Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 346 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“$2,000 Foo Fighter topper! In or out?”

• Yes 73 votes
      16%
    • No 368 votes
      79%
    • On the fence 24 votes
      5%

(465 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_1920 (resized).png
    IMG_1919 (resized).png
    IMG_7583.gif
    IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1856 (resized).jpeg
    Ice (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg
    toot-toot (resized).jpg
    IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2277.jpeg
    1234 (resized).jpg
    296A3717-HDR (resized).jpg
    StaticX_2019 (resized).jpg
    C32B6DC3-3DC4-49D9-BCE4-567EB5B6616D (resized).png
    There are 346 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 47 days ago

I’m curious in 2024 what percentage of people on Pinside is looking to invest $2000 into an accessory add-on for their pinball machine.

#2 47 days ago

Does it massage your prostate?

#3 47 days ago

I’m out on $1000 toppers and even $500 toppers. I have paid $200-300 which is foolish enough.

#4 47 days ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I’m curious in 2024 what percentage of people on Pinside...

All you need is the 1%.

#5 47 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Does it massage your prostate?

Would you buy it if it did?

#6 47 days ago

Hopefully the suckers that were buying overpriced Stern Toppers and Full price games have now figured out not to pay that.

#7 47 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, ass play is for the young.

#8 47 days ago

ALL IN!!!

#9 47 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

No, ass play is for the young.

You are only as young as you feel bro.

#10 47 days ago

How many would you like to buy!?!?

#11 47 days ago

How many would you like to buy!?!?

Now now Jeff Goldstein you once got all pissy at me for wondering aloud if a $12K Elton John purchase was wise.

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET THIS GUY ENJOY HIS $2000 TOPPER!?!?!?!

It really is the same thing! Whatever happened to "Mr. Positivity?" These are good dudes who just want to buy a topper they love!!!!

Jeez, let fucking coaster guy enjoy his goddamn game!!!! You always find a way to stir things on Pinside! He’s a good dude and he just bought a game that he loves! You have nothing positive to say then leave the dude alone, Jeez!!! Let him enjoy his game and he has every right to make a thread to tell people that it’s a really great game and he loves his purchase.

#12 47 days ago

Hmm, at 20% of the list price of a brand new premium entire machine? Hell no! Not even worth it at half that. Had a bunch of fun with $60 set of bobble head dolls and 3D printing a stage all lit with LEDs in it for my rush. I guess if you've got money to burn what the hell but this is getting silly.

#13 47 days ago

I ragged on the Godzilla topper when it came out and then I bought one later on. I would love to say the same thing about this and stick to it but I know better now... sigh... I will buy it. Regrettably. Do I think it's worth 2k? Hell no but I need to be honest with myself. lol

#14 47 days ago

Looks like one of their better toppers in recent history. But the price of this (and all their toppers) is just asinine.

And re the shooter rod, at $225 yes it's less money than the topper, but the production cost of that is probably something like $10 I know there is design cost too, but come on... The price of that bomb should be blown up.

#15 47 days ago

I'd rather have a premium with topper and accessories than an LE, but that's just me.

#16 47 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'd rather have a premium with topper and accessories than an LE, but that's just me.

Well that is true and a good point. Never thought of it that way so yeah, I'm right there with you!

#17 47 days ago

Stern is definitely reaching for the ceiling on pricing with this stuff, but it isn't like third party rando mods of half the quality are priced any better.

"I bought a 20 dollar piece of plastic off of etsy and added two leds! New price - $150.00!!!"

Owning pinball machines overall is considered a stupid waste of money by 99.9% of the rest of the population, so I find it funny when pinheads point to other pinheads and judge how they spend their cash.

#18 47 days ago

Nope. Toppers are for rubes

#19 47 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

damn right i would

#20 47 days ago

Stern is getting greedy. Is there even a video of what it does or doesn't do?

#21 47 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Prostate massages don't make for family-friendly video dude.

#22 47 days ago

I thought the prostate massages come from those funny looking shooter rods out there.

#23 47 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:Prostate massages don't make for family-friendly video dude.
    That reminds me I'm starving it's past my lunchtime.

#24 47 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

That reminds me I'm starving it's past my lunchtime.

Hopefully plenty of fiber.

#25 47 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hopefully plenty of fiber.

I'm awful with my diet I practically eat dinosaur chicken nuggets everyday. So I proudly endorse fiber gummies.

#26 47 days ago

I'm a sucker for an OEM topper on a game I plan on either A. Keeping in home for the foreseeable future or B. looks super cool and is $1k or less.

So it seems like going forward Toppers may become less and less a "must have" for me.

#27 47 days ago

I'm topped off.

#28 47 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

It turns its head. The rest is more flat plastic with twinkling lights. Same as it ever was.

$2k? I won't even spend $1k. I've bought 2 games secondary that the previous owner graciously bought me a topper, because I simply won't spend that money on the toppers Stern pumps out. There's about $50 in materials in there and seemingly even less thought.

#29 47 days ago

Does anyone know if the gloves the girl is wearing in the video comes with the side armor or is that exclusive to the topper?

#30 47 days ago

Just wait until they also release action figures at $100 a pop that you can add onto the topper to replace the flat plastic band members

#31 47 days ago

Bravo Stern! You are making JJP's and other manufactures pins look like a better deal every single day with your insane pricing strategy and poor value argument. The games and accessories are looking cheaper and more overpriced then ever before.

Did this animation get updated in Jaws yet?

Pinside_forum_7963223_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7963223_0 (resized).png

#32 47 days ago
    Quoted from Jagrmaister:

It turns its head. The rest is more flat plastic with twinkling lights. Same as it ever was.
    $2k? I won't even spend $1k. I've bought 2 games secondary that the previous owner graciously bought me a topper, because I simply won't spend that money on the toppers Stern pumps out. There's about $50 in materials in there and seemingly even less thought.

No Thanks!! Not impressed.

#33 47 days ago

For everyone who says Stern LEs should include a topper for $13k, now's your chance! $11k HUO Foo LE + $2k topper.

#34 47 days ago

If you have an LE you need the topper.
    Stern’s pricing will not change until people quit buying. That hasn’t happened yet. Stern will keep ratcheting up the price until they feel pushback.
    Stern has a couple things going for them: it’s the “official” topper and it integrates with the game.

#35 47 days ago

The only thing I can afford are those gloves & that mullet haircut

#37 47 days ago

$2000? No, I only want one topper, not a box of 10.

#38 47 days ago

I ordered one but appreciate the fact that you all think you can make a difference. It’s the American dream , vote with your wallets!

#39 47 days ago

Jesus that video in so fucking cringe. Poor Jack.

#40 47 days ago

That topper looks terrible. Cheap and maybe $200? I think they accidentally added a zero and just ran with it.

#41 47 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus that video in so fucking cringe. Poor Jack.

It's Corporate Jack reading the marketing jargon that Disney Seth holds on cue cards just off camera. This isn't the DeadFlip Jack I remember and love :-/

#43 47 days ago

3 toppers or BBQ game?

#44 47 days ago
    Quoted from ZombiePartie:

3 toppers or BBQ game?

No toppers but I’m getting hungry for a McRib

#45 47 days ago

Hmm. 3 toppers or a newish Stern Pro. Tough choice.

#46 47 days ago

I rewatched ooopsie

#47 47 days ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Hmm. 3 toppers or a newish Stern Pro. Tough choice.

Or, one topper for a 3rd of
    The price of a newish stern pro.

#48 47 days ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

...marketing jargon that Disney Seth holds on cue cards...

It was like SDTM worthy; uff.

#49 47 days ago

2k is absolute insanity for that topper. They could have at least got Grohl to recorded some lines and ran a digitized effect to them.

#50 47 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Whatever happened to "Mr. Positivity?" These are good dudes who just want to buy a topper they love!!!!

And some with an add on vibrator apparently. Acedanger, I’m sure an aftermarket kit exists to wire one in.

There are 346 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2000-foo-fighters-topper-in-or-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.