IMG_7340 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7341 (resized).jpeg
436364443_775460884674008_2301375160972362777_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2611 (resized).jpeg
zzzzzzK.jpeg (resized).jpg
vio.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 3,936 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 79.
#251 13 days ago
Quoted from WAM:

Save your money and buy 3 Johnny mnemonics for the price of one John Wick. Way more fun to play than any Stern. And you don't have to call your distributor straght out of box best of all

I'm probably one of the few that LOVED that movie (showing what VR of the future could be before VR was any good, great industrial music soundtrack, henry rollins and Ice-T). If you see one for $2400 let me know.

#252 13 days ago

A revolver locking 3 balls for multiball would be wicked.

#253 13 days ago

Super curious to see what they decided to go with for this one. Dog, car, hotel, gold coins are all I remember of these movies. The rest was just an endless gunfight.

#254 13 days ago

The knock down, drag out battle with Ms Perkins (Adrianne Palicki) is the scene that sticks with me. She deserves a small depiction on the backglass.

#255 13 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I know it's hard for you JOHNNY Wick fans to understand,... but I might be in the minority perhaps but if we are talking about Keanu Reeves I'd much prefer him with Patrick Swayze as president surfers... in POINT BREAK!

couldn't agree more!

IMG_2347.gifIMG_2347.gif
#256 13 days ago

When will the game be available? Do you guys think I was about to pull the trigger on jaws but John Wick is a dream team for me movie wise way better than Jaws

#257 13 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

When will the game be available? Do you guys think I was about to pull the trigger on jaws but John Wick is a dream team for me movie wise way better than Jaws

Will be available immediately after the complete announcement next week. However, the pros will be prioritized to locations first. Best to talk with your distributor to see what they expect to get.

#258 13 days ago

looking forward to making-of footage of Keanu being goofy in the recording booth doing all the lines

#259 13 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Let me do you a favour and let you know it's 3 fucking hours long. I had no idea and it was exhausting, 3 hours for a popcorn action movie is insane. It has the same drop as all the other movies do to their previous.

Well, we started watching 4, and could only take an hour of it, lol. I turned to Rhondi and said, 'do you want to see a 'real' film' ? (that is old popcorn flick)..turned on SPEED, and there was no turning back just night/day difference in production with real sets, stunts, acting, lack of cgi, you get it.

#260 13 days ago

My favorite scene is the bathhouse.. had no idea places like that exist . But would have to wear my fat man swim shirt if I were to attend

#261 13 days ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I’m out. I already have a Keanu Reeves pin. “I’m making a long distance phone call”

I love my Johnny Mnemonic..def an older pin I'll never sell, unless I get out of the hobby. Callouts/Music are still (to this day) top notch.

#262 13 days ago

I was hoping for a new Metallica myself

#263 13 days ago
Quoted from John1210:

It's a good game but c'mon the reliability of that glove mech is one of the worst of that era.

Once I got the screw drive cleaned (operators loved to lubricate it for some reason, which turned to sludge almost immediately) and the switch replaced in the hand, the one I had worked reliably on route for years. The only route issue with that game is the spinner exploit, which is why you see it on route without the spinner.

It also has, hands down, one of the best Midnight Madness implementations.

#264 13 days ago
Quoted from ALY:

A revolver locking 3 balls for multiball would be wicked.

Fish Tales may have them beat hah! Fun idea though.

#265 13 days ago

I hope they bring back the pistol shooter mechanism for this one like Leathel weapon. It's probably too taboo nowadays, unfortunately

#266 13 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

It’s easiest to just buy them all.

#267 13 days ago

I am super excited to see the layout ! I feel the premium and LE are going to have a super awesome ball lock system. it just seem like it could be a possibility with the theme!

#268 13 days ago

People own the game already? That was fast

#269 13 days ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I hope they bring back the pistol shooter mechanism for this one like Leathel weapon. It's probably too taboo nowadays, unfortunately

A Wick pin is all about multiple kills with every instrument of death you can imagine.

Stern finally included clips of the Bond women in that pin. So hey, maybe shit is getting back to common sense normal.

#270 13 days ago

Where are all the leaks? I expected potato cam pictures by now.

#271 13 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Where are all the leaks? I expected potato cam pictures by now.

Especially with them being in the hands of so many owners in this thread already!

#273 13 days ago

Moderator's comment:

Gamingrulin Please leave the title as a "hype thread", rather than "owner's thread". The game isn't shipping yet.

#274 13 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I love my Johnny Mnemonic..def an older pin I'll never sell, unless I get out of the hobby. Callouts/Music are still (to this day) top notch.

agree 100%

#275 13 days ago

2 hype threads is so much more gooder.

#276 13 days ago

One of my favorite shirts bub.

Where’s all the Wick fans!!!

IMG_8191 (resized).jpegIMG_8191 (resized).jpeg
#277 13 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I think we need a JW preorder club thread to balance this all out.

#278 13 days ago

titanpenguin I started this thread since there was none others like march 19th! The other thread was started just a day or 2 ago!

#279 13 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Whycome?

#280 13 days ago
Quoted from McDoom:

This!!! I need me a non-shooter rod for a change. Need to add my gun collection to LaH, Dirty Harry, bat forever..but make it do more like LW3 and more. The gun could be translucent and change colors to red when you need to shoot. RGB gun boyz!

#281 13 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This!!! I need me a non-shooter rod for a change. Need to add my gun collection to LaH, Dirty Harry, bat forever..but make it do more like LW3 and more. The gun could be translucent and change colors to red when you need to shoot. RGB gun boyz!

I don't think Stern has ever done a non-traditional shooter rod ever. Guess there's always a chance, but I doubt it.

#282 13 days ago

Is it Tuesday yet?? Can’t wait to see the game! Big fan of the franchise! Let’s goooooo!

#283 13 days ago

"He Was The One You Sent To Kill The F***in' Boogeyman"

This saying should be the official title for John Wick hype or club thread

#284 13 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I was hoping for a pencil shooter rod. And a super xtra duper skill shot, with a call out of "With A Pencil".

#285 13 days ago

Just finished Jw4. Garbage. I hope the pin can be better than JW 2-3-4. The first film was really good. The left wing really got the best on the series, just like the Matrix. People ran out of ideas, less blood, more unbelievable stunts. Keano would’ve been in a hospital bed, an hour in. Junk food video. Speed was an oscar film compared to this.
And btw he sounds like a fukin retard when he talks.
On purpose? Yes.

#286 13 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Just finished Jw4. Garbage. I hope the pin can be better than JW 2-3-4. The first film was really good. The left wing really got the best on the series, just like the Matrix. People ran out of ideas, less blood, more unbelievable stunts. Keano would’ve been in a hospital bed, an hour in. Junk food video. Speed was an oscar film compared to this.
On purpose? Yes.

4th movie was horrible same thing repeated over and over again, action cars runs shoot each other bla bla bla, no talking or acting, nice to see someone else agree but like everything as much as disliked the movie and most movies anyways I always wish for a fun shooting pin regardless

#287 13 days ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

4th movie was horrible same thing repeated over and over again, action cars runs shoot each other bla bla bla, no talking or acting, nice to see someone else agree but like everything as much as disliked the movie and most movies anyways I always wish for a fun shooting pin regardless

exactly . Just want an innovating and exciting pin to spring out of it as well

#288 13 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

On purpose? Yes.

I love JW4. Fun movie to watch. Critics and the people love it to. I get it that certain movies are not for everyone, but it seems to be that JW4 is for a lot of people! I predict that this game is going to do very well on location, knowing that it has a huge fanbase and that it is officially a billion dollar franchise.
Super stoked for this game, this is one of my favorite franchises and I’m absolutely picking up this game!

If it is true that it is a new designer, I bet that it is going to sell very well in the pinball community.

IMG_2014 (resized).pngIMG_2014 (resized).png

#289 13 days ago

Sounds scripted, like JW4. You work for Stern? Honest question.

#290 13 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

he sounds like a fukin retard when he talks.

lol…someone called me out for calling something retarded once…what can I say,,,the 80’s raised me

#291 13 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

No, I do not. I just love the franchise and so do the critics.

#292 13 days ago

I started this thread first and so did my wife.

#293 13 days ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I love JW4. Fun movie to watch. Critics and the people love it to. I get it that certain movies are not for everyone, but it seems to be that JW4 is for a lot of people! I predict that this game is going to do very well on location, knowing that it has a huge fanbase and that it is officially a billion dollar franchise.
Super stoked for this game, this is one of my favorite franchises and I’m absolutely picking up this game!
If it is true that it is a new designer, I bet that it is going to sell very well in the pinball community.
[quoted image]

I don't think it's a super strong theme, I liked the movies but I think sales will boil down more to gameplay than theme on this.

Neil.

#294 13 days ago

I don’t notice the OP in club threads after the first visit. No idea who is the OP is in the threads I visit daily/weekly. Pinsiders don’t get credit for starting club threads, they get credit for contributing

If they’re the OP and contributing that is cool though

#295 13 days ago

Kaneda out front with the rumor that the Wick designer is Elliot Eismin with Tim Sexton coding. Eisman is young but had a hand in a lot of games so far...

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/elliot-eismin

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 8.31.18?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 at 8.31.18?AM (resized).png
#296 13 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

You're in the extreme minority in thinking JW4 is bad. It made a fortune, reviews from critics and fans were very high. You can not like it...not that Stern cares, but don't be silly in public.

#297 13 days ago
Quoted from JH315:

Kaneda out front with the rumor that the Wick designer is Elliot Eismin with Tim Sexton coding. Eisman is young but had a hand in a lot of games so far...
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/elliot-eismin
[quoted image]

I’m going to be out front of them all!

The game will have pinballs, flippers, ramps, and interactive toys. LE will get PC armor and a mirrored backglass.

#298 13 days ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I thought JW4 was amazing. The cinematography and set pieces were sick

#299 13 days ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I thought JW4 was amazing. The cinematography and set pieces were sick

For me it was amazing EXECPT for the stairway scene. I was so exhausted by then, I was ready for it to be over. Once he finally got to the dual it was redeemed.

#300 13 days ago

I thought JW4 was just way to long and drawn out. I love the series, 1-3 are amazing, but 4 just felt like a lot of retreading territory and to make up for it they just really pushed the run time too much. Remember this scene? Well now we are doing it three times as long! I liked alot of the ideas of it, but was weird to get annoyed at length of a gun fight which in the past movies was always non stop excitement.

Still love the franchise, a pin can be fun especially with the pounding techno soundtrack like the films shootouts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Reflex Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,699.00
Pinball Machine
JOHN WICK PREMIUM Pre-order!
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
John Wick Premium Pre-order!
Mad Pinball Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 120.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pin-Tools.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,936 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-wick-hype-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.