Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by StoneyCreek
  • Topic is favorited by 449 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    76KeV.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

Thanks! Added to favorites!

#3 10 years ago

All Hail VID!

#4 10 years ago

Yes! Nice a job Anth and thanks again to Vid for sharing all his knowledge!

#5 10 years ago

woot woot Thanks Vid! and than you Anth for putting the links in one easy place to find.

#6 10 years ago

I visit vid's collective regularly, and now they are easy to find!

2 weeks later
    #7 10 years ago

I think there are quite a few of us that would be in a world of shit, if not for the "the great and powerful Vid".

#8 10 years ago

Vid, you're too cool.

1 year later
    #10 9 years ago

VID1900 for President !

4 months later
    #11 8 years ago

Shuna done that, he's just a boy!
    76KeV.jpg76KeV.jpg

That is what I hear in my head instead of "boooooooooy" in Phantasm when I see Vid's initials.

#24 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure I owe vid about 300 beers.

1 month later
    #28 8 years ago

If the OP doesn't step in and add all these links in his original post, I might be tempted to start a new thread and maintain it myself.

#29 8 years ago

I just checked, and he has not logged in to Pinside in over a month.

#30 8 years ago

Vid i tried to no avail to get you a sub but if beezleboob makes and maintains a thread it would be the next best thing. Youre a monstrous help to me and every pinhead here! Just want to shoot you a THANK YOU!

#31 8 years ago

I'm happy to do it. I just don't want people thinking I'm a DB for starting another thread. RI bin should make it a sticky when I do it so it's always on top and easy to get to.

#32 8 years ago

Vid should start the master Vid thread imo...
    -mof

#33 8 years ago

Fantastic! Thank you!

#34 8 years ago

If you haven't seen it, I restarted this thread and will keep it updated and revised (and organized better).

And I'm around enough here to do it. Anth! Where are you!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guides-a-pinside-compendium-updated-72015

1 month later
    #35 8 years ago

any recommended guide for cabinet restoration?

#36 8 years ago

It's in my collected guide - link just above your post. Look under Restoration/Cabinet.

3 weeks later
    #38 8 years ago

Wow, he's been churning out guides like a madman. Since both of the collected threads are now stickied and beelzeboob's is already updated and revised I'm not sure I should bother. Please advise.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

I'm pretty sure I owe vid about 300 beers.

I would need to add to that tally as well.

Another THANK YOU VID!!!!!!

7 months later
    #40 8 years ago

Any chance for an "easy to read" Gottlieb Bulletproofing guide?
    Something similar to the bally/stern and williams guides with helpful pictures and clear directions.

3 years later
    #41 4 years ago

If you want to see just vid1900 's posts on a thread, click the little sillhouette near the post number:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Or add ?tu=vid1900 to the end of the URL.

e.g. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers?tu=vid1900

#42 4 years ago

Is there a where's Vid vid's guide?

#43 4 years ago

Don't worry he is watching!

3 years later
    #44 1 year ago

I just took shipment of an EBD that has drop targets with all the ink worn down, and the 2 ball has dropped for good. Is there a guide for replacing the plastic targets on a drop target bank?

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I just took shipment of an EBD that has drop targets with all the ink worn down, and the 2 ball has dropped for good. Is there a guide for replacing the plastic targets on a drop target bank?

You just need a screwdriver, nut driver, and some common sense. Nothing magical tearing down drop target banks.

Some long needle nose pliers are good for the springs though.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

You just need a screwdriver, nut driver, and some common sense. Nothing magical tearing down drop target banks.

That's kind of a relief...thought maybe there was some tricky stuff I should research before ripping into it. thanks for the reassurance.

#47 1 year ago

I just rebuilt my flippers in #the_walking_dead but the plastic paddles that push the OES open are now catching on the short part of the EOS on their way back to rest. Does anyone have any thoughts? I guess I could file a bit of the plastic down to make the clearance.

#48 1 year ago

Trim the end of the switch. It just needs the 'rivet' part to connect.

#49 1 year ago

Trim the end of the switch. It just needs the 'rivet' part to connect.

Thx!

#50 1 year ago

You weren't lyin'. It took me a while to figure out how to re-align the seven-target bank, but now it looks and operates so much cleaner. thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guides-collected and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.