(Topic ID: 354067)

Dutch Pinball Expands

By transprtr4u

31 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2587.gif
    IMG_7557.gif
    thunderbirds-pinball-homepin-71543-17608 (resized).jpg
    F104B8F6-C8DA-4C37-AE8F-E8FDE101F01D (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220902-204654_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_7621 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230616_212750_Instagram (resized).jpg
    caddyshack-judge.gif
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 31 days ago

[ Press Release ]

Dutch Pinball Welcomes New Brand: DPX (Dutch Pinball Exclusive)

Herkenbosch, The Netherlands – Building on its respected presence in the pinball industry, Dutch Pinball is pleased to announce the introduction of DPX, short for Dutch Pinball Exclusive. This new sister company marks an extension of Dutch Pinball’s existing portfolio, focusing on producing limited editions of high-quality pinball machines for collectors.

Barry Driessen, founder of Dutch Pinball, in collaboration with Melvin Williams, has initiated DPX to cater to a niche market. DPX represents a commitment to the craft of pinball machine creation, combining the renowned quality of Dutch Pinball with a focus on exclusivity.

Innovation and Craftsmanship

DPX will continue to utilize the proven mechanics and electronics that fans have come to expect from The Big Lebowski™ Pinball. However, DPX aims to further refine these technologies, producing no more than 500 units of each title globally to maintain exclusivity.

Melvin Williams leads DPX’s design and engineering, bringing a fresh perspective to the development of new pinball machines. With a background in enhancing Dutch Pinball’s technologies, Melvin’s role at DPX involves pushing the boundaries of design and functionality, ensuring that each machine offers a unique experience.

Strategic Expansion

To support the launch of DPX, Dutch Pinball has acquired additional space by securing a building across the street from its current operations. This expansion doubles the production capacity, facilitating the manufacture of both DP and DPX machines more efficiently and allowing for future growth.

As DPX prepares to unveil its first title, Dutch Pinball also continues to develop its own range of machines. Further information regarding new releases under the Dutch Pinball brand will be made available towards the end of 2024.

Looking Ahead

We appreciate the ongoing support from the pinball community and are excited about the opportunities that DPX brings. This new venture allows us to explore new possibilities in pinball design and production, enhancing the collector’s experience.

For additional updates, stay tuned. We are eager to share the next chapter in our journey with you.

Barry Driessen & Melvin Brouwer-Williams

Dutch Pinball Exclusive

#2 31 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

[ Press Release ]
    Herkenbosch, The Netherlands – Building on its respected presence in the pinball industry, Dutch Pinball is pleased to announce the introduction of DPX, short for Dutch Pinball Exclusive. This new sister company marks an extension of Dutch Pinball’s existing portfolio, focusing on producing limited editions of high-quality pinball machines for collectors.
    Barry Driessen, founder of Dutch Pinball, in collaboration with Melvin Williams, has initiated DPX to cater to a niche market. DPX represents a commitment to the craft of pinball machine creation, combining the renowned quality of Dutch Pinball with a focus on exclusivity.
    DPX will continue to utilize the proven mechanics and electronics that fans have come to expect from The Big Lebowski™ Pinball. However, DPX aims to further refine these technologies, producing no more than 500 units of each title globally to maintain exclusivity.
    Melvin Williams leads DPX’s design and engineering, bringing a fresh perspective to the development of new pinball machines. With a background in enhancing Dutch Pinball’s technologies, Melvin’s role at DPX involves pushing the boundaries of design and functionality, ensuring that each machine offers a unique experience.
    Strategic Expansion
    To support the launch of DPX, Dutch Pinball has acquired additional space by securing a building across the street from its current operations. This expansion doubles the production capacity, facilitating the manufacture of both DP and DPX machines more efficiently and allowing for future growth.
    As DPX prepares to unveil its first title, Dutch Pinball also continues to develop its own range of machines. Further information regarding new releases under the Dutch Pinball brand will be made available towards the end of 2024.
    Looking Ahead
    We appreciate the ongoing support from the pinball community and are excited about the opportunities that DPX brings. This new venture allows us to explore new possibilities in pinball design and production, enhancing the collector’s experience.
    For additional updates, stay tuned. We are eager to share the next chapter in our journey with you.
    Dutch Pinball Exclusive

Hope for the Best for the new Endeavor.

#3 31 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

[ Press Release ]
    Strategic Expansion
    Looking Ahead
    Dutch Pinball Exclusive

Sounds pretty cool!

#4 31 days ago

This is might confirm the AIW and BTTF rumors

Wish them success!

#5 31 days ago

More money!

#6 30 days ago

I doubt they only want to sell 500 Bttf

#7 30 days ago

Am I mistaken, or does all that say: "Dutch pinball is starting a separate division called DPX to make small runs of expensive pinball machines"?
    I think it's cool if they are, but it's very indirectly worded.

#8 30 days ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Am I mistaken, or does all that say: "Dutch pinball is starting a separate division called DPX to make small runs of expensive pinball machines"?

Sure sounds that way to me.
    "producing no more than 500 units of each title globally to maintain exclusivity."
    maintain exclusivity Fuck you

#9 30 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

producing no more than 500 units of each title globally to maintain exclusivity."

caddyshack-judge.gifcaddyshack-judge.gif
    #10 30 days ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Isn’t that what they already do?

#11 30 days ago

Why couldn't they do this under the Dutch Pinball name?

#12 30 days ago

Because, specious reasoning and “prestige”

Quoted from insight75:

#13 30 days ago

Meh. Just news. Now DPX can ship your next expensive whatever in 1/2 the time it took us to get you your TBL.

Too many money grabs now. Yawn.

#14 30 days ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Now they can double the overhead and increase their financial burden AND add a separate physical facility to complicate logistics.

Pessimism aside, this sounds like a really elaborate way to chip into the JJP market and copy of Stern’s “black label” line.

#15 30 days ago

You know when you can barley keep one company afloat the smart thing to do is to start another company doing the same exact thing XD

Best of luck, I hope atleast one of their projects hit the market

#16 30 days ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

[quoted image]

FN hilarious!!

#17 30 days ago

Sounds like a way to say ‘we plan on using exclusivity to justify a really high price’.

In this hobby; it might work.

#18 30 days ago

My TBL is an amazing game. Well designed with high build quality. The support for minor things has been second to none. No complaints at all. I also admire that they made everyone whole. Really great.

However - when you can’t get games into peoples hands for 12+ months I can’t help but scratch my head at why you want to run a second line and produce two titles at once. Maybe this announcement could have come after distributors were stocked with their next title?

If BTTF is the next main title they will potentially lose NIB sales due to how slowly they will come off the assembly line. Why split the line further?

#19 30 days ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

My TBL is an amazing game. Well designed with high build quality. The support for minor things has been second to none. No complaints at all. I also admire that they made everyone whole. Really great.
    However - when you can’t get games into peoples hands for 12+ months I can’t help but scratch my head at why you want to run a second line and produce two titles at once. Maybe this announcement could have come after distributors were stocked with their next title?
    If BTTF is the next main title they will potentially lose NIB sales due to how slowly they will come off the assembly line. Why split the line further?

can't agree with your first point. Build quality and reliability I've seen was shocking. We had one in our club and we got fed up fixing it so it went, just about everyone I've seen on location is hosed.

Second point I 100% agree, also concerned that after ripping people off JPop might be getting money out of it this!

#20 30 days ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Lets be honest here....they are fully aware that when BTTF does get revealed, they'll have work for as long as they have the license. No one is going to bail on that, once it finally exists.

I find it an odd choice to create the 'rare' version of DP, but whatever, it'll either work or not. I'm not in the market for anything just because its 'exclusive', but maybe enough people are.

This is basically the bridge until BTTF can be produced, timing wise.

#21 30 days ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Lets be honest here....they are fully aware that when BTTF does get revealed, they'll have work for as long as they have the license. No one is going to bail on that, once it finally exists.
    I find it an odd choice to create the 'rare' version of DP, but whatever, it'll either work or not. I'm not in the market for anything just because its 'exclusive', but maybe enough people are.
    This is basically the bridge until BTTF can be produced, timing wise.

assuming the game isn't a turd.

#22 30 days ago

My assumption (as a lawyer who deals with separate entities often) is this is a byproduct of investors and control. Maybe Barry wants complete control of the original Dutch but has different investors in DPX or vice versa. It’s a smart move IMO. Congrats to them. Can’t wait to see what’s coming!

#23 30 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

[ Press Release ]Building on its respected presence in the pinball industry, Dutch Pinball

At least they waited til those EA TBL's got out before placing the crown atop their heads.

#24 30 days ago

Just what we need, more overpriced pins that the general community will never get to own or play.

#25 30 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"producing no more than 500 units of each title globally to maintain exclusivity."

Where have we heard this before? Hmmm….

#26 30 days ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil, you and I both know that the theme alone, will make it outsell almost anything else that releases/released this year alone.

#27 30 days ago

Does seem like the TBL builds are not high quality, took several years just to play one as every time I tried to play one it was broken, there were two in bars in SF, went several times to play, both broken each time, waited in line at a show to play one and it broke before I could get a chance to play. Finally did play one and it was great, but I'm very suspect about build quality. Plus a good friend bought one and waited 8 years to receive it...8 years!! So I'll let someone else take that risk.
    B

#28 30 days ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Neil, you and I both know that the theme alone, will make it outsell almost anything else that releases/released this year alone.

Fair point but I’m not super sure about it being best seller but I agree that the theme will mean it sells more than it should even if it is a turd.

#29 28 days ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Screenshot_20230616_212750_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230616_212750_Instagram (resized).jpg
    #30 28 days ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Not Sterns

#31 28 days ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

You and I both know that the theme alone will make it outsell almost anything else released this year.

I don't know about that. Barry O's Barbeque Challenge was released this year and could set the bar pretty high.

#32 28 days ago

IMG_7621 (resized).jpegIMG_7621 (resized).jpeg

#33 28 days ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I don't know about that. Barry O's Barbeque Challenge was released this year and could set the bar pretty high.

That’s actually quite a fun game to play just needs the flippers to be dialled in for the ramp shots.

#34 28 days ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

That’s actually quite a fun game to play just needs the flippers to be dialled in for the ramp shots.

It’ll be the most fun pin no one ever buys.

Dumbass themes. Fix-a-flat is really pickin’ ‘em!

What’s next? Grocery challenge? Great pumpkin Charlie Brown? How’s about Build-a-pin, the pin? Now with Real Crayolas!

#35 28 days ago
    Quoted from underlord:

What’s next? Grocery challenge? Great pumpkin Charlie Brown? How’s about Build-a-pin, the pin? Now with Real Crayolas!

I could get behind a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

Screenshot_20220902-204654_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220902-204654_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #36 28 days ago
    Quoted from underlord:

April Fools. At two of those would be licensed

#37 28 days ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

I could get behind a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! [quoted image]

Yeah, I don't see a problem with this at all. Not sure why it would be grouped in with "dumbass themes".

#38 28 days ago

with you on this. Same line of thought here.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

F104B8F6-C8DA-4C37-AE8F-E8FDE101F01D (resized).jpegF104B8F6-C8DA-4C37-AE8F-E8FDE101F01D (resized).jpeg

#39 28 days ago

Cmon guys. When was the last time a game came out that was truly a turd? A game that had no merit at all? A game that provided no fun whatsoever? Pinball is inherently fun. I think alot of pinheads are just jaded.

#40 28 days ago

Cmon guys. When was the last time a game came out that was truly a turd? A game that had no merit at all? A game that provided no fun whatsoever? Pinball is inherently fun. I think alot of pinheads are just jaded.

Any pinball is good pinball.

#41 28 days ago

I REFUSE to get behind on a Charlie Brown pin! Unless Linus has inspiring quips, Snoopy Red Barons it up and Charlie Brown has ‘kick the football’ challenge.

Otherwise…. Nope.

#42 28 days ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I REFUSE to get behind on a Charlie Brown pin! Unless Linus has inspiring quips, Snoopy Red Barons it up and Charlie Brown has ‘kick the football’ challenge.
    Otherwise…. Nope.

Sounds like the makings of a great Peanuts pin!

#43 28 days ago

Pig Pen topper too.

#44 27 days ago

there are plenty.

#45 27 days ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

there are plenty.

You are most certainly jaded my friend. You've owned almost 90 games and probably played the majority of pins that have come out in the last 30 years. I mean my least favorite LCD era pins are GNR and Beatles...but I'd rather play them than no pinball at all.

#46 27 days ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Otherwise…. Nope.

Come November and December they should automatically have the thanksgiving and Christmas videos cut in.

#47 27 days ago

You are most certainly jaded my friend. You've owned almost 90 games and probably played the majority of pins that have come out in the last 30 years. I mean my least favorite LCD era pins are GNR and Beatles...but I'd rather play them than no pinball at all.

When we have a pinball shortage I’ll re-evaluate. I own 109 games. Space is limited, time even more so - play what you love!

#49 24 days ago

thunderbirds-pinball-homepin-71543-17608 (resized).jpgthunderbirds-pinball-homepin-71543-17608 (resized).jpg
    #50 24 days ago
    Quoted from billsgto:

[quoted image]

OK ok...but I still say Thunderturds is better than no pinball at all.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dutch-pinball-expands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.