Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 743 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif
    There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
    #701 3 months ago

First episode of Survivor Australia is live

#703 3 months ago

If you have a VPN connection, you can watch it free on Austrialian TV or you could just download the episode online if you know some sites.

1 week later
    #704 81 days ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

First episode of Survivor Australia is live

And as usual this season of Australian Survivor is 10X better than the recent American Survivor seasons.

#705 81 days ago

YUP!

Quoted from Flipsteen:

And as usual this season of Australian Survivor is 10X better than the recent American Survivor seasons.

#706 81 days ago

what season is this, 9?

#707 81 days ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

what season is this, 9?

Australian Season 11

#708 81 days ago
    Quoted from Flipsteen:

Australian Season 11

Got it. Looks like the first 2 seasons were on a different network so while it's season 11 overall, the last 9 were on "Network 10", so when you go to the latest season there (Jan 2024) it says Season 9.

Can't wait to watch it, it's soooo much better than the USA woke crap...

#709 80 days ago

I can't understand why it's so hard to see AU survivor in the USA, I tried a VPN with 10Play and it says I can't watch with a VPN.

#710 80 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

I can't understand why it's so hard to see AU survivor in the USA, I tried a VPN with 10Play and it says I can't watch with a VPN.

Were you Vpn'ing through Austrialia? You can't be going through the US.

#711 80 days ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Were you Vpn'ing through Austrialia? You can't be going through the US.

Yes

#712 80 days ago

I just tested it. It worked for me.

I VPN through Sydney and clicked on this link https://10play.com.au/australian-survivor

What happens when you do that?

#713 80 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

How good is your vpn? is it a free one? Those can be garbage.
    Nord works 100% but it’s like $40 for a year.

Just finished episode six.
    This season is fantastic so far.

#714 80 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

I can't understand why it's so hard to see AU survivor in the USA

It was on Paramount+ very briefly, but then they yanked it.

#715 80 days ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Can't wait to watch it, it's soooo much better than the USA woke crap...

The last few seasons of America are barely watchable with the last season a liitle better. But still doesn't come close to Australian survivor in contestants, challenges and everything that we love about Survivor.

#716 80 days ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It was on Paramount+ very briefly, but then they yanked it.

The only reason I subscribed to Paramount+ Jeff Probst (exec producer) probably had it yanked.

#717 80 days ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How good is your vpn? is it a free one? Those can be garbage.
    Nord works 100% but it’s like $40 for a year.
    Just finished episode six.
    This season is fantastic so far.

Thanks, I was using one called 'Private Internet VPN' and it didn't let me sign up for 10Play.

I just signed up for Nord and it works!!

#718 79 days ago

For a phycologist, Kellie sure is stupid

#719 79 days ago
    Quoted from Flipsteen:

The only reason I subscribed to Paramount+ Jeff Probst (exec producer) probably had it yanked.

Jeff might not want American audiences to see how good AU is compared to US. It’s like WNBA vs NBA.

#720 79 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

Jeff might not want American audiences to see how good AU is compared to US. It’s like WMBA vs NBA.

For sure.

#721 79 days ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

For a phycologist, Kellie sure is stupid

and ranks up there for most annoying amongst all survivors in all seasons.

#722 79 days ago
    Quoted from Flipsteen:

and ranks up there for most annoying amongst all survivors in all seasons.

Definitely want to sit next to her at final tribal though

#723 78 days ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Definitely want to sit next to her at final tribal though

Yes and why those annoyings last so long in the game. She double downed on that role in the last episode.

1 week later
    #724 65 days ago

Anyone else having issues with DL or iptv on the Australian show? Past couple episodes not showing up

Never mind all showed tonight

1 week later
    #725 58 days ago

Wow the new US season... just wow

#726 54 days ago

This Australia season is fantastic
    So many dangerous players

#727 54 days ago

Trying to put my finger on why AU is so much better than US version. I think they show a lot more behind the scenes strategy and allow the players to shine with more candid interactions.

The US each episode must be edited down to the exact second so a lot of the nuances are missing.

Plus less woke contestants in AU you don’t see as much of “lets get all the xyz race or gender together and vote out the other gender or race groups”.

#728 53 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

Plus less woke contestants

This is where US Survivor went to shit in my opinion.

It used to have genuine assholes interspersed. I loved watching the dickheads get their come- uppance when they got voted out.

Now it's all kumbaya with everyone strategizing in woke harmony.

Jeff now finds the word "guys"offensive.

#729 53 days ago

US challenges have zero physical confrontations against other players which makes it duller

Seasons are also too short

Not enough hot people, just social media clowns

Also Jonathan is a better interviewer than Jeff now

Australia has solved all of USA problems, I’m loving this season…

#730 53 days ago

These 2 for me - the cast is awful and it has nothing to do with race or skin color. They seem like they are straight out of the LA audition line. Jeff has become super lame...

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Not enough hot people, just social media clowns
    Also Jonathan is a better interviewer than Jeff now

#731 52 days ago

I'll have to see if I can watch the down under version. I started watching the U.S. version mid 2000's, have since watched the earlier seasons. The past few years ~ post covid, it went down hill for the very reasons stated. I'm almost at the point to stop watching, makes me nauseous. I have been always disappointed at the end and the winner: even worse!

1 week later
    #732 42 days ago

I just finished AU Survivor Blood v Water. It was very good although I could’ve cared less about all the family greeting and phone calls in the last episode which was dragging it out too long.

No spoilers:
    I was surprised by the final vote because I didn’t think the winner had that good of a resume compared to the others but as well as myself the two losers two didn’t have a single clue about the outcome or they wouldn’t have brought the winner to the end.

#733 42 days ago

Is this season of Survivor looking good so far? I've been taping episodes but haven't started--so many options these days

#734 40 days ago
    Quoted from Blakester:

Is this season of Survivor looking good so far? I've been taping episodes but haven't started--so many options these days

I only watched the first episode and a half so far, it's been a bit low priority for me too, but it seems about on par with the previous ones, so depending on what you thought of those will determine it.

1 week later
    #735 31 days ago
    Quoted from Blakester:

Is this season of Survivor looking good so far?

depends. have you enjoyed the show since they changed the format and started casting only nerds and where all the challenges are basically kindergarten playground olympics? then you'll like it. if you like old school Survivor with grit and drama and jerks and hotties, you'll hate it. i hate it.

#736 31 days ago
    Quoted from Blakester:

It's good in a shit show kind of way.

#737 30 days ago

First season I have not been able to watch... just dont like the players

Quoted from woodpost:

depends. have you enjoyed the show since they changed the format and started casting only nerds and where all the challenges are basically kindergarten playground olympics? then you'll like it. if you like old school Survivor with grit and drama and jerks and hotties, you'll hate it. i hate it.

#738 30 days ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

First season I have not been able to watch... just dont like the players

I haven’t seen the newest one but it seems like they’ve been shying away from the blue collar Joe Sixpack (like Boston Rob) or the jocks and more to the social justice warriors and pencil pushers. Last season I watched there were 3-4 lawyers while the adult population of the US is more like 1 out of 200 people are lawyers. Suppose there were 3-4 doctors on one season wouldn’t that seem odd?

#739 30 days ago

I made it through 1.5 episodes with my wife. We absolutely loved the most recent Australian season.

I think I have seen half of the cast cry so far - my guess is at least 2 will drop out of the game without being voted. Really boring people look like most came from an audition line in LA.

Quoted from rai:

I haven’t seen the newest one but it seems like they’ve been shying away from the blue collar Joe Sixpack (like Boston Rob) or the jocks and more to the social justice warriors and pencil pushers. Last season I watched there were 3-4 lawyers while the adult population of the US is more like 1 out of 200 people are lawyers. Suppose there were 3-4 doctors on one season wouldn’t that seem odd?

#740 30 days ago

Just had to look it up here’s what I’m talking about:

Survivor” Season 45 premiered on CBS on Sept. 27. This year's 18-person cast features competitors from ages 23 to 49, including three lawyers….

So one out of 6 people were lawyers (not sure if this counted a law student that I think was there).

Just by random odds you’d likely see one lawyer every 10 seasons and you’d see more construction workers or truck drivers etc. but maybe lawyers have more free time.

#741 30 days ago
    Quoted from rai:

Just had to look it up here’s what I’m talking about:
    Survivor” Season 45 premiered on CBS on Sept. 27. This year's 18-person cast features competitors from ages 23 to 49, including three lawyers….
    So one out of 9 people were lawyers (not sure if this counted a law student that I think was there).
    Just by random odds you’d likely see one lawyer every 10 seasons and you’d see more construction workers or truck drivers etc. but maybe lawyers have more free time.

It shouldn't be surprising lawyers are severely overrepresented on Survivor.

The show casts people who are good talkers--likely to be good narrators in confessionals. That's a skill more prevalent in attorneys than the general population.

The show casts people who can strategize--a fundamental part of most attorneys' jobs.

The show casts people with lots of self-confidence, whether deserved or not--again, most attorneys do not lack for self-confidence.

Finally, the show ONLY casts people who can take five weeks off work. Lawyers tend to have this flexibility to a larger extent than most other professions.

3 weeks later
    #742 9 days ago

Hey fairplay really enjoyed your interview with Tyson. How was the pinball garage?

#743 8 days ago

This season heated up this week!

There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.