality or not. but that might another option just do Elektra as a rescreening service maybe less of a risk financialy?

#24 10 years ago

The "re-screening" was ONLY for those that supplied a used playfield for the CNC Cad File creation, it was a way of saying Thank You as a compensation. We did away with this service years ago.....

Quoted from Hellfire:

But then again dont CPR provide a rescreening process as a service as well?

#25 10 years ago

Well I suppose only thing to do is drum up or confirm interest.
Well who would want as new Elektra playfield set?

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Actualy 3 things missing the middle top plastics section, the wire on the ball shooter ramp, and the mid right ball gate.
Also possibly one drop target in the chamber ball is either down or missing cant tell in pic along with part of the shooter lane plastic.
I would highly suggest getting rid of the acorn nuts and replace with rubber caps before you break anymore plastics.

Yep correct but the drop target is there. Makes sense having the gates. I loose the ball down the shooter lane sum times and having the gate on the mid ramp would improve the game play on the top level play field. What else is missing on my machine will have to investigate. Now just need to find some gate parts for a bally elektra!

#27 10 years ago

I noticed on a few guys upper playfields they are very bad. Mines ok. I would only by new plastics most of my clear under plastics are all Brocken or very yellow.

#28 10 years ago

How do u start a list on this forum to see how many guys out there would buy a playfields set or plastics.

#29 10 years ago

Ok i started a Pole above please Select all the items you would want to buy if reproduced.
Please select only one of the 2 Backglasses.
More than 1 Item can be checked but be sure to check all items you want/need for your machine when you VOTE.

#30 10 years ago

Pole needs another category, place this on the bottom; All of the above √

#31 10 years ago

Well in the Pole there is a choice of 2 different backglasses they will never make 2 different ones so only one of the last 2 choices can be selected.
individual interests i think is better to show interest in each item im thinking (Plastics) will prolly be the highest.

#32 10 years ago

Guys, you have been exposed to way too much radiation. It's a known fact that Elektra is safe when kept in an arcade. In home environment, you get way too much exposure. The only cure is to sell me your game, immediately.

#33 10 years ago

I can tell you this much, Unless someone steps up with a MINT NOS Original "prototype" Backglass for scanning/artwork it will never be an option.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I can tell you this much, Unless someone steps up with a MINT NOS Original "prototype" Backglass for scanning/artwork it will never be an option.

Why not an original backglass ?

#35 10 years ago

Yes, why not just Original, and I know color loss might be something, but it is curious since they have to be scanned and fixed anyway.

#36 10 years ago

Becouse there are only 2 glasses and i original artwork copy in existence for the prototype backglass but it would need to be found to get a scan of before they could be reproduced.
The original was just on ebay in the last year just need to find the seller and see who has it to see if it can be borrowed for a scan.

#37 10 years ago

it would pretty much "have to be" original, that's the point I was trying to make about the prototype.....

#38 10 years ago

So far we have 4 people who want to buy Plastics Sets, 2 people wanting to buy a Playfield Set & 2 people wanting to buy a Backglass.....it's not looking good at all (which is why we haven't already done them)......

#39 10 years ago

Here is the proto backglass once again anelektra proto 2.jpgelektra proto 2.jpg artist had to modify the backglass becouse of the nipples lolelektra prototype.jpgelektra prototype.jpg

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

So far we have 4 people who want to buy Plastics Sets, 2 people wanting to buy a Playfield Set & 2 people wanting to buy a Backglass.....it's not looking good at all (which is why we haven't already done them)......

well pole is only 12 hours old sofar lol see what comes up in a month Ill keep the thread alive.

How many sets need to sell to break even again 60?

#41 10 years ago

60-75 depending on how many colors there are......that's to "break-even" > not be profitable.....at the Break-even point is where we start to 'consider' the project.....Keep in mind that we have 65 other projects going that we "know" will be profitable....

#42 10 years ago

I would think 5+ colors

#43 10 years ago

I think I'll be joining the club shortly. I will be picking up an Elektra this week. What's a good price for a recently shopped machine? I'd be in for a playfield and plastics set. Possibly a backglass as well.

#44 10 years ago

well what are you getting it for?

#45 10 years ago

We settled on $725. That seemed like a fair price but I really don't have a strong sense with this title. Either way though, I'm extremely excited to be adding another classic Bally to my collection.

#46 10 years ago

Its a decent price got mine around that number as well.

1 week later
#47 10 years ago

Just seeing if any body has info on the colours for the elektra stencils. At some stage I have to replace my back as it is terribly weatherd and the base is starting to fall out. So I'm thinking I will repaint it one day. Don't have enough balls to do it just yet.image-408.jpgimage-408.jpgimage-61.jpgimage-61.jpgimage-871.jpgimage-871.jpg

#48 10 years ago

Twisted [pins can make cabinet stencils with some good pics for this machine. i have some ideas to make the paint job look nicer in this machine just havnt had the time to get into it yet.
DK blue metalic background with added stars paint the crystals to match the ones on the backbox instead of red etc.

#49 10 years ago

I would like to own one someday if I can find one on the left coast or buy it for the right price to have it shipped.

1 week later
#50 10 years ago

I am in need of plastics and I would highly consider new PlayFields for the right price.

Are photos disabled for this thread?

I have CoinTaker Premium Frosted White LEDs in all GI, and got a new Alltec MPU board and test board, and rebuilt all 6 flippers to the older style, and added new transparent blue flipper bats, with red transparent superband rubbers, and it plays AWESOME now.

I did have to remove one round rubber from in front of the upper right flipper due to the ball becoming stuck between the rubber posts and the flipper rubber at our last Expo. I really enjoy Elektra and plan to keep it for a long time.

I bought mine from a fellow Pinsider at $1000 with $400 shipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

There are 1,060 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elektra-owners-club-fans-also-welcome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.