BC (resized).jpg
IMG_1444 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1904 (resized).jpeg
20240303_160305 (resized).jpg
There are 1,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 29.
#1351 57 days ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Doesn't the sticker read 573 and not 563? It would be from Police Force then.

Wow. You are right. I guess I need new glasses. Or more coffee. Or less Coffee. What I'm saying is......I'm a dope. LOL

Either way, some of the boards aren't original if those pics are all from the same machine.

Chris

#1352 57 days ago

I guess someone swap some boards at some point. I have not serviced any of the boards since buying the game. The seller told be the pin was from the Midwest and bought in a package deal. My wife wanted Bad Cats and we started looking for one in 2017 and finally found one in the summer 2019. I purchased replacement ramps plastics and the playfield. Now she is not sure if we should swap out the playfield.

#1353 57 days ago

Look on top of the head and see if that serial is there.

Quoted from hawkeyexx:I guess someone swap some boards at some point. I have not serviced any of the boards since buying the game. The seller told be the pin was from the Midwest and bought in a package deal. My wife wanted Bad Cats and we started looking for one in 2017 and finally found one in the summer 2019. I purchased replacement ramps plastics and the playfield. Now she is not sure if we should swap out the playfield.

#1354 57 days ago

It's the same time of Williams sticker.

#1355 57 days ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

One has last 4 serial numbers of 0190. It says Curiosity Spin and ? ? ? ? on both outlanes.

Is the full number 310190? That's very close to 310184. No serial number on the playfield? I wonder why.

#1356 57 days ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

Is the full number 310190? That's very close to 310184. No serial number on the playfield? I wonder why.

For clarification: I own 2 early production BC's.

1) #310134 I had original playfield (PF) swapped out with new CPR PF. He burnt the backside of PF and it was thrown away

2) #310190 has original PF. The outlanes read; Curiosity Spin ? ? ? ?

BTW: on both games: there are serial # stickers all over them (inside and out), all referencing their same serial numbers.

#1358 57 days ago

Good morning everyone , thought i would chime in on the bad cats serial # thing … i got one with serial #310131 …. with a manufacture date sticker on it … but i can’t read it , … maybe someone can help … also , the inside of my cabinet , and back box is black .

IMG_2768 (resized).jpegIMG_2768 (resized).jpegIMG_2771 (resized).jpegIMG_2771 (resized).jpegIMG_2875 (resized).jpegIMG_2875 (resized).jpeg
#1359 56 days ago

I’ve got #62
IMG_2971.jpegIMG_2971.jpeg

Decaled head, direct printed lower cab.

#1360 56 days ago

WOW... very interesting indeed!

Both low serial number games above (310062 & 310131) have black paint inside cabinet & head.

Ironically, both my low number games (310134 & 310190), higher than the 2 above, have no black paint on head or inside cabinet.

Pictured is 310134, and the other one 310190 is identical.

DSCN3400 (resized).JPGDSCN3400 (resized).JPG
#1361 56 days ago

Can you post a Pic of your outlanes?

Quoted from Sethman:I’ve got #62
[quoted image]
Decaled head, direct printed lower cab.

#1362 56 days ago

forgot to post the outlanes on Serial # 310131

IMG_2876 (resized).jpegIMG_2876 (resized).jpegIMG_2877 (resized).jpegIMG_2877 (resized).jpeg
#1363 56 days ago

Mine is at my parents house, but mine has the screened cabinet and head with black paint inside head but orange on inside of cab. Definitely has ? And curiosity spin

#1364 56 days ago

It's awesome to see some people share their serial numbers with the group. I'm going to inbox my CPR playfield and take some photos. I'm currently working on my car. Will post later.

#1365 56 days ago

If you go back a few pages you can see the cluster I got from cpr and then the replacement that was less shitty. Lol

Quoted from hawkeyexx:It's awesome to see some people share their serial numbers with the group. I'm going to inbox my CPR playfield and take some photos. I'm currently working on my car. Will post later.

#1366 56 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Can you post a Pic of your outlanes?

It’s the ? And curiosity spin.

#1367 56 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

If you go back a few pages you can see the cluster I got from cpr and then the replacement that was less shitty. Lol

I remember that post. I told my wife she should look at it and of course she did not.

#1368 56 days ago

Here are the CPR playfield photos.

20240303_160006 (resized).jpg20240303_160006 (resized).jpg20240303_160214 (resized).jpg20240303_160214 (resized).jpg20240303_160305 (resized).jpg20240303_160305 (resized).jpg
#1369 56 days ago

Look especially for greasy fingerprints and smudges underthr clear and the t nuts under the seafood window being cross threaded and not installed right and gouges and scratches.

Quoted from hawkeyexx:I remember that post. I told my wife she should look at it and of course she did not.

#1370 56 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Look especially for greasy fingerprints and smudges underthr clear and the t nuts under the seafood window being cross threaded and not installed right and gouges and scratches.

Thanks for your help.

#1371 53 days ago

Anyone know of a source for the Tiger Ramp ball gate wireform (part # A-13109)?

#1372 53 days ago
Quoted from andylama:

Anyone know of a source for the Tiger Ramp ball gate wireform (part # A-13109)?

Did you try The Pinball Resource? I've got wireforms from them before (not for Bad Cats though).

#1373 53 days ago

I’m pretty sure I own the earliest Bad Cats in the group. Mine was Python Anghelos personally owned prototype Bad Cats.

Note the only backglass with the regular snake that I know of, the decals added over the seafood wheel, the generic font for Raphlies doghouse.

If you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the pretty crazy story of how I got it!

IMG_1903 (resized).jpegIMG_1903 (resized).jpegIMG_1904 (resized).jpegIMG_1904 (resized).jpegIMG_1905 (resized).jpegIMG_1905 (resized).jpegIMG_1906 (resized).jpegIMG_1906 (resized).jpegIMG_1907 (resized).jpegIMG_1907 (resized).jpeg
#1374 53 days ago

Thanks!

Quoted from BrewersArcade:I’m pretty sure I own the earliest Bad Cats in the group. Mine was Python Anghelos personally owned prototype Bad Cats.
Note the only backglass with the regular snake that I know of, the decals added over the seafood wheel, the generic font for Raphlies doghouse.
If you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the pretty crazy story of how I got it! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1375 52 days ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I’m pretty sure I own the earliest Bad Cats in the group. Mine was Python Anghelos personally owned prototype Bad Cats.
If you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the pretty crazy story of how I got it! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ahhh, yours has the special light at the outlanes. idealjoker yours must be an early run machine for sure then.

#1376 51 days ago
Quoted from interconnect:

yours must be an early run machine for sure then.

That explains why the game came with LA-2 ROMs installed. Interestingly, those are not available on IPDB (but easy to find anyway). The seller told me that the game was kept in storage for many years which is why the PF and mechs are in such great shape. It was a snap decision at Pinfest a couple of years ago -- I saw the game and loved the way it looked. I did not try to negotiate and so I always suspected that I may have overpaid. I don't think so anymore.

#1377 51 days ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

That explains why the game came with LA-2 ROMs installed. Interestingly, those are not available on IPDB (but easy to find anyway). The seller told me that the game was kept in storage for many years which is why the PF and mechs are in such great shape. It was a snap decision at Pinfest a couple of years ago -- I saw the game and loved the way it looked. I did not try to negotiate and so I always suspected that I may have overpaid. I don't think so anymore.

Invaluable is invaluable!

#1378 47 days ago

Just picked up my 2nd Bad cats. First one was spectacular with all orange painted main cab and head.
This new one has a painted silk screened cabinet but the head was decaled.
Anyone in the group have just the head decals? Pm me if so.
Meoooowwwss!!!!

IMG_1444 (resized).jpegIMG_1444 (resized).jpeg
#1379 46 days ago

We still have seafood windows in stock.

#1380 46 days ago

Quick question.
I am in the middle planning my PF swap and was wondering if there are image files available of the playfield decals.

This way I can have them printed locally. Getting them shipped from abroad seems pretty pricey.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1527-575

BC (resized).jpgBC (resized).jpg Added 32 days ago:

Edit : Bit the bullet and ordered abroad anyways.
When decals arrive I'll make a high res scan and make the files available through Pinside if needed.

2 weeks later
#1381 29 days ago

After much thought and having to make room for other games , i am going to sell my Bad Cats … there are a few pictures about a month back , when the discussion was about outlane questions … mine has the ? …. anyway , PM me and we can discuss it … I don’t want to ship it … prefer local pickup … asking 5300… Thanks

IMG_2765 (resized).jpegIMG_2765 (resized).jpegIMG_2766 (resized).jpegIMG_2766 (resized).jpegIMG_2767 (resized).jpegIMG_2767 (resized).jpegIMG_2771 (resized).jpegIMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
#1382 29 days ago

Good looking unit for that price.

Quoted from NovaNut66:After much thought and having to make room for other games , i am going to sell my Bad Cats … there are a few pictures about a month back , when the discussion was about outlane questions … mine has the ? …. anyway , PM me and we can discuss it … I don’t want to ship it … prefer local pickup … asking 5300… Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 weeks later
#1383 13 days ago

WHere is the best place for decals? I see Jeff has them at classic but not sure on the color?

Thanks!

#1384 13 days ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

WHere is the best place for decals? I see Jeff has them at classic but not sure on the color?
Thanks!

I think Marco and Planetary get from Jeff, so......... you may end up getting them anyway. I could be wrong.

Chris

#1385 13 days ago

Does anyone have blades, either art or mirror in their bad cats? I've got them in almost every other game....

#1386 12 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Does anyone have blades, either art or mirror in their bad cats? I've got them in almost every other game....

Mine has mirror blades, but it came that way when I bought it.
While I do think it looks nice, I probably wouldn't have purchased/installed them myself.

One downside to them is that they are somewhat thick, and have a rough edge, so when laying the PF back down after servicing, the rough edge catches the black vinyl wrap on the side rails and tears them up a little bit each time. It's hard to avoid. Fortunately, the cosmetic damage doesn't show when the PF is down, but it annoys me, knowing it's there.

#1387 11 days ago

Hello,kindred Cats>I am a new owner of a very fine Bad Cats! I see adds for new speech roms,and wanted to know if any of them are worth the trouble? Thanks for reading, back to the prowl!

#1388 11 days ago

As far as I know, there is only one version (L-1) of the speech ROMs.

#1389 11 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,kindred Cats>I am a new owner of a very fine Bad Cats! I see adds for new speech roms,and wanted to know if any of them are worth the trouble? Thanks for reading, back to the prowl!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cat-s-meow-a-new-home-rom-for-bad-cats

#1390 10 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hi hawkmoon,
AFAIK, there is only one version of the sound/speech ROM, however there is a very new game code ROM (The Cat's Meow by IdealJoker) that is absolutely worth having. It fixes the broken scoring system of the stock game, among other things.

Follow the link posted by hawkeyexx above.

Oh, and congrats! It's a really fun game! I'm loving mine.

#1391 10 days ago

And if you need pre-programmed ROMs of The Cat’s Meow / TCM, just send me a PM.

#1392 10 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I ordered my Bad Cats art blades from:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/bad-cats-pinball-sideblades/

At first they seemed a bit sparse but now I think they blend well with the rest of the game. (The one sided whiskers are odd though). You may notice a few other playfield mods I've made too!

6 Bad Cats with Playfield Protector (resized).JPG6 Bad Cats with Playfield Protector (resized).JPGBad Cats - 2 (resized).jpgBad Cats - 2 (resized).jpg
#1393 7 days ago

Hi guys,
I've been getting my Cats dialed in, and the game is playing really well. I'm just chasing the last couple of minor ghosts out of the machine.
I'm hoping someone here can help me with these last little nuisances:

1. Solenoid 10 (playfield GI) does nothing. The previous owner meatball-soldered the wires onto the underside of the relay board (WHY?!), and I suspect they are in the wrong places. (see attached picture) I'm going to replace this ruined relay board and re-terminate the wires in a new connector. Can someone confirm the correct wire positions? I can't find that level of detail in the manual schematics.

2. Solenoid 14 (BAD CATS Backglass Flashers x4) also does nothing. All other flashers in the game work fine. Even though the Aux Power board is a modern Kohout reproduction, I suspect the Q5 driver transistor (TIP36C) may be burnt out. Does anyone know of any other components or interconnect points I should look at that might cause these flashers to not fire?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Andy

GI_relay_b (resized).jpgGI_relay_b (resized).jpg
#1394 5 days ago

Old playfield is up on Ebay : ebay.com link: itm

#1395 5 days ago

I'd like it but shipping from wherever you are probably going to suck.

#1396 5 days ago

Yikes,
I do not like those art blades at all.

#1397 5 days ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Yikes,
I do not like those art blades at all.

They might win the award for Worst Art Blades I Have Seen To Date™️.

I think if anything, this is a game that desperately needs lightning flippers rather than Classic Bally see through flippers like that. Just my two cents.

#1398 5 days ago
Quoted from andylama:

2. Solenoid 14 (BAD CATS Backglass Flashers x4) also does nothing. All other flashers in the game work fine. Even though the Aux Power board is a modern Kohout reproduction, I suspect the Q5 driver transistor (TIP36C) may be burnt out. Does anyone know of any other components or interconnect points I should look at that might cause these flashers to not fire?

You can pretty easily test those TIP36Cs, but if I'm not mistaken usually when TIP36Cs go bad they lock on rather than the other way around, usually blowing a fuse. Before you go too far down the rabbit hole, check all of your wires. It could very easily be that a wire that daisy chains power from another part of the game has just come loose.

#1399 5 days ago
Quoted from radial_head:

You can pretty easily test those TIP36Cs, but if I'm not mistaken usually when TIP36Cs go bad they lock on rather than the other way around, usually blowing a fuse. Before you go too far down the rabbit hole, check all of your wires. It could very easily be that a wire that daisy chains power from another part of the game has just come loose.

Thanks for that.
As for the PF GI relay, I figure the wires go through the C to NC contacts of the relay, but is it:

YEL --> YEL/WHT
VIO --> VIO/WHT

I really want to restore the wires to 'factory order' on a new connector.

Thanks again!

#1400 4 days ago

If anyone in the US has an old playfield they want to sell....I'm buying, trading, whatever you want to do. I can get you a label to ship, it's actually pretty cheap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-everyone-welcome/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.