Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jahbarron
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

I agree with you Iceman, I don't know if they will make it or not. Even if they reopen people have either lost their jobs or are afraid to spend any money.

If they can reopen and run maybe at half capacity for awhile maybe they will be ok but I dont see any way that they open back up at full capacity like they were before the shit storm hit.

I think it would be a great idea for them to focus on their quality right now too since their only customers will now be people buying games for their home because they demand it. Location pinball is dead for a long time is my guess. I bet Stern and JJP both is kind of wishing right now that they wouldnt have pissed off their faithful customers because they sure could use them right now. I want a Elvira and a JP but I wont buy because I'm scared of their quality and they never have got back with me on my two bad playfields that I have right now.

Pissing off your loyal customers is always a bad idea and it will come back and bite you in the ass usually. I think that's what they are seeing right now. Give me a warranty on my NIB games and stand behind them or I'm not buying, it's as simple as that.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Unfortunately a lot of cuts coming if it hasn’t happened already.
    Maybe Stern got a big chunk of PPP
    The Spooky model of taking 18 months to make their games might work out good for them

I honestly think a smaller company like Spooky is in better shape than stern with all of their overhead, but who in the hell wants to wait for a year or longer to get a game that's not much fun? Not me!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Is Spooky’s latest not fun?

Not sure, haven't played it yet.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

From the little that I have seen thus far as far as games for sale, there does not appear to be an all out mass liquidation of games by owners. I think that the demographic majority of pinball owners are probably in their fifties or there about with a decent job and SAVINGS. This is what separates the haves and have nots during times like this. Mom always said there would be rainy days. Well it’s pouring. If you prepared, you’ll be ok and just may be in the market for a new game. Undoubtedly the manufacturers will see a tightening. We all will. While I would like to think we will go back to where we were before in due time I think k that is a pipe dream. However, with some belt tightening on the part of the manufacturers they may just slide through this with less scarring than otherwise thought.
    I do agree that on location pinball for the time being is probably not going to do well.
    Time will tell! Stay safe and healthy.

I would be willing to bet you that their sales will be cut by 60-70%. Stern has lost the location business, the people who have lost their jobs business, some people who haven't lost their jobs because they are holding onto their money, and they have also lost a lot of loyal customers due to not standing behind their products recently. That's a lot of customers.

They better start doing like the car companies are right now and give people some incentives that makes them want to buy games.

#25 4 years ago

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pinball-back-in-2011-jjp-rescued-pinball?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.