IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
format (resized).png
Screenshot_20240323_081210_Chrome (resized).jpg
1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,340 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 47.
#2301 28 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That’s a puzzling one. When you shoot while lock is lit, do you see the diverter trying to move even if it’s just a little?
Other idea, you test with a finger or move ball manual I assume? I have had cases were that worked perfectly but not while flipping. It turned out that the playfield windows wasn’t flush with the playfield causing the ball to ‘jump’ and thus missing the opto. Does this description fit with your issue ?

I had a similar thing. We figured out that it was sun light coming from the window (righthandside) when the sun was low. It interfered with the opto. So maybe this could happen.

#2302 27 days ago
Quoted from Mischa:

I had a similar thing. We figured out that it was sun light coming from the window (righthandside) when the sun was low. It interfered with the opto. So maybe this could happen.

Interesting - it was a glorious sunny day and I had the garage door open so that could be a factor. I usually play with all the lights out so I'll retest this evening. It is just interesting that the Dude was triggered but the diverter wasn't as I thought the same opto did both.

Another curious item I noticed recently - maybe this is normal - when I close the coin door after testing the left flipper goes up and then drops again. Only the left....

Added 24 days ago:

<Confirming - sunlight was the problem! Optos working correctly now.>

#2303 24 days ago

Trying to backup my scores and settings and keep getting “[USB stick issue]”. I’ve tried 5 different sticks. All formatted FAT32. I’ve put the update zip file on them, even though the faq says it’s not required after 1.12 (I’m on 1.13). I’ve tried all four USB ports in the backbox.

I used one of these sticks to update from 1.12 to 1.13 and it read the stick no problem. This makes no sense to me.

Any ideas?

#2304 24 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Trying to backup my scores and settings and keep getting “[USB stick issue]”. I’ve tried 5 different sticks. All formatted FAT32. I’ve put the update zip file on them, even though the faq says it’s not required after 1.12 (I’m on 1.13). I’ve tried all four USB ports in the backbox.
I used one of these sticks to update from 1.12 to 1.13 and it read the stick no problem. This makes no sense to me.
Any ideas?

Are you formatting the FAT32 with Windows or Mac? The extFAT format doesn’t work well from a Mac, I have had no issue once I format from a Windows VM. That said, it is the most common PM question I get and seems like many have issues with this.

#2305 24 days ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Are you formatting the FAT32 with Windows or Mac? The extFAT format doesn’t work well from a Mac, I have had no issue once I format from a Windows VM. That said, it is the most common PM question I get and seems like many have issues with this.

Thanks. Welp, I got it work, I had to freshly reformat the USB drive (in Windows 11) and select NTFS for the file system. What's a bit puzzling is the tech support faq says to use "NFTS <-> FAT32" (not really sure what those arrows and dash mean), so I thought my FAT32 formatted sticks should work. In my OS these are mutually exclusive format options, you can choose one or the other. If I format with FAT32, I get the "USB stick issue" message. If I format with NTFS, eureka. Now to check out the sound mod!

format (resized).pngformat (resized).png
#2306 23 days ago

Paint is coming off the car toy in chunks showing white model underneath after only a few days. Is this a usual problem?

#2307 23 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Paint is coming off the car toy in chunks showing white model underneath after only a few days. Is this a usual problem?

Definitely not. I have had my machine for a couple years with no sign of wear on the car. Definitely reach out to DP Support, Rens will take care of you I am sure

#2308 23 days ago

A new Softwareversion V1.13 has been published. Hopefully the great sound mod can still be added.

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software

#2309 23 days ago
Quoted from dergroover:

A new Softwareversion V1.13 has been published. Hopefully the great sound mod can still be added.
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software

It's been confirmed that the sound mod still works after the upgrade. I updated mine yesterday with no issues.

#2310 21 days ago

I just update to 1.13 and my lights are completely gacked! At first the bowling lettet lights stopped illuminating - then a bunch of lights went dark and flashed /dimmed all over the playfield. And now there are hardly any lights working at all!!!!
All fuses are shoeing red lights- what the heck happene here and whats my fix!?

A real bummer

PS: not sure if its related, but my USB3 port did not work - no power / so i updated through the USB 2 port after removing the audio usb plug. The install went fine.

The issue persists even when i roll back to 1.12, and yea, i tried to reboot the game to see if that helped and nada.

The LED test menu does absolutely nothing- total non response

Pic attached - this is what is illuminated. Nothing changes when playing / flippers dont wven move the maude or zero lights. Its like it had a total stroke

IMG_0962 (resized).jpegIMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
#2311 21 days ago

One last thing to mentioned - Fuses 1,2,3 and 8 do not illuminate if the coin door is open. They do light up when you close the coin door. Not sure if this is normal?

#2312 21 days ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

One last thing to mentioned - Fuses 1,2,3 and 8 do not illuminate if the coin door is open. They do light up when you close the coin door. Not sure if this is normal?

This is normal. Those fuses are the 48V fuses and 48V is disabled when opening coindoor. You need to pull the interlock switch to get 48V (and 12V) back or close the coindoor

#2313 21 days ago

I just update to 1.13 and my lights are completely gacked! At first the bowling lettet lights stopped illuminating - then a bunch of lights went dark and flashed /dimmed all over the playfield. And now there are hardly any lights working at all!!!!
All fuses are shoeing red lights- what the heck happene here and whats my fix!?
A real bummer
PS: not sure if its related, but my USB3 port did not work - no power / so i updated through the USB 2 port after removing the audio usb plug. The install went fine.
The issue persists even when i roll back to 1.12, and yea, i tried to reboot the game to see if that helped and nada.
The LED test menu does absolutely nothing- total non response
Pic attached - this is what is illuminated. Nothing changes when playing / flippers dont wven move the maude or zero lights. Its like it had a total stroke[quoted image]

Sorry about this issue.

Has nothing to do with the 113 update, just a coincidence.

Pls reseat proc and both pdled boards. Likely a connection issue. See service faq page 249 for how-to. You can also start with just pushing on top of the PCB's but usually reseating works best.

#2314 21 days ago

Had a strange one last night. In the middle of a good game and then when the ball went into the Jesus ramp/VUK, it just sat there doing nothing. No ball search, no response of any kind when the coin door was opened. No tilt possible. Music and lights continued on. Had to end up powering it down and turning it back on and then it was fine.

#2315 21 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry about this issue.
Has nothing to do with the 113 update, just a coincidence.
Pls reseat proc and both pdled boards. Likely a connection issue. See service faq page 249 for how-to. You can also start with just pushing on top of the PCB's but usually reseating works best.

Thank! Pressing on the boards did the trick. Man that is weird!

What should I do about the dead USB3 port?

#2316 21 days ago

I know both issues have been discussed in the past, but wanted to add my findings...

1) kept hearing the "ca-chunk" sound bite when the ball should be kicked up to the MPF...it would often fire 2-4 times before the ball appeared. Turns out the black rubber bushing was shredded in the bottom of my cabinet. Very likely that was the issue. Had the Williams ones on hand, and the replacement fit perfectly.

2) Felt like my MPF flipper was weak and barely making the loop shot. Investigating it, I found the flipper itself to be resting on the MPF surface, with lots of play. It is very difficult to move by hand and will stick in the out position rather than return. Turns out that the factory bushing became shrapnel and now the flipper post is just riding on the wood. Ordering the new improved MPF extended flipper bushing kit, and it should be as good as new again.

#2317 20 days ago

Thank! Pressing on the boards did the trick. Man that is weird!
What should I do about the dead USB3 port?

Have you tried another usb drive?

So, if you hook up for instance the usb cable leading to the audio board on an usb3 port it will do nothing?

#2318 20 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Have you tried another usb drive?
So, if you hook up for instance the usb cable leading to the audio board on an usb3 port it will do nothing?

I tried the video USB cord in the usb3 port and it did not work either

#2319 20 days ago

I tried the video USB cord in the usb3 port and it did not work either

Video usb port?? Video is either vga for older builts or hdmi for newer built. USB is unused.

What do you see as USB3 port? Perhaps a picture would be great. Can it be you tried to insert usb drive in the RJ45 port (has happened befor)?

#2320 19 days ago

He

Quoted from Rensh:

Video usb port?? Video is either vga for older builts or hdmi for newer built. USB is unused.
What do you see as USB3 port? Perhaps a picture would be great. Can it be you tried to insert usb drive in the RJ45 port (has happened befor)?

Well now i feel dumb!

IMG_0960 (resized).jpegIMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
#2321 19 days ago

He

Well now i feel dumb![quoted image]

No worries, I know exactly how you feel ….

Just happy to see mystery solved

#2322 15 days ago

Hmmm I'm suddenly experiencing some lock ups/freezes during play. On the last one, a message appeared saying to to check P-roc connection or something similar. I guessed this might be down to the USB connection being a little flaky. I've reseated it but the problems still happening, is there any known remedy for this?

#2323 15 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Hmmm I'm suddenly experiencing some lock ups/freezes during play. On the last one, a message appeared saying to to check P-roc connection or something similar. I guessed this might be down to the USB connection being a little flaky. I've reseated it but the problems still happening, is there any known remedy for this?

Some have had to buy a new cable for that connection and it fixes it.

#2324 15 days ago

New cable is an advice and if it’s an earlier TBL also an extra 5V hookup is recommended. Servicefaq page 75+76

#2325 13 days ago

Left ramp diverter seems to be binding somehow. When I push physically, it’s fine and moves up and down freely. Only when the coil pulls on the plunger does it bind. When I push back gently on the diverter (toward left side of cab) it doesn’t bind when the coil pulls. But when sitting on its own, gravity pulls it forward slightly and it seems to bind. It’s not getting caught on the slot in the ramp. I’ve tried repositioning things, bending the bracket slightly etc. no luck so far. Rens mentioned a while back they added some kind of washer to lessen the play where the plunger goes through the pf. Mine doesn’t seem to have any such thing. Thanks for any tips if you’ve faced this.

#2326 12 days ago

Well 1 day as owner, my flippers kept moving and I kept realigning, I guess I used too much muscle and now this?
Any reference to this pac man shaped screw? Quick trip to the hardware store will save me? Or is this something I need Marco/pbl for?

IMG_6638 (resized).jpegIMG_6638 (resized).jpegIMG_6639 (resized).jpegIMG_6639 (resized).jpegIMG_6640 (resized).jpegIMG_6640 (resized).jpeg
#2327 12 days ago
Quoted from ChrisX1130:

Well 1 day as owner, my flippers kept moving and I kept realigning, I guess I used too much muscle and now this?
Any reference to this pac man shaped screw? Quick trip to the hardware store will save me? Or is this something I need Marco/pbl for?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t think it’s a common part. Probably need this: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-pawl-hardware-assembly.html

My right flipper also kept slipping. I had to tighten it a couple of times, almost to the max.

#2328 12 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Left ramp diverter seems to be binding somehow. When I push physically, it’s fine and moves up and down freely. Only when the coil pulls on the plunger does it bind. When I push back gently on the diverter (toward left side of cab) it doesn’t bind when the coil pulls. But when sitting on its own, gravity pulls it forward slightly and it seems to bind. It’s not getting caught on the slot in the ramp. I’ve tried repositioning things, bending the bracket slightly etc. no luck so far. Rens mentioned a while back they added some kind of washer to lessen the play where the plunger goes through the pf. Mine doesn’t seem to have any such thing. Thanks for any tips if you’ve faced this.

Solution: I noticed if the plunger was not all the way in the up position when the coil fired, it wouldn’t bind. I added a washer that forces some space between the round part of the plunger and the top of the coil bracket which screws into the PF. Washer needs to be big enough to fit over the flattened part of the plunger but small enough to not go over the round part of the plunger. I’m still not sure exactly why it was binding but this fixed it.

IMG_1793 (resized).jpegIMG_1793 (resized).jpegIMG_1794 (resized).jpegIMG_1794 (resized).jpeg
#2329 10 days ago

I am trying to fix the right flipper sticking. I have just filed down the shooter bracket that is too close to the flipper opto mechanism. No good. I have tried different spacers behind the opto bracket also no good. The flipper shaft is perfectly aligned with the coil and not sticking at all.

I have noticed that it only sticks after awhile and never right away. Multiple games and it gets worse and worse. If I touch the left flipper button the right flipper immediately drops. But if you hold the right flipper for a nano second it stays up

#2330 10 days ago

First we need to determine if it’s electrical or mechanical. I am assuming mechanical reading your message but assumption if the mother of all f*ck ups for a reason.

When the right flipper is up, go into switch test and see what it states there. Is flipperswitch active or not.

Assuming it’s not as I think, is the vertical tolerance sufficient (better to much as to little tolerance), swap coilstop left-right to see if coilstop is magnetized.

#2331 9 days ago

Hi TBL owners and Rens,

I own TBL #001-620. I ordered and received the knocker kit from Pinball life. I have also successfully upgraded my software to V1.13.

I just e-mailed support to order the breakout board DP-01-320033.

Can anybody tell me if the breakout board comes with the ribbon cable shown in P2 of the knocker install kit instructions? Or is this cable already in my serial # 620 TBL? Please help if you can. Thanks, mk

#2332 9 days ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Hi TBL owners and Rens,
I own TBL #001-620. I ordered and received the knocker kit from Pinball life. I have also successfully upgraded my software to V1.13.
I just e-mailed support to order the breakout board DP-01-320033.
Can anybody tell me if the breakout board comes with the ribbon cable shown in P2 of the knocker install kit instructions? Or is this cable already in my serial # 620 TBL? Please help if you can. Thanks, mk

Hi. As also responded per e-mail this ribbon cable is not needed for the knocker kit, it comes with starry apron. So, PBL knocker kit plus the mod board and you are all set.

#2333 9 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Assuming it’s not as I think, is the vertical tolerance sufficient (better to much as to little tolerance), swap coilstop left-right to see if coilstop is magnetized.

Yes I believe the coil stop is magnetized. Swapped left to right and now the other one is sticking what can I do? As the coil is heating up it seems to be increasing the magnetic field and gets worse. All other things check good. Thank you

#2334 5 days ago

New version service faq uploaded, rel 083 this time

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support

#2335 2 days ago

My plastics are starting to show chunks of color flaking off - why would this be happening and how can i get replacements? Bought in October of last year.

IMG_1039 (resized).jpegIMG_1039 (resized).jpegIMG_1045 (resized).jpegIMG_1045 (resized).jpegIMG_1046 (resized).jpegIMG_1046 (resized).jpegIMG_1047 (resized).jpegIMG_1047 (resized).jpeg
#2336 2 days ago

how can i get replacements?

CoinTaker:

https://cointaker.com/products/tbl-pinball-plastic-set

Protector Set (although incomplete):

https://cointaker.com/products/the-big-lebowski-plastic-protector-set

I’d hate having to pay for replacements on a game that’s only six months old, though. How many plays do you have on it?

#2337 2 days ago

can i get replacements? Bought in October of last year.

Contact your dealer for a set on warranty.
If he starts discussions ask DP, at least you can buy a set directly from DP.

#2338 2 days ago

My plastics are starting to show chunks of color flaking off - why would this be happening and how can i get replacements? Bought in October of last year.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sent me a mail pls at [email protected] including these pictures and TBL serialno.

#2339 2 days ago

This post probably should be highlighted

#2340 1 hour ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

This post probably should be highlighted

Done

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 2,340 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.