IMG_6369 (resized).JPG
IMG_6370 (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
IMG_6365 (resized).JPG
IMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,602 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 133.
#6551 35 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I agree, sounds like a ribbon cable issue.
I just replaced a bad ribbon cable I got from Marco that was brand new...

does anyone know a part number for the ribbon?

#6552 35 days ago

Can you give me a link to this?

https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/topic/13143-a-better-way-using-ai-for-sound-bytes/
Listen to the crystal clear file I attached.
You'll want to use this to clean up your file. Ignore the name - you can remove either vocal or music/background noise.
https://vocalremover.org/

#6553 35 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

wms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpgwms_wpc_backbox_assembly.jpg

#6554 35 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

If one is bad, its likely all should be replaced.

Get the whole set.

#6555 35 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting - from factory, back in the 90's, they were all 0.93s. Hell, I have an NOS one that's still in it's bag somewhere over in storage. (Never used it, since it's the old style without the thermal fuse thing.)

Was the fuse kit at some point installed from factory?

#6556 34 days ago
Quoted from marschner:

Not that I'm aware of. IMHO it was an RGP 'preventative maintenance fix' way back in the day.

#6557 34 days ago
Quoted from marschner:

For the magnets?

No

Quoted from CLEllison:

https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/topic/13143-a-better-way-using-ai-for-sound-bytes/
Listen to the crystal clear file I attached.
You'll want to use this to clean up your file. Ignore the name - you can remove either vocal or music/background noise.
https://vocalremover.org/

I ran my file thru the robot and...WOW !

Thank you so much for this!

I uploaded the new version of the TAF boot.wav to the community at pinsound.

It sounds really good.

Now I guess, Ill have to run all of the original orchestration files thru it.

The end result should be STELLAR!

Get version 2 of this file here:

https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/435-addams-family-taf-bootwav/

#6558 34 days ago

For the magnets?
No

I ran my file thru the robot and...WOW !
Thank you so much for this!
I uploaded the new version of the TAF boot.wav to the community at pinsound.
It sounds really good.
Now I guess, Ill have to run all of the original orchestration files thru it.
The end result should be STELLAR!
Get version 2 of this file here:
https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/435-addams-family-taf-bootwav/

Thanks. Looks like both versions are there but it’s not clear which one is the newer cleaned up version. Is it the top one or the bottom one in the list?

IMG_5752 (resized).jpegIMG_5752 (resized).jpeg
#6559 34 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Thanks. Looks like both versions are there but it’s not clear which one is the newer cleaned up version. Is it the top one or the bottom one in the list?
[quoted image]

let me look at it
Its the top one 332.79 kbs

#6560 34 days ago

let me look at it
Its the top one 332.79 kbs

I honestly had a problem telling between the two files you posted but they both still sounded very "airy" so I used one of your files and ran it through again. Zero music and full vocal and now it's as I expected. Maybe you accidentally posted the wrong file the second time around?

#6561 34 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I honestly had a problem telling between the two files you posted but they both still sounded very "airy" so I used one of your files and ran it through again. Zero music and full vocal and now it's as I expected. Maybe you accidentally posted the wrong file the second time around?

Let me take a look again

I figured out how to remove the other files. Only one file should download now.

This one sounds the best, I ran it thru the remover again and it seems very good.

I went over there and downloaded the file, no problems.

It sounds pretty good!

Please check my work.

#6562 33 days ago

Hey y’all thing takes my ball and doesn’t return it. Here is the casing. I am wondering if I should leave this bent? Or hammer it back.
It seemed nice and tight when I removed the screws.
Once I raise the playing field the ball goes where it needs to go.
Thanks in advance for any advice

Also could you guys tell me where you have your level bubble? Can someone upload a image of it? Thanks

IMG_7632 (resized).jpegIMG_7632 (resized).jpeg
#6563 33 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

Hey y’all thing takes my ball and doesn’t return it. Here is the casing. I am wondering if I should leave this bent? Or hammer it back.
Also could you guys tell me where you have your level bubble? Can someone upload a image of it? Thanks
[quoted image]

yeah hammer that flat...its probably hanging up right at that divot/bend

#6564 33 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

yeah hammer that flat...its probably hanging up right at that divot/bend

I read some when on here to bend it like that. But I bought the machine and it can like that bent

#6565 33 days ago
Quoted from KOpinball:

[quoted image]

Yep, hammer if flat, it was flat from the factory.

No one uses bubble levels much any more.

Get a small digital torpedo level and set the playfield surface (NOT THE GLASS) to 6.5 degrees to start with.

#6566 30 days ago

Yep, hammer if flat, it was flat from the factory.
No one uses bubble levels much any more.
Get a small digital torpedo level and set the playfield surface (NOT THE GLASS) to 6.5 degrees to start with.

So it turns out that it had a small dent where the ball keeps landing. It's wasn't very easy to see, but it did have a dent where the ball falls. You could barely see the darn thing. How annoying, but thing is back up and running again.

1 week later
#6567 21 days ago

I’ve got a used original Smoke ramp in nice condition available for $150+shipping if anyone needs one and wants to keep their ramp smokes. Starship fantasy has a nice new reproduction for $184, but only option is clear if you go brand new.

#6568 20 days ago

Powered up my TAF today and got this. Anyone care to take a stab as to what might be wrong? I reset all connectors to CB's. Visually checked fuses. Will check fuses with DMM next, but thought I would see if anyone has any ideas as to where to start. No boot sound, no power to Playfield, no lights on back box. 4 LED's lit up on the Power driver board, no lights on the CPU board. Garbled display.

IMG_6365 (resized).JPGIMG_6365 (resized).JPG
#6569 20 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Will check fuses with DMM next,

I'd check the voltage test points on the driver board. See if any are low or missing.

LTG : )

#6570 20 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Powered up my TAF today and got this. Anyone care to take a stab as to what might be wrong? I reset all connectors to CB's. Visually checked fuses. Will check fuses with DMM next, but thought I would see if anyone has any ideas as to where to start. No boot sound, no power to Playfield, no lights on back box. 4 LED's lit up on the Power driver board, no lights on the CPU board. Garbled display.
[quoted image]

Quoted from LTG:

I'd check the voltage test points on the driver board. See if any are low or missing.
LTG : )

CPU has no power - no LEDs on there. So likely no +5v present anywhere.

#6571 20 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Visually checked fuses

Visually checking fuses ?

You really have to use a meter for this, fuses can fail without any visual indication.

No power to the CPU?

Fuse F-113 is the logic fuse for the 5v power, 5A 250v slo-blo, on the driver board.

I would check that one for sure first (with a meter, or just put in a new one if you dont have a meter).

I would also check the power jumper cable from the driver board, (not the ribbon, the other one with "heavier" wires) or refresh its connection at least.

If the fuse is 30 years old, it might not be a problem really.

A problem exists if the fuse keeps blowing after replacement.

#6572 20 days ago

Visually checking fuses ?
You really have to use a meter for this, fuses can fail without any visual indication.
No power to the CPU?
Fuse F-113 is the logic fuse for the 5v power, 5A 250v slo-blo, on the driver board.
I would check that one for sure first (with a meter, or just put in a new one if you dont have a meter).

That is why I followed up with "Will check fuses with DMM next"

You called it. That was the fuse, F113 SB5A per the manual. However, the fuse blew for a reason. I put a new fuse in and 3 seconds later it blew again. Time to really dig in.

Will need to find out why the fuse is blowing. Short somewhere possibly. I did not do anything to the pin, this just started happening. Maybe another electrical issue on a board or mechanical device.

#6573 19 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

That is why I followed up with "Will check fuses with DMM next"
You called it. That was the fuse, F113 SB5A per the manual. However, the fuse blew for a reason. I put a new fuse in and 3 seconds later it blew again. Time to really dig in.
Will need to find out why the fuse is blowing. Short somewhere possibly. I did not do anything to the pin, this just started happening. Maybe another electrical issue on a board or mechanical device.

Usually blown caps on the driver board relating to the 5v supply.

And maybe a bridge rectifier. Contrary to a lot of advice, shotgunning this circuit seems to solve it.

the pinwiki has some great references to the required repair.

#6574 19 days ago

Usually blown caps on the driver board relating to the 5v supply.
And maybe a bridge rectifier. Contrary to a lot of advice, shotgunning this circuit seems to solve it.
the pinwiki has some great references to the required repair.

I am leaning towards the BR's. The board was gone through in 2021 by Chris. Time to pull it out and do some TLC. Thanks for the input.

Found a good thread on this exact issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-power-drive-board-f113-blowing

#6575 19 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I am leaning towards the BR's. The board was gone through in 2021 by Chris. Time to pull it out and do some TLC. Thanks for the input.
Found a good thread on this exact issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-power-drive-board-f113-blowing

Yeah replace BR 2 maybe BR1 too while you are there.

I have a box of the bridge rectifiers but I just bought some 1000v ones off of amazon.

I put them in my Stargate and they are working really well.

But the 35A 400v ones commonly sold at Marco shouold be fine.

They even have kit to shotgun the board, price seems high, but you never know these days:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WPC-PDA12697X

#6576 19 days ago

Yeah replace BR 2 maybe BR1 too while you are there.
I have a box of the bridge rectifiers but I just bought some 1000v ones off of amazon.
I put them in my Stargate and they are working really well.
But the 35A 400v ones commonly sold at Marco shouold be fine.
They even have kit to shotgun the board, price seems high, but you never know these days:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WPC-PDA12697X

CAPS look good. Chris replaced C2,4,5 & 11. I have a few BR's from Marco or somewhere. Sounds like this is the issue. Thanks again for the quick inputs.

#6577 18 days ago

UPDATE: All back up and running. It was BR2 as pinballinreno suggested above. I removed and tested, sure enough it was the culprit. I replaced Both BR's since I had them and I was replacing 1 - mine as well do both. Cheap insurance. Up next is a complete restore of this pin. Have the CPR playfield and the cabinet is on order. Thanks to LTG and Coyote as well for inputs

IMG_6369 (resized).JPGIMG_6369 (resized).JPGIMG_6370 (resized).JPGIMG_6370 (resized).JPGIMG_6371 (resized).JPGIMG_6371 (resized).JPGIMG_6373 (resized).JPGIMG_6373 (resized).JPG

#6578 18 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

UPDATE: All back up and running. It was BR2 as pinballinreno suggested above. I removed and tested, sure enough it was the culprit. I replaced Both BR's since I had them and I was replacing 1 - mine as well do both. Cheap insurance. Up next is a complete restore of this pin. Have the CPR playfield and the cabinet is on order. Thanks to LTG and Coyote as well for inputs
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

YAY! Nice work!

#6579 16 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where are you getting your cabinet from?

#6580 16 days ago
Quoted from rsos1:

Where are you getting your cabinet from?

It takes forever but ordered from Paul at Virtuapin.net. Ordered in December and still waiting.

#6581 15 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

It takes forever but ordered from Paul at Virtuapin.net. Ordered in December and still waiting.

I ordered early october. Still waiting.

#6582 15 days ago

Woops double post

#6583 15 days ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

I ordered early october. Still waiting.

Oh, that's not good. He said when I ordered it would be March or April. Guess that is not going to happen now.

#6584 15 days ago

My restored diner is one of his cabinets and it's very nice. I'd absolutely go that route even with the wait

#6585 14 days ago

I met Christina Ricci at Steel City Con a couple of days ago. She was really nice and signed my translite (and for any Yellowjackets fans, she said that they start filming the next season in a couple of weeks).

Christina Ricci - Steel City Con - 4.12.2024 (resized).JPGChristina Ricci - Steel City Con - 4.12.2024 (resized).JPG

Christina Ricci - TAF pinball (resized).jpgChristina Ricci - TAF pinball (resized).jpg

Christina Ricci - TAF translite Wednesday (resized).jpgChristina Ricci - TAF translite Wednesday (resized).jpg

#6586 13 days ago

When the machine starts are all the thin

Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I met Christina Ricci at Steel City Con a couple of days ago. She was really nice and signed my translite (and for any Yellowjackets fans, she said that they start filming the next season in a couple of weeks).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

COOL image.. that is pretty rad.

#6587 11 days ago

I have a follow up to an issue I’m having on my Addams Family

Row 3 is out minus the Start Button (WHT/ORG)

Today I took about 3 hours of checking wires and continuity

Here are my findings:

- From Start button wht org wire to coin door interface board I have continuity J6

- From the out Wht Org to the field Nothing J1

- From any Wht Org Switch (any on Row3) to the J1 Wht Org - Nothing

In the field itself to all the switches on that row 3 with Wht Org wires they are fine and all connected with my meter in continuity

I’m sure the Coin Door Board is working as the game can start a game but everything past Start Button is dead on Row 3

Here is my manual page for the matrix
Up for suggestions

The issue just appeared one day so I’m confused as to what would of caused this issue out of the blue

Thanks in advance
James

IMG_5264 (resized).jpegIMG_5264 (resized).jpeg
#6588 11 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

- From Start button wht org wire to coin door interface board I have continuity J6

- From the out Wht Org to the field Nothing J1

- From any Wht Org Switch (any on Row3) to the J1 Wht Org - Nothing

There are two different plugs - the cabinet wires all go to the MPU on J205. Playfield switches connect to J206/J207 (Columns) and J208/J209 (Rows).
Ignore the cabinet wiring, it's not affected here. You need to test continuity between the connector on J208/209 to the playfield.

#6589 11 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

There are two different plugs - the cabinet wires all go to the MPU on J205. Playfield switches connect to J206/J207 (Columns) and J208/J209 (Rows).
Ignore the cabinet wiring, it's not affected here. You need to test continuity between the connector on J208/209 to the playfield.

So my focus here is the head connection to the field.

Thank you !

I was following the row left to right
Appreciate your help

#6590 11 days ago

So my focus here is the head connection to the field.
Thank you !
I was following the row left to right
Appreciate your help

Yup! Some things to note about the switch matrix -
The order of the switches in the matrix (11, 12, 13, 14, or 11, 21, 31, 41, ... etc) is NOT an indication of where and how the wire is routed. For example, in row #3, the White/Org wire may actually go to the Thing Eject first, then the opto board, then the swamp kickout, etc. Usually things are wired following the wire harness - whatever switch that white-orange gets to first following the wire harness, then so on. (My guess in this case? Thing Eject Lane is the first switch.)

Good luck.

#6591 11 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yup! Some things to note about the switch matrix -
The order of the switches in the matrix (11, 12, 13, 14, or 11, 21, 31, 41, ... etc) is NOT an indication of where and how the wire is routed. For example, in row #3, the White/Org wire may actually go to the Thing Eject first, then the opto board, then the swamp kickout, etc. Usually things are wired following the wire harness - whatever switch that white-orange gets to first following the wire harness, then so on. (My guess in this case? Thing Eject Lane is the first switch.)
Good luck.

Thank you !!
All set somehow way shape or form

The MPU connection wiggled out
Placed it right now back and alive n well

Wished I checked the head first before the cabinet

At any rate

Appreciate your guidance

#6592 10 days ago

Have a question for the masses …

I noticed I have quite a few bookcase reject / bounce outs

Took a look inside the entrance to the bookcase and noticed a mini post

I have the double ring plastic posts and then tucked up there is a mini post

Looked into the rubber set and shows no rubber there

Can anyone in bookcase test open the bookcase and confirm if there is a mini post

Here is my game and the rubber chart

Thanks everyone

IMG_5276 (resized).jpegIMG_5276 (resized).jpegIMG_5277 (resized).jpegIMG_5277 (resized).jpeg
#6593 9 days ago

Have a question for the masses …
I noticed I have quite a few bookcase reject / bounce outs
Took a look inside the entrance to the bookcase and noticed a mini post
I have the double ring plastic posts and then tucked up there is a mini post
Looked into the rubber set and shows no rubber there
Can anyone in bookcase test open the bookcase and confirm if there is a mini post
Here is my game and the rubber chart
Thanks everyone
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yours is correct.

#6594 9 days ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yours is correct.

Thank you !!

Thoughts on what would cause 7/10 failed attempts to bookcase subway

#6595 8 days ago

Finally got my first DMD upgrade, and I love it!

I went the Pin2DMD route. I got them from pinsider Poerber who was awesome to work with, and it was totally plug and play.

By way of review, I’ve seen videos on the ColorDMD colorizations, and I do like some of the choices made on that one vs these Pin2DMD ones, but price was my big driver between the two. Almost half the price.

I had been wanting to do this for a few years and finally pulled the trigger. One down and 2 to go. Next install is for my IJ:TPA, and GB after that.

IMG_0621 (resized).jpegIMG_0621 (resized).jpeg

#6596 8 days ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Finally got my first DMD upgrade, and I love it!
I went the Pin2DMD route. I got them from pinsider Poerber who was awesome to work with, and it was totally plug and play.
By way of review, I’ve seen videos on the ColorDMD colorizations, and I do like some of the choices made on that one vs these Pin2DMD ones, but price was my big driver between the two. Almost half the price.
I had been wanting to do this for a few years and finally pulled the trigger. One down and 2 to go. Next install is for my IJ:TPA, and GB after that.
[quoted image]

1 week later
#6597 27 hours ago

Is this what is used to illuminate the bookcase area? How is it attached?

reflector lamp (resized).jpegreflector lamp (resized).jpeg
#6598 25 hours ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Is this what is used to illuminate the bookcase area? How is it attached?
[quoted image]

Usually a 1" hex spacer on top of a post that had a nut on it.

But Ive seen them put pretty much anywhere.

There is a thread on ultra small spotlights being available now.

These look like a better alternative:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-modern-minimal-spotlight-fixture-

#6599 25 hours ago

Does anyone have a good used TAF PF that needs a bit of work for a good wall hanger and going too Pinfest PA pm me what u have

#6600 3 hours ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Tech question here; sometimes when the ball drops into the electric chair drain, it will just sit there until the machine goes through the cycle of kicking all of the solenoids. Other times it works fine. Could this be caused by a finicky micro switch?

Problem still occurs intermittently after replacing the switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

16,000 (OBO)
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 159.00
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,159.00
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

There are 6,602 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.