Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bop_gates.JPG
decimal-places.jpg
gate.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Cheers,
I'm trying to find a rebound gate for my Game Show but they don't seem to exist (A-13305), however, it appears likely that one from BOP (A-14363, or A-12511 plus 12-6657-L) would be a match and I just need someone to do a quick measure hole to hole.

It's one of the ones just above her head it looks like the only difference between the two sides is the left one doesn't have the wire gate to make it 2-way.

If someone has a lead on the actual part that would be great too. I can't find any of the BOP one in stock anywhere but it seems much more likely to show up.

Thanks!

gate.jpggate.jpg

#2 10 years ago

both look to be the same on my BOP. I measured one and it came in at right at about 2 and 4/10 of an inch from hole to hole.

#3 10 years ago

I'm guessing you mean 4/16 or you have the craziest ruler ever . Thank you!

I report success or failure in case someone else needs a cross reference. Now I've just got to find one, but BOP parts should be way easier!

#4 10 years ago

When I had to make gates from piano wire (pbresource!) for BOP and F-14 (they were all but one actually available but I had the wire and didn't want to wait) I was able to find a pic of them on Marco's site. I put that pick into photoshop, sized correctly from measuring the opening, straightened, printed a pick and used that as a guide, went from what looked by a wire gate made in Mordor to what the pic on Marcos site looked like.

#5 10 years ago

Awesome, I love the on the fly repairs - except when it's one a previous owner did!

I was thinking of making one from scratch out of some stiff cardboard or wood and paperclips but I didn't like what it was going to look like and without the gate it doesn't ruin game play too much. I figured I should start the search early, no idea how long it will take.

#6 10 years ago

It's 4 tenths. I used my caliper which breaks inches out into 10ths.

#7 10 years ago

Ah, thank you for following up! Shoot, I think that means it'll be a bit too big. It's close enough though that it's worth trying. A bit of tugging and bending will get it done.

#8 10 years ago

So then it would be written as 4.040 or 4.400? To a machinist a "tenth" would normally mean 0.0001", a thousand is 0.001 and everything else is is thousands, be it .400 (four hundred thousands) or 0.404 (four hundred and four thousands).

#9 10 years ago

OP - I would think you should be fine. If it's just a tad to big then you could simply drill out the holes a bit to open them up a little bit. That should get you the room you need.

So then it would be written as 4.040 or 4.400? To a machinist a "tenth" would normally mean 0.0001", a thousand is 0.001 and everything else is is thousands, be it .400 (four hundred thousands) or 0.404 (four hundred and four thousands).

That seems odd that machinist would use a completely different understanding of the decimal system then the rest of the world. Seems like that would cause confusion.... But the example of 0.404 (four hundred and four thousands) could also be read as 4 tens if rounded, right?

Normal decimal math would be like the attached.

decimal-places.jpgdecimal-places.jpg

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OP - I would think you should be fine. If it's just a tad to big then you could simply drill out the holes a bit to open them up a little bit. That should get you the room you need.

That seems odd that machinist would use a completely different understanding of the decimal system then the rest of the world. Seems like that would cause confusion.... But the example of 0.404 (four hundred and four thousands) could also be read as 4 tens if rounded, right?
Normal decimal math would be like the attached.

The machinist here at work uses the same conventions. I always have to think twice they they say something is half a thousandth. .0005, rahter than 5 ten thousandths.

#11 10 years ago

You wouldn't say four tenths, you would say four hundred thousands. Its strange I know, But as a machinist .0-.000 is all thousands. .0000 would be tenths. We ignore the whole number, and the first 3 places after the decimal point is all thousands and the 4th place is "tenths". Imagine an imaginary decimal point after the 3rd digit. 0.000.0" so 1.123.5 properly would be 1.1235 but would be said aloud as one and one hundred twenty three and five tenths or one and one hundred twenty three and a half thousands.

Its strange I know, But it was how I taught it. I wish we could just abandon the stupid imperial system all together and go metric. No stupid 12" to a foot no fractions and all that other stupid stuff. In metric you just move the point around to change units.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from huzzahmatt:

Cheers,
I'm trying to find a rebound gate for my Game Show but they don't seem to exist (A-13305), however, it appears likely that one from BOP (A-14363, or A-12511 plus 12-6657-L) would be a match and I just need someone to do a quick measure hole to hole.
It's one of the ones just above her head it looks like the only difference between the two sides is the left one doesn't have the wire gate to make it 2-way.
If someone has a lead on the actual part that would be great too. I can't find any of the BOP one in stock anywhere but it seems much more likely to show up.
Thanks!

Hey I know you...

Rudy is safe, by the way. I'll measure both gates and post some pics later when I get home.

By the way I've tried paperclips and coathangers before in adhoc pinball repair sessions. Never really worked out for me, they always get a little too bent out of shape.

#13 10 years ago

Yeah, 2.25 inches for each gate. Here's my really high tech measuring tool.

bop_gates.JPGbop_gates.JPG

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for the measurement! That's exactly what it is on my GS, so between the two measurements it sounds like there's a good deal of play to it as well.

Glad to hear Rudy made it home safe and hope he's sufficiently annoyed at everyone playing with the clock so much.

Yeah, that kind of a repair is good to get through the night or until a real replacement can be found but nothing beats the real deal.

10 years later
#15 4 months ago

Well here I am at the beginning of 2024. Just woke up a Game Show that has been in hibernation since at least 2016, and likely much longer. Godzilla and the Electric Bat Arcade has brought me back from an early retirement. Last time I posted on a pinball forum it was rec.games.pinball (RGP) Looks like many of you are still around.

I've been able to find most of the parts that were missing. This game is a lot of fun!

I'm down to the Rebound Gate Assembly A-13305. Does anyone have any leads on this part? Or any experience installing the above mentioned parts on a Game Show? (A-14363, or A-12511 plus 12-6657-L)

Looks like Marco has something close #A-17797-1. It's probably my best bet.

Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 40.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-measurment-request- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.