20231009_182416 (resized).jpg
20231009_182336 (resized).jpg
20230919_184247 (resized).jpg
IMG_9524 (resized).jpeg
image16367 (resized).jpg
20230813_123311 (resized).jpg
345694115_274152354957119_6832428364690629222_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4456 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 47.
#2301 75 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Thanks guys. I couldn't find a picture and that's probably why.

This bothered me so much that I installed a post in that location right after I got my Centaur!

#2302 73 days ago

So I see on the back glass "extra ball." But, I don't think I'll ever see that light up. How do you do it? Where in the settings does extra balls kick in?

#2303 73 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm reassembling my centaur. Can anyone confirm there's no post that needs to go under the one side of this gate from the shooter lane?
I couldn't find a good picture on here.
[quoted image]

The gate assembly top edge floats on top of the plastic piece.
The gate assembly is mounted with two 6-32 machine screws along with #6 external tooth lock washers.
One can see the external tooth lock washer imprint on the gate assembly.

#2304 73 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I see on the back glass "extra ball." But, I don't think I'll ever see that light up. How do you do it? Where in the settings does extra balls kick in?

Only if you set replays to payout extra balls.

#2305 73 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Only if you set replays to payout extra balls.

Yep, I guess I'm asking how to achieve this. Also is there not a way for special to be set for it?

1 month later
#2307 38 days ago

I know there are various previous posts in this thread discussing the attract mode GI flashing, how to bypass it, and the resulting disabling of the blackout during a ball launched from the "orb release tunnel". I'm trying to come up with something which will still have orb release black outs, but not the annoying attract flash. Basically, to have the attract GI flash slower / less frequent, and/or fade on and off. I'm hoping it's just a matter of putting some variable resistor (for the frequency) and capacitor (for the fade) somewhere in line with the triac circuit.

Dunno if it will be possible, but geez it would be a welcomed modification. I'll let y'all know what I find..

GIFLASHERSCHEM (resized).jpgGIFLASHERSCHEM (resized).jpg
#2308 38 days ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

I'm trying to come up with something which will still have orb release black outs, but not the annoying attract flash.

You can probably disable the attract mode G.I. flashing (so the G.I. is always on) in game over mode by using the Game Over lamp control wire with a diode to keep the flasher on. When the Game Over lamp is off it will have no effect on the G.I. flashing in game mode.

Try either of these solutions:

1) Jumper a wire from the bottom leg of resistor R14 on the lamp driver board to the non-banded side of a diode. Jumper another wire from the banded side of the diode to the top leg of resistor R33 on the lamp driver board. These resistors/locations are dependent on having a factory Bally lamp driver board. Probably better to use a low dropout diode like a 1N5819 but a 1N400x might do.

or

2) Jumper a wire from the game over lamp (Grey-White wire) to the banded side of a diode. Jumper another wire from the non-banded side of the diode to the White-Black wire at the flasher trigger lamp.

Which ever way you go try to make it easily reversible for the next owner.

#2309 32 days ago

I'm in the process of finishing up populating my centaur playfield. can I use LEDs in the top left captive ball lane lights or do those have to be incandescent? This game has been apart so long I can't remember.

#2310 32 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm in the process of finishing up populating my centaur playfield. can I use LEDs in the top left captive ball lane lights or do those have to be incandescent? This game has been apart so long I can't remember.

why couldn't you go led all around? I replaced the original sockets with bayonet sockets and I recall in that area I had to used a deeper socket as those bulbs sit lower on the playfield, but other than that I don't see why not...I'm using altek boards, but haven't powered them up yet...cabinet is taking me forever to paint...

#2311 32 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

why couldn't you go led all around? I replaced the original sockets with bayonet sockets and I recall in that area I had to used a deeper socket as those bulbs sit lower on the playfield, but other than that I don't see why not...I'm using altek boards, but haven't powered them up yet...cabinet is taking me forever to paint...

Aren't they controlled lights that won't work with led? I can't remember.

#2312 32 days ago

I don't know, maybe a quick search on this thread?...I know alltek boards handle them no problem....if you have the original boards, you may need the non ghosting leds...all controlled lamps are done via scr's on the original boards, not sure whats used on the alltek.

edit see post 595 from 7 yrs ago ...just search leds...various different issues with them...

#2313 30 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Aren't they controlled lights that won't work with led? I can't remember.

I've disabled the GI strobing during attract mode, however the chamber lamps will strobe during attract mode (on the loop that highlights the different "features"), as do the lamps under the slingshot plastics. When a game starts, they turn on steady, as do the lamps under the slingshot plastics. Anything happening during a game has no effect on those lamps, as they remain on for the duration of the game.

#2314 30 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

I've disabled the GI strobing during attract mode, however the chamber lamps will strobe during attract mode (on the loop that highlights the different "features"), as do the lamps under the slingshot plastics. When a game starts, they turn on steady, as do the lamps under the slingshot plastics. Anything happening during a game has no effect on those lamps, as they remain on for the duration of the game.

What did you do to accomplish this?

#2315 30 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

Here is a shot of my playfield...(sitting against the wall in my basement) but if these are the lamps you're referring to, they are controlled as they each have their own wire going to them...

20240329_142754 (resized).jpg20240329_142754 (resized).jpg
#2316 30 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

however the chamber lamps will strobe during attract mode (on the loop that highlights the different "features"), as do the lamps under the slingshot plastics.

Those lamps are control feature lamps and not GI lamps.
The Thumper Bumpers have the same algorithms as the slingshot lamps.

#2317 29 days ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:What did you do to accomplish this?

There’s a triac down by the power supply. Locate the lines attached to it and disconnect the connectors. You can just set them aside, as you won’t use them. Then attach the connectors that remain. This allows the GI to bypass the triac that controls that strobing during attract mode.

IMG_7633 (resized).jpegIMG_7633 (resized).jpegIMG_7634 (resized).jpegIMG_7634 (resized).jpeg
#2318 29 days ago

This switch that’s fixed midway up the orbs deployment channel on my game doesn’t have an actuator wire that allows a ball to roll back down if it doesn’t deploy properly. I’ve tried removing the wire, but it’s attached so tightly that I’m afraid I’ll damage the switch. I can’t seem to source a new switch and actuator wire. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

IMG_7635 (resized).jpegIMG_7635 (resized).jpeg
#2319 29 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

I can’t seem to source a new switch and actuator wire. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

You should have gotten a time machine, and go back to the 1980's
to your local Bally distributor. Then you could order the part that is broken.
1) you need to use what you have and fined the wire actuator raw part.
1a) shape the part like the old broken one and add the missing part that someone cut off.
1b) reference photos or ask a pinsider to take clean clear photos of the part.

#2320 29 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

You should have gotten a time machine, and go back to the 1980's
to your local Bally distributor. Then you could order the part that is broken.
1) you need to use what you have and fined the wire actuator raw part.
1a) shape the part like the old broken one and add the missing part that someone cut off.
1b) reference photos or ask a pinsider to take clean clear photos of the part.

1) Just about every other part I’ve had to source on all nine of my early ss Ballys is available at the various online pinball parts suppliers, so I guess I just didn’t think a “time machine” would be necessary.
1a) As I mentioned, I tried removing the actuator wire but have not been successful. And whaddya know, I was even prepared to use what I have. I Still am.
1b) I already know what I need. No photos will be necessary.

Appreciate the feedback.

#2321 29 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

This switch that’s fixed midway up the orbs deployment channel on my game doesn’t have an actuator wire that allows a ball to roll back down if it doesn’t deploy properly. I’ve tried removing the wire, but it’s attached so tightly that I’m afraid I’ll damage the switch. I can’t seem to source a new switch and actuator wire. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
[quoted image]

https://twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1074

You should be able to use this and shape the actuator. The Bally parts book should have a drawing off the proper shape of you can just do whatever works.

#2322 29 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

[quoted image]

my switch looks the same, I didn't realize it was not supposed to be that way...but it makes sense that it should allow the ball to move each way...something else to do...

#2323 28 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

https://twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1074
You should be able to use this and shape the actuator. The Bally parts book should have a drawing off the proper shape of you can just do whatever works.

Awesome, thank you!

#2324 28 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

my switch looks the same, I didn't realize it was not supposed to be that way...but it makes sense that it should allow the ball to move each way...something else to do...

It’s the same exact shape as an inlane or outlane wireform. It just needs to let a ball roll both ways. Not exactly sure yet what’s happening there, but for some reason my game seems to occasionally drop two balls into the channel when only one is supposed to enter it. It’s only happened a couple times, but it will somehow get a ball stuck in front of that switch. Once I fix the switch, I have to delve into the rest. Fun!

3 weeks later
#2325 7 days ago

I’m trying to make a Centaur light panel. Could a kind Centaur owner please post a clear, square on pic of their backbox light panel so I could scale and trace bulb socket locations. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 2,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-clubmembers-only/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.