• Latest reply 5 years ago by Blakester
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180601_170858 (resized).jpg
PowerJackpot (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 5 years ago

It's a fantastic game, both to play on your own or competing with friends or in a league/tourney.

Why? The layout and rules. There's depth and breadth and balance to this game.
Depth = the nuance of what you can do in each mode and over the course of all the modes, and interaction factors of your mode success that then influences the scoring and unlocking of other features. The Depth here on interaction factors are crazy good. Do I want to qualify/start my mode now, or wait until I'm one shot away from a MB so I can stack the MB onto the mode? The pressure it creates on claiming a Soul Shard (earned by skillful play in each mode) that's on a short timer/hurry-up, with knowledge that it unlocks a Tomb Treasure and dramatically increases my potential scoring in the Wizard mode.

Breadth = at any given time, you have the option of shooting for modes, or two major multiballs, or aggregate # shots to all the shots to qualify a mini-wizard mode and ratchet up a Power Jackpot that can be grown geometrically if you don't cash it in (but you lose it all if you drain before claiming it), or qualifying/starting playfield X, or shooting for Loop Jackpots (while increasing your risk of outlane drains), or going for Combos and Deathblows particularly if you've just claimed an advance Tomb Treasure that makes them worth 5x for remainder of ball, or trying to earn REVIVE outlane drain saves.
Plus, it's got a mode that's all about ripping lit spinners -- one of my favorite things to do in all of pinball.

Balance: Any single mode or multiball can either be crap scoring or ridiculously huge scoring based on how you perform, including the mini-wizard modes.

Layout: the two upper flippers present unique and challenging shots that the player has the option of using them, or letting the ball come back down to main flippers, depending on the player's risk/reward decisions.

I appreciate the mocking/humor and energy in the callouts, too.

I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden's music or the theme, but this pin is fantastic.

#40 5 years ago

Watch Elwin play the best Trooper Multiball I've ever seen streamed. This pin is fun, frenetic, and exciting -- especially when you've got 3x playfield running and hitting your shots in Trooper (or any other mode/multiball for that matter). https://www.twitch.tv/videos/366481820?t=05h09m40s

#54 5 years ago

WWE LE is technically a 3-flipper game, but shouldn’t be included on any list of pins — at least those that we want to play. Lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-makes-iron-maiden-so-great?tu=Snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.