Topic Stats

• 715 posts
  • 187 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Bordillo
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders
  • Topic is a super sticky!

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_7449 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0108 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20231220_183515_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_5617 (resized).png
    fake-image-analysis1 (resized).jpg
    scam (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 715 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
    #651 3 months ago

Happy new year! Let's shine a spotlight on some more scam sites and scammers:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100093990903513 (Cody Mike)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074563358621 (Dalton Williams)
    blue99.shop

#652 3 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup, it was added over a year and a half ago to the list on the first page. It's a very long list at this point, unfortunately.

I threw that up quick when I spotted the thread, but I just went to your initial list on page one. Insane how many are out there! I'm going to copy that list and add it to our website to help newcomers to the Hobby not get scammed. I just sold a Stranger Things premium I'm delivering local tomorrow and she said she just "missed out" on a stranger things premium limited for $8,000. I said you're lucky cuz that was a scam for sure. Sadly, sounds like someone was taken, yet again. Great info and thank you.

#653 3 months ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

I threw that up quick when I spotted the thread, but I just went to your initial list on page one. Insane how many are out there! I'm going to copy that list and add it to our website to help newcomers to the Hobby not get scammed. I just sold a Stranger Things premium I'm delivering local tomorrow and she said she just "missed out" on a stranger things premium limited for $8,000. I said you're lucky cuz that was a scam for sure. Sadly, sounds like someone was taken, yet again. Great info and thank you.

Yup, the list sure has grown. I'd suggest linking to it, rather than copying. The list is frequently updated, as is the content about scammers, since they are always changing their tactics once the older tactics start getting becoming less successful for them.

#654 3 months ago

I'm currently selling a machine and got the following email.
    Scammer: "I'm interested in your machine. Kindly let me know the asking price".
    Me: "I have the price listed. Feel free to make an offer".
    Scammer: "OK, the listed price sounds fine. I'm in Arizona and will have my mover agent organize a pick up from your location after you have received payment. I would like to know the condition of the item".
    Me: I described the condition in the listing. Is there something in particular you need to know?"
    Scammer: I will propose payment with an Echeck. Pick up is to occur after you have received & cleared the payment. If you accept my terms, let me have your full name, mailing address, and phone number to send payment to you asap".
    Me: Sorry, cash upon pick up".
    Scammer: "I'll propose payment with an Echeck".

That's where it ended. Apparently, he saw the ad on Mr Pinball.

#655 3 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I'm currently selling a machine and got the following email.
    Scammer: "I'm interested in your machine. Kindly let me know the asking price".
    Me: "I have the price listed. Feel free to make an offer".
    Scammer: "OK, the listed price sounds fine. I'm in Arizona and will have my mover agent organize a pick up from your location after you have received payment. I would like to know the condition of the item".
    Me: I described the condition in the listing. Is there something in particular you need to know?"
    Scammer: I will propose payment with an Echeck. Pick up is to occur after you have received & cleared the payment. If you accept my terms, let me have your full name, mailing address, and phone number to send payment to you asap".
    Me: Sorry, cash upon pick up".
    Scammer: "I'll propose payment with an Echeck".
    That's where it ended. Apparently, he saw the ad on Mr Pinball.

Lots of fun scammer keywords in there, lol

1 week later
    #656 3 months ago

Here's a new one today
    facebook.com/marketplace/item/1160444458257897/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A4cbca289-40e5-450c-9705-fad89db02046

This phone number is a dead give away. 289//272//5146

I hope people continue to go to FB and report them as scams so they are taken down.
    Cheers

#657 3 months ago
    Quoted from Gunner007:

Here's a new one today
    facebook.com/marketplace/item/1160444458257897/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A4cbca289-40e5-450c-9705-fad89db02046
    This phone number is a dead give away. 289//272//5146
    I hope people continue to go to FB and report them as scams so they are taken down.
    Cheers

It looks like the ad may have already been removed.

The best thing you can do is share the link to the poster's facebook profile, rather than just the ad (which is easily removed).

#658 3 months ago

Added to the list:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100062863055440 (Christiana Ajang, Steven Tyler)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094566890649 (Pinball machines for sale)
    t.me/pinballgames0

#659 3 months ago

not sure this one is on the list, but looks pretty fake to me, especially when I added 50 CGC Medieval Madness Toppers to the cart, lol
    pinballcop.com/product/medieval-madness-topper/ btw looking for a MM remake CGC topper for a fair enough price

#660 3 months ago

pinballthrills.com

A new thepinballcompany clone.

#661 3 months ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

not sure this one is on the list, but looks pretty fake to me, especially when I added 50 CGC Medieval Madness Toppers to the cart, lol
    pinballcop.com/product/medieval-madness-topper/ btw looking for a MM remake CGC topper for a fair enough price

Thanks--added them to the list.

Quoted from SKWilson:

pinballthrills.com
    A new thepinballcompany clone.

Strangely enough, the actual domain name is misspelled: pinballthrils.com

And they have an accompanying facebook page: facebook.com/PinballThrills

#662 3 months ago

At this point we now have a list of just over 200 scam websites, and over 240 scam social media profiles.

As always, if you spot one, post it here and I'll add it to the list. Thanks!

About every two weeks or so, I get a PM from someone saying that this thread helped prevent them from getting scammed.

I really hope the number of people getting scammed is zero or close to it, but logically speaking, if these scammers continue to create websites and profiles, it still must be worth their time and effort, unfortunately. All we can do is continue to shine a light on them and try to get them knocked offline as quickly as possible.

2 weeks later
    #664 82 days ago

Added to the list:

facebook.com/shetarun (Scott Howlett)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100087174151781 (Pinwerks; impersonating a real game repair business named Pinwerks)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=61552059364182 (Stern Pinball machines for sale)

1 week later
    #665 75 days ago

Added to the list:

instagram.com/pinballmachinesforsaleasap
    t.me/pinballmachines4sale
    instagram.com/pinball_machinee
    t.me/PinBallGamess
    pinballmachine.site
    arcadepinballpro.com
    instagram.com/thepinballgameroom

#666 73 days ago

Total scam!!

jailiselectronicsgadgetsstore.com/pinball-machines/

#667 73 days ago
    Quoted from DDZilla:

Total scam!!
    jailiselectronicsgadgetsstore.com/pinball-machines/

Thanks--added it to the list.

#668 71 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What to do if you are a victim of this scam
    We have been advised by a police detective that if you were scammed, to please contact your local police department. We have also been advised that there is at least one individual based in the US who is facing felony charges related to their participation in scamming someone trying to buy a pinball machine.
    It might not always be possible to prosecute the perpetrator(s) of the crime (since they are sometimes not located within the US), but there are still processes that can be followed to have these sites removed and help protect other potential victims.

I think I just burst a blood vessel in my eye looking at that scam list…

#669 70 days ago
    Quoted from pixelsarcade:

I think I just burst a blood vessel in my eye looking at that scam list…

They are certainly persistent...

#670 70 days ago

New one
    facebook.com/marketplace/item/1399198154323776/?mibextid=dXMIcH

#671 70 days ago
    Quoted from Gunner007:

New one
    facebook.com/marketplace/item/1399198154323776/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Yup, fake profile.

Thanks--added to the list:
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=61556624818646 (Carter Degode)

#672 66 days ago

I saw the long list of scam sites. So premiumpinballs.com is a scam? Still around since 2019? is this still the case? or info about the site?

#673 66 days ago
    Quoted from Gunner007:

So premiumpinballs.com is a scam?

Yes, it is painfully apparent.

Unfortunately, it can be tough to knock these scammer sites offline. And even if they do get knocked offline, many of them just pop right back up again. Hence the reason for the ongoing list to help keep track of them.

Obvious example for why that site is a scam site--just picking any of the photos at random and doing a reverse image search brings up search results from elsewhere. For example--the EBD listing on the scam site. The reverse image search leads back to an old Pinside ad for a game that sold several years ago. Then there's the matter of the SEO gibberish on the page (to make the site more likely to appear in search results).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/105408
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

So don't get your hopes up. Total scam. Stick to known and legitimate dealers and sellers.

#674 66 days ago

Thanks
    So many sites. Im glad i found pinside.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yes, it is painfully apparent.
    Unfortunately, it can be tough to knock these scammer sites offline. And even if they do get knocked offline, many of them just pop right back up again. Hence the reason for the ongoing list to help keep track of them.
    Obvious example for why that site is a scam site--just picking any of the photos at random and doing a reverse image search brings up search results from elsewhere. For example--the EBD listing on the scam site. The reverse image search leads back to an old Pinside ad for a game that sold several years ago. Then there's the matter of the SEO gibberish on the page (to make the site more likely to appear in search results).
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/105408
    [quoted image]
    So don't get your hopes up. Total scam. Stick to known and legitimate dealers and sellers.

#675 63 days ago

Ok got a new one. LOL this one is a deal.
    facebook.com/marketplace/item/941639720933463/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Af731518a-7b51-4b72-95c4-5c8d4f2723b3

#676 63 days ago
    Quoted from Gunner007:

Ok got a new one. LOL this one is a deal.
    facebook.com/marketplace/item/941639720933463/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Af731518a-7b51-4b72-95c4-5c8d4f2723b3

Thanks, added to the list:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=61556780096841 (Angela Markins)

#677 62 days ago

Quoted from ForceFlow:Thanks, added to the list:
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=61556780096841 (Angela Markins)

Lol I saw the same pictures being used on a different post. It was their "dad's old machine"

#678 62 days ago

Add pinballstycoon.com to the list. They’re completely full of $h!t.

#679 62 days ago
    Quoted from FreeGoldWatch:

Add pinballstycoon.com to the list. They’re completely full of $h!t.

Thanks--added it to the list.

#681 60 days ago

Added to the list:
    facebook.com/owen.peterson15 (Owen Peterson)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092217967417 (Beaulah Gagne)

#682 54 days ago

All have some new Canadian websites selling machines that are scams. A friend of mine was about to buy something wanted my opinion. After asking if we could have some friends go by to view the machines in question they tried to reduce the price and finally hung up the phone on him. Below are the two sites we have confirmed are scams.

www.buypinballmachine.ca - seems to now be down as of today

www.pinballarcademachines.ca. - still active

#683 53 days ago

Hi all,

Please be vigilant and report the following Facebook Page portraying to be my company. They are using our company name and address, but the phone number and email address are the scammers.

Report the following page. This is a scam:
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=61556328488994
    IMG_0108 (resized).pngIMG_0108 (resized).png

#684 51 days ago
    Quoted from Xpistos:

www.buypinballmachine.ca - seems to now be down as of today

Yeah, that one has been on the list for many months. Glad to hear at least one scam site is offline.

Quoted from Xpistos:

www.pinballarcademachines.ca. - still active

Thanks, added it to the list.

Quoted from hassellcastle:

Hi all,
    Please be vigilant and report the following Facebook Page portraying to be my company. They are using our company name and address, but the phone number and email address are the scammers.
    [quoted image]

Wow.

They're just straight up impersonating you now--that's crazy.

#685 50 days ago

When the seller quotes you prices that are too good to be true, well ...........
    facebook.com/groups/733067205604010

#686 49 days ago
    Quoted from out_of_order:

When the seller quotes you prices that are too good to be true, well ...........
    facebook.com/groups/733067205604010

Thanks--the person posting to the group as been added to the list:

facebook.com/tata.nelson.332 (Tata Nelson)

#687 49 days ago

facebook.com/share/yNdhU9rBZJm1AA4J/?mibextid=kL3p88

Another scammer

#688 49 days ago
    Quoted from ShadowFlame76:

facebook.com/share/yNdhU9rBZJm1AA4J/?mibextid=kL3p88
    Another scammer

Thanks, added the profile to the list:

facebook.com/tyson.dougherty (Tyson Pike)

#690 43 days ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Hi all,
    [quoted image]

Hi Hassellcastle(Craig?) sorry to bother you I just wanted to make sure that this is legit,
    as it seems to be your company, but I spoke with someone called James who said on fb chat that your website
    pinballandmore.com Was a scam site and his legit site is under maintenance…
    gave me a few pictures of machines with your b/w floor and says he can do me a deal.

Is this a scam? ⬇️
    facebook.com/PinballGameRoom
    IMG_7449 (resized).jpegIMG_7449 (resized).jpeg

#691 43 days ago
    Quoted from Harrybo77:

Is this a scam? ⬇️
    facebook.com/PinballGameRoom

That facebook profile is a scam profile. It's already on the list.

That phone number is just a google voice number operated by the scammer.

So, the scammer is calling the actual legit website a scam? Sheesh.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#692 43 days ago

Wow I was about to drop 6k so thank god I checked here. Thank you!

How the hell is this guys page still active? It has automated bot followers and likes and he’s been grooming the page since 2021. & yes he says the original page IS the scam.

#693 43 days ago
    Quoted from Harrybo77:

How the hell is this guys page still active?

Scammers know how to play the game. They're liars and manipulators by trade. And facebook seemingly does nothing when a page or profile is reported. I know I've reported it before, and I just reported it again. I'm sure others have reported it before too.

Hence the reason why the list on the first page exists to warn people about known scam websites and profiles.

Quoted from Harrybo77:

Wow I was about to drop 6k so thank god I checked here.

I would highly recommend you read through the beginning of this thread so you know what you might be getting yourself into with a potential remote sale, and how to spot some of the scams that are happening now.

#694 41 days ago

Added to the list:

facebook.com/hinksonchristian24 (Hinkson Christian Cochran)

#695 40 days ago

This page tried to follow me on Insta, no actual real world details as per all the other scam pages.

instagram.com/pinball_addicts

#696 40 days ago
    Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

This page tried to follow me on Insta, no actual real world details as per all the other scam pages.
    instagram.com/pinball_addicts

Thanks, added it to the list.

1 week later
    #697 32 days ago

Do not buy from this site, it is a clone of our site. Total scam. Look at Meet the Team page. Thats all our guys at GAP. Thes guys use all our wording , pictures, etc. This is a fake site overseas. not sure what country they are from.

flipperkaufen.de

#698 32 days ago
    Quoted from GAP:

flipperkaufen.de

Would be in Germany.

#699 31 days ago

Hi all,

Please be vigilant and report the following Facebook Page portraying to be my company. They are using my company name "Pinwerks" and address (Boca Raton, FL), but the phone number and email address are the scammers. The assholes collect random photos from other sites.

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100077572518645
    Image2 (resized).pngImage2 (resized).png

#700 31 days ago
    Quoted from MarcelG:

Hi all,
    Please be vigilant and report the following Facebook Page portraying to be my company. They are using my company name "Pinwerks" and address (Boca Raton, FL), but the phone number and email address are the scammers....
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100077572518645

What is your real Facebook page? When I try to report them as impersonating a business, Facebook is asking for the link to the legitimate business page.

EDIT: I selected the "pretending to be something" option, then I selected "a business" and entered "pinwerks". The problem is that the fake page has triple the followers as the real one, so I don't think Facebook is going to be moving quickly on this one, IMO.

Real page: facebook.com/pinwerks

There are 715 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.