9 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Tuukka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 days ago

Another weird stumper for me. Wpc Driver board very clean. All voltages present . all ics have 5vdc. Issue is no solenoids, feature lamps or gi works. Its as if the small ribbon cable is disconnected. Ive repaired various issues on dozens of these over time and this one is odd. I also verified blanking trace from plug to all associated ics as this line is common to them. Any ideas? thanks in in advance! JR

#2 9 days ago

Does the CPU work with another driver board? The ASIC might bit a bit loose in its socket.

#3 9 days ago

Had this problem a couple of weeks ago, it was C2 corrosion that had dripped down and corroded through the traces going from the ribbon cable to U1 (etc...).

But as Tuukka says, test the suspect part in the known good system to get it down to which 'module' you are having problems with. Might be CPU, might be ribbon cable, might be power driver board.

#4 9 days ago

It is power driver board surprisingly. I though asic etc as well but ruled out.

#5 9 days ago

Must be something that is common to all drivers. Blanking comes first to my mind, you verified the trace but could you check the actual logic level also? Should be near 0.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-wpc-driver-board-no-coilsfeature-lamps-or-gi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.