Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hallo PF 4-26-2024 (resized).jpg
    Franny Drummond Flyer (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20240416_061806 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_7563714_0 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_6921277_1 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240414_165628731 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240414_165335041.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240414_165619226 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240414_165424933 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240414_165523363 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240414_165429800 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2815 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240224_122724_Gallery (resized).jpg
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 32 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Thanks Chris! We appreciate you all for the continued support.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

Is there anywhere to order a shirt to have it mailed? I still can’t find a link. Love to be there but I can’t. Thanks Ivan.

#52 32 days ago

Actually this will be handled by my shirt guy directly. He will be providing a link that you can order from. I think he is waiting till we get closer. The shirts aren’t made yet.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#53 27 days ago

Regarding glass at the show!
    Just an FYI, looks like the only glass this year is standard and I-glass. I just received a quote for custom glass. My cost is $65 a sheet for varying sizes. I’m electing to not purchase custom stuff this year due to ridiculous costs.
    My apologies to the few that requested custom sizes. Why waste our time if you can get it from your local shop for about the same cost from me.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#54 25 days ago

FYI Sheraton 4 points block closes on April 5th. 5 additional duel queen bed rooms added.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#55 25 days ago

Hey Ivan1496 , I created a promo trailer for the show on my Youtube channel. Feel free to link to it on the website or wherever to need it. I will be there again this year shooting more footage.

Cheers!

Del

#56 25 days ago
    Quoted from DelsArcade:

Hey Ivan1496 , I created a promo trailer for the show on my Youtube channel. Feel free to link to it on the website or wherever to need it. I will be there again this year shooting more footage.

Cheers!
    Del

Outstanding Del, I gotta figure out how to get that on the Facebook page. I’m doing a boost and that will do fine if you don’t mind.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#57 25 days ago

Can someone share the lodging page? I’m having trouble finding it.

#58 25 days ago
    Quoted from Lemank:

Can someone share the lodging page? I’m having trouble finding it.

https://pinfestival.com/lodging.html

#59 25 days ago

Hotel booked! Thank you so much for the link! Can’t wait for Allentown!

#60 23 days ago

So, I see that Brian Allen art is not making an appearance this year. (Shirts either for the show). Anyone know why or if he will be there next year? His style is awesome!

Del

#61 23 days ago

Brian Allen has his space at the show this year. He’ll be where he has been.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#62 23 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Brian Allen has his space at the show this year. He’ll be where he has been.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

You are correct! I forgot that he's Flyland Designs and I was looking for his name on the vendor map instead. Great to hear! I'm a fan of his style.

That said, did he not provide a Tee design for the show this year? I see you guys picked a company called "Organized Kaos Designs" instead?

Del

#63 23 days ago

"Organized Kaos Designs" Is our shirt guy. He’s been making our shirts for a few years. His friend is a tattoo guy. He did the design for us this year. We chose to go a different direction this year is all.

Ivan
    Pinfest 204

#64 23 days ago
    Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Is there anywhere to order a shirt to have it mailed? I still can’t find a link. Love to be there but I can’t. Thanks Ivan.

Russ,

If you order shirt(s), I am happy to pick them up for you.

Dave

#65 23 days ago
    Quoted from DelsArcade:

Cheers!
    Del

Comes up as video unavailable/disabled by owner

#66 23 days ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Comes up as video unavailable/disabled by owner

You have to click "Watch on YouTube" to view, you can't view thru this forum.

#67 23 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

"Organized Kaos Designs" Is our shirt guy. He’s been making our shirts for a few years. His friend is a tattoo guy. He did the design for us this year. We chose to go a different direction this year is all.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 204

Appreciate that. Would definitely prefer fresh designs on the shirts each year

1 week later
    #68 14 days ago

What are the Saturday hours?

#69 14 days ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

What are the Saturday hours?

From the Bookface page:

Pinfest Pinball Show is just around the corner. May 3rd and 4th 2024. Check out this years event video so some of you new to the show get an idea of what to expect. All games are set to play for free. Registration is not required. Tickets are sold online and at the door. The admission for the show is $25 for the day. Discounts for online purchases and weekend passes available. Go to Pinfestival.com and click on the ticket for show and shirt options. Discounts for children under 10. Registration is for those who wish to bring a game to the show. Additional details regarding this show can be found at pinfestival.com
    Show times Friday 3rd 10am to 9pm
    Saturday 4th 9am to 8pm

#70 14 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Good morning! If we're bringing a game for free play on Friday, is there a specific time window before the show on Friday morning that we should arrive? (Sorry for the question, first time bringing a game to a show)

Still hoping for some guidance on this by those who have brought games on Friday before, cheers!

#71 14 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Still hoping for some guidance on this by those who have brought games on Friday before, cheers!

Usually they open it up to people who brought games a little more than an hour before the doors open. As you face the building from the parking lot there will be a set of double doors or a garage door on the far right side. Go there, check in, and go to your assigned spaced.

Have fun!

#72 13 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Usually they open it up to people who brought games a little more than an hour before the doors open. As you face the building from the parking lot there will be a set of double doors or a garage door on the far right side. Go there, check in, and go to your assigned spaced.
    Have fun!

Yes there’s people there at the far right to check u in for games

#73 13 days ago

Just remember to find a staffer and check in INSTANTLY...you won't win any friends wheeling games around or walking around the facility without your wristband. Staff's number 1 job is making sure there's no freeloaders so make their jobs (and your life) easier.

#74 13 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just remember to find a staffer and check in INSTANTLY...you won't win any friends wheeling games around or walking around the facility without your wristband. Staff's number 1 job is making sure there's no freeloaders so make their jobs (and your life) easier.

The show staff people are pleasant and friendly. The Allentown Fairgrounds Police Department are NOT. Just my 2 cents.

#75 13 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from Alan_L:

The show staff people are pleasant and friendly. The Allentown Fairgrounds Police Department are NOT. Just my 2 cents.

A few years back, after I had walked into vendor entrance during setup time, a staff member physically grabbed my arm to stop me. I had a wristband, but it might not have been fully visible since I had long sleeves on.

No, "excuse me", no stepping into my line of sight to get my attention, he just walked up behind me just a "hey you, stop" and clamped down on my arm. That has always kind of bothered me. Laying hands on someone is completely the wrong thing to do.

[edit]: But to be fair, that was only one negative incident across many other interactions with the show staff over the years that have been largely positive and friendly.

#76 13 days ago

Hi! I've never gone to the show before (or any for that matter!) Forgive me if this is a silly question -

My interest in the show is to play some games that I may want to add to my collection. I've always wanted to try Rick and Morty, a Multimorphic machine, the latest Spooky machines, etc.

Am I going to be disappointed? Is this mostly 80s and 90s machines that I've already owned or played? (I love those too, I'm justifying the trek)

How big is the buying and selling market at a show like this? Should I bring my truck? If I brought a machine (say... Taxi for example) at a reasonable price is there a good chance I'd sell it?

#77 13 days ago

I am planning to bring a Pistol Poker. Will list it for $2200 OBO and also open for trades.

It's a long shot but if anyone has a Sega Candy Cab(Arcade game) I am looking for one.

Wick

PXL_20240414_165335041.MP~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165335041.MP~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165424933 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165424933 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165429800 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165429800 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165523363 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165523363 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165619226 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165619226 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165628731 (resized).jpgPXL_20240414_165628731 (resized).jpg
    #78 13 days ago
    Quoted from Wick:

I am planning to bring a Pistol Poker. Will list it for $2200 OBO and also open for trades.
    It's a long shot but if anyone has a Sega Candy Cab(Arcade game) I am looking for one.
    Wick
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is the buy/sell thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2024-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk

#79 13 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Laying hands on someone is completely the wrong thing to do.

Grudge against a moderator? J/K

#80 13 days ago
    Quoted from Pindiz80:

Hi! I've never gone to the show before (or any for that matter!) Forgive me if this is a silly question -
    My interest in the show is to play some games that I may want to add to my collection. I've always wanted to try Rick and Morty, a Multimorphic machine, the latest Spooky machines, etc.
    Am I going to be disappointed? Is this mostly 80s and 90s machines that I've already owned or played? (I love those too, I'm justifying the trek)
    How big is the buying and selling market at a show like this? Should I bring my truck? If I brought a machine (say... Taxi for example) at a reasonable price is there a good chance I'd sell it?

Cointaker always has the new games plus you find some in free play and in vendor spaces. List your Taxi in the buy/sell trade to find a buyer. More games change hands at this show than any other east of the Mississippi.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2024-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk

#81 13 days ago
    Quoted from Pindiz80:

Well…. I’ve driven almost 8 hours each way for the past 6-7 or so years, never been disappointed, and pretty much fill my truck with purchases each time. Lots of newer games, although no particular pin is always guaranteed to be there. Your Taxi should sell if priced right. Totally worth it.

#82 13 days ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

I heard that someone stole the Fairgrounds Police Departments donuts a couple of years ago, and that's why they're still a little bitter.

#83 13 days ago

Have fun!

Thanks all, for the info! See you in Allentown...

#84 13 days ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

Well…. I’ve driven almost 8 hours each way for the past 6-7 or so years, never been disappointed, and pretty much fill my truck with purchases each time. Lots of newer games, although no particular pin is always guaranteed to be there. Your Taxi should sell if priced right. Totally worth it.

Yes same here always great pinball show

#85 13 days ago
    Quoted from Wick:

Wick
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sent you a PM

#86 13 days ago
    Quoted from Pindiz80:

You will have a blast. Building on what was said above, I would say...

- Rick & Morty - Unlikely. Will only be there if someone brings one for free play. SantaEatsCheese brought his last year, so anything is possible.

- Multimorphic - Highly likely. Has been there the last few years.

- Latest Spooky - Texas Chainsaw Massacre & Looney Tunes should be there.

#87 13 days ago

Still need a handful of games for the tournament.

Get free entry to the show and tournament ($170 value) or free entry and $100 for your game ($140 value)! Tournament games get far less play than games on the free play floor as well.

We need the games Thursday, or early Friday, until saturday evening around 7pm. Get paid for your game, and get your wristband on Thursday so no Friday hassles with lines!

PM to discuss!

Stuff we tentatively already have:
    Mando pro
    Hardbody
    Star Trek Pro
    Bally Lost World
    Aerobeef pro
    Pinball Pool
    Foo pro
    DP pro
    Bow and Arrow
    Bond Prem
    Zep Pro
    Genesis
    Congo
    Jackbot
    Little Chief
    Godzilla

#88 13 days ago
    Quoted from Pindiz80:

Quoted from scootss:

You will have a blast. Building on what was said above, I would say...
    - Rick & Morty - Unlikely. Will only be there if someone brings one for free play. SantaEatsCheese brought his last year, so anything is possible.
    - Multimorphic - Highly likely. Has been there the last few years.
    - Latest Spooky - Texas Chainsaw Massacre & Looney Tunes should be there.

Brought my Rick and Morty and AFMRLE 2 years ago but both sold. Brought Weird Al last year but it's long gone. I believe I read in the P3 thread that a Mumtimorphic Princess Bride will be there. 95% chance Pinball Star will bring the latest Spooky and a few Jersey Jack's. COINTAKER usually brings 20ish late model Sterns and the latest CGC. 5% chance a Rick And Morty will be on the floor.

I will be bringing a lovely Elvira with Topper to freeplay (NFS) a Bond prem(NFS) to the tournament, a Star Wars Pro (NFS), picking up an 8 Ball Deluxe going on freeplay (NFS). If I have room I'll bring a Stranger Things Premium (NFS).

I would encourage anyone interested to bring a game to a show. Even a "nice one". Never had an issue and even sold/traded a few high end things over the years. You can always bring something, put a NFS on it, then put a price or contact someone at the show if they have a pin you want and ask if they are interested in a trade.
    Pinside_forum_6921277_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6921277_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7563714_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7563714_0 (resized).jpg20240416_061806 (resized).jpg20240416_061806 (resized).jpg

#89 12 days ago

Thank you all!

#90 12 days ago

Moved

#91 11 days ago

From a Multimorphic direct email, the Princess Bride (P3 Multimorphic) will be present at the Allentown Show on Friday and Saturday.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #92 11 days ago

Hi, is there any info on what brand the I-Glass is? Apologies for my ignorance. Can’t wait for May!

#93 9 days ago

Newbie here - how does the flea market work? Does it start Thursday? Is it external to the main show?

#94 9 days ago
    Quoted from WalrusPin:

Newbie here - how does the flea market work? Does it start Thursday? Is it external to the main show?

Nope, Thursday is setup day for vendors, flea market vendors, and folks bringing games to setup. Actual show and flea markets at showtime Friday and Sat.

#95 9 days ago
    Quoted from WalrusPin:

Flea market is part of the main show. It will not be open Thursday (thats setup day) although you can certainly walk around while people are setting up if you brought a game to freeplay and are allowed in on setup day. Its basically a cheaper to rent spot that does not have wall power availabe so there will not be pins there you can play. Its inside, and there will be 20ish people there with essentially garage sale style items mostly related to pinball/arcade. You don't have vendors selling new stuff, its all old junk. However, there will be lots of gems mixed in there. I scored a nice Nintendo Power #1 there last year for a buck. There will be a few games for sale, and my notorious Pinbot Projects from 5 years ago came from there. There will be someone there with 50ish junk older pinball machines and tons of scrap parts. There will be someone there with 20+ mystery condition EM Gottiliebs. It is absolutely worth walking through, and the earlier you walk through once doors open the more likely you are to find a diamond in the rough.

Walkthrough of the fleamarket starts at 27 minutes here from random online tour.

#96 9 days ago

Flea market is part of the main show. It will not be open Thursday (thats setup day) although you can certainly walk around while people are setting up if you brought a game to freeplay and are allowed in on setup day. Its basically a cheaper to rent spot that does not have wall power availabe so there will not be pins there you can play. Its inside, and there will be 20ish people there with essentially garage sale style items mostly related to pinball/arcade. You don't have vendors selling new stuff, its all old junk. However, there will be lots of gems mixed in there. I scored a nice Nintendo Power #1 there last year for a buck. There will be a few games for sale, and my notorious Pinbot Projects from 5 years ago came from there. There will be someone there with 50ish junk older pinball machines and tons of scrap parts. There will be someone there with 20+ mystery condition EM Gottiliebs. It is absolutely worth walking through, and the earlier you walk through once doors open the more likely you are to find a diamond in the rough.
    Walkthrough of the fleamarket starts at 27 minutes here from random online tour.

Thank you for the clarification. Should I bring a trailer? Are there usually decent deals comparable to Marketplace or is stuff usually marked up for the show? If there are generally some bargains I don't mind lugging a trailer 5 hours to pick up 2-3 tables, otherwise I could fit 1 in my SUV.

#97 9 days ago
    Quoted from WalrusPin:

Thank you for the clarification. Should I bring a trailer? Are there usually decent deals comparable to Marketplace or is stuff usually marked up for the show? If there are generally some bargains I don't mind lugging a trailer 5 hours to pick up 2-3 tables, otherwise I could fit 1 in my SUV.

Depends on what you are looking for. Good deals will get snapped up quickly. At the end of the show you can see some really good deals from people who bought too much or don't want to bring it home with them. I'd guess there will be 50ish pins between freeplay and the fleamarket at or under $1,000. The best deals are going to be on older games (pre 2000). You just don't know what is going to be there until the show. If you have some games you are looking to unload you can bring one for free entrance and come home with it, try and trade it. Or put a for sale sign on it.

#98 8 days ago

so there will not be pins there you can play

We bring a power inverter and have games for sale you can play usually.

there will be 20ish people there

We range from late 40's to the 60's.

You don't have vendors selling new stuff, its all old junk

I sell some new parts. The junk hits a dumpster, not the show.

There will be someone there with 50ish junk older pinball machines and tons of scrap parts.

He sets up next to me.

#99 8 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

We bring a power inverter and have games for sale you can play usually.

We range from late 40's to the 60's.

I sell some new parts. The junk hits a dumpster, not the show.

He sets up next to me.

O there are absolutely great things in the flea market . Some people put bring great stuff and I always snag some wall hangers and magazines in the flea market. There is pinball junk too. It's awesome and no offense meant to the flea market vendors.

#100 8 days ago

O there are absolutely great things in the flea market . Some people put bring great stuff and I always snag some wall hangers and magazines in the flea market. There is pinball junk too. It's awesome and no offense meant to the flea market vendors.

The flea market is what sets this show apart from the others. It is absolutely fantastic.

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-pinfest-2024-official-show-details-thread-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.