• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4638 (resized).jpeg
#1 37 days ago

I recently did a CPR playfield swap for a friend. No matter how I orient the kickout mechanism, the ball hits either the rubber on the right or the metal rail on the left, and goes back into the saucer repeatedly. It’s made me so crazy that I decided to take put his mech in my Rolling Stones, to see if the problem follows the mech. Just wondered if anyone has run into this problem, with or without a CPR playfield.

I’ll follow up with a slow-motion video soon. Here’s a pic of his playfield:
IMG_4638 (resized).jpegIMG_4638 (resized).jpeg

#2 37 days ago

Yep, had this issue with my Stones as well (CPR pf, clearcoated). I had to adjust (bend) the arm that kicks the ball out.

I too took slo-mo video to see where it was hitting and adjusted accordingly. I also think I rotated the assembly a little bit. And also used smaller rubber on the mini-post.

It was a huge PITA, and it's still not 100% but works almost all the time.

I'd like to see the code in the game updated to not score the saucer twice in a row without hitting another switch.

#3 37 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Yep, had this issue with my Stones as well (CPR pf, clearcoated). I had to adjust (bend) the arm that kicks the ball out.
I too took slo-mo video to see where it was hitting and adjusted accordingly. I also think I rotated the assembly a little bit. And also used smaller rubber on the mini-post.
It was a huge PITA, and it's still not 100% but works almost all the time.
I'd like to see the code in the game updated to not score the saucer twice in a row without hitting another switch.

Appreciate the tips! I’m hoping to get back to this Sunday after hosting a big tournament at my house.

#4 33 days ago

One of the problems I had with my CPR in my last project was a lack of locating holes on the back side making it difficult to properly position assemblies.
Comparing your photo to the manual it looks to me like the rubber post is slightly too far over putting it into the ball eject path. Here is a snip I took of the manual. If you still have the original playfield you may want to make some hole location measurements and compare to the new CPR.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 33 days ago

I have a nos kick out assembly of interested.

2 weeks later
#6 13 days ago

Circling back on this. I pulled my friend’s mechanism and compared it to mine. I bent the 2 little prongs that the ball rests on, and the longer arm, until it looked identical to mine. Now it works reliably. Hopefully it’ll be good once it’s installed in his game.

EDIT: the actual problem was that the arm was contacting the leaf switch on the way up, which deflected the arm slightly. I feel dumb.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-rolling-stones-saucer-kickout-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.