(Topic ID: 355850)

Why we should all own pinball machines

By JohnnyHomeBrew

20 days ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 20 days ago

I was reading "Beyond Order" by psychologist Jordan B. Peterson, and the following I think completely explains why we should all own a pinball machine:

"Buy a piece of art. Find one that speaks to you and make the purchase. If it is a genuine artistic production, it will invade your life and change it. A real piece of art is a window into the transcendent, and you need that in your life, because you are finite and limited and bounded by your ignorance...You need to establish a link with what is beyond you...and the invitation of beauty into your life is one means by which that may be accomplished."

Is a pinball machine "art". Absolutely. It is a beautiful piece of kinetic, interactive art.

#2 19 days ago
    Quoted from JohnnyHomeBrew:

I was reading "Beyond Order" by psychologist Jordan B. Peterson, and the following I think completely explains why we should all own a pinball machine:
    "Buy a piece of art. Find one that speaks to you and make the purchase. If it is a genuine artistic production, it will invade your life and change it. A real piece of art is a window into the transcendent, and you need that in your life, because you are finite and limited and bounded by your ignorance...You need to establish a link with what is beyond you...and the invitation of beauty into your life is one means by which that may be accomplished."
    Is a pinball machine "art". Absolutely. It is a beautiful piece of kinetic, interactive art.

Agreed! Once the collection begins the obsession grows! Beaty likes to be surrounded by beauty which means one is never enough!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-we-should-all-own-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.