• Latest reply 4 months ago by MTPinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240109_202757 (resized).jpg
#1 4 months ago

So I moved my cirqus voltaire into my basement and also decided to upgrade the mpu board to get the batteries off and not needed. They weren't corroded but not wanting to go forward with the chance that's happening. So after completing that, and the game turns on and runs but none of the solenoids work. Even trying the test in the menu for the solenoids leads to nothing with none of them working. So I figured it must have been a fuse blown or maybe I missed a wire and got my multimeter out and searched the backbox and cabinet to see if any wires missing, which none are, and I tested all the fuses I could find on all the boards of the backbox and all of them passed. So I figured maybe the board was bad so I put back in the original one with the same deal happening. Looking at other posts, seems like it could have been an issue of the asic being messed up on the cpu causing similar problems to another game with kind of the same issue to some degree, so I replaced it and nothing has changed either. Does anyone have any ideas? I mean is there a fuse I'm missing on the playfield like some of my other games have or would the cpu rom maybe have gotten damaged and caused this? I keep thinking it's got to be a fuse or a wire but I can't find anything disconnected or blown. This game is also like in pristine mint condition so it's not like a trash game where wires are cut or corroding either.

#2 4 months ago

Do you have voltage at the coils? If not, check your coin door interlock switch

#3 4 months ago

Yup there's high voltage going to all the solenoids when the coin door is closed. 75vdc according to my multimeter. So now I would guess there's a problem with a board.

#4 4 months ago

Check the short ribbon cable between the CPU and Driver board at both ends. It may not be seated correctly. These can fail causing weird problems.

#5 4 months ago

Well that sure was an easy fix. Thanks Pinball people-au!

20240109_202757 (resized).jpg20240109_202757 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-solenoids-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.