Image 5-5-24 at 5.58 AM (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_9618 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0502.jpeg
IMG_0503.jpeg
IMG_0504.jpeg
IMG_0505.jpeg
IMG_0501.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 34 days ago

Game - for sale

For sale: Elton John (CE)

Added: 2024-04-20 13:34:18 UTC • Expires: June 1st, 2024 15:34
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

Price

$ 15,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

Need a price reference? Check the Archive.

Contact seller

NIB Elton John CE Just picked up our Elton John CE(we had ordered awhile back) but circumstances have changed for us and we are moving out of state and can not take him with sadly. If you have been looking, you need look no more.

Item photos

IMG_0501.jpeg
IMG_0502.jpeg
IMG_0503.jpeg
IMG_0504.jpeg
IMG_0505.jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
Willing to ship mainland
Willing to ship overseas
Willing to deliver

Contact

Contact mcpin via PinsideMail.

Contact seller

Seller insights

These are mcpin's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

mcpin has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to mcpin's stats page

Item location

Mount Pleasant, WI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Other ads from this Pinsider

mcpin currently has 5 other ads on the Pinside marketplace.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI

#2 34 days ago
Quoted from mcpin:

we are moving out of state and can not take him with sadly.

You may be taking him.

1 week later
#4 20 days ago

how much was this new again?

#5 20 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

how much was this new again?

#6 20 days ago

Yup. Distributors have them in stock for $15k.

#7 20 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. Distributors have them in stock for $15k.

So what's the extra 500 for? To help with moving expenses?

#8 20 days ago

In the next five years these will be selling for 20k. Get one now! About 16,500 for most people paying tax and shipping from JJP.

#9 20 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

In the next five years these will be selling for 20k. Get one now! About 16,500 for most people paying tax and shipping from JJP.

You’re out of your mind. Anyone who is interested just continue waiting while this pin continues going down in price. 1k CEs - available all day and for much less in 6 months.

Owners can price pump this all they like - hold on for the huge drop.

#10 20 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

And I’m sure your position has nothing to do with the fact that you own this exact title.

#11 20 days ago

Owners have been price-pumping and spamming the Pinside ratings like mad on this title, it's actually funny to go see how many reviews are coming from a single source (JJP?), easy to spot. EJ should have been priced same as Scooby (which is a fun pin) or Labyrinth (which I predict might be a 20k pin someday), it's just JJP really increasing that margin to stay afloat. They certainly aren't using the money to hire any code teams.

#12 20 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Laughable, like your ebay ads for insanely overpriced games that have been listed for 5 years.

#13 20 days ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Owners have been price-pumping and spamming the Pinside ratings like mad on this title, it's actually funny to go see how many reviews are coming from a single source (JJP?), easy to spot. EJ should have been priced same as Scooby (which is a fun pin) or Labyrinth (which I predict might be a 20k pin someday), it's just JJP really increasing that margin to stay afloat. They certainly aren't using the money to hire any code teams.

Or maybe it’s just that good. I keep seeing people who haven’t put any time on it give JJp crap.
Stern Le with topper is more than a JJp CE now!
The quality of EJ is far superior in every way.
I’ve literally sold my sterns since EJ arrived. I like where JJP is headed. The future looks to be amazing.
I haven’t always thought that either.
I’m not saying EJ is gonna be worth 20k I’m just saying that apples to apples it’s far better than any current stern in all category’s
Theme is subjective

#14 20 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Or maybe it’s just that good. I keep seeing people who haven’t put any time on it give JJp crap.
Stern Le with topper is more than a JJp CE now!
The quality of EJ is far superior in every way.
I’ve literally sold my sterns since EJ arrived. I like where JJP is headed. The future looks to be amazing.
I haven’t always thought that either.
I’m not saying EJ is gonna be worth 20k I’m just saying that apples to apples it’s far better than any current stern in all category’s
Theme is subjective

Apples to apples, ALL games are severely overpriced. This game will be the same cost as a PE inside of 6 months.

#15 20 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

HOLY SHIT! I checked your collection. I was SHOCKED to see you OWN ONE!!!!!

#16 20 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Apples to apples, ALL games are severely overpriced. This game will be the same cost as a PE inside of 6 months.

If you don't own the game, probably not qualified to say how awesome or not it is. All those who paid up seem to be thrilled with their purchase. If you see a NIB CE for 12k in 6 months I will be the first to buy it. Many seem to love the game but hate the price. Hello, It takes more money to develop and manufacture a more feature loaded game. Show me a game more feature loaded selling cheaper. Sorry, not going to happen. I will say you may find discounts on other games as people unload theirs to buy this. I would imagine you could find one in 5 years with 20,000 plays at a discount if you prefer to save, but not NIB.

IMG_9618 (resized).jpegIMG_9618 (resized).jpeg
#17 20 days ago

Funny that the bar for JJP is so low that when they finally come out with a fun shooting game that feels good with mediocre code it’s the second coming of pinball Jesus and is actually underpriced for how amazing it is!!

#18 20 days ago

Apparently after being mostly snuffed out, the pinball price police are starting to regroup. Sorry, you won't gain any traction on this title. Solid game at a fair price with customers who love it.

#19 20 days ago

Do you think renting a truck big enough to move all these pins is more expensive than just asking a reasonable price? Seller doesn't seem to motivated for someone that's moving...

#20 20 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

I would imagine you could find one in 5 years with 20,000 plays at a discount if you prefer to save, but not NIB.[quoted image]

Del, del, del. Almost all CE's will be HUO, and I rarely see a HUO game with even 1-2k plays. 20k plays...wtf?

People looking for a discount are looking for NOB. Since COVID, NIB games almost never get discounted from Stern/JJP. Bond 60th may be an outlier, given the insane starting price.

Your unabashed promotion of this game is really off the charts. I have no doubt folks purchasing the game like it, but the license is also limiting its sales (as I've said in other posts). It's not just about price. It's a nice SR design/effort, but there is nothing new here other than a crazy topper and light show. I look forward to owning one down the road...as many of us see this game in a much different light (and as you know, I've played it).

#21 20 days ago

I don’t think you need to own a game to know if it’s good or not. I think EJ is really a great game. It’s the best JJP game to date. I’ve played but not owned every game that they have released. Even POTC. I’m not a JJP or a music pin fan usually. CE is out of my budget. I would definitely get one on the secondary market. I would trade my MMr for one plus cash.

#22 20 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Del, del, del. Almost all CE's will be HUO, and I rarely see a HUO game with even 1-2k plays. 20k plays...wtf?
People looking for a discount are looking for NOB. Since COVID, NIB games almost never get discounted from Stern/JJP. Bond 60th may be an outlier, given the insane starting price.
Your unabashed promotion of this game is really off the charts. I have no doubt folks purchasing the game like it, but the license is also limiting its sales (as I've said in other posts). It's not just about price. It's a nice SR design/effort, but there is nothing new here other than a crazy topper and light show. I look forward to owning one down the road...as many of us see this game in a much different light (and as you know, I've played it).

“Many”? 10 or 20? Less?

It’s much more than “nice” as so many that actually own EJ know

MUCH better than an absurdly overpriced Bond 60th

Get one someday. Sure, this guy is clueless

#23 20 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Show me a game more feature loaded selling cheaper. Sorry, not going to happen.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
shoots EXACTLY the same too!

#24 20 days ago

SAme arguement. They are not in the same league of quality. Have you explored EJ yet? Build quality? It makes that Star trek look like a home pin.

#25 20 days ago

Is mcpin, pindel's burner account?

#26 20 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

SAme arguement. They are not in the same league of quality. Have you explored EJ yet? Build quality? It makes that Star trek look like a home pin.

LOL okay, JJp still folding hard metal tabs over bare led strips in the head? Yup. SAM system is the -modern- gold standard, WTF are you smoking bro?

#27 20 days ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

LOL okay, JJp still folding hard metal tabs over bare led strips in the head? Yup. SAM system is the -modern- gold standard, WTF are you smoking bro?

Ive had them all. The last few JJP titles feel like Disney world rides, Sterns now feel like Six flags. Both fun to play but, build wise your wrong here. Lighting, sound, LCD use, is all leaps above the other makers. If you havent explored an EJ in person in a good environment to appreciate it then you really can't argue. Sorry, Not trying to be a turd.
Nothing I have EVER played before feels or acts like EJ. IT is absolutely on another level of pinball excitement. With that, Im out. lol gLWTHS

#28 20 days ago

What about EJ’s screen use it leaps and bounds above Stern? Last time I played EJ, it was just dumb still images of like glasses and stuff.

#30 20 days ago

This JJP vs Stern argument that happens on every thread is boring. So, this guy is trying to flip a game for $500 profit in 2024?

#31 20 days ago

Every Elton John I played at pinfest was throwing lighting node board connection errors on and off when being played. Let’s not pretend that they are some pinnacle of manufacturing prowess. It’s ok to like a game from multiple manufacturers, I promise! No need to pick sides, they all just want your money.

#32 19 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Many”? 10 or 20? Less?
It’s much more than “nice” as so many that actually own EJ know
MUCH better than an absurdly overpriced Bond 60th
Get one someday. Sure, this guy is clueless

Yeah, at 20k NIB Bond 60th was absurdly overpriced. At 15k NIB (what many paid 6-12 months later) it's still overpriced Fair price would have been 12k for NIB. That never happened because it's a very modest run @ 500 units and is a killer license. It's also an Elwin old school design, which is unique for those of us that like 80's inspired drop-target dominated games.

As artwork, Elton blows Bond 60th out of the water. As a game, it's hard to compare given the wildly different design points. I like both games and designers.

License is the big gotcha for Elton. I'm a music nerd and appreciate his music, but the theme doesn't seem to be resonating with the pinball community. Bond 60th, OTOH is a killer pinball license. Timeless. In general, Stern seem to nail licensing. TS4, GF, and now Elton...licenses that don't wow the pinball community. The review below strikes a chord with me.

I will get one someday and see for myself!

Image 5-5-24 at 5.58 AM (resized).jpgImage 5-5-24 at 5.58 AM (resized).jpg
#33 19 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

This JJP vs Stern argument that happens on every thread is boring. So, this guy is trying to flip a game for $500 profit in 2024?

Please! Do you understand what profit means? It's total cost -selling price. Go on JJP website for price + shipping+tax. You will not pay 15k out the door. If seller paid tax and shipping he is taking a loss.

#34 19 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Obviously having some fun speculating with some exaggeration. The big takeaway is this game has entered an all new level for a pin. Where it goes and what is does will be seen by all. So far it went from a stupid theme that will never sell to an awesome game that owners love. To me, that speaks for itself. I said 6 months ago this was going to be a 20k nib game, I stand by that. Don't be pissed at me when that happens. Buy today and be happy.
IMG_7774 (resized).jpegIMG_7774 (resized).jpeg

#35 19 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Please! Do you understand what profit means? It's total cost -selling price. Go on JJP website for price + shipping+tax. You will not pay 15k out the door. If seller paid tax and shipping he is taking a loss.

Can't help that the seller is taking a loss. I could buy a NIB CE today for 15k delivered and no tax. You have to compare what is available NOW vs. the OP asking price, so he is making a $ 500 profit vs the price someone would pay today.

#36 19 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

I said 6 months ago this was going to be a 20k nib game, I stand by that.[quoted image]

Delusional

#37 19 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Can't help that the seller is taking a loss. I could buy a NIB CE today for 15k delivered and no tax. You have to compare what is available NOW vs. the OP asking price, so he is making a $ 500 profit vs the price someone would pay today.

The big problem with your statement is you are keeping your source for this price secret from buyers. Please do tell or stay quiet.

#38 19 days ago

Fact, Pirates blew 20k out of the water. Your positive and can't happen again?

IMG_9648 (resized).jpegIMG_9648 (resized).jpegIMG_9649 (resized).jpegIMG_9649 (resized).jpeg
#39 19 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

The big problem with your statement is you are keeping your source for this price secret from buyers. Please do tell or stay quiet.

Why would anyone buy direct from JJP and pay full boat ? Motivated distros sitting a ton of un-sold capital realizes 1 in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Better yet, why don't you take your own advice and buy up the remaining 500 CE's at 16.5k each (tax and shipping) for 8.25M, sit on them for 12 months then start selling them at 20k for 10M and you will easily net 500k after interest on the 8.25M.

If you really think it will shoot to 20k, put up your money or stay quiet.

#40 19 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Why would anyone buy direct from JJP and pay full boat ? Motivated distros sitting a ton of un-sold capital realizes 1 in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.
Better yet, why don't you take your own advice and buy up the remaining 500 CE's at 16.5k each (tax and shipping) for 8.25M, sit on them for 12 months then start selling them at 20k for 10M and you will easily net 500k after interest on the 8.25M.
If you really think it will shoot to 20k, put up your money or stay quiet.

So, still quiet on your 15k out the door source?

#41 19 days ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

[quoted image]
shoots EXACTLY the same too!

Cool, Just like the vw bug is basically the same as a Porsche. All I can say is drive them both before you buy at a great discount.

#42 19 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Fact, Pirates blew 20k out of the water. Your positive and can't happen again?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Del, we only met for a few hours, but believe you are both smart & successful. IIRC, ~200 Pirates CE's were built. That low number is the biggest factor in the appreciation of Pirates, along with the license and gameplay. All those factors explain the insane price. There are 400 TRON LE's which explains the insane prices for that game (sold mine for 21k).

1000 Elton CE's combined with the "meh" license reception will limit the price appreciation you keep pushing. I'm convinced you must know this (and I really don't want to be condescending, since I respect you), so I'm confused why you keep the propaganda flowing!

#43 19 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Don't be pissed at me when that happens. Buy today and be happy.
[quoted image]

Pissed? If your predictions unfold, I will take you out for the best steak dinner money can buy. Will you offer me the same deal if your prediction doesn't unfold

#44 19 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

It’s not hard to figure out. Live in a tax free state, find one of the many distros having dust collect on their $15k inventory with a meh license. Negotiate free shipping. Done. And there are absolutely distros who will negotiate the shipping. Some are advertising it on certain titles already.

#45 19 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Not quiet. You paid full price early FOMO. There is this "thing" called a phone and this other "thing" called cash in hand. It's really pretty fucking simple.

I'll prove it to you in June as others have already found out.

#46 19 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yeah, at 20k NIB Bond 60th was absurdly overpriced. At 15k NIB (what many paid 6-12 months later) it's still overpriced Fair price would have been 12k for NIB. That never happened because it's a very modest run @ 500 units and is a killer license. It's also an Elwin old school design, which is unique for those of us that like 80's inspired drop-target dominated games.
As artwork, Elton blows Bond 60th out of the water. As a game, it's hard to compare given the wildly different design points. I like both games and designers.
License is the big gotcha for Elton. I'm a music nerd and appreciate his music, but the theme doesn't seem to be resonating with the pinball community. Bond 60th, OTOH is a killer pinball license. Timeless. In general, Stern seem to nail licensing. TS4, GF, and now Elton...licenses that don't wow the pinball community. The review below strikes a chord with me.
I will get one someday and see for myself![quoted image]

The Bond I have, an LE, is a great pin, with all the assets of the license you could hope for and then some.

A must have theme for me. Jaws is great too, and on the same level in many ways. Elwin’s best shooting game.

There are plenty of Stern games that “don’t wow the community” as well.

I’m thankful for JJP making some themes I and plenty of others enjoy. They make some I won’t buy like DI and TS4.

EJ is a worldwide iconic figure with timeless music that transcends outside the “community”.

From what I have heard from the horses mouth, JJP is doing quite well financially. Big $$ on GNR and $30 mill on GF. And now EJ.

And Harry Potter is coming soon. Matrix?

We know that’s the beauty of pinball, if you don’t like one game there will be plenty of others to pick from.

This FS thread keeps getting bumped. And yet it is still sitting there.

I love the Pindel enthusiasm and share his love for this game, but at 1,000 I don’t see future price increases.

That goes for Stern even more so. Guaranteed to lose $$$. Many in the “community” don’t like that either.

#47 19 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Pissed? If your predictions unfold, I will take you out for the best steak dinner money can buy. Will you offer me the same deal if your prediction doesn't unfold

You have a deal! Whoever comes closest wins. If NIB CE"S goes up in price I win, If it drops you win.

#48 19 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

You have a deal! Whoever comes closest wins. If NIB CE"S goes up in price I win, If it drops you win.

I'm on your side when it comes to everything about EJ except this. I think ALL NIB buyers lose now. That's just how it is since the companies got hip to people flipping their LE games on the secondary market. You can expect to eat 2-3K on any LE, I think. BUT...

That doesn't stop me from buying LEs because I always get themes I'm passionate about. I haven't had a bad game yet going with my gut, and when I have sold games, it hasn't bothered me in the least when I lost money. (Except, maybe MBLE when I lost about 3k because I finished the damn thing in 2 months.)

If you love the theme and the game and you think you'll have it for a long time, who cares if you lose money? I view it as a rental fee. If I keep a game 3 years and lose 3K, I've only paid less than $100 a month during that time to have the game in my house. Still a great deal if it brings you a ton of enjoyment.

#49 19 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Please explain how taking a loss is making a profit. That is juvenile and rude. Sounds like 5th grade playground logic. The two statements are opposite. Keep in mind, this is a real seller who paid this much or more for the game. He is now moving. Your 12k NIB EJCE will never happen no matter how much you scream. Prepare to Pay up or sit out.
I encourage this seller to load EJ in the moving truck and list it for 20k in a year.

#50 19 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm on your side when it comes to everything about EJ except this. I think ALL NIB buyers lose now. That's just how it is since the companies got hip to people flipping their LE games on the secondary market. You can expect to eat 2-3K on any LE, I think. BUT...
That doesn't stop me from buying LEs because I always get themes I'm passionate about. I haven't had a bad game yet going with my gut, and when I have sold games, it hasn't bothered me in the least when I lost money. (Except, maybe MBLE when I lost about 3k because I finished the damn thing in 2 months.)
If you love the theme and the game and you think you'll have it for a long time, who cares if you lose money? I view it as a rental fee. If I keep a game 3 years and lose 3K, I've only paid less than $100 a month during that time to have the game in my house. Still a great deal if it brings you a ton of enjoyment.

Same, I wouldn't sweat the loss on something I've enjoyed as well. I'm talking about the unopened EEJCE box. To me this is a rare combination of theme and quality that will hold a value like not many do. I understand this goes against the recent JJP sales history. Will a game this unique and popular be in a different league? I obviously think so. Time will tell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Whitty Pinball Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-elton-john-ce-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.