Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61qRD9Vek7L (resized).jpg
    #1 52 days ago

I'm buying new legs from Pinball Life that state they are chrome plated. Should I spray anything on them to inhibit rust? It seems all the legs I purchase get pitted after a while.

#2 52 days ago

shouldn't have too if its not in a wet damp area.

#3 52 days ago

No u shouldn’t have too I got them legs from PBL before they are fine they hold up ,if your in a damp basement anything will rust

#4 52 days ago

I've never had new legs rust on my games. Unless your basement is running crazy high humidity you should be fine. If it's a concern you could put a coat of wax on them or a coating like boeshield t-9 (there's other coatings made for machinery like table saw tops that would be good too).

#5 52 days ago

Notice he’s in Cleveland, though. Everything decays in Cleveland…sorry, nothing you can do.

- (signed…Pbgh native)

#6 52 days ago

I would put one drop of penetrating oil on the threads of each leg leveler.
    .................David Marston

#7 52 days ago

I've always thrown a coat of wax on all new chrome legs, and on all used chrome legs after a dunk in Evaporust and a washdown, because why not.

#8 52 days ago

Rem Oil from gun shops or sporting stores........

61qRD9Vek7L (resized).jpg61qRD9Vek7L (resized).jpg

#9 52 days ago
    Quoted from JimmyZee:

I'm buying new legs from Pinball Life that state they are chrome plated. Should I spray anything on them to inhibit rust? It seems all the legs I purchase get pitted after a while.

Where is your machine basement ?

#10 52 days ago

I put a coat of wax on them. It's more durable than gun oil.

But the legs generally shouldn't rust in a space that doesn't get wet, humid, or change temperature rapidly enough to form condensation. So, if you can keep them out of those environments, they should be fine.

#11 51 days ago

Chrome polish….thats what it’s for.

#12 51 days ago

Lumalegz is what you need. You need LUMALEGZ!

#13 51 days ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Chrome polish….thats what it’s for.

Polish is not a protectant. It's...a polish.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-protect-a-new-set-of-legs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.