• 93 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

310-to-yuma-2007-christian-bale,-peter-fonda-and-kevin-durand-in-3-10-to-yuma_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
AWAAQAHQ-P598007_(resized).jpg
Blazing-Saddles_(resized).jpg
150801-news-ian-mcshane_(resized).jpg
brokeback_(resized).jpg
bbm_(resized).jpg
310yuma1957fordhefflin_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
evnt55ef5d427c345_(resized).jpg
51QejeWavUL_(resized).jpg
the-magnificent-seven_(resized).jpg
wasnt_listening_(resized).jpg
download_(1)_(resized).jpg
cowboys-and-aliens-billboard-poster_(resized).jpg
Johnny_Ringo_and_Doc_Holliday_(resized).jpg
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

How about........nahhhh.

bbm_(resized).jpgbbm_(resized).jpg

#52 8 years ago

I'd second Tombstone. I though CC was great with the spaghetti western theme. I thought Maverick was a great theme, but man did they mess that game up.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

How about........nahhhh.

It took two pages to come up with that one, but the biggest fans of that movie have already left pinside I think.

#54 8 years ago

Young Guns...

#55 8 years ago

And I always thought Ned Beatty played the hardest part.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And I always thought Ned Beatty played the hardest part.

I think he "got" the hardest part in Deliverance...

#57 8 years ago

Time to cut to the chase. For those that haven't seen it here is the opening scene. No spoiler allert as this is only the beginning.

#58 8 years ago

The True Grit and 3:10 to Yuma remakes are freaking awesome. I like the originals too. I also like Paint Your Wagon though it is long as hell

#59 8 years ago

Good movie for sure but the best movie in the last 10 years....not imo.
Agreed that it would make a good theme for pinball.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Good movie for sure but the best movie in the last 10 years....not imo.

For me it was. Probably because they actually did it and once I start watching it just keeps moving along and doesn't stop. I like this kind of movie.

I know there are blockbusters that rake in much more dough, but one can take only so much superhero/ sci fi artificial computer generated garbage that it is good that this one actually looks real.

#61 8 years ago

I personally have found just about every recent remake or western to be an enjoyable watch. But then that's just me.

Thank goodness for Encore's Western Channel to fill the void. I still have 39 of the 124 episodes on DVR of Laramie to watch to finish the series. Laramie appears to have been one a bit before my time as a kid. With Encore and my DVR, I have gotten to see numerous series from start to finish that I never watched as a kid.

Wish I had caught Wanted Dead or Alive with Steve McQueen. That was one I never got to see as a kid and didn't get to start recording from beginning.

I am sure they will dig up another obscure series I never got to see to fill my western fix.

Personally, I think any of these Western Themes discussed would make a good basis for a Pin. Certainly if Stern were to do another Whoa Nellie BJM type layout.

FWIW, my original design for Cactus Jack's was a Western Card theme layout with rules similar to Jack's Open. But due to the success of The Simpson's, Premier decided to change the theme to what it is today in hopes of tapping into a different market.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For me it was. Probably because they actually did it and once I start watching it just keeps moving along and doesn't stop. I like this kind of movie.
I know there are blockbusters that rake in much more dough, but one can take only so much superhero/ sci fi artificial computer generated garbage that it is good that this one actually looks real.

I didn't mean to narrow it down to blockbusters or super hero films.
I liked the Revenant more but I don't think that would make as good of a theme for pinball as 3-10.

#63 8 years ago

Bone Tomahawk is a good western/horror movie. The best I've seen in the last year.

For a western theme today, why not do a John Wayne theme? He's iconic like Elvis and maybe they can use a couple of different movies from one studio. The call outs would be awesome.

#64 8 years ago

o-din, I took you for more of the 4:20 to Yuma type ...

#65 8 years ago

Come on now...
150801-news-ian-mcshane_(resized).jpg150801-news-ian-mcshane_(resized).jpg

#66 8 years ago

If you can't tell by my profile pic, I'm an Eastwood spaghetti western guy.

However Deadwood would've been awesome

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Nuff said

the-magnificent-seven_(resized).jpg

#68 8 years ago

Blazing-Saddles_(resized).jpgBlazing-Saddles_(resized).jpg

#69 8 years ago

#70 8 years ago

I've been playing pinball for almost 50 years now, and all I'm asking for is a decent theme that isn't just there to please the nerds.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Come on now...
150801-news-ian-mcshane_(resized).jpg

Big thumbs up on that. I was pretty pissed when I heard it got cancelled such a great show! Should of at least went 5 full seasons.

#72 8 years ago

Not sure if I'd want a 3:10 to Yuma pin in particular, but a Western themed pin would be great since I can't afford a CC.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Big thumbs up on that. I was pretty pissed when I heard it got cancelled such a great show! Should of at least went 5 full seasons.

There have been rumors of a follow-up movie for years, but all the original sets were torn down when the show was cancelled. The latest rumor I heard was netflix was flirting with the idea of doing something, but I'm not sure how much substance vs wishful thinking was wrapped up in that.

#74 8 years ago

Unless i missed it. ..i can't believe there's no ..The Outlaw Josey Wales in here. And yeah. .Brokeback...lol. .I can't quit you pinball..

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

How about........nahhhh.

bbm_(resized).jpg

Lol. ..i guess that's quite a multi-ball

#76 8 years ago

More Western movies would be great. And lots of untapped pinball potential with great characters like Wild Bill, Doc Holliday, Billy the Kid, or Butch Cassidy. Shooting seems to lend itself to pinball.

Also wanted to thumbs up the OP but I feel Rare hero would thumbs down, so that evens things out.

#77 8 years ago

Gunsmoke..........or anything with the Duke. I'm guessing they never used any of his movies because his balls were too big.....

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Gunsmoke..........or anything with the Duke. I'm guessing they never used any of his movies because his balls were too big.....

The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance would kick so much ass.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Lol. ..i guess that's quite a multi-ball

I would certainly try to stay away from the gobble hole.

#80 8 years ago

West World!

#81 8 years ago

Agreed about the 3:10 to Yuma remake being a really good, under appreciated flick. I love westerns and it is one of my all time favorites. Just a solid movie across the board. Great action, story, characters, actors. Easily one of the best in the past 10 years for me. I'd love a pin for it.

#82 8 years ago

This guy gets my vote for the next Western pin...

AWAAQAHQ-P598007_(resized).jpgAWAAQAHQ-P598007_(resized).jpg

#83 8 years ago

Was Forsaken listed here - newish Western on Netflix ... By Danes w Danish actors I think but quite gritty and good - no Wild Bunch but hey

If you haven't and get a chance seriously play some bounty hunter on a well set up machine -waaaaay under rated with wonderful variety, challenge and flow - and great art package too

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah yeah...surprised it took so long to get this overrated nugget in the thread. When will you people learn to appreciate Once Upon a Time in The West?

Can I like both?

I also love 3:10 to Yuma, Odin!

#85 8 years ago

3:10, Tombstone, and Unforgiven are "modern" classics, IMO.

#86 8 years ago

Oops not 'forsaken' but 'the salvation' on Netflix

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

I think he "got" the hardest part in Deliverance...

"SQUEEEEEEEEAL!"

#88 8 years ago

... not really a Western.

Quoted from Methos:The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance would kick so much ass.

Great movie (and it was just on FOX Movies the other day) but I just can't see a pin base on it.

#89 8 years ago

I'm a huge fan of Ennio Morricone and any thing created by Sergio Leone is gold. So The Man With No Name trilogy are the best westerns ever made Imho. But special mention must go to the Man With The Harmonica scene in Once Upon A Time In The West. Very powerful cinema. However, for Pinball Blazing Saddles would get my vote..."the sheriff is a near" but I think it's a bit too politically incorrect. Funny as hell though.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

This guy gets my vote for the next Western pin...

AWAAQAHQ-P598007_(resized).jpg

Tom Horn as runner up

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There have been rumors of a follow-up movie for years, but all the original sets were torn down when the show was cancelled. The latest rumor I heard was netflix was flirting with the idea of doing something, but I'm not sure how much substance vs wishful thinking was wrapped up in that.

As of last month, an HBO president said it's in development.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/07/hbo-deadwood-movie-happening

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Tom Horn as runner up

Good call, I'd love to see anything with Steve McQ! The Mag 7 was already suggested--another great film.

#93 8 years ago

310-to-yuma-2007-christian-bale,-peter-fonda-and-kevin-durand-in-3-10-to-yuma_(resized).jpg310-to-yuma-2007-christian-bale,-peter-fonda-and-kevin-durand-in-3-10-to-yuma_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seattle, WA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/310-to-yuma-pinball-machine-how-soon/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.