(Topic ID: 184076)

Canada pinball parts WTB/LTS official thread.

By puck

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 983 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by bleargh
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

There are 983 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
#951 67 days ago

I’m looking for a shaker motor to use in a Williams Medieval Madness thanks

#952 63 days ago

Anyone have a better way of getting parts shipped from Marco to Canada.
There shipping is the worst I have ever had. I can get products from china in half the time. Ordered on 6 Feb and still waiting. I'm not sure what version of Fedex they use but there has to be a better way. I don't think I'll order from there again. Sadly they are the only ones that had something I wanted. Good thing it wasn't a rush.
Anyway ideas or what do some of you do to expedite?

#953 62 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

There shipping is the worst I have ever had. I can get products from china in half the time. Ordered on 6 Feb and still waiting. I'm not sure what version of Fedex they use but there has to be a better way. I don't think I'll order from there again. Sadly they are the only ones that had something I wanted. Good thing it wasn't a rush.

Sometimes what I do when they have a pinball show in the US they will bring your order with them so u can pick up there way easyier

#954 62 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

I have had great shipping experiences from Marco....expensive yes but cheaper than what it used to be years ago.
I usually place my orders Sunday night and will be here tuesday afternoon. sometimes will be a wednesday.
Not sure how you do it but i place order then select international shipping. this will give you option of 1-2 day shipping or 2-3 day shipping.... i always go with the 1-2 day as it is usually only $10-15 more cause sometimes getting stuff on time for repairs is crucial. I do at least one or multiple orders monthly.
I find planetary or pinball life will take a week though even if you select 2-3 day shipping, i can usually get pinball centre in Germany within a week as well.
The only one that takes the oldschool 2 week wait is PBR but i dont think they will change their ways any time soon.

#955 61 days ago

Well 21 days later and the best I get is we are investigating.
It's not like it's my fault and for Marco to even say 40 days is possible with international shipping. LOL Its Canada not Siberia.
Anyway I'm not overly impressed. with my first order from them.

Quoted from Stretch7:

I have had great shipping experiences from Marco....expensive yes but cheaper than what it used to be years ago.
I usually place my orders Sunday night and will be here tuesday afternoon. sometimes will be a wednesday.
Not sure how you do it but i place order then select international shipping. this will give you option of 1-2 day shipping or 2-3 day shipping.... i always go with the 1-2 day as it is usually only $10-15 more cause sometimes getting stuff on time for repairs is crucial. I do at least one or multiple orders monthly.
I find planetary or pinball life will take a week though even if you select 2-3 day shipping, i can usually get pinball centre in Germany within a week as well.
The only one that takes the oldschool 2 week wait is PBR but i dont think they will change their ways any time soon.

#956 61 days ago

Marcos has been fast for me the last few orders. I don't even pay extra for the shipping.

In fact, my last Marcos order originated out of California and not South Carolina. (They always give tracking numbers for international orders)

Not sure if it's a east/west thing.

#957 61 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

Well 21 days later and the best I get is we are investigating.
It's not like it's my fault and for Marco to even say 40 days is possible with international shipping. LOL Its Canada not Siberia.
Anyway I'm not overly impressed. with my first order from them.

What does tracking say? Customs clearance these days can take a long time.

#958 61 days ago

It just keep delayed everywhere. First in NY at a depot.
Now delayed sitting in Qeubec about 3 hrs from me for the last 7 days. LOL
FED EX is almost as good as Canada Post. Seems like I'm the only one thats had issues. But it's enough where I'll find other ways next time.

#959 61 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

It just keep delayed everywhere. First in NY at a depot.
Now delayed sitting in Qeubec about 3 hrs from me for the last 7 days. LOL
FED EX is almost as good as Canada Post. Seems like I'm the only one thats had issues. But it's enough where I'll find other ways next time.

No this happens to everyone all the time ,my wife got something from NY took for ever too move then it went too NJ lol don’t know why then back too NY wtf

#960 60 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

Contact Tommy at Nitro. He orders from Marco all the time and will just charge you Canadian shipping to piggy back on his orders. I've done it a few times. Pretty quick and cheap.

#961 60 days ago

thanks
I was wondering if anyone does this. Thanks. I was almost going to contact pinball medics in Ottawa. I've had a package delivered next day. Loved that.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Contact Tommy at Nitro. He orders from Marco all the time and will just charge you Canadian shipping to piggy back on his orders. I've done it a few times. Pretty quick and cheap.

#962 59 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

thanks
I was wondering if anyone does this. Thanks. I was almost going to contact pinball medics in Ottawa. I've had a package delivered next day. Loved that.

Yea Pinball Medics does the same- just tell Mike what you’re after and he can load it onto his next order.

#963 59 days ago

Been awhile but when I've ordered from Marco, I call them. They have (had?) options not listed on the site. The best is USPS. Cheaper and faster than UPS.

2 weeks later
#964 41 days ago

I'm looking for a a couple of seven digit displays w/ side connectors for or a Road Kings. PM if you have any you'd sell. Thanks!

#965 41 days ago

Stretch7 might have some.

#966 40 days ago

I am also looking for the plastic that sits next the center ramp entrance above the saucer & a shooter rod for a Road Kings. Thanks

#967 39 days ago

Anyone know how to contact Great Lakes modular? Looking to potentially upgrade my Bally 6803 trough opto boards.
Cheers
Jamie

#968 39 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Anyone know how to contact Great Lakes modular? Looking to potentially upgrade my Bally 6803 trough opto boards.
Cheers
Jamie

I think Great Lakes modular quit years ago

#969 38 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Cheers
Jamie

You would need a time-machine...

2 weeks later
#970 19 days ago
Quoted from mIkea:

Yea Pinball Medics does the same- just tell Mike what you’re after and he can load it onto his next order.

Be aware, though, that Pinball Medics only orders from PBR once a month, and if you miss their order timing you can be left waiting a while for parts... I'd reached out to Mike back at the start of February about a pile of parts I was looking to order, and am still waiting to hear back from him indicating that the parts have arrived on his end.

Had I known back then how long it would take for the PBR parts to arrive, I would have asked him to ship me everything that he already had in stock and to then follow it up with the other items in a separate shipment later; I'm now 8wks into working on a machine and am blocked waiting on parts.

#971 18 days ago
Quoted from bleargh:

Be aware, though, that Pinball Medics only orders from PBR once a month, and if you miss their order timing you can be left waiting a while for parts... I'd reached out to Mike back at the start of February about a pile of parts I was looking to order, and am still waiting to hear back from him indicating that the parts have arrived on his end.
Had I known back then how long it would take for the PBR parts to arrive, I would have asked him to ship me everything that he already had in stock and to then follow it up with the other items in a separate shipment later; I'm now 8wks into working on a machine and am blocked waiting on parts.

Have you tried reaching back out to him? I've talked to him a few time in the past few months, and actually this week and he mentioned he's been flat out lately. Might be worth while to check in with him. He's always been super quick to pack and ship my orders and has always been helpful and accommodating.

#972 18 days ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Have you tried reaching back out to him? I've talked to him a few time in the past few months, and actually this week and he mentioned he's been flat out lately. Might be worth while to check in with him. He's always been super quick to pack and ship my orders and has always been helpful and accommodating.

Yes, have been in contact with him at least every other week, most recently indicating that I was getting concerned about placing an order as it had taken so long. He did reply, apologizing for the delay, and indicated that I had just missed their previous order (thus part of the delay in my order).

When I had assembled the list of parts I needed back in Feb, I had reached out to several people I knew asking about who was a good supplier in Canada, and multiple people had given Mike @ Pinball Medics high praise. Also seeing this thread here with multiple people giving him praise, I take as a good sign; less "OMG, I need to worry", more "yup, he's just super swamped right now and doing the best he can".

#973 18 days ago

Never had an issue with Mike ...

Sure your parts will come .

#974 18 days ago

What's the best deal for slow blow fuses? I'm going to Ottawa looks like medics has 5 for $8. Seems pretty good. Didn't see anything on Amazon worth buying??

#975 18 days ago

I usually get my fuses from digikey. Fuses are pricey these days!

#976 18 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

What's the best deal for slow blow fuses? I'm going to Ottawa looks like medics has 5 for $8. Seems pretty good. Didn't see anything on Amazon worth buying??

Holy crow. At this rate it won't be long until I just install circuit breakers permanently.

#977 18 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Holy crow. At this rate it won't be long until I just install circuit breakers permanently.

Lol is that an option.

It took me a month to find a small bare wire at the coin door hitting the handle intermittent and blowing a gi fuse.

#978 18 days ago
Quoted from Boat:

I usually get my fuses from digikey. Fuses are pricey these days!

Thank god I got a ton of fuses way back no a days wow

#979 18 days ago

Digi key it Mouser.

#980 18 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/electronics-parts/fuses/

shipping a bit expensive, but the fuses are CHEAP.....Buy lots!

#981 18 days ago
Quoted from algrande:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/electronics-parts/fuses/
shipping a bit expensive, but the fuses are CHEAP.....Buy lots!

Al should know he's always blowing his fuse!

#982 17 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Never had an issue with Mike ...
Sure your parts will come .

Yup, that they will.

Sure enough, the same day I post here (yesterday), I get a note back from Mike, indicating that his PBR order just arrived and that I should expect to hear from him tomorrow (today) with an update/ETA on my order. w00t!

#983 13 days ago
Quoted from bleargh:

Yup, that they will.
Sure enough, the same day I post here (yesterday), I get a note back from Mike, indicating that his PBR order just arrived and that I should expect to hear from him tomorrow (today) with an update/ETA on my order. w00t!

Just got off of the phone with Mike, as we went through everything in my order. Handful of items he still needs to get in, but they should be in by next Monday, at which point we're good to go. Hurray!

There are 983 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-pinball-parts-wtblts-official-thread/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.