Black Knight: Upper Right Bank Targets Not Registering

By nk3graphix

32 days ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 32 days ago

Just picked the Black Knight ... There are 2 issues:
1) the upper right bank of drop targets are not registering ... They drop when hit, but do not reset the timer or register for magna-save (haven't gotten good enough to try and knock all 16 down at end)

2) Game sound much clunkier than my Pin*Bot & F-14 ... what I mean by that is you hear all the solenoid's popping very loud each time a flipper is used ... any ideas on how to "Sound Proof" or damp'n the solenoids? (thinking of putting a pillow or something similar)

Thanks for any advice

#2 32 days ago

Drop targets - check their switches or wipers, and from them to the board in the backbox for a broken wire.

LTG : )

#3 31 days ago

When you say you hear all the solenoids popping loudly every time a flipper is used - do you mean multiple coils fire at once, or just that flipper sound itself is loud?

#4 31 days ago

Just the flipper itself ...

#5 31 days ago
Quoted from nk3graphix:

Just the flipper itself ...

OK, I've never tried it, but here are a couple of random ideas - you could glue a piece of rubber to the coil stop that would help deaden the sound. Obviously would need to be replaced now and then. The other thing that might work is putting some light foam into the coil sleeve. Both of these would have an effect on performance of the game (the first would change how much the flipper can travel, and the second might affect speed of the plunger), but might help dramatically with the sound. Lots of times games will use rubber stoppers to keep various metal parts from smacking, which I think is usually to help with spreading the force of the impact, but it does help with sound too. Just a thought. If you try it, let us know how it works out. I don't think putting a pillow inside the machine is a great idea, tbh. Another option is to maybe line the cabinet with Mass Loaded Vinyl. Again, never tried it in a pinball machine, but it works for walls.

#6 31 days ago
Quoted from nk3graphix:

all the solenoid's popping very loud

Google is your friend:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pinball+deadening+sound+from+flippers&rlz=1C1EJFA_enUS778US778&oq=pinball+deadening+sound+from+flippers&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRifBTIHCAMQIRifBTIHCAQQIRifBTIHCAUQIRifBTIHCAYQIRifBTIHCAcQIRifBTIHCAgQIRifBTIHCAkQIRifBdIBCDg3MjBqMGo5qAIAsAIB&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

A lot of people have looked at it... most people have suggested various sound deadening foam solutions.

I wouldn't lay the foam directly on the transformer inside your game, and I wouldn't fill the whole game up to the playfield with anything, but I'd suspect you've got several inches for most of the pinball's internal space that you could safely put some sort of sound dampening stuff and not affect your pinballs operation.

1 week later
#7 23 days ago

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions ... Regarding the Drop Targets not registering, even though dropping, I followed the suggestion and found a broken wire ... a little solder (newbie at it), a few prayers, and success!!! Other than 1 bulb that will not stay lit, the Black Knight is fully functional! ... all I have left to do is to add on my customized drop target stickers and the front decal to the coin door and it'll be complete - Thanks again to all

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 1,059.00
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Annapolis, MD
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-upper-right-bank-targets-not-registering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.