IMG_3536 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4100 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5675 (resized).jpeg
There are 356 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 31 days ago

Thanks for the stream. Seeing it in action was awesome. This is the type of game I gravitate towards and everyone seemed to be enjoying it on the stream. I hope the rumors about it going to MGC are true and I'll get a chance to play it next weekend.

#252 31 days ago

Very heavy handed with the vegemite! And no butter on the bread? That was cruel.

#253 31 days ago

I'd probably enjoy the Vegemite, I guess I'll have to find some so I can try it.

#254 31 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'd probably enjoy the Vegemite, I guess I'll have to find some so I can try it.

It's great !

https://www.amazon.com/Vegemite-220g-Two-Pack-Australian/dp/B00C6817HY/ref=asc_df_B00C6817HY/

LTG : )

#255 31 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Thanks for the stream. Seeing it in action was awesome. This is the type of game I gravitate towards and everyone seemed to be enjoying it on the stream. I hope the rumors about it going to MGC are true and I'll get a chance to play it next weekend.

Give Bug a call and annoy him and he’ll bring it.

rd

#256 31 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Very heavy handed with the vegemite! And no butter on the bread? That was cruel.

Nah, that’s Vegemite lite!!

No butter .. oh well, can’t have everything! I had to work with what they had.

Vegemite is the nectar of the gods! Maybe.

Well, probably not.

But I like it!

rd

#257 31 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Give Bug a call and annoy him and he’ll bring it.
rd

Ha! Just sent him a text. I feel as though it's a little too late to call.

#258 31 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Well, probably not.
But I like it!
rd

From what I read it's a byproduct of brewing and there is no sugar added. So it seems as though it would be something I'd enjoy

#259 31 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Well, probably not.
But I like it!
rd

Vegemite lite? Ah you did take it easy on them. I'd never heard of it before, quick Google came up with this lmao....

Screenshot_20240329-152731_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240329-152731_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#260 31 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ha! Just sent him a text. I feel as though it's a little too late to call.

Haha I didn’t mean call him now at 11.30pm hahaha

Good on ya Doug!

rd

#261 31 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Vegemite lite? Ah you did take it easy on them. I'd never heard of it before, quick Google came up with this lmao....[quoted image]

No, it’s normal Vegemite.

I was meaning it was on there pretty light.

I have twice as much as that. Waste of time otherwise!

rd

#262 31 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Haha I didn’t mean call him now at 11.30pm hahaha
Good on ya Doug!
rd

I do my best to not procrastinate.

#263 31 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I do my best to not procrastinate.

Gotta do it while the irons hot!

rd

#264 31 days ago

Any more streams planned for the weekend?

#265 30 days ago

Such a fun stream! Ccmon Spooky make this game! Wife and I absolutely loved it at TPF. Just a great game for any level of player. And thanks Brad for walking us through the game and taking time for us. Dave and Brad are class acts. Best souvenir from TPF by far!

Repost from knapparcade.

“The Ace of Spades!” ♠️ First Gameplay Stream of New Motörhead Homebrew Pinball Machine
Last night, the fine folks at Spooky Pinball did the first ever gameplay stream of the awesome new Motörhead on the Bug's Scream N Stream Twitch channel.

The machine, designed by the New Zealand pinhead Dave Peck, is a super fast, single-level game that shows live concert footage on the LCD display on the backbox. The awesome art was done by the Texas artist Brad Albright and code was done by the Spooky Pinball coder Matt Kemp.

Below is a link to an earlier article that I wrote about this cool game and a link to the stream:

New Motorhead Home Brew Pinball Machine Coming to Texas Pinball Festival

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/new-motorhead-home-brew-pinball-machine-coming-to-texas-pinball-festival

Twitch Stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2104369338?tt_medium=mobile_web_share&tt_content=vod

IMG_7257 (resized).jpegIMG_7257 (resized).jpegIMG_7845 (resized).jpegIMG_7845 (resized).jpegIMG_3632 (resized).jpegIMG_3632 (resized).jpeg
#266 30 days ago

The game looks very fun. I think if you added a well placed rubber or standup target you could bounce the ball back into play between the scissor flippers. (Maybe cut a slot in the apron)

#267 30 days ago
Quoted from driph:

Any more streams planned for the weekend?

Nope, that’s it … the replay will be up on Bugs stream page. I think it’s up for a week to watch?

Here it is!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2104432888

rd

#268 30 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The game looks very fun. I think if you added a well placed rubber or standup target you could bounce the ball back into play between the scissor flippers. (Maybe cut a slot in the apron)

But then it wouldn’t be so humiliating!

I’m going to put a switch down there so when you get scizzored the game knows and will give you “some advice” about it. Lol

rd

#269 30 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But then it wouldn’t be so humiliating!
I’m going to put a switch down there so when you get scizzored the game knows and will give you “some advice” about it. Lol
rd

That’s a really good idea, maybe hide it in a cut out on the apron somehow. Do something like Metallica fuel size target.

#270 30 days ago

Someone posted on the stream last night (I was reading along ..) that there should be a ball save on the right because you can get pop-bitched (lol) down there …

There is a save .. similar to RZ and ACNC, you have the SAVE letters on the inlanes/outlanes. So the idea is to prime them up by spelling S-A-V and then when the ball is near the outlane you have the blank letter there ready to light and complete SAVE should the ball sail down there. That gives you a 10 second ball save.

It’s quite the art to master that, but if you can you’ll get big scores on ACNC and RZ.

rd

#271 30 days ago

seems like a cut in the apron with a rectangular stand up flush with the rest would work. Code would be something like if fist fire andif right flippers open andif switch activated within x milliseconds, "YOU GOT FISTED". Or maybe an inductive switch under the playfield so it's not obvious there is a switch there

one of these
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#272 30 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

seems like a cut in the apron with a rectangular stand up flush with the rest would work. Code would be something like if fist fire andif right flippers open andif switch activated within x milliseconds, "YOU GOT FISTED". Or maybe an inductive switch under the playfield so it's not obvious there is a switch there
one of these
[quoted image]

Already worked out how to do it with a normal switch below the lower flipper and a ball guide near the apron to steer it over the switch. Nice and simple, should work well!

rd

#273 30 days ago

I have to say, how do you conjur the ghost of Centaur?, with the Ghost of Lemmy, of course. This thing was fast and brutal and fun at TPF... having outlane save treatments that felt very "Centaurish" and the black white red color palet... this is metal and steel and balls out fun. Haggis who? I want a Motorhead.

#274 30 days ago

Vegemite just makes me think of the paste from Snowpiercer

#275 30 days ago

I only saw the last 30 minutes of the stream, but game looks awesome. I’ve been a huge fan of early 80s Ballys, and the fact there are becoming so many options that blend old school hybrid layouts with modern rules/mechs is awesome.

Are there rules/goals for the “upper” area? Obviously there’s the bash toy, but I couldn’t tell what was going on around the pop. Most times the ball fell through that area from the lanes without making any contact. Wish there was something at least semi user controlled to make hitting/aiming for the area to the right of the bash meaningful.

Amazing effort, I hope I get to play this someday.

#276 30 days ago

Also I didn’t realize the head sculpt up the middle moved with hits. Looked great in action

#277 30 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Are there rules/goals for the “upper” area? Obviously there’s the bash toy, but I couldn’t tell what was going on around the pop. Most times the ball fell through that area from the lanes without making any contact. Wish there was something at least semi user controlled to make hitting/aiming for the area to the right of the bash meaningful.

Ok .. so you can shoot the Snaggle head and the left X and the pop from the bottom flippers.

You can also shoot either orbit, hold in both flipper buttons and the orbit post comes up. Left orbit goes to left X (and left of top pop), right orbit goes to right X (and right of top pop) generally.

There is also a big magnet in front of the Snaggle throwing the ball around A LOT.

So your aims up there:

- hit the head for a MB and also used in modes.

- top pop changes mode selection, and is used in modes too

- the MOTOR targets to the right of the pop start fast scoring, and are also the aim in the Motörhead Multiball (the one from under the flipper). Hit all the MOTOR HEAD targets to score points and light the Super.

I’ve tried to put points all round the playfield … and make the Snaggle shot not a “gimme” …. Otherwise people would just bash it up the middle all day long.

Nobody really tore it up on stream (previous GC was 79m down to 4th at 50m) … I wiped the scores before the stream) because Kemp had put some code in the game that changed BUG to AJ but that backfired when it crashed the game instead of changing the initials hahaha.

Pro tip - don’t put trick code in 30 mins before the stream. Haha.

rd

#278 30 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also I didn’t realize the head sculpt up the middle moved with hits. Looked great in action

Yeah it’s a bit like Well Walker in TWD.

Bounces up and down when hit.

rd

#279 30 days ago

There are lots of little details in this game that create “ah ha!” moments when you discover them. Some are rules based and some are from the geometry.

For example hitting those top MOTOR targets, when you’re trying to get them, you realise there’s actually quite a few tactics.

(This pic is of the original prototype playfield (the fist mech and sculpt was nicked for the TPF game!) but the points below still apply)

IMG_3710 (resized).jpegIMG_3710 (resized).jpeg

- using the upper flipper you can hit the lower targets (T, O, and R) by bouncing off the Skull target just above the loop shot. This often ricochets up to get the upper ones (M and O) too
- as RD mentioned you can shoot directly up the left X top lane from the bottom right flippers, then nudge the ball over to the right X, collecting a Bonus X multiplier and put the ball on to the top right of the pop and into M and O
- hitting the lower right corner of Snaggletooth (the bash toy) will also glance over
- shoot an orbit and hold both flipper buttons to raise the top up post and get the ball in either top lane
- hit Snaggletooth directly, activate the magnet (which is in “fling” mode) to create sideways movement up there. This is more risky as it can fling in other directions too.
- start a multiball and send as many as you can up there
- we did also experiment with a version where any target hit up there can spot a letter, but found that was way too easy for the reward. Things like this could be added back in as a menu option though, maybe you have to hit them more times or something.

#280 30 days ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Had to get this! F-I-S-T-I-N-G!!!
[quoted image]

Yep , I decided to get Fisted also
Will look great in my Heavy Metal Meltdown

Just Hope it Fits

#281 30 days ago

Bug made a scissoring compilation video!

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/ykWDT85pgXo6eysY/?mibextid=WC7FNe

rd

#282 30 days ago

This is such smart design, you better be slow rolling us and Spooky already has the Motorhead license.

#283 29 days ago

I wish I was that clever.

Man, all I have to say is I’m overwhelmed with how positive this whole thing has been. The game got 1000 plays at TPF, people kept coming back for more.

I was totally prepared for “where’s the ramps” “why are the pops there??” because the NIB newbs these days don’t know any different. One guy on the stream said “wow you can shoot that loop over and over?” Must have never played The Shadow. Or Getaway. lol

I know the game is not going to be for everyone … but hopefully for people who are into it, it’s a fun time and they’ll keep pushing the start button!

rd

#284 29 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Man, I have have to say is I’m overwhelmed with how positive this thing has been. The game got 1000 plays at TPF, people kept coming back for more.
I was totally prepared for “where’s the ramps” “why are the pops there??” because the NIB newbs these days don’t know any different. One guy on the stream the other day said “wow you can shoot that loop over and over?” Must have never played The Shadow. Or Getaway. lol
I know the game is not going to be for everyone .. but hopefully for people who are into it, it’s a fun time and they’ll keep pushing the start button!
rd

Rotor Dave,
What you have acheived is worthy of the effort, you have inserted yourself into the history of two things you love, Motorhead and pinball, and now you will FOREVER be remembered as "the dude who built the Motorhead pinball machine" - a tribute to Lemmy, flatwoods, and some of the heaviest of metal around. If that don't make yer nipples burst through your leather vest with pride, I know of nothing that will. Great job from everyone on the team and thanks for footing the bill to let us play it.
BH

#285 29 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

because the NIB newbs these days

It's not lost on us old farts, but even a NIB newb should have played all of Elwins loopers, so I would question that guys cred right up front. We talked about the scissor flippers and the last time they were used in a machine... that should be the focus of most peoples WTF moments on MH (can we start calling it MH?) and we saw what you were doing with those lower pops, ya bastard, so we (the old farts) were already one step ahead of you... just shake it!

#286 29 days ago
Quoted from m4tt:

There are lots of little details in this game that create “ah ha!” moments when you discover them. Some are rules based and some are from the geometry.
For example hitting those top MOTOR targets, when you’re trying to get them, you realise there’s actually quite a few tactics.
(This pic is of the original prototype playfield (the fist mech and sculpt was nicked for the TPF game!) but the points below still apply)
[quoted image]
- using the upper flipper you can hit the lower targets (T, O, and R) by bouncing off the Skull target just above the loop shot. This often ricochets up to get the upper ones (M and O) too
- as RD mentioned you can shoot directly up the left X top lane from the bottom right flippers, then nudge the ball over to the right X, collecting a Bonus X multiplier and put the ball on to the top right of the pop and into M and O
- hitting the lower right corner of Snaggletooth (the bash toy) will also glance over
- shoot an orbit and hold both flipper buttons to raise the top up post and get the ball in either top lane
- hit Snaggletooth directly, activate the magnet (which is in “fling” mode) to create sideways movement up there. This is more risky as it can fling in other directions too.
- start a multiball and send as many as you can up there
- we did also experiment with a version where any target hit up there can spot a letter, but found that was way too easy for the reward. Things like this could be added back in as a menu option though, maybe you have to hit them more times or something.

Thanks for posting all of this! Like I said, I only watched the last portion of the stream, and in that segment the ball almost exclusively came down the left upper lane and went straight through the upper area without hitting anything. It made me feel like that pop area was wasted/dead space, but what I'm hearing is that I didn't see a representative sample size. And that there are ways/reasons to get the ball to that area. Cool!

Quoted from rotordave:

Well, you may not be *that* clever, but you were pretty damn clever in the playfield/rule design. Bringing back the scissors itself was cool, but now adding a switch so the game can taunt you for losing your ball that way is great. I love the idea of it making fun of you for getting fisted - my only suggestion would be to tone down how often it calls out the same fisted line. Again, maybe this was just the small segment of the stream I saw, but dude was telling you guys that you were fisted non-stop. Maybe if there were some similar callouts to play on rotation, or save the fisted for when you "get" fisted? I just wouldn't want to lessen the impact of that line because it's funny as hell.

Anyway, the other part I loved, that I'm not sure I've seen anyone commenting on, is the "shake it" lane. Turning off the tilt via software and encouraging the player to shake the hell out of the game to avoid a 50/50 drain is brilliant. So unique and cool. WELL PLAYED!

And obviously the under flipper ball lock is cool too. Unfortunately during the part I watched, nobody went for that. I think I only saw one ball get locked under there, and you could tell it wasn't on purpose. I was hoping to see what that multiball was like. You guys need to play better. LOL

Like I said earlier - I really hope I get to play this some day!

#287 29 days ago

Those scissor flippers were F'n up everyone's day! Definitely another skill to mastering those.

#288 29 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Those scissor flippers were F'n up everyone's day! Definitely another skill to mastering those.

They are a "don't trap up" remedy looking for a problem to solve... or lets go against every ounce of your pinball intuition and skill and MAKE you raise those flippers like a fool... every time. It always took about 2 bucks in quarters before I would stop scissoring myself on the double flipper machines back in the day.

#289 29 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

my only suggestion would be to tone down how often it calls out the same fisted line

Yep! I’m re-recording the audio soon and have a bunch more content (there’s already like 640 in there now)

The Lemmy call-outs in the game were recorded in the voice guys lounge, three hours drive from my place - and my recording mic popped itself when I arrived. I had to do them with a snowball and to be honest, it’s lucky I could clean them up with software to even make them usable! When I first listened to them it was “ohhhh nooooo!” They came up pretty good considering.

So even more of that stuff coming!

rd

#290 29 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Unfortunately during the part I watched, nobody went for that

If you watch the replay, I think maybe second game (or third) Bug got 2 balls in there, then I stole them from him. Much to his annoyance hahaha.

It’s a tricky shot to get them in there.

Snaggle (the head) is the easy MB

Motörhead MB is the hard one

And Skull MB will sorta happen if you play long enough (collect 3 sets of skull standups).

Something for everyone!

I think someone on the stream (bug?) had Snaggle and Skull going on one ball. Might have been that same game …

rd

#291 29 days ago

Add these songs.

#292 29 days ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Add these songs.

Ones on my master list already.

Ideally I’d like a menu at the start ala Metallica and Aerosmith for your background song.

But then I have to make video assets for every song, and most songs don’t have a video … so I have to make a whole video from clips, and look like a real video … a lot of work.

All the vids in there now are the original music videos, but with new music swapped in. That took hours, because the videos and the music were all different tempos (for whatever reason) so I had to chop them up and add video spacers in and re sync the lips to the words and the hands to the right place on the instruments … looks lame if it’s not correct! It was a cool project to do, learnt a lot.

rd

#293 29 days ago

Awesome homebrew! Very professional.

#294 29 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

It’s interesting to watch because so many players try to live catch/drop catch. Just gotta let everything dead bounce off that side and fight the habit to try and catch it

#295 29 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s interesting to watch because so many players try to live catch/drop catch. Just gotta let everything dead bounce off that side and fight the habit to try and catch it

No, you do like RD and ONLY catch with the upper flipper like a good boy. Watch his stream and you see he's real good at that. I have to fight it constantly, but if I had a machine with scissors in it I'd be better

#296 28 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No, you do like RD and ONLY catch with the upper flipper like a good boy. Watch his stream and you see he's real good at that. I have to fight it constantly, but if I had a machine with scissors in it I'd be better

Man I was so tired at the stream too .. threw off the playing. 3 weeks of big drives and late nights has caught up!

rd

#297 28 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Man I was so tired at the stream too .. threw off the playing. 3 weeks of big drives and late nights has caught up!
rd

Not easy being a celebrity, especially at this age!

#298 28 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Not easy being a celebrity, especially at this age!

IMG_7352.gifIMG_7352.gif
#299 28 days ago

Live stream is now on YouTube. Immortalised for all time!

rd

#300 28 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Glad I played Paragon last 20 years
I’m ready !

There are 356 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-motorhead-pinball-/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.