Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,523 posts
  • 283 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor.gif
    adearbigexd81 (resized).jpg
    genX1.png
    7DB69391-D1F8-4499-8328-BDD19B11B710 (resized).jpeg
    66BCA796-6571-4821-8A38-1772F2610D37 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20230914_110117_One UI Home (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-14 105911 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230914-103506_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_4078 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_1041391_266329 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#58 9 months ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern and JJP will have to decrease production or prices or both to lure us back into the market place.

A couple of years ago JJP could be mentioned along with Stern like that, but times have changed. Stern is selling NIB like gangbusters still and the secondary market is cooling to less than NIB costs finally. JJP on the other hand appears to be way behind Scooby Doo in NIB sales right now with Godfather. So that would make JJP a distant number 4 right now considering CGC and Spooky behind Stern. JJP prices on the secondary market are plummeting which makes waiting for a game much more attractive than NIB these days. JJP better be decreasing production already is the point or we could see close-outs like Williams had to do back in the 90s with CV.

#208 9 months ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Really nice John.I
    #whyJohn?
    The truth hurts ? . Ask Corey if I am lying about the nodes and contact K7 then take your downvote and eat it . Stern fanboy ! I did not sell due to fun factor I sold due to reliability of the Homepin spike p.o.s tech And when it don’t work it isn’t fun to look at the dead stagnant unplayable dead world under glad. Bwahahaha

Haha, I never for a moment doubted that you had problems with a SPIKE game because you are obviously butt hurt. Your case is what is called anecdotal data. I can also give anecdotal data when I say that I have honestly had 11 SPIKE and SPIKE 2 games come into my collection and never had a single issue with anything related to SPIKE or node boards. I had many issues with SAM games over the years. When you include my local circle of friends that makes dozens of games with no SPIKE issues.

I gave you a thumbs down for the simple reason that you constantly spread hatred for something that you obviously know nothing about. As an electronics engineer for the last 35 years who has repaired more items in the last week than the average person repairs in a lifetime, I have a particular set of skills that would make me a nightmare for someone like you to have an honest debate on this issue. But don't worry, its not worth my energy.

#216 9 months ago
    Quoted from Molon_Labe:

I have an honest question for you. Are any of the node board data paths or code encrypted? I have heard some say yes and others say no.

I don't know. What I do know is that the data is not standard Ethernet. Somehow I doubt it's encrypted, but either way you would need to know the protocol to hack into it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-nib-pinball-market?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.