20240416_130446 (resized).jpg
Mollie_Sugden_as_Mrs_Slocombe (resized).jpg
61D2C599-5DC2-4FAD-B4A0-242CF069BB31 (resized).jpeg
1EF3E982-88BB-4BC0-BCED-DE44B88CDAFC (resized).jpeg
IMG_0338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0335 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0336 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_111929950 (resized).jpg
There are 5,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 105.
#5151 49 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My 19 year old daughter decided to turn our cat Freddy into a diva.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As others said, they don’t like that!

#5152 48 days ago

IMG_7338 (resized).jpegIMG_7338 (resized).jpeg
#5153 48 days ago

Caught a Big FishIMG_0651 (resized).jpegIMG_0651 (resized).jpeg

#5154 47 days ago

And the winner is ....

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-12 at 13.27.42 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-12 at 13.27.42 (resized).jpeg
#5155 47 days ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Caught a Big Fish

Good catch
even with one eye

#5156 46 days ago

Cat Fishing....

20240307_173557 (resized).jpg20240307_173557 (resized).jpg
#5157 46 days ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

Cat Fishing....
[quoted image]

Trolling Cats.gifTrolling Cats.gif

#5158 45 days ago

Need help. As everyone knows, I had to put my little baby girl down almost 2 weeks ago.

I still have her brother (11.5 years old).

What do I do? They were together since birth.

Will he act differently?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#5159 45 days ago

Find an equally old girl in a shelter. Then hope they get used to each other. He shouldn’t stay alone.

#5160 45 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Need help. As everyone knows, I had to put my little baby girl down almost 2 weeks ago.
I still have her brother (11.5 years old).
What do I do? They were together since birth.
Will he act differently?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

How is he acting now? I have one from an extremely bonded pair that I lost almost 2 years ago. She was very upset when her pal died, but over time and a lot of love she seems to have gotten somewhat over it. I do still find her checking out where he used to spend most of his time.

Try a meet n greet with a shelter cat of near the same age. Remember, nothing happens overnight, so time is what's needed. Feel him out, maybe he'll be ok. Make sure to spend lots of time with him as a distraction.

You still seem very upset yourself over this. I grieve with you. Our babies are so precious.

Jim

#5161 45 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

How is he acting now? I have one from an extremely bonded pair that I lost almost 2 years ago. She was very upset when her pal died, but over time and a lot of love she seems to have gotten somewhat over it. I do still find her checking out where he used to spend most of his time.
Try a meet n greet with a shelter cat of near the same age. Remember, nothing happens overnight, so time is what's needed. Feel him out, maybe he'll be ok. Make sure to spend lots of time with him as a distraction.
You still seem very upset yourself over this. I grieve with you. Our babies are so precious.
Jim

He was always more independent than she was.

He is spending more time with me and definitely wants more attention.

#5162 45 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

He was always more independent than she was.
He is spending more time with me and definitely wants more attention.

Sounds like he may do well on his own. Now, he will get all the attention and most important, all the treats. Any desire on your part to get another, maybe 2?

#5163 44 days ago

Have No Fear, Juniper is here.

thumbnail_IMG_4498 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_4498 (resized).jpg
#5164 44 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Sounds like he may do well on his own. Now, he will get all the attention and most important, all the treats. Any desire on your part to get another, maybe 2?

No desire to get another one.

I’ll never find another one with a heart as big as her. She was perfect. She always had a “I love you daddy” look on her face. He just tolerates me. lol

I put a cat condo in the living room tonight. I figure it gives him a little something more in that room.

#5165 43 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’ll never find another one with a heart as big as her. She was perfect. She always had a “I love you daddy” look on her face. He just tolerates me. lol
I put a cat condo in the living room tonight. I figure it gives him a little something more in that room.

I felt the same way when my Elvira died. A few months later I told my Wife, maybe we could get another cat but only if it was female, black and I could name her Leia. A month or so later, my Wife brought home a little black furball, I couldn't help but love her. As it turned out, she was in fact a he. It didn't matter, he was now my son and we kept his name as Leia. We had him for 17 years. He has been gone for almost 3 years now and I still miss him.
Give it some time, a little furball may one day come into your life and like me, you will fall in love with it.

#5166 43 days ago

I was working in Elvira today and Calvin reminded me it was time to pet him. So I did. For like 8 seconds. Then he went back to his covert lookout spot to watch the world outside.
IMG_0219 (resized).jpegIMG_0219 (resized).jpegIMG_0220 (resized).jpegIMG_0220 (resized).jpeg

#5167 43 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m very sorry that you lost your Princess. The pain for you will be real for a very long time.

In a year you will be able to think of her and smile even though the tears will still gather. It will get better and you do have those memories to cherish.

Your boy will either be forlorn and miss his sister or will cherish he’s extra time he can have with you now. Cats seem to go either way. We are on our third pair of cats from the same litter now.

Stay strong and give your remaining furr baby lots of hugs.

#5168 42 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I was working in Elvira today and Calvin reminded me it was time to pet him. So I did. For like 8 seconds. Then he went back to his covert lookout spot to watch the world outside.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those 8 seconds are what make the day better!

#5169 42 days ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Those 8 seconds are what make the day better!

My wife feels the same

#5170 42 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

We had to put our 12 year old cat (Willow) down about 3 weeks ago due to cancer. Willow was a stray that adopted us. For being a grumpy old man, I admit I've shed a bucket of tears over my 4 legged buddy.

This applies to cats too...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Long story short, this happened:

#5171 42 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

We had to put our 12 year old cat (Willow) down about 3 weeks ago due to cancer. Willow was a stray that adopted us. For being a grumpy old man, I admit I've shed a bucket of tears over my 4 legged buddy.
[quoted image]
Long story short, then this happened:
[quoted image]

I would give this 1000 thumbs up if I could. It's no longer about us, it's about them. We know we can't save them all, that's why it's imperative we save the ones we can. Giving just a little bit of your heart goes a long way.

#5172 42 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

I would give this 1000 thumbs up if I could. It's no longer about us, it's about them. We know we can't save them all, that's why it's imperative we save the ones we can. Giving just a little bit of your heart goes a long way.

Spot on. Over the decades, we've adopted 3 dogs and 2 cats. Gave them all a stellar life. But no doubt, they made our lives much better too.

Wonder how many cats in this thread were adopted or strays?

#5173 42 days ago

We have 6 now. 3 were adopted at the same time and the other 3 were strays. My wife puts food out for all the homeless cats in the neighborhood and then we proceed to take them in.

First picture has Mavis, Daisy and Salem all adopted. Also Jackson and Saffron, strays.

Second picture is our latest addition last fall, pumpkin.

Man the food and litter bill is killer.

Quoted from mbwalker:

Spot on. Over the decades, we've adopted 3 dogs and 2 cats. Gave them all a stellar life. But no doubt, they made our lives much better too.
Wonder how many cats in this thread were adopted or strays?

20230411_185818 (resized).jpg20230411_185818 (resized).jpg20240118_211244 (resized).jpg20240118_211244 (resized).jpg
#5174 42 days ago

Thought I would share what to do under stairs….

329F78B5-AF39-42C5-9DBE-FCF0076C88CE (resized).jpeg329F78B5-AF39-42C5-9DBE-FCF0076C88CE (resized).jpegB5A5A99A-1B87-4DDF-8F61-F08F08871FE9 (resized).jpegB5A5A99A-1B87-4DDF-8F61-F08F08871FE9 (resized).jpegC0A41315-D59F-46C8-BCE7-88FC944E6422 (resized).jpegC0A41315-D59F-46C8-BCE7-88FC944E6422 (resized).jpegCC22175F-143C-468E-B875-70E6BE5244D2 (resized).jpegCC22175F-143C-468E-B875-70E6BE5244D2 (resized).jpeg
#5175 42 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image]
Long story short, then this happened:
[quoted image]

How old is Kevin Bacon?

How is he adjusting being a feral?

My 2, we found a litter of kittens (5) outside my brothers house. We had to watch them for 3 weeks. The shelter they were going too, is outside our district. They made us wait. Luckily, the kittens were only about 5-6 weeks old.

I adopted 2. One of my sister in law’s friends adopted 1 (she died at 5). The other 2 were adopted out within 3 days at the shelter.

The mommy cat was only only 2 when she had this litter. We got her fixed. Within a few years of taking care of her, she would come up to me and my sister in law. We were the only 2 that could pet her.

#5176 42 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How old is Kevin Bacon?
How is he adjusting being a feral?
My 2, we found a litter of kittens (5) outside my brothers house. We had to watch them for 3 weeks. The shelter they were going too, is outside our district. They made us wait. Luckily, the kittens were only about 5-6 weeks old.
I adopted 2. One of my sister in law’s friends adopted 1 (she died at 5). The other 2 were adopted out within 3 days at the shelter.
The mommy cat was only only 2 when she had this litter. We got her fixed. Within a few years of taking care of her, she would come up to me and my sister in law. We were the only 2 that could pet her.

Thanks for finding the kittens homes.

Kevin is about 1 year old.

Ferals are wild (i.e. no human interaction), he was a stray (socialized, either a lost pet or perhaps played with by kids when a kitten). Early on when Kevin (we name all the outdoor cats) first started to show up, I took some wet out and he just happened to be out there, and he took off towards the woods. I called, him, he came running. I knew he was a stray. I did a quick touch on his back and that's all it took - I'm his new best friend. You could tell he was starved for attention. Just wanted to be with people almost more than eat, couldn't get enough of me petting him. I did all the usually social stuff for a 'found cat' so the owner could find him - no one ever contacted me or the shelter. And you could tell he hadn't been wearing a collar since the hair was not matted like usual.

I fed Kevin for a couple of weeks, he slept in a heated/insulated cat shelter outside, but no way was I going to bring him the house with Willow. Whenever I would fill the food and water bowls outside for any of the cats, I'd wear gloves, sanitize my hands, etc. to help keep Willow safe. Willow was my top priority. Kevin would show up every night about 6:40PM and wait on the patio looking towards the window, waiting for me to come out. I eventually got a cage; he walked right in to get the food, I shut the door, and off to the shelter we went the next day.

Willow had to be put down a couple of days later. I don't really want to tell that story, we thought we had at least a few more weeks. It hit me hardest out of all the animals I put to sleep.

So what the FB posting didn't elaborate about was Kevin was placed in quarantine for 4 days (same for all animals). All cats/dogs get vaccines, dewormed, flea/tick topical, etc. Then, being unneutered, he went into what my wife referred to as the 'gangster' cat cell - all the unneutered (and pissed off) males go there to waiting to be fixed. That had to be a stressful. Because of scheduling, that took about 2 weeks. That gave us time to decompress a bit and to decide if we wanted to adopt him. During that time we put our name on the adoption list, and it just so happened our name was first. No commitment on our end, we just considered that a place holder.

So you know how the story ends. Kevin already had a history with us, was just the friendliest cat, and just wanted to be with people...maybe it was fate after all and we eventually adopted him. We always joked our house is the 'Walker Animal Resort'. Once in, they get a life of luxury. The two or so weeks it took to adopt at least gave us time to think about it and not make a rash decision. In the end, we'd kick ourselves for not adopting him - he found us, just like Willow did.

We live in a rural area, but the shelter built a new facility recently just a few miles down the road. Once they opened, we visited fairly often to socialize the animals and to make donations. Great staff and volunteers.

He went from this:
To this:
He's adapted quite well to living inside.

Sorry, didn't mean to take the thread slightly off topic with a long winded story. Just a very odd chain of events.

#5177 41 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks for finding the kittens homes.
Kevin is about 1 year old.
Ferals are wild (i.e. no human interaction), he was a stray (socialized, either a lost pet or perhaps played with by kids when a kitten). Early on when Kevin (we name all the outdoor cats) first started to show up, I took some wet out and he just happened to be out there, and he took off towards the woods. I called, him, he came running. I knew he was a stray. I did a quick touch on his back and that's all it took - I'm his new best friend. You could tell he was starved for attention. Just wanted to be with people almost more than eat, couldn't get enough of me petting him. I did all the usually social stuff for a 'found cat' so the owner could find him - no one ever contacted me or the shelter. And you could tell he hadn't been wearing a collar since the hair was not matted like usual.
I fed Kevin for a couple of weeks, he slept in a heated/insulated cat shelter outside, but no way was I going to bring him the house with Willow. Even when I would fill the food and water bowls outside for any of the cats, I'd wear gloves, sanitize my hands, etc. to help keep Willow safe. Willow was my top priority. Kevin would show up every night about 6:40PM and wait on the patio looking towards the window, waiting for me to come out. I eventually got a cage; he walked right in to get the food, I shut the door, and off to the shelter we went the next day.
Willow had to be put down a couple of days later. I don't really want to tell that story, we thought we had at least a few more weeks. It hit me hardest out of all the animals I put to sleep.
So what the FB posting didn't elaborate on was Kevin (and all animals brought in) was placed in quarantine for 4 days. They get vaccines, dewormed, flea/tick topical, etc. Then, being unneutered, he went into what my wife referred to as the 'gangster' cell - all the unneutered (and pissed off) males go there to waiting to be fixed. That had to be a stressful. Because of scheduling, that took about 2 weeks. That gave us time to decide if we wanted to adopt him. During that time we put our name on the adoption list, and it just so happened our name was first. No commitment on our end, we just considered that a place holder.
So you know how the story ends. Kevin already had a history with us, was just the friendliest cat, and just wanted to be with people...maybe it was fate after all and we adopted him. We always joked our house is the 'Walker Animal Resort', once in they get a 'life of luxury'. The two or so weeks it took to adopt at least gave us time to think about it and not make a rash decision. In the end, we'd kick ourselves for not adopting him - he found us, just like Willow did.
We live in a rural area, but the shelter built a new facility recently just a few miles down the road. Once they opened, we visited fairly often to socialize the animals and to make donations. Great staff and volunteers.
He went from this:
[quoted image]
To this:
[quoted image]
He's adapted quite well to living inside.
Sorry, didn't mean to take the thread slightly off topic with a long winded story. Just a very odd chain of events.

I think the pinball portion is optional…

LOVE your history with Kevin Bacon!

Is he strictly indoors now?

I donate to my local shelter too. They do such wonderful work there.

#5178 41 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think the pinball portion is optional…
LOVE your history with Kevin Bacon!
Is he strictly indoors now?
I donate to my local shelter too. They do such wonderful work there.

Yep, just indoors. Just as a precaution, I stuck a Tile Sticker tracker on his collar just in case. Not sure how well that works, better than nothing. So far, he's shown zero interest in going back outside.

Your sister-in-law's friend definitely got the short end of the stick with her adopted kitten.

#5179 41 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thought I would share what to do under stairs….[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is amazing stuff! I have all my tools under the stairs, but this makes a lot of sense. Do you have any more photos? I'd love to take this on as a weekend project.

#5180 40 days ago
432423618_10232751701638702_5487994131047782510_n (resized).jpg432423618_10232751701638702_5487994131047782510_n (resized).jpg
#5181 39 days ago

Whenever I’m working on hulk, I always have a supurrvisor. He is great company !

IMG_7090 (resized).jpegIMG_7090 (resized).jpegIMG_7092 (resized).jpegIMG_7092 (resized).jpeg
#5182 39 days ago
Quoted from Boat:

Whenever I’m working on hulk, I always have a supurrvisor. He is great company !

Sleeping on the job.

#5183 39 days ago

Well if you’re not going to give me a backbox, this is what happens.

#5184 39 days ago
Quoted from Boat:

What a handsome fella !

#5185 39 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is amazing stuff! I have all my tools under the stairs, but this makes a lot of sense. Do you have any more photos? I'd love to take this on as a weekend project.

Thanks. You need a staircase at least 1m wide to fit cupboards underneath that are 400mm deep.

We have 3.4m high ceilings downstairs so our staircase has 6 steps then a 180 landing with remaining 14 steps leading to our attic. And yes we have carried pins up it with varying success.

Under the 6 stairs is a nook for litter and then a cupboard under the landing for washing baskets etc. our landing is halfway up an old external window which we have made internal. The cats get a little hidey hole with a grate on top to fill in the gap between landing and glass. They can look out here over the pinballs down stairs.

The thought process with this is cupboards in three different heights, a sleeping platform above the main door reusing the old glass above the door as another view for them and then walking platforms and boxes connecting everything up. Feeding platforms are like a bookcase with side protection so cats can’t steal rack others dinners. Worked with my old cats. Kittens have no manners. Scratching tree between feed area and cupboards.

Sorry if it’s not clear. More photos.

For cat flap cut into door you need a solid door. We just hinge the cutout behind with a barrel bolt to lock in closed position. We wanted a car flap without it being ugly.

Should have cleaned up the vomit stains, Charlie's a bit of a chucker...

281DB93C-B16A-4905-87C2-F78DD6C10C49 (resized).jpeg281DB93C-B16A-4905-87C2-F78DD6C10C49 (resized).jpeg757B8CF5-9C51-445A-8789-FA004F284911 (resized).jpeg757B8CF5-9C51-445A-8789-FA004F284911 (resized).jpegA28A4C80-31AF-494C-ADE4-C644919FACC9 (resized).jpegA28A4C80-31AF-494C-ADE4-C644919FACC9 (resized).jpegB0B0EAD0-6EF9-4AE4-877F-2C8174EF9DE2 (resized).jpegB0B0EAD0-6EF9-4AE4-877F-2C8174EF9DE2 (resized).jpegBFE31A96-6C38-4A7F-ACF6-F37CED0661CA (resized).jpegBFE31A96-6C38-4A7F-ACF6-F37CED0661CA (resized).jpeg
8D9E5C42-60CC-4457-A490-F03F9408B89E (resized).jpeg8D9E5C42-60CC-4457-A490-F03F9408B89E (resized).jpeg

#5186 39 days ago

Don't think I ever posted this one of Molly. She's since passed away but she was a true pinball cat. In her honour.....

#5187 38 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks. You need a staircase at least 1m wide to fit cupboards underneath that are 400mm deep.
We have 3.4m high ceilings downstairs so our staircase has 6 steps then a 180 landing with remaining 14 steps leading to our attic. And yes we have carried pins up it with varying success.
Under the 6 stairs is a nook for litter and then a cupboard under the landing for washing baskets etc. our landing is halfway up an old external window which we have made internal. The cats get a little hidey hole with a grate on top to fill in the gap between landing and glass. They can look out here over the pinballs down stairs.
The thought process with this is cupboards in three different heights, a sleeping platform above the main door reusing the old glass above the door as another view for them and then walking platforms and boxes connecting everything up. Feeding platforms are like a bookcase with side protection so cats can’t steal rack others dinners. Worked with my old cats. Kittens have no manners. Scratching tree between feed area and cupboards.
Sorry if it’s not clear. More photos.
For cat flap cut into door you need a solid door. We just hinge the cutout behind with a barrel bolt to lock in closed position. We wanted a car flap without it being ugly.
Should have cleaned up the vomit stains, Charlie's a bit of a chucker...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Fascinating! And now I have to ask: surely your pins are not outdoors?!

#5188 35 days ago

Omar comin'

PXL_20240324_214021573.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20240324_214021573.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#5189 31 days ago

Someone loves the ball launcher!

20240328_175016.jpg20240328_175016.jpg
#5190 31 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Someone loves the ball launcher!
[quoted image]

Beautiful colors on a big kitty!

#5191 31 days ago

Snake Jazz likes to keep close to me now a days. I fell asleep on the couch he other day, and woke up to this:
C8C48385-5866-4CCD-8EFE-2E8F058109C5 (resized).jpegC8C48385-5866-4CCD-8EFE-2E8F058109C5 (resized).jpeg

#5192 30 days ago

Our poor little baby kitty Charlotte had a very bad accident involving an electric recliner. She was hiding inside, and her tail go caught in the ball screw. She was trapped for about 30 minutes while we worked to get her free. My sister (Trauma PA) was with us, and did some emergency stitches and repair, and we saw the vet the next day they were open.

It's been 3 weeks, and her tail is not healing, unfortunately. She has to have the portion below the wound amputated on Monday. She's otherwise doing pretty well, though another 10-14 days in the cone will be more misery. Over a month recovering from this now! We're 100% at fault. We had identified these recliners as a hazard, and thought being careful in their use would work. We've since unplugged them, never to be used again. I feel so bad for our little girl, but she'll be just fine with half a tail.

IMG_1484 (resized).JPGIMG_1484 (resized).JPGIMG_2624 (resized).jpegIMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
#5193 30 days ago

Freya (duluted calico)and Cole (black)watching and helping Dad with the machines

20231209_210638 (resized).jpg20231209_210638 (resized).jpg20231209_210650 (resized).jpg20231209_210650 (resized).jpg
#5194 30 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Our poor little baby kitty Charlotte had a very bad accident involving an electric recliner. She was hiding inside, and her tail go caught in the ball screw. She was trapped for about 30 minutes while we worked to get her free. My sister (Trauma PA) was with us, and did some emergency stitches and repair, and we saw the vet the next day they were open.
It's been 3 weeks, and her tail is not healing, unfortunately. She has to have the portion below the wound amputated on Monday. She's otherwise doing pretty well, though another 10-14 days in the cone will be more misery. Over a month recovering from this now! We're 100% at fault. We had identified these recliners as a hazard, and thought being careful in their use would work. We've since unplugged them, never to be used again. I feel so bad for our little girl, but she'll be just fine with half a tail. [quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to hear about your kitty and the recliner. That's also a worry of mine.

You can buy a 'soft' cone, she might tolerate that a bit better if needed. A random screen shot from Amazon:

#5195 30 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Sorry to hear about your kitty and the recliner. That's also a worry of mine.
You can buy a 'soft' cone, she might tolerate that a bit better if needed. A random screen shot from Amazon:
[quoted image]

Thank you for both the support and thoughtful idea, so very much. What a great community, with others chipping in with wonderful suggestions.

We've tried about a half-dozen cones on our little girl, and nothing kept her from messing with her tail. We ended up with the contraption shown above (clear cone backed up by a donut). It's the only thing we've found that works, unfortunately. This is apparently common with cats and tail injuries, for the obvious reason that can still reach it mostly.

We had her on painkillers for 3 weeks, and those just ended. This makes her sleepy and it really helps with her pain; she doesn't bother her tail at all while on those. She'll get another 2-week prescription on Monday with the surgery. The most upsetting thing has been the very-long recovery process and need to keep her in that damn cone. At least we have an end-date now.

#5196 30 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Thank you for both the support and thoughtful idea, so very much. What a great community, with others chipping in with wonderful suggestions.
We've tried about a half-dozen cones on our little girl, and nothing kept her from messing with her tail. We ended up with the contraption shown above (clear cone backed up by a donut). It's the only thing we've found that works, unfortunately. This is apparently common with cats and tail injuries, for the obvious reason that can still reach it mostly.
We had her on painkillers for 3 weeks, and those just ended. This makes her sleepy and it really helps with her pain; she doesn't bother her tail at all while on those. She'll get another 2-week prescription on Monday with the surgery. The most upsetting thing has been the very-long recovery process and need to keep her in that damn cone. At least we have an end-date now.

All the best with her recovery. Our poor little Abyssinian kitten Nutmeg got caught in the seat part of a manual recliner 30 years ago. We were staying at our mums place. Can remember seeing the lump in the seat. Was ready to cut the seat open to get her out. Luckily she wriggled herself out of there when we opened the cat can for an impromptu dinner.

Would be good if furniture company put some sort of stretchy netting underneath to stop kittens from doing this. I’m sorry for her loss but overjoyed to see she is on the mend. Must have been an awful experience. Be sure to post photos once she’s mended.

#5197 29 days ago

It's tough watching our little pals dealing with an injury.

#5198 29 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

... We ended up with the contraption shown above (clear cone backed up by a donut)...

Ahhh...I didn't even notice the donut behind the clear cone.

#5199 29 days ago

This little guy almost got crushed with the Harbor Freight lift table. She has gotten hurt doing other things, like chasing lizards up the screened porch.

774B5BC5-60D9-4402-A8F7-B467C9A67380 (resized).jpeg774B5BC5-60D9-4402-A8F7-B467C9A67380 (resized).jpeg
#5200 29 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

It's been 3 weeks, and her tail is not healing, unfortunately. She has to have the portion below the wound amputated on Monday. She's otherwise doing pretty well, though another 10-14 days in the cone will be more misery. Over a month recovering from this now! We're 100% at fault. We had identified these recliners as a hazard, and thought being careful in their use would work. We've since unplugged them, never to be used again. I feel so bad for our little girl, but she'll be just fine with half a tail. [quoted image][quoted image]

So sorry to hear. I’m always to be extra careful with potential things like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 5,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.