(Topic ID: 355838)

Crazy overpayers.....

By racer34v

22 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 12-00-04 No Reserve Bally Evel Knievel Pinball Machine (resized).png
    #1 22 days ago

Whenever a pin goes through the auction website 'bring a trailer' the prices are comical....

Currently live:https://bringatrailer.com/listing/pinball-machine-10/

Historical:

https://bringatrailer.com/search/?s=pinball

#2 22 days ago

The description pretty much shows that at least part of the target audience is non-pinheads:

“The cabinet is outfitted with a glass playfield cover…”

#3 22 days ago

I need to get some of them glass covers for my games

#4 22 days ago

“ Players launch balls onto the playfield using a spring-loaded plunger, and the game features various target zones that allow players to accumulate points and earn free plays.”

#5 22 days ago

Someone paid $8500 for one of the most common pins, completely unrestored.

With only a $100 listing fee, and 5% commission, You would be crazy to sell your games any place else!

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 12-00-04 No Reserve Bally Evel Knievel Pinball Machine (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-03 at 12-00-04 No Reserve Bally Evel Knievel Pinball Machine (resized).png
    #6 22 days ago

I love the writing that always sounds like this...

Buttons on the cabinet sides activate the "flipper" mechanisms. Skillful use of the flippers can induce favorable ball trajectories, resulting in higher scores.

#7 22 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

With only a $100 listing fee, and 5% commission, You would be crazy to sell your games any place else![quoted image]

At least it wasn’t the home version!

#8 22 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

With only a $100 listing fee, and 5% commission, You would be crazy to sell your games any place else![quoted image]

Yeah the 5% commish is responsible for the buyer. No fee beyond the 100$ list for the seller.

I'm trying to run my high speed through there but they have had a 'rush of pin machines of late' and want to space them out a little more.

Based on the auction results it is no wonder! I commented a link to pinside as a 'buyers reference' and it was immediately deleted.

#9 22 days ago

Don't send more people to Pinside.

The more people that get into pins, the higher OUR prices become!

#10 22 days ago

I wonder if a purchase like that is even a real buyer, or some scheme trying to claim an inflated value for depreciation or a tax writeoff, or otherwise money laundering somehow.

#11 22 days ago

I'm sure it's real.

In the comments, people are saying that they are surprised they won.

I mean, if someone is willing to pay $8,200 , it must be worth $8,500.... right?

#12 22 days ago

Has anyone seen this? Rick is an idiot... Cow Poke 3,200 WTF

#13 22 days ago

I get a few of these types a year where they way overpay for a base game and try to convince me how nice it is and it won’t need much.
    Once I explain I would paint a new cabinet,clear a new playfield etc and that they could have gotten the exact same final results with a much cheaper base game they never reply back. I quit answering.
    Been a thinking about doing something car themed way over the top and throwing it up there on speculation.
    I could stand to hit a lick with one of these projects every so often it’s probably outside of pinball on a site like that is the best bet.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-overpayers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.