Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by mof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

316092030_10160241924886271_1712898153783903821_n (resized).jpg
    316066487_10160241924951271_4897527273722001293_n (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

I have a friend driving about six hours to pickup a machine that I am shopping out, etc for him. He has a 2018 Rav4 Hybrid. I'm not finding much of anything in the "Vehicles That Will Move A Pin Thread" so I decided to just ask.

Has anybody attempted this? I know I could have him measure, but oh Lordy if he doesn't do that right and drives all of that way.

Edit: Hybrids have a bump in the seats. So a hybrid will fit differently than a non hybrid.

#2 1 year ago

I have a 16 non hybrid and it fits any pin. I believe it’s the same generation so should be similar.

But who knows if there’s a big difference

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I have a 16 non hybrid and it fits any pin. I believe it’s the same generation so should be similar.
    But who knows if there’s a big difference

Same gen, but I guess from reading the pins will fit threat the 4th gen hybrids have some kind of bump in the seat. So the fit has not been f=confirmed given what I have read.

#4 1 year ago

I fit a safe cracker in a 2019.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

I fit a safe cracker in a 2019.

Hybrid?

#6 1 year ago

Not hybrid.

#8 1 year ago

I'm not finding much of anything in the "Vehicles That Will Move A Pin Thread" so I decided to just ask.

#9 1 year ago

Seems RAV4 find in topic seems to been a fairly popular topic to discuss. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tq=Rav4&tu=

I see so many people only measuring only the middle of the cargo door area. That will not always tell you what will actually fit. Make sure you measure at the edges since most SUVs curve along the sides of the cargo area.

29 1/2" needed for System 11 and WPC games. Plan on moving Stern and Gottlieb games, need to have up to 34" in height

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Seems RAV4 find in topic seems to been a fairly popular topic to discuss. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tq=Rav4&tu=
    I see so many people only measuring only the middle of the cargo door area. That will not always tell you what will actually fit. Make sure you measure at the edges since most SUVs curve along the sides of the cargo area.
    29 1/2" needed for System 11 and WPC games. Plan on moving Stern and Gottlieb games, need to have up to 34" in height

I easily moved a Stern TMNT Pro with my 2018 RAV4 (non hybrid). If the size envelope of a Stern is bigger than a WPC, I'd say you could easily move a WPC with the RAV4 hybrid, as long as the battery pack storage of the hybrid doesn't somehow impinge on the storage area size in the rear of the vehicle, which I don't think it does.

#11 1 year ago

Like you said, non hybrid is different.

I have a 22 RAV4 hybrid (not sure on differences) and it fit a STTNG.

Not sure if that helps, but good luck!

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yes, I have read through all of that. Nobody has commented on whether or not a Gen 4 Rav4 Hybrid can fit a WPC era machine. I trust myself to measure a vehicle, I have less faith in others.

Quoted from SNES:

Like you said, non hybrid is different.
    I have a 22 RAV4 hybrid (not sure on differences) and it fit a STTNG.
    Not sure if that helps, but good luck!

Sadly, the 2022 is a different design/generation.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Yes, I have read through all of that. Nobody has commented on whether or not a Gen 4 Rav4 Hybrid can fit a WPC era machine. I trust myself to measure a vehicle, I have less faith in others.

Sadly, the 2022 is a different design/generation.

So turns out I lied. I have a 21. Not sure if that changes things or not. It’s a company car so I really don’t pay a lot of attention to it haha

#14 1 year ago

Definitely measure the opening yourself. Having a sunroof can have an impact on the available height.

I don't why most don't post the actual measurements.

Should always measure to the highest point with the backbox folded.

#15 1 year ago

Personally I am horrible at measuring. I moved my Gottlieb Strikes and Spares and the opening was fine. The angle caused the head to hit and half the game to be hanging out of the back.

I usually just bring ratchet straps, shove the game in as much as it can go and ratchet it in. I’ve had some interesting moves including the Strikes and Spares above haha

#16 1 year ago

My 2005 RAV4 fit any pin. I could even load a boxed pin (without pallet) in it and it's a lot smaller than the newer ones.

Even if there was a slight hump in the second row seating due to the battery, that's the skinny end of the pin shouldn't be a problem at all.

#17 1 year ago

Not a Rav 4, but we traded our 2014 non hybrid Highlander (fit all pins no problem) for a 2020 hybrid highlander and I no pins I've tried will fit in it. Guessing batteries caused several inches in design.

1 month later
    #18 1 year ago

A WPC will fit in a Gen 4 Hybrid Rav 4, but it is not a fun experience. Time to go an ice the back.

316066487_10160241924951271_4897527273722001293_n (resized).jpg316066487_10160241924951271_4897527273722001293_n (resized).jpg316092030_10160241924886271_1712898153783903821_n (resized).jpg316092030_10160241924886271_1712898153783903821_n (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #19 32 days ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

A WPC will fit in a Gen 4 Hybrid Rav 4, but it is not a fun experience.

Thank you for posting this!!!
    How much roof clearance once inside?

Is there clearance for cardboard and a few 1" dowels to help move it?
    thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-rav4-hybrid-will-it-fit-a-wpc-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.