• 11,176 posts
  • 789 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by mollyspub
  • Topic is favorited by 325 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Homepin 24 Opto Board Diagram.pdf (PDF preview)
mfh-2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2593 (resized).jpeg
20240126_075615 (resized).jpg
20240126_075714 (resized).jpg
20240420_180919 (resized).jpg
20240420_180930 (resized).jpg
IMG_1048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1040 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6914 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6912 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 224.
#11101 31 days ago

Is it worth updating the BSD rom? mine is still on 1.0

Quoted from DeathHimself:

when you boot up check your version, if you are running feb 1993 then that’s the latest release version.

cool mine is updated

IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
#11102 31 days ago

I don’t think there have been many if any updates in code as far as I know. Sure would be nice if Soren or anyone else had something up their sleeve!

#11103 31 days ago

Mine was on L1 too. Oh well should have checked before buying. Anyways if anyone is not on L1 and wants my rom I'll be happy to give you mine as I have no use for it. Just message me.
cheers and thanks for your help!

PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpgPXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11104 23 days ago

Just checking to see if anyone might have a rats scoop cliffy protector for sale?

Thanks

#11105 23 days ago

I had a BSD and sold it a few years ago (big mistake). It was pretty loaded with mods—color DMD, Pinsound, LEDs, topper, etc.

I was just able to buy another one in great condition that was pretty stock. I’m really not missing many of the mods except for one thing. I hate the deformed tombstone cover that comes with the game. So big thank you to Morpheus for the cover he makes. It’s a little expensive to ship to the U.S., but I really like the upgrade.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsdracula-3-d-tombstone-cover/page/18#post-8066069

IMG_3996 (resized).jpegIMG_3996 (resized).jpegIMG_3997 (resized).jpegIMG_3997 (resized).jpeg

#11106 22 days ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I had a BSD and sold it a few years ago (big mistake). It was pretty loaded with mods—color DMD, Pinsound, LEDs, topper, etc.
I was just able to buy another one in great condition that was pretty stock. I’m really not missing many of the mods except for one thing. I hate the deformed tombstone cover that comes with the game. So big thank you to Morpheus for the cover he makes. It’s a little expensive to ship to the U.S., but I really like the upgrade.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsdracula-3-d-tombstone-cover/page/18#post-8066069
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah Morpheus' mod is great. What he hell was Williams thinking? The original has to be one of the worst pinball parts ever.

#11107 21 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Yeah Morpheus' mod is great. What he hell was Williams thinking? The original has to be one of the worst pinball parts ever.

I think they did it this way to not go over budget, many of the designer's ideas are not implemented because of this, Scared Stiff had a lot of things removed to not go over budget

#11108 16 days ago

I know it was asked and answered somewhere here before but I can't find it. Sometimes when I launch the ball it makes a whistling type noise and sometimes it doesn't. Also sometimes at launch it will trigger one of the three targets on the dmd other times not until the ball passes through to the playfield. Thanks for any help.

#11109 16 days ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

I know it was asked and answered somewhere here before but I can't find it. Sometimes when I launch the ball it makes a whistling type noise and sometimes it doesn't. Also sometimes at launch it will trigger one of the three targets on the dmd other times not until the ball passes through to the playfield. Thanks for any help.

Sound like the shooter lane switch and the skill shot lane switches need adjustment/replacement.

#11110 16 days ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

enter the test menu and go to the switch test, press the switches that are in the trajectory of the ball when it is thrown into play and see if some of these switches are triggering some of the targets, this could be a bad diode or even the 10 opto board

#11111 16 days ago

Hello everyone, sometimes when I press the left flipper the Altar (Rat hole) is activated by itself, another thing that happens is that a letter from the video mode is also collected when pressing the left flipper, does anyone know what this could be? my left flipper is without the E.O.S, would that be it?
In the Switch test everything is ok, only during the game does this problem happen

#11112 16 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

my left flipper is without the E.O.S, would that be it?

No. EOS is dedicated. Not matrixed like the other switches. Game will ignore it. You should fix it.

Quoted from Leonardogit:

when I press the left flipper the Altar (Rat hole) is activated by itself,

Tests - Switch Edge - bang on playfield. Any switch reporting on the DMD is too sensitive and needs adjusting.

LTG : )

#11113 16 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. EOS is dedicated. Not matrixed like the other switches. Game will ignore it. You should fix it.

I'll go, I already have a new E.O.S, I've been a bit lazy these last few days hahaha

Tests - Switch Edge - bang on playfield. Any switch reporting on the DMD is too sensitive and needs adjusting.

I don't think that's the case, because both the Altar, and the video mode letters are triggered by optos and not switches
I recently replaced the left flipper coil, could a bad left coil diode be causing this?
Is it worth testing the flipper opto board?

#11114 16 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I will, I already have a new E.O.S, I've been a bit lazy these last few days hahaha

Quoted from LTG:

I don't think that's the case, because both the Altar, and the video mode letters are triggered by optos and not switches
I recently replaced the left flipper coil, could a bad left coil diode be causing this?

#11115 16 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

No. Two different circuits.

You could swap left and right easily if you want.

#11116 16 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

great idea LTG, as soon as I can I will test it

#11117 14 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I did exactly that LTG and the problem was solved, thank you very much for your help
I just don't understand why just changing the flippers boards solved the problem, this was supposed to be just a test, does it make any sense to you?

#11118 14 days ago

Have a question for fellow owners...

My game often has ball saves completely disabled for tournaments. We've noticed that when this is the case, the 'love never dies' insert is lit solid at the beginning of a ball, and stays that way for the entire duration of it. It turns off during bonus sequences, and works normally during attract mode. At first I thought it was a lamp matrix issue, but it also works normally when ball saves are enabled - it flashes and then turns off completely after a couple seconds - and I can't duplicate it in the lamp test; the lamp only lights when selected in the test. No other lamp (or flasher or GI, for that matter) lights it in test. Is this intentional behavior or a software bug? I've tried a factory reset and am on revision L-1, which as far as I can tell is the latest.

#11119 14 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

does it make any sense to you?

Shit happens!!

#11120 12 days ago

Ok I found some video's on YouTube of ColorDMD and PIN2DMD. What do you guys think? PIN2DMD is about 1/2 price of ColorDMD.

ColorDMD -

PIN2DMD -

#11121 12 days ago

I personally will be going with the pin2DMD, I got one for my Data East Hook. There is a few cut scene dots out of place but not an extra $300 worth.

#11122 12 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

Ok I found some video's on YouTube of ColorDMD and PIN2DMD. What do you guys think? PIN2DMD is about 1/2 price of ColorDMD.
ColorDMD -
PIN2DMD -

Had both. Will never use pin2DMD again. ColorDMD all the way.

#11123 12 days ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

This is the correct answer. People will spend $300 on 3D printed garbage but don't pony up for an actual good product

#11124 12 days ago

I seen both and and went with ColorDMD LED, scenes just look so much better.

#11125 12 days ago

Just curious, but what are the complaints with Pin2Dmd?
I’ve never used their product, but that video doesn’t look bad at all. I’ve bought several ColorDMDs in the past.

#11126 11 days ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Just curious, but what are the complaints with Pin2Dmd?
I’ve never used their product, but that video doesn’t look bad at all. I’ve bought several ColorDMDs in the past.

Having seen bothin action I think ColorDMD looks better... Pin2DMD is pretty good but there always seems to be a little jankiness... it's probably game dependent tho.

Having installed both the software and product key situation on Pin2DMD is annoying to me. If your seller supplies the files or preloads everything that's cool but tracking down the files for my buddies game kinda sucked and even when we did and threw the colorist a donation we still haven't gotten the color working.

The Pin2DMD price is nice and if you're the kind of guy who's got a lot of patience for making things work (or a good source) tho Pin2DMD sure beats no display at all. But ColorDMD is better and for a couple hundo extra I'll take better and easier and working any day.

#11127 11 days ago

I officially joined the club yesterday. I finally got it home and setup last night.

IMG_6912 (resized).jpegIMG_6912 (resized).jpegIMG_6914 (resized).jpegIMG_6914 (resized).jpegIMG_6916 (resized).jpegIMG_6916 (resized).jpeg
#11128 11 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

I officially joined the club yesterday. I finally got it home and setup last night.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Both great games, now get a ColorDMD LED for it

#11129 11 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

Very nice looking example of a great game. And yes, Pinsound board and color DMD are literal game changers.

#11130 11 days ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I've always used ColorDMDs products and have 5 installed now in my games. They offere 2 types of displays LCD or LED. Easy to install. Update files are easy to find. Support is awesome. I've seen threads with Pin2DMD gripes but never read through what the issues were.

#11131 11 days ago
Quoted from ita47:I officially joined the club yesterday. I finally got it home and setup last night.

Hard to tell but it looks like someone changed out the backboard decal.

#11132 11 days ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I've always used ColorDMDs products and have 5 installed now in my games. They offere 2 types of displays LCD or LED. Easy to install. Update files are easy to find. Support is awesome. I've seen threads with Pin2DMD gripes but never read through what the issues were.

If you like to constantly tinker and deal with colorization and some frames not rendering properly...then pin2DMD is for you.

If you want turnkey installation and 0 problems and 0 tinkering....then colorDMD is for you.

Simple as that.

#11133 11 days ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

My game often has ball saves completely disabled for tournaments. We've noticed that when this is the case, the 'love never dies' insert is lit solid at the beginning of a ball, and stays that way for the entire duration of it. It turns off during bonus sequences, and works normally during attract mode. At first I thought it was a lamp matrix issue, but it also works normally when ball saves are enabled - it flashes and then turns off completely after a couple seconds - and I can't duplicate it in the lamp test; the lamp only lights when selected in the test. No other lamp (or flasher or GI, for that matter) lights it in test. Is this intentional behavior or a software bug? I've tried a factory reset and am on revision L-1, which as far as I can tell is the latest.

Still looking for an answer to this...

#11134 11 days ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

I think it's a software bug since the lamp works normally when in normal settings, Are you setting the game to tournament mode or are you just disabling ball save? I can do a test this weekend and see if my machine does the same, mine is also in version L-1

#11135 11 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

I think it's a software bug since the lamp works normally when in normal settings, Are you setting the game to tournament mode or are you just disabling ball save? I can do a test this weekend and see if my machine does the same, mine is also in version L-1

Much appreciated! We both enable tournament mode and disable the ball save.

#11136 10 days ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

Much appreciated! We both enable tournament mode and disable the ball save.

I did the tests today and the same thing happened, love never dies stays lit solid the entire game, when in normal settings love never dies works normally, I don't know if it's intentional or a bug but everything is definitely ok with your machine

#11137 10 days ago

Got my Morpheous grave mod today. This is the third one I have done over the years and he is always quick to respond, ship, and it makes a huge difference. A 2 min install too. Thanks!

IMG_1040 (resized).jpegIMG_1040 (resized).jpegIMG_1038 (resized).jpegIMG_1038 (resized).jpegIMG_1048 (resized).jpegIMG_1048 (resized).jpeg
#11138 10 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

I did the tests today and the same thing happened, love never dies stays lit solid the entire game, when in normal settings love never dies works normally, I don't know if it's intentional or a bug but everything is definitely ok with your machine

Many thanks - I'll take note of this for the future.

#11139 10 days ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Got my Morpheous grave mod today. This is the third one I have done over the years and he is always quick to respond, ship, and it makes a huge difference. A 2 min install too. Thanks!

I consider this the top one mod for Dracula, ColorDMD comes right after

#11140 10 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

Don’t forget Pinsound!

#11141 9 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Don’t forget Pinsound!

you are right, I recently bought my Dracula, looking forward to putting together these three mods

#11142 9 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Don’t forget Pinsound!

Pinsound vs PinWoofer?

#11143 9 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Pinsound vs PinWoofer?

Pinsound board offers the alternate soundtracks. That's what most people are referring to when they mention it. Not so much the speakers

#11144 9 days ago

Is it worth getting the complete pinsound kit or just the board?

#11145 9 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

Is it worth getting the complete pinsound kit or just the board?

I’d recommend getting the complete kit.
Comes with board, wiring , speakers and hardware. It’s plug and play!

#11146 9 days ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

That looks great! How can one acquire this mod?

#11148 9 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

100% agree. I have color DMD, pinsound, and a polk sub on the one of mine at home. Completely transformed the game. I’ll be putting the same on my Dracula at my office very soon. Once you play one with those it is meh playing one without. Lol

#11149 8 days ago

Gothic V2 LE incoming........!

20240420_180919 (resized).jpg20240420_180919 (resized).jpg20240420_180930 (resized).jpg20240420_180930 (resized).jpg
#11150 8 days ago
Quoted from KJS:

Gothic V2 LE incoming........![quoted image][quoted image]

Fucking eh!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Hartville, OH
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/223 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.