Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How do I feel about this?”

• Jaws LE IS the single greatest machine in the history of pinball! 22 votes
    9%
  • Er... rankings should be based on weighted average across all versions. 27 votes
    11%
  • I'm unable to perceive sarcasm on the internet. 15 votes
    6%
  • Hardbody, bitches. 27 votes
    11%
  • Be better if Elton John ate the ball(s). 38 votes
    15%
  • No peace without a two-state solution. 9 votes
    4%
  • Disney is ruining Star Wars and Marvel. 40 votes
    16%
  • The voting is rigged. 71 votes
    29%

(Multiple choice - 249 votes by 202 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
176h0h (resized).jpg
bo-derek-2-1-2000-3033fd6db1694da2928947cf42d6ce01 (resized).jpg
IMG_2667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4627 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240409_162126_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
LE ratings bs.gif
IMG_6168 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.09.22?AM (resized).png
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 26 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Great game. /thread

Pretty decent game. /thread

#602 26 days ago
Quoted from Jewmangi202:

The drift is real for sure and as others have pointed out the Pro feels like such a step behind from the premium/LE.

Pro moved up to #108
Progress

1 week later
#603 19 days ago

They had a new point release last week, and the game rocketed up two more spots. It is now version 0.88. If present trends continue, version 1.0 game should debut at -4 of the top 100

#604 19 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I know, I know, the top 100 doesn't mean anything.

You felt compelled to make another top 100 thread that doesn't mean anything?

#605 19 days ago

I guess the big news this week is Mustang fell 11 spots! ouch.

otherwise Jaws climbed up two spots and Elton John and Monster Bash switched spots at 9 and 10.

Hardbody still needs six more ratings! come on folks, you don't have to play it to rate it! Give it a 10, like Bo Derek

And before you ask, like the gangs of LA, this post will never die, just multiply.

bo-derek-2-1-2000-3033fd6db1694da2928947cf42d6ce01 (resized).jpgbo-derek-2-1-2000-3033fd6db1694da2928947cf42d6ce01 (resized).jpg
#606 19 days ago
Quoted from Crash:

You felt compelled to make another top 100 thread that doesn't mean anything?

It's a kind of Dadaesque response to existentialism; in a world without meaning the only thing that makes sense is top 100 pinball lists.

#607 19 days ago

Hardbody will feature in the Ladies' bank at the Allentown pinfest tournament this weekend. Oughta bump it up a few spots.

I played Jaws this weekend past in Florida, and I enjoyed it. I think it's fair to say it's a good game but there are 19 games that are better.

#608 19 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it's fair to say it's a good game but there are 19 games that are better.

176h0h (resized).jpg176h0h (resized).jpg

All joking aside, it's not better than twd, it's not better than batman 66, it's not better than shadow, it's not better than star trek (either sttng or stern). But never the less, on pinside if a game isn't number one, somehow it's a failure.

#609 19 days ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

(but some are more fun)

#610 19 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]
(but some are more fun)

That sign needs to play some BBQ.

#611 19 days ago

Can I just say Dr. Dude at 231 is much better than the similarly crazy red haired protagonist Party Zone at 188.

I'm downright livid about it.

#612 19 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Can I just say Dr. Dude at 231 is much better than the similarly crazy red haired protagonist Party Zone at 188.
I'm downright livid about it.

They are both terrible games!!

I like the concept and art but the layouts are BAAAAD...especially Dr. Dude!

The Rankings get it right again!

#613 19 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are both terrible games!!
I like the concept and art but the layouts are BAAAAD...especially Dr. Dude!
The Rankings get it right again!

Of course they are terrible, but I require that my terrible games be ranked correctly.

And the concepts are also terrible.

#614 19 days ago

Of course they are terrible, but I require that my terrible games be ranked correctly.
And the concepts are also terrible.

In the early 90s they seemed oddball and interesting therefore all companies should be trying to do the same thing in 2024!

#615 18 days ago

American Pinball's highest rated game is Valhalla, a game they didn't even make, at 92. Hot Wheels is next at 100. Doing a quick calculation of Galactic Tank Force, which isn't ranked yet, it would end up replacing Hot Wheels at 100.

Their games are definitely not this bad.

Though I guess it's kind of charming and refreshing they haven't budgeted for paid shills.

#616 18 days ago

American Pinball's highest rated game is Valhalla, a game they didn't even make, at 92. Hot Wheels is next at 100. Doing a quick calculation of Galactic Tank Force, which isn't ranked yet, it would end up replacing Hot Wheels at 100.
Though I guess it's kind of charming and refreshing they haven't budgeted for paid shills.

How does one apply to become a paid shill? Have you seen how expensive games have gotten? I gotta afford them somehow

#617 18 days ago

American Pinball's highest rated game is Valhalla, a game they didn't even make, at 92.

Meh....

#618 18 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

How does one apply to become a paid shill? Have you seen how expensive games have gotten? I gotta afford them somehow

I'm assuming it's important to not naturally be that into any of the manufacturers so one of them is more likely to tap you on the shoulder, or else you are doing it gratis.

#619 18 days ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#620 18 days ago

20 is a good spot for the time being, but I will say that Jaws is a better game & better shooter than Deadpool or Stranger Things…and I own both of those games!

#621 18 days ago

Seems about right to me tbh

#622 18 days ago

This bad? As someone who appreciates pinball all the way back to pre-war bagatelles, top 100 all-time is rarefied air to me. If anything, I'd say they're overrated at 92 and 100. I can walk through the VFW and play hundreds of games I enjoy more than any American game.

#623 12 days ago

+2 to #18

EJ is #2

#624 12 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

+2 to #18
EJ is #2

Pulp fiction SE made its debut at #27

#625 12 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Pulp fiction SE made its debut at #27

Pulp Fiction is surprisingly fun, not sure on it’s longevity tho.

#626 12 days ago

movin' on up

200w.gif200w.gif
#627 12 days ago

Played a Jaws premium this weekend for the first time. Liked it quite a bit more than the pro. But, then again, I like upper PFs when they're done well. This one was.

It's pretty clear that if Stern ever has to downsize significantly, Elwin will be the last designer standing.

#628 12 days ago

I bought a Jaws pro at Allentown, and suddenly I care very deeply about all of this, and I apologize for slighting those who post about the 100 and take it seriously. You cannot take this stuff too seriously, it's not possible.

Basically, I will be living or dying on the Pinside 100 ranking of this game, and as soon as I can figure out how to do it will be rating Jaws #1 and every other game ever made will be getting destroyed in the ratings by my keyboard.

Ive suddenly come to realize that if you don't care about this stuff, you are a moron, and if you don't intertwine your self-worth with the pinball rankings of the games you own, you have zero perspective or self-awareness.

So AFM, MM, Godzilla...all of you overrated shitbags; I'm coming for you baby!!! Your run is over, as I'm making it my life's mission to destroy you.

Kindly eat shit and die all games that aren't Jaws, and that's a NICE thing to say compared to how I feel about you people who aren't ranking Jaws highly. And once I figure this flagging business out, ALL of your reviews of other games are in for a very long week.

Good day to all of you.

#629 12 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I bought a Jaws pro at Allentown, and suddenly I care very deeply about all of this, and I apologize for slighting those who post about the 100 and take it seriously. You cannot take this stuff too seriously, it's not possible.
Basically, I will be living or dying on the Pinside 100 ranking of this game, and as soon as I can figure out how to do it will be rating Jaws #1 and every other game ever made will be getting destroyed in the ratings by my keyboard.
Ive suddenly come to realize that if you don't care about this stuff, you are a moron, and if you don't intertwine your self-worth with the pinball rankings of the games you own, you have zero perspective or self-awareness.
So AFM, MM, Godzilla...all of you overrated shitbags; I'm coming for you baby!!! Your run is over, as I'm making it my life's mission to destroy you.
Kindly eat shit and die all games that aren't Jaws, and that's a NICE thing to say compared to how I feel about you people who aren't ranking Jaws highly. And once I figure this flagging business out, ALL of your reviews of other games are in for a very long week.
Good day to all of you.

I'm glad you finally came to your sense. Your financial and mental health depend on this game getting to at least the top 10 of all time. Any enjoyment of the game is fleeting. Monies and leaderboards are forever. Just ask Ozymandias

#630 12 days ago

I mean, clearly people do care, if the old members are constantly complaining about discussing it.

#631 12 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I bought a Jaws pro at Allentown, and suddenly I care very deeply about all of this....

Take it to the Pro vs Prem thread buddy!!

#632 12 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good day to all of you.

Lol, indeed. The hell with meditation and helping your fellow man, as long as you own the number 1 pinball game in the world, you will feel great about yourself and look down on the loosers who don't own it, which really helps in feeling great, right???

#633 12 days ago

Can we make this an Elton John thread now? That pin is in for a wild ride

#634 12 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Rebrand the thread as the hot movers in the top 100. Like Dick Clark’s whatever thing he did with pop
Music.

#635 12 days ago

Levi, what's your address? I think you need a free sample of my wares.

#636 10 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Elton Jaws.

#637 10 days ago
IMG_0683 (resized).jpegIMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
#638 9 days ago

With that criteria Elton is the goat.

#639 9 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good day to all of you.

This post was almost perfect…almost. Just needed the Willy Wonka
“I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!” gif at the end.
womp womp better luck next time

#640 5 days ago

Jaws stays the course at 18. Pinside smacks Elton John down 8 spots. And Labyrinth premiers at number 3 on the all time great list (for now).

#641 5 days ago

Yeah, a big week for the top 100! Labyrinth shows up strong at position number 3! and Elton is pummeled out of the top 10 to position #11. Jaws is beached at #18. With Wick announced and attention turning to what's next from Stern, I doubt we will see much more radical movement from Jaws. Also Bond fell four and Pulp Fiction fell five (to #32).

I like Labyrinth, it's a great theme for pinball and it feels like you are getting your money's worth on the playfield. More than that it's just nice to see a new pinball company show up and hit a home-run on their first at bat. I doubt Barrel of Fun is as polarizing as Stern at this point so I wonder if folks are going to feel the need to review bomb it down the list by next week? (But, let's be honest, is it really the third greatest pinball game of all time? Does it even belong in the top 10?).

And speaking of poor Keanu, any bets on where that's going to debut? Pretty low I'm guessing based on the general animosity toward it's art package. :-/

#642 5 days ago

I think Labyrinth is fine. It's possibly the best first game out of a new manufacturer. But def not top ten. Top 50 of all time, sure. Maybe even top 30 of all time.

John Wick will be a blood bath of self righteous anger.

#643 5 days ago

So… out of curiosity, is there a cap on the number of times a thread can get renamed? I mean… does this thread have a point or is this some sort of organic/dynamic way to get as many posts associated with your username as possible?

#644 5 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

So… out of curiosity, is there a cap on the number of times a thread can get renamed? I mean… does this thread have a point or is this some sort of organic/dynamic way to get as many posts associated with your username as possible?

Apparently not!

But I do think the point of this thread has finally been accurately captured in the new name; endless (pointless) micro-analysis of the top 100. You are always more than welcome not to participate. Or to come here and bitch how much you hate this thread! All forms of passive-aggression are welcome here!

And remember folks, downvotes are free!

#645 5 days ago

Labyrinth at number 3 shows how broken the top 100 really is IMO.

#646 5 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Labyrinth at number 3 shows how broken the 100 really is IMO.

There are three rotating cabbage patch dolls on the top of the game so I think it's appropriate.

#647 5 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

But I do think the point of this thread has finally been accurately captured in the new name; endless (pointless) micro-analysis of the top 100.

We're glad you've just no figured this out

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There are three rotating cabbage patch dolls on the top of the game so I think it's appropriate.

Sick topper brah

#648 5 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe Barrels of Fun will do a Chucky pinball machine next...

#649 5 days ago

I'm hoping they'll do Muppet Show and have animated Statler & Waldorf figures that heckle you from the backbox.

#650 5 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'm hoping they'll do Muppet Show and have animated Statler & Waldorf figures that heckle you from the backbox.

that would be AWESOME!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Rio Rancho, NM
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 101.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 17.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Delight

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet Parts
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfields
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Twisted Tokens

$ 32.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-enters-the-top-100-at-77/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.