You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_133350 (resized).jpg
20240423_074101 (resized).jpg
#1 43 days ago

Hello
I have TAF with a strange slam tilt and flippers issue. Right flipper button sometimes triggers all flippers and sometimes locks them on.. Also some slam tilts too. ( thinking slam tilt may be separate issue in switch matrix. not sure, one problem at a time..) Diodes on all coils checked. Also connections on Fliptronics board checked too. All diodes /Transistors on Fliptronics board checked. I don't have a spare board. I do have Fliptronics II board in other games. Can use it? I know it has the built in PSU. So there will be one connector not connected I think.

#2 43 days ago

It’s possible, I’ve done it, you will need to remove the rectifier bridge and bypass it with two jumpers, then replace the power input connector since they’re keyed differently. You may need to slightly reroute the wiring harnesses to get the connectors to reach, and avoid pinching it under the larger pc board. The screw holes will line up.

#3 42 days ago

Thanks Mthomasslo ! Was hoping not to do that on a good board from my working game.. just for testing. I guess might be better to work with the original board and troubleshoot more.

Hoping someone else has seen this and has an idea.

#4 42 days ago

It's possible to replace a fliptronics board with a fliptronicsII board, but not a good idea.

I would just, you know, fix the game. If it's a problem on the fliptronics board, fix the fliptronics board.

Do the basics:

Reseat the ribbon cables. Addams generally has been played harder and longer than other pinballs. Consider replacing the ribbon cables.

Shut off power and press firmly on the big square chip on the CPU board with your thumb.

When I have a strange symptoms, intermittent, I suspect power. Do you have 12v at J905 on the fliptronics board? Or is it less than 12V?

Look at the power driver board, find C2 (it's next to the heatsink to the left of Fuse F115). This capacitor is frequently failing, and it leaks electrolyte that starts to corrode the traces. Any problems here?

To be completely sure what we are talking about, is the game resetting with diagonal lines? Or is it just resetting? (I'm pretty sure you know the difference, but some people don't!)

There is a thread about Slam Tilt being caused by the opto isolator chips connected to the flipper buttons that don't run the flippers, but do things like lane changes and entering your initials. The thread isn't very focused on exactly what you are saying you are having problems with, but the flippers DO connect to the switch matrix inputs at the opto isolators and problems with the opto isolators can cause SLAM TILT:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slam-tilt-and-game-reboots-on-taf-with-both-flipper-activated

Other people have had to replace the LM339 chips on the fliptronics/fliptronicsII boards, but I haven't personally seen that problem.

Let us know what you find... this kind of troubleshooting can be difficult, simply because Addams Family pinballs have problems that you don't see on other machines simply because of the extraordinary amount of wear and tear.

Good luck!

1 week later
#6 31 days ago

Ok Game fixed. Was not fliptronics Board! Problem was D1 Diode was out of tolerance on the power driver board. Note to self always check power fully! see pics attached.

Thanks to PinRetail and zaza and other in the other link provided.

20240423_074101 (resized).jpg20240423_074101 (resized).jpg20240422_133350 (resized).jpg20240422_133350 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Torrance, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-adams-family-fliptronics-i-for-ii-board-swap-posible and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.