(Topic ID: 72263)

Williams Org Medieval Madness Owners Club *-* The door is open ... c'mon in !!

By Thor-NL

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,553 posts
  • 243 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by transprtr4u
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7523 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7518 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7519 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8056 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8057 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8055 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_8450 (resized).jpg
20240406_141241 (resized).jpg
20240406_141238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240330_121443540~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg
20240329_161549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_113138876 (resized).jpg
There are 1,553 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 32.
#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:When you posted this it brought back old memories of when I restored my MM back in 2006. I have this mod in my machine yet today. I bought it off Ebay from Gary Burbacks Pinball Renaissance. At that time not too many people had websites and most mods were purchased off Ebay. Not sure, but he also sold a Knight set and lighted trolls too which are both still in my machine today.
The figurine (damsel) is from a toy company called Papo. They had alot of figurines that were made around the medieval times. At the time he was making this damsel mod I could never find it by itself. Looked many times on Ebay and elsewhere. It just eluded me. So I bought it from him.
I also found the original installation instructions for it and posted the cover page.
Not sure if you can find the damsel figurine today, but am happy to pass along what I know of it.
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Indypin:

The poster above beat me to a response, but his is perfect. I have them in my pin and love them. The only one I didn't do was the dragon because I liked the original better.
You can find the princess character on eBay or Amazon. Just get the one you want and use a cutting tool (dremel) to cut the figure around the waistline and secure her in the tower by sticky tape. That's the way I did it and she's been up there for quite some time and looks great.

Appreciate the replies - helps alot! I already started looking at what princess characters are currently out there - found a couple I liked. I will throw it out there I still do like the older "Gary Burback" one, so if anybody has one they want to part with shoot me a PM.

#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Thanks for the tips got my GC tonight.

Remake in the original club?

Blasphemy!

Great game ,new or old

#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I love and HATE that DTR in LOTR.
For some reason, I can be locked in, hitting everything, and once I get in that mode, I choke!
Same goes for BFTK in MM. For some reason, I can never hit the orbits once I get there, and it I do, I usually am down to 1 ball, and hitting all those gate shots on single ball is super tough to do.
I've beat the game 3-4 times, but everything had to really come together for me.
I feel like AFM is much easier to beat.

AFM is much easier to beat. I tend to choke on the scoop shot to start the mode, of all infuriating things But once you start RTU you can usually complete it before the ball saver expires.

Regarding MM, I am also very good at missing the trolls and hitting the castle, which is frustrating both when you're trying to complete Trolls! and also when you're trying to get Master of Trolls during Multiball Madness, which is always my first objective of any game. Lighting and completing Trolls! multiple times per game (need to do it 3x if you don't hit both trolls during Royal Madness and never light Troll Madness before Multiball Madness) is the very long way of lighting that particular blue lamp.

But that uncanny talent comes in handy when you get to BFTK and you didn't earn or save two troll bombs.

I find the ball doesn't drain as easily when you hit the gate with the trolls up, at least.

#1204 1 year ago

Hello , i bought a parts lot with this cable inside, it looks a led mod may be for castle , anyone have some infos about thats like brand who made this ? there is a sticker on connector for " J5" thanks

Capture d’e?cran 2023-04-01 a? 23.05.55 (resized).pngCapture d’e?cran 2023-04-01 a? 23.05.55 (resized).png
1 week later
#1205 1 year ago

Anyone ever have issues with their MM with a 2nd ball being fed into the shooter lane if you wait too long. I did get a test message to check switch 33 trough ball 2. Could this just be a dirty opto? It does not do it all the time, but randomly, if it sits for over 3 minutes, you may be playing 2 balls.
Thank you in advance.

#1206 1 year ago
Quoted from eroomnek:

Could this just be a dirty opto?

Dirty opto, flaky opto, or balls not rolling down the ball trough.

LTG : )

1 week later
#1207 1 year ago

Joined the club last night! 2016 H.E.P., had to trade an arm and a leg for it, but it's finally mine!

PXL_20230422_063936510.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230422_063936510.MP (resized).jpg
#1208 1 year ago
Quoted from Rik_:

had to trade an arm and a leg for it,

Should have traded 2 legs , hard to play with one arm.

Congratulations...
Super fun game and HEP version!

#1209 1 year ago

Fun story time. My fiance and I would head down to the corner bar every Friday night for beers, and after awhile started playing the pinball machine they had set up, a beat up Medieval Madness. After awhile, it got routed out for a Scared Stiff. It was shortly after this we learned that the sister bar, a mile down the road, had a machine as well, Playboy set up.

Fast forward to the pandemic, and we missed playing pinball. After trying to locate a machine locally, we settled on owning our first pin, Avatar. I think we payed 4,000 for it, and told ourselves that we would use it to trade up to our grail, MM. Our next machine, Playboy, arrived due to Captain Jack and a over enthusiastic woman who decided to push down my finger on the mouse button after I had said the bid was over what i would pay haha!

A few more machines were purchased in the coming months, a Sega JP and a Stern Indiana Jones, which we ended up trading both for our Scared Stiff. Second machine of our pinball dating trifecta acquired!

During this time, Avatar had gotten a bit stale, and we ended up talking to a guy with a BK:SoR Premium that was interested in a trade. $1300 later we had worked out a deal and started enjoying the verbal beatdown of the Black Knight. I enjoyed the challenge of the pin, but the woman didn't, so when someone reached out to trade a BM66 straight across, we jumped on it.

Fast forward to 6 months ago, BM66 was getting blown up, billion points games, and the challenge was gone. After posting a few times looking for trades, we ended up trading for a decked out EHOH premium. Loved the game, became our favorite, hated having to take the glass of all the time to tweak things. After poking around locally for a trade, we were ready to make a deal on a GZ when I saw an ad locally for a HEP MM. The holy grail of our holy grail.

I reached out, expecting a "not looking for trades" response, or worse an already taken response. Instead there was interest for a trade, due diligence taken on both sides, and a deal was made for EHOH +$6k. The trifecta was complete, and the promise of Avatar -> MM was held!!!

Sorry for the long read, just like the story of how it all came together and finally happened.

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Fun story time. My fiance and I would head down to the corner bar every Friday night for beers, and after awhile started playing the pinball machine they had set up, a beat up Medieval Madness. After awhile, it got routed out for a Scared Stiff. It was shortly after this we learned that the sister bar, a mile down the road, had a machine as well, Playboy set up.
Fast forward to the pandemic, and we missed playing pinball. After trying to locate a machine locally, we settled on owning our first pin, Avatar. I think we payed 4,000 for it, and told ourselves that we would use it to trade up to our grail, MM. Our next machine, Playboy, arrived due to Captain Jack and a over enthusiastic woman who decided to push down my finger on the mouse button after I had said the bid was over what i would pay haha!
A few more machines were purchased in the coming months, a Sega JP and a Stern Indiana Jones, which we ended up trading both for our Scared Stiff. Second machine of our pinball dating trifecta acquired!
During this time, Avatar had gotten a bit stale, and we ended up talking to a guy with a BK:SoR Premium that was interested in a trade. $1300 later we had worked out a deal and started enjoying the verbal beatdown of the Black Knight. I enjoyed the challenge of the pin, but the woman didn't, so when someone reached out to trade a BM66 straight across, we jumped on it.
Fast forward to 6 months ago, BM66 was getting blown up, billion points games, and the challenge was gone. After posting a few times looking for trades, we ended up trading for a decked out EHOH premium. Loved the game, became our favorite, hated having to take the glass of all the time to tweak things. After poking around locally for a trade, we were ready to make a deal on a GZ when I saw an ad locally for a HEP MM. The holy grail of our holy grail.
I reached out, expecting a "not looking for trades" response, or worse an already taken response. Instead there was interest for a trade, due diligence taken on both sides, and a deal was made for EHOH +$6k. The trifecta was complete, and the promise of Avatar -> MM was held!!!
Sorry for the long read, just like the story of how it all came together and finally happened.

congrats! That was a great read. Thanks for sharing!

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Great story! Have fun with a real fun pin

#1212 1 year ago
Quoted from Rik_:

A $4000 avatar plus $7300 is a heck of a deal for a HEP MM! No where near arm and leg....

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

A $4000 avatar plus $7300 is a heck of a deal for a HEP MM! No where near arm and leg....

I was being a little dramatic I guess

#1214 1 year ago

Pulled the trigger on the Alternative Acrylic Backglass for MM by Brian Allen. Just arrived today and its awesome! Shout out to the guys at Flyland Designs...

mmr-le-alt-bg (resized).jpgmmr-le-alt-bg (resized).jpg
#1215 1 year ago

Very happy to receive these plastics in the mail today.

Someone was making the missing plastic.

I had a scan of the nude damsel, downloaded it somewhere almost 20 years ago I think.. don't know who originally made it or what's the history behind it. Probably someone's nsfw adaptation of one of the damsels plastics.

Anyway the person making the plastics had one made for me
20230427_173744 (resized).jpg20230427_173744 (resized).jpg

#1216 1 year ago

Can you send me the contact info? Id like on too!

Quoted from aeneas:

I had a scan of the nude damsel, downloaded it somewhere almost 20 years ago I think.. don't know who originally made it or what's the history behind it. Probably someone's nsfw adaptation of one of the damsels plastics.
[quoted image]

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

[quoted image]

With a face like that… I dunno, maybe keep it on

#1218 1 year ago

here's a more tasteful alternate plastic image you could use!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1219 1 year ago

That's based on an original damsel plastic.
There were 2 versions in use on the original MM.

received_1276177986647720 (resized).jpegreceived_1276177986647720 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1220 1 year ago

I have the one on the right. I have never seen the one on the left.

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Awesome story! Congratulations on a great deal and a terrific game!

1 week later
#1223 1 year ago

So I have the Damsel on the left - the very first LED bulb I ever bought was to light that plastic and make it easier to see . I think it was some insane price of $15 to $20 dollars !

#1224 1 year ago

I am in the Club since I got this very nice restored MM a couple of weeks ago. I only had to fix some minor things en put Comet led's and a LED OCD board in. Very happy with it. One question for you: since I shopped the playfield and put back the ramps and rails the ball will fly off off the rail that is leading to the left inlane. After some tweaking it only happens when the ball is forcefully catapulted into the rail, most left ramp shots will go well. Anyone experienced this? How do I get it back to its orignal state in which this didn't happen?

IMG20230524205033 (resized).jpgIMG20230524205033 (resized).jpgIMG20230524205055 (resized).jpgIMG20230524205055 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1225 11 months ago

Can you indicate where it becomes "derailed"?

#1226 11 months ago

I've been having a similar issue after installing precision flippers. A crisp shot up the left ramp tends to derail in the blue circled area noted in the picture. Before installing the new flippers this happened occasionally on a crisp catapult shot too.

Pinside_forum_7594527_0~2 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7594527_0~2 (resized).jpg
#1227 11 months ago

Mine was going too fast and flying off at the blue spot , so I put a thin piece of foam on the side of the ramp where it is not visible to slow the ball down, now the ball only flies off maybe 5% of the time as opposed to 50% of the time

#1228 11 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Mine was going too fast and flying off at the blue spot , so I put a thin piece of foam on the side of the ramp where it is not visible to slow the ball down, now the ball only flies off maybe 5% of the time as opposed to 50% of the time

Great idea! Would you mind annotating a picture or snap a pic of yours where you placed this foam?

#1229 11 months ago

On mine the ball was just barely hitting the top of the red plastic post just before the blue circle you posted. Dremeled down the tip a bit and haven't had the issue again.

#1230 11 months ago
Quoted from Rik_:

On mine the ball was just barely hitting the top of the red plastic post just before the blue circle you posted. Dremeled down the tip a bit and haven't had the issue again.

Same here, also make sure that the screw is tight into the metal post that holds the ramp in place in the same area.

#1231 11 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Great idea! Would you mind annotating a picture or snap a pic of yours where you placed this foam?

I’m sorry, my machine is on loan, I’ll get a pic soon I hope

#1232 11 months ago
Quoted from Rik_:

I had this issue too, I was able to just slightly bend the wireform a little to make sure it was leaning in towards the middle of the playfield a little. Taking the mounting nut off the bottom end helped facilitate being able to do so. Haven't had a ball fly off there in hundreds of plays since.

#1233 11 months ago

As I have mentioned before, I also had to trim some off the plastic post just before the blue circled area. The post extended up too far. On slow speed balls, the post just jiggled the ball some, but on high speed shots, the ball is launched.

#1234 11 months ago

I need to replace the split snap bushings in my drawbridge (OG). Has anyone been able to replace these without taking the whole thing apart? It looks like these bushings being split and a Snap fit that they could be installed over the bridge shaft, slipped in and snapped into place. That is if the old broken ones could be removed cleanly.
Any thoughts or tips even if the whole thing needs to be unassembled?
detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

#1235 11 months ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

It looks like these bushings being split and a Snap fit that they could be installed over the bridge shaft, slipped in and snapped into place.

No they can't. They are split to press them into the hole, but this only works without the axis in place.

#1236 11 months ago

I recently had a bulb go out on my left sling shot and had to loosen up a few things to replace it. I forgot to install the washer under the ramp wire form, and that was enough to cause the ball to fall off path in the exact location where you guys are describing.

2 weeks later
#1237 11 months ago

QUESTION GUYS/GALS: My original MM has zero featured lights working. The GI's are fine. I have tested the following:

1. Fuse F106 all good
2. Connector J125 all good
3. LED 102 is light on the Power Driver Board (MPU)
4. No broken wires that I can see...

I am out of things to check..

#1238 11 months ago

#1239 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I am out of things to check..

Voltage test points on driver board good ?

Power to driver board and leaving driver board good ?

Fuse F106 - put an ohm meter on it and see if it's drawing ohms, or put a jumper across briefly and see if the lights come on.

#1240 11 months ago

Strange thing started happening recently on my machine. At some point during a game, randomly it seems, the castle VUK will fire off twice in a row for no reason, and continue to do so every so often. Once this happens, the machine will start registering gate hits randomly anytime a coil goes off. Checked connections, optos are aligned, nothing weird shows up in switch test. Anyone have any ideas...been going on a month now and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. TIA

#1241 11 months ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Strange thing started happening recently on my machine. At some point during a game, randomly it seems, the castle VUK will fire off twice in a row for no reason, and continue to do so every so often. Once this happens, the machine will start registering gate hits randomly anytime a coil goes off. Checked connections, optos are aligned, nothing weird shows up in switch test. Anyone have any ideas...been going on a month now and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. TIA

Have you tried putting it in switch test mode and banging on the playfield with your palm to see if any switch(es) register from vibration? Could be a weak / failing opto at the gate but I'm not sure that would cause the VUK to fire.

#1242 11 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have you tried putting it in switch test mode and banging on the playfield with your palm to see if any switch(es) register from vibration? Could be a weak / failing opto at the gate but I'm not sure that would cause the VUK to fire.

Yup, nothing registers. It acts like it thinks a ball is in the VUK, but the random gate hits don't make sense to me. I don't want to play, it feels like cheating if I can hit the right flipper and clear a castle

#1243 11 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Could be a weak / failing opto

That or poor solder joints on the opto. And try cleaning them. And VUK be sure the thing hitting the ball isn't going the whole way back down and partially blocking the opto.

#1244 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

That or poor solder joints on the opto. And try cleaning them. And VUK be sure the thing hitting the ball isn't going the whole way back down and partially blocking the opto.

I'll check both, but outside of one coil the soldering on this machine seems to be pretty solid (HEP). What I can't understand are the random gate hits once the VUK starts doing it's thing, as far as I can tell they don't share any wiring.

#1245 11 months ago
Quoted from Rik_:

I'll check both, but outside of one coil the soldering on this machine seems to be pretty solid (HEP). What I can't understand are the random gate hits once the VUK starts doing it's thing, as far as I can tell they don't share any wiring.

Check your 12v power supply. I had a flintstones that behaved similarly and it was the 12v sagging under gameplay load which would make optos misfire

#1246 11 months ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

When you posted this it brought back old memories of when I restored my MM back in 2006. I have this mod in my machine yet today. I bought it off Ebay from Gary Burbacks Pinball Renaissance. At that time not too many people had websites and most mods were purchased off Ebay. Not sure, but he also sold a Knight set and lighted trolls too which are both still in my machine today.
The figurine (damsel) is from a toy company called Papo. They had alot of figurines that were made around the medieval times. At the time he was making this damsel mod I could never find it by itself. Looked many times on Ebay and elsewhere. It just eluded me. So I bought it from him.
I also found the original installation instructions for it and posted the cover page.
Not sure if you can find the damsel figurine today, but am happy to pass along what I know of it.
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to see these Knights figurines cross the atlantic
For your information They were made in Calvados (France), ! near my home
out of production since the late 2000s

This set is scaled with the game (as if it should have been there from the factory).
i made a few sets and i created Merlin's Magic Mod, where the crystal ball lights up is interactive 4 colors with the game!

i have different versions of the knight / spear
one horse in gold , one horse in blue/yellow and different knights
quality is very nice

IMG_7059 (resized).JPGIMG_7059 (resized).JPGIMG_E6981 (resized).JPGIMG_E6981 (resized).JPG

IMG_6972 (resized).JPGIMG_6972 (resized).JPG
#1247 10 months ago
Quoted from Rik_:

my experience is when strange things happen it’s because two exposed wires or connections are touching each other when they shouldn’t be. It’s generally happened after I’d repaired something and accidently touched something else and moved it slightly.

#1248 10 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

QUESTION GUYS/GALS: My original MM has zero featured lights working. The GI's are fine. I have tested the following:

is a “feature light” a lamp matrix light?

#1249 10 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

is a “feature light” a lamp matrix light?

Yes

#1250 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I rechecked the solder joints on both sets of optos, cleaned them, and made sure the VUK cleared the opto when firing. Still running into the issue. Quick firing the right flipper 3 or 4 times, then a second or two afterwards the VUK will fire twice. Doing the same with the left flipper does not cause the VUK to fire. I don't see anything abnormal in the switch tests. Only mod is a color dmd and a ocdled board, could either of these cause the issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.80
Playfield - Other
Steel Tiger Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,553 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-medieval-madness-owners-club-the-door-is-open-cmon-in/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.