IMG_1696 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1683 (resized).jpeg
20240509_170955 (resized).jpg
077E864A-8FC2-4F10-9C1E-95602338E374_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 8.59.13 am (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 134.
#6601 29 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

thanks! Unfortunately it’s six pieces unless you have a huge bed slinger. Several passes with high filler primer two different colors for highs and lows with glazing putty to hide seams. Lots of sanding. Lots of patience. [quoted image]

You’re making Stern Star Wars toppers?

#6602 29 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

You’re making Stern Star Wars toppers?

I have the old one I could sell lol mine are actually screen accurate

#6603 27 days ago

Cause nothing says I’m into pinball like some valve stem caps.

I probably should have printed more on the plate, since these 4 took 7 hrs at .16mm .

IMG_3346 (resized).jpegIMG_3346 (resized).jpegIMG_3347 (resized).jpegIMG_3347 (resized).jpegIMG_3348 (resized).jpegIMG_3348 (resized).jpeg
#6604 27 days ago
Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

Cause nothing says I’m into pinball like some valve stem caps.
I probably should have printed more on the plate, since these 4 took 7 hrs at .16mm .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ha! How in the world are those going to stay on? I am also a car guy and can honestly say I would never in a million years have thought of creating 3D printed pinball machine valve caps! 10 out of 10 for originality!

#6605 27 days ago

With rubber valve stems be aware that something wagging around on the exterior can cause the valve stem to fatigue/crack/break and hose you royally....those may not have enough mass to wag much at all, though.

#6606 27 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

Ha! How in the world are those going to stay on? I am also a car guy and can honestly say I would never in a million years have thought of creating 3D printed pinball machine valve caps! 10 out of 10 for originality!

They are printed with threads. They're pretty tight. I printed some mini grenades for my kids bike.

Quoted from jrcmlc:

With rubber valve stems be aware that something wagging around on the exterior can cause the valve stem to fatigue/crack/break and hose you royally....those may not have enough mass to wag much at all, though.

These are short stems and highly doubt that will be an issue, but I'll for sure check them occasionally. I'm sure the TPMs will let me know

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6607 27 days ago

They are printed with threads. They're pretty tight. I printed some mini grenades for my kids bike. [quoted image]

I am thinking of the centripetal force at HWY speeds trying to pull them off and deforming the plastic threads. Maybe not enough mass to worry, but curious what your long term high speed testing shows!

#6608 27 days ago

I have four Saturn 2 and a epax 1156 with a z axis of 400mm in 4K with A proprietary blend of Saraya resins if anyone needs something big

#6609 27 days ago

Them wagging around at speed is what I'm talking about. I've seen this first hand, well not with pinball prints on valve stems but exterior tire sensors wagging around and eventually breaking not 1 but 3 valve stems in one trip. good times.

Quoted from RobF:

I am thinking of the centripetal force at HWY speeds trying to pull them off and deforming the plastic threads. Maybe not enough mass to worry, but curious what your long term high speed testing shows!

#6610 27 days ago

The generic gold plates from amazon have been performing well, I have a lot of time on them and the only thing and this is really subjective, is I think they lose their finish/smoothness/whatever faster under TPU than the real bambu plates, but I have really started treating them as disposable anyway I will run one side until it's shit then flip it, then mark it to be used as TPU only afterwards...then when those start sticking like gorilla glue they go in the trash.

#6611 27 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Them wagging around at speed is what I'm talking about. I've seen this first hand, well not with pinball prints on valve stems but exterior tire sensors wagging around and eventually breaking not 1 but 3 valve stems in one trip. good times.

Sure, nice vibrating moment arm (hehe...shut-up Beavis!). I can imagine maybe some damage it if finds a natural resonance frequency.

#6612 27 days ago

They are printed with threads. They're pretty tight. I printed some mini grenades for my kids bike.

These are short stems and highly doubt that will be an issue, but I'll for sure check them occasionally. I'm sure the TPMs will let me know [quoted image]

I modeled some starbucks cups to go on my bicycle. Not sure I'd want a piece of plastic that's only wedged on plastic to be on a car traveling at 60mph.

#6613 27 days ago

The micro SD card in one of my bambu printers finally crapped out (I get a "no micro sd card detected" message when I send a remote print). When I put it in my computer, doesn't even recognize it (even went in disk manager). Luckily I had a backup card lying around.

#6614 27 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The micro SD card in one of my bambu printers finally crapped out (I get a "no micro sd card detected" message when I send a remote print). When I put it in my computer, doesn't even recognize it (even went in disk manager). Luckily I had a backup card lying around.

I’ve only ran PNY (pick and real brand here) cards in mine since I bought them. I just had one brick. No clue why, card is trash now. Same thing with not even being seen on the computer. At least they’re cheap.

All the talk of wobbly valve stems made me do some research (specifically on external TPMS). I guess it can be an issue, but doesn’t look that common. We generally drive less than an hour at speeds over 70 in one shot maybe 3-4 times a week. However we are taking a trip this next weekend (5hrs one way) and I think I’ll remove them for that…. cause damn that would suck being so far from home. Or maybe I just put them on the golf cart, but the color doesn’t match.

#6615 27 days ago

It does suck. Lol. Probably wouldn't be an issue but as someone who carried 2 spares in the race trailer and needed 3 that day, it sucked. Lol

Quoted from ManbearpigOG:I’ve only ran PNY (pick and real brand here) cards in mine since I bought them. I just had one brick. No clue why, card is trash now. Same thing with not even being seen on the computer. At least they’re cheap.
All the talk of wobbly valve stems made me do some research (specifically on external TPMS). I guess it can be an issue, but doesn’t look that common. We generally drive less than an hour at speeds over 70 in one shot maybe 3-4 times a week. However we are taking a trip this next weekend (5hrs one way) and I think I’ll remove them for that…. cause damn that would suck being so far from home. Or maybe I just put them on the golf cart, but the color doesn’t match.

#6616 26 days ago

Can someone point me to a profile or somesuch for prusaslicer / P1S? I read there is some functionality of editing STL's in basic ways in prusa now that I wanted to check out.

Scratch that it looks like maybe that's cura and I rememebered wrong.

#6617 26 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Yes that’s the reason you always use short valve stems

#6619 21 days ago

How about a gottlieb logo flipper...anyone have a file for those? swinks or Mr_Tantrum or anyone wanna throw down on doing that for me...or I can model the flipper easy enough just not the logo, maybe we can tag team her

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6620 21 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

How about a gottlieb logo flipper...anyone have a file for those? swinks or Mr_Tantrum or anyone wanna throw down on doing that for me...or I can model the flipper easy enough just not the logo, maybe we can tag team her
[quoted image]

I would if I had one on hand

it is still available: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/25972Y

I found the horizontal logo so could turn that into a vertical if you like - just let me know

#6621 21 days ago

I would like...please. Thanks.

Quoted from swinks:I would if I had one on hand
it is still available: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/25972Y
I found the horizontal logo so could turn that into a vertical if you like - just let me know

#6622 21 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I would like...please. Thanks.

horizontal or vertical

#6623 21 days ago

vertical like the pic (and this pic lol)

PXL_20240502_210835414 (resized).jpgPXL_20240502_210835414 (resized).jpg
#6624 21 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

vertical like the pic (and this pic lol)
[quoted image]

ok, no worries - just did the horizontal amd will do the vertical now

#6625 21 days ago

Well swinks you are handy to know.

#6627 21 days ago

just sent you all the files and this is a screen shot of the final model you wanted

sorry I don't have the gottlieb flipper to model up

Gottlieb vertical (resized).pngGottlieb vertical (resized).png
#6628 21 days ago

Thanks. I'll see what I can do. Wife will choose the very minute I remove one of the flippers to want to play that game that she hasn't touched in 2 weeks lol... So we'll see. Thanks buddy.

#6629 21 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Thanks. I'll see what I can do. Wife will choose the very minute I remove one of the flippers to want to play that game that she hasn't touched in 2 weeks lol... So we'll see. Thanks buddy.

I sent you a bally wms flipper bat with the logo embedded to try out with that approach, have fun.

I know it is the wrong flipper but it is just a test print suggestion to have the font embedded as then could flip the print and print face down & print flush on a textured print

Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 8.59.13 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-05-03 at 8.59.13 am (resized).png

#6631 21 days ago

I just looked and I'm shocked there are no gottlieb flippers already drawn and available. None that are even close to being right anyway.

#6632 21 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I just looked and I'm shocked there are no gottlieb flippers already drawn and available. None that are even close to being right anyway.

That IP is closely monitored unfortunately.. it is likely there are many models already done.. but just for private use.

#6633 21 days ago

Really? of the 99378 pieces of bullshit pirated crap on here and this is the thing that's watched lol

If anyone has a model of this and wants to share it I promise to not re-share it or tell anyone who gave it to me.

Quoted from koji:That IP is closely monitored unfortunately.. it is likely there are many models already done.. but just for private use.

#6634 21 days ago

I tried the embedded font and with a standard nozzle it loses the small star pattern but still looks pretty good

077E864A-8FC2-4F10-9C1E-95602338E374_1_105_c (resized).jpeg077E864A-8FC2-4F10-9C1E-95602338E374_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#6635 21 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Really? of the 99378 pieces of bullshit pirated crap on here and this is the thing that's watched lol
If anyone has a model of this and wants to share it I promise to not re-share it or tell anyone who gave it to me.

yes, that's why there are no gottllieb manuals on ipdb. If you buy a gottlieb and don't have a manual, you gotta go buy one on ebay.

#6636 21 days ago

I saw that.... My manual is original to the game but still brand new, I actually thought about scanning it lol.

Quoted from toyotaboy:yes, that's why there are no gottllieb manuals on ipdb. If you buy a gottlieb and don't have a manual, you gotta go buy one on ebay.

#6637 21 days ago

Just got me one of these bad boys! Any suggestions on software, I’m a 100% beginner so any tips would be awesome! Originally bought it for board game pieces but looking to follow these awesome pinball creations you guys have been sharing!

https://www.elegoo.com/products/elegoo-mars-3-lcd-3d-printer

#6638 21 days ago
Quoted from PinFascination:

Just got me one of these bad boys! Any suggestions on software, I’m a 100% beginner so any tips would be awesome! Originally bought it for board game pieces but looking to follow these awesome pinball creations you guys have been sharing!

I have a suggestion, be really careful with uncured resin (treat it like poison). Also wouldn't suggest running it inside your house.

#6639 20 days ago

As stated, but important enough to repeat: Resin is toxic. Take the safety recommendations seriously.

#6640 20 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

As stated, but important enough to repeat: Resin is toxic. Take the safety recommendations seriously.

Thanks for the warning guys! Was going to start the journey this summer where I can leave it print outside or in the garage possibly as our first print was in the basement and took a while to get rid of the smell.

#6641 20 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I have a suggestion, be really careful with uncured resin (treat it like poison). Also wouldn't suggest running it inside your house.

I will repeat too. Resin is toxic.

#6642 20 days ago

Congrats on joining the 3d printing world! It is a lot of fun. Just a note - sorry if this has been said - resin printers are AMAZING at creating super detailed prints that require minimal
Finishing. However, the trade off is the prints are generally fragile. If you plan on making structural or functional prints you will probably want to get an FDM printer in your arsenal at some point. Cheers!

#6643 20 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Congrats on joining the 3d printing world! It is a lot of fun. Just a note - sorry if this has been said - resin printers are AMAZING at creating super detailed prints that require minimal
Finishing. However, the trade off is the prints are generally fragile. If you plan on making structural or functional prints you will probably want to get an FDM printer in your arsenal at some point. Cheers!

Thanks any idea of what software you guys like the most or would recommend for creations?

#6644 19 days ago

Looks like microcenter is doing 10% off bambu printers..they have a promo for desktops, monitors and printers and they are including 3d printers it appears.

#6645 14 days ago

What did I do? UPS guy busted out the ha d truck today at my stop.

20240509_170955 (resized).jpg20240509_170955 (resized).jpg

#6646 14 days ago

Lol looks like here. IIIDmax looks like?

Quoted from JodyG:

What did I do? UPS guy busted out the ha d truck today at my stop.
[quoted image]

#6647 14 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Lol looks like here. IIIDmax looks like?

Yeah, 30 roll bundle is pretty solid for printing out swag. I was woefully unprepared for how fast the free keychains left my stand at the last show.

#6648 14 days ago

For all you fallout fans. Almost done with this AER9 laser all printed on my Bambu’s

IMG_1683 (resized).jpegIMG_1683 (resized).jpegIMG_1684 (resized).jpegIMG_1684 (resized).jpegIMG_1694 (resized).jpegIMG_1694 (resized).jpegIMG_1696 (resized).jpegIMG_1696 (resized).jpegIMG_1697 (resized).jpegIMG_1697 (resized).jpeg
#6649 14 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

For all you fallout fans. Almost done with this AER9 laser all printed on my Bambu’s
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Amazing job on this. Looks fantastic!

#6650 14 days ago

great job!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 6,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 134.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/133 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.