(Topic ID: 352905)

Am I missing something? LCD question (missing screws?)

By M3RI0

73 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 73 days ago by M3RI0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Strange floating screen GotG install (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
PXL_20240305_233004193.PORTRAIT~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240305_233059090 (resized).jpg
#1 73 days ago

Hello all,

Quick question, I hope. Just got this pinball used and noticed the LCD was a little off center, so I open the back box to check it out.

Turns out nothing is holding it in place. My question is, is there a piece or pieces that go here in order to keep the LCD up against the screen window?
PXL_20240305_233004193.PORTRAIT~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240305_233004193.PORTRAIT~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240305_233059090 (resized).jpgPXL_20240305_233059090 (resized).jpg

#2 73 days ago

There should be a screw (tiny) in each hole that goes from speaker plate into display. Also if it's the right side of display bottom screw gets the ground line coming from back box.

#3 73 days ago

Hey there yes there are spose to be 2 screws on each side! Like these

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4 73 days ago
Quoted from M3RI0:

Hello all,
Quick question, I hope. Just got this pinball used and noticed the LCD was a little off center, so I open the back box to check it out.
Turns out nothing is holding it in place. My question is, is there a piece or pieces that go here in order to keep the LCD up against the screen window?[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm willing to help you with this....even though I don't think that is my light kit installed. I'm really having a hard time understanding what has been done there from your pictures, but I can tell you this: The screen SHOULD be up against the back of the plastic shield that is on the back of the speaker panel and there SHOULD NOT be any screws in those screw holes going through the speaker plates with that type of speaker light install.

Feel free to email me at my support e-mail at [email protected] and the first thing I would ask for is to remove the 4 nuts holding the speaker plates on, and take them off to see how the light frames and screen are mounted.

I'm interested in seeing what was done and helping you out.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#5 73 days ago

Those plates are elevated, I see that now! Good eye Doug....

#6 73 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Those plates are elevated, I see that now! Good eye Doug....

Yeah, the screws that were mentioned should have been used to hold the screen to the light frames if things were installed correctly there.

I have a feeling that the person installing the light kit may have removed the screws from the speaker plates, removed the speaker plates, put the light frames on, but not installed the screws into the sides of the light frames and into the screen. Then just kinda pinched the screen between the light frames and put on the speaker plates and they have been, barely....I'm expecting, keeping it in there.

I've never seen that before, but I did see someone keep the speaker plates and screen screwed together. They removed the 8 nuts holding the speaker plates on, removed the whole speaker plates and screen piece together, put down the light frames and then put the speaker plates and screen back down on them. So, the screen was just kind of floating 1/2" behind the clear shield behind the panel and being held in place by the speaker plates on each side.

There are other things that should also be corrected with that install, and I hope the OP reaches out.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Strange floating screen GotG install (resized).jpgStrange floating screen GotG install (resized).jpg
#7 73 days ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yeah, the screws that were mentioned should have been used to hold the screen to the light frames if things were installed correctly there.
I have a feeling that the person installing the light kit may have removed the screws from the speaker plates, removed the speaker plates, put the light frames on, but not installed the screws into the sides of the light frames and into the screen. Then just kinda pinched the screen between the light frames and put on the speaker plates and they have been, barely....I'm expecting, keeping it in there.
I've never seen that before, but I did see someone keep the speaker plates and screen screwed together. They removed the 8 nuts holding the speaker plates on, removed the whole speaker plates and screen piece together, put down the light frames and then put the speaker plates and screen back down on them. So, the screen was just kind of floating 1/2" behind the clear shield behind the panel and being held in place by the speaker plates on each side.
There are other things that should also be corrected with that install, and I hope the OP reaches out.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image]

This was EXACLY the case. After my initial post, I located the screws in the parts box. When I went to screw them in, they only lined up if I raised the LCD off the glass, making it look like the pic you provided above. Noticed that could not be right, so I removed the screws and also the speaker plates and revealed the light kit frame which elevated the speaker plates. There were screw holes in place for me to attach the LCD so I put them there and laid the led strip back around the speaker kit frame. Looks perfect now.

Thanks for the help you all, this would have explained everything on the money if I had not have dug into the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 80.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waco, TX
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-missing-something-lcd-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.