pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4645 (resized).jpeg
Centigrade 37 A relay 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 41 days ago

Hey guys.

I’m looking at a friend’s centigrade 37 and the alternating lights relay is missing. Would anyone have a line on where I could find one or get it made?

Also, The play field went completely dead no flippers either, it would eject the ball, but nothing else.
After I opened it up and cleaned it half of the playfield would make sounds when you hit the bumpers half wouldn’t .

I’m assuming there is some broken wires that I’m going to have search for but if anyone has any recommendations on where to start, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 41 days ago
Quoted from derekbro:

alternating lights relay is missing. Would anyone have a line on where I could find one or get it made?

Assuming you mean the Alternating (A) relay, you can buy the parts on ebay, and/or from pbresource.com

#3 41 days ago

The A/Alternating relay on Centigrade 37 has 6 make/break switches and a 17564 coil which is likely capable of holding the relay on for a while. Unless you can find someone parting out a C37 finding another will be a challenge. PBR may have all the loose parts as HowardR suggested. I can probably build one from used parts. PM me if you want to go that way.

/Mark

#5 40 days ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Assuming you mean the Alternating (A) relay, you can buy the parts on ebay, and/or from pbresource.com

Its probably the AS "match" unit in the head, it can have a contact on it doing the alternating function.

Show us a picture. I can build these for folks

#6 40 days ago

Sometimes a match stepper will have a blade switch on it , that when closed it will pull in the alternating relay. The match stepper doesn’t do the alternating functions alone.

#7 40 days ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

Sometimes a match stepper will have a blade switch on it , that when closed it will pull in the alternating relay. The match stepper doesn’t do the alternating functions alone.

That's the case on Centigrade 37. I don't think you can fit 6 switches on an AS relay.
Centigrade 37 A relay 2 (resized).jpgCentigrade 37 A relay 2 (resized).jpg

#8 39 days ago

Hey all, thanks for the reply’s.

Quoted from HowardR:

I believe this is what’s missing from the back box.

IMG_4645 (resized).jpegIMG_4645 (resized).jpeg
#10 39 days ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Hey all, thanks for the reply’s.

I believe this is what’s missing from the back box. [quoted image]

so can you build your own or do you want be to give you quote?

#11 39 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

so can you build your own or do you want be to give you quote?

feel free to dm me with a quote, or if you can point me in the right direction of sourcing parts I might be able to tackle it on my own. Thanks for the help

#12 38 days ago

ebay has them from time to time. pbresource has some parts.
ebay.com link: itm
http://www.pbresource.com/relay-GTB.html#gtb-as

#13 36 days ago
Quoted from HowardR:

ebay has them from time to time. pbresource has some parts.
ebay.com link: itm
http://www.pbresource.com/relay-GTB.html#gtb-as

Would this one from eBay work? It doesn’t have the two jones plugs.

#14 36 days ago

Here are pictures from the back box tonight. It definitely looks to be the part required is the one I posted above.

IMG_4649 (resized).jpegIMG_4649 (resized).jpegIMG_4651 (resized).jpegIMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
#15 36 days ago

Update as far as the game not working. The slam tilt switch was not adjusted properly lol

#16 36 days ago

Unless you can find one from another C37 it will be hard to establish whether or not a replacement will work. The number and type of switches must be the same as well as the wiring of the jones plugs. One can be built using the schematic as a guide as pinhead52 mentioned.

#17 36 days ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Unless you can find one from another C37 it will be hard to establish whether or not a replacement will work. The number and type of switches must be the same as well as the wiring of the jones plugs. One can be built using the schematic as a guide as pinhead52 mentioned.

My buddy has a C37, can borrow the widget and copy/build one or give Derek the details (wire out and pics) so he can build his own.

#18 31 days ago

This match unit has a Form C contact, PBR has these available

And here's my mapping should anybody else need to build one L for Lamp side, C for control side

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#19 23 days ago

Unit built, waiting on derekbro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centigrade-37-alternating-lights-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.